V2.0 Fates Marriage Chart (spoilers are hidden)

Favna

Fire Emblem Fates Marriage Chart

SPOILER WARNING!! SPOILERS ARE IN SPOILER TAGS!

(I seriously hope this was not made yet... I searched without results.. rip my time spending to create this if it was)

Greatly inspired by the marriage chart that was floating around the internet back in the Awakening days

I decided to build on that and create my own Fates version of it.

Today I'd like to present version 1.1 to the Serenesforest forum :awesome: !

It is still very much a Work-In-Progress, mainly so because whilst I tried to use the English character names

by checking the fireemblem wikia list of characters, there are undoubtedly going to be changes when the game FINALLY comes to the west.

How to use the chart

If you're familiar with the FE:Awakening chart then this should all be pretty straightforward, but lets not make assumptions.

Attached below is both a pre-filled chart for those who just quickly want that as well as a zipped package that

has a photoshop (.psd) file in which you can easily drag, drop, rename, and everything else for photoshop on the chart.

Lastly the zip also includes all the separate icons I used for the characters.

Suggestions and all that

Like I said before, this is still a work in progress and is therefore subject to change every so often.

However, I cannot make those changes unless either I spot them myself or you guys point me towards any.

That said, please do not hesitate to correct me when required.

Update log

v1.0 - Initial post

v1.1 - No idea why I didn't just match child with father from the getgo. Updated the attachment and the image below for that. Unmatched is also still included (not as psd due to file size limits)

v2.0 - YAY for American Release of the game! Finalized the names of the characters as well as added Fuga to Hoshido. Also removed the [WIP] tag as this project is pretty much done now!

The filled chart as it is right now (in spoiler tags due to potential spoilers)

RRt0GmM.png

Fire Emblem Fates Marriage Chart.zip

Edited by Favna

Thank you. I'll try and make use of this in a bit.

One suggestion I do have is making a clearer line of separation between the Birthright and Conquest fathers. Have the PC and Azura (and the other characters that aren't exclusive) in the middle with Nohr on the left and Hoshido on the right, with the potential spouses in similar positions, mirroring the box art.

Thank you. I'll try and make use of this in a bit.

One suggestion I do have is making a clearer line of separation between the Birthright and Conquest fathers. Have the PC and Azura (and the other characters that aren't exclusive) in the middle with Nohr on the left and Hoshido on the right, with the potential spouses in similar positions, mirroring the box art.

Hm, what I've done so far is work from left to right on Nohr->Hoshido->Both for both children and parents, but I suppose an advancement could indeed be a fatter line between each of those for the children (since for the parents it's already pretty clearly indicated by the labels).

Ironically I haven't looked at the box art too much haha! I pre-ordered by birthright online and was looking more at the name than the boxart.

Hm, what I've done so far is work from left to right on Nohr->Hoshido->Both for both children and parents, but I suppose an advancement could indeed be a fatter line between each of those for the children (since for the parents it's already pretty clearly indicated by the labels).

Ironically I haven't looked at the box art too much haha! I pre-ordered by birthright online and was looking more at the name than the boxart.

It just seems like an odd use of the real estate. Going left to right, the pairings go 8-8-6 rather than a more even 8-6-8, and you squeeze 9 people into the smallest box on the bottom while giving a much larger box to a group that only has 4 people.

It just seems like an odd use of the real estate. Going left to right, the pairings go 8-8-6 rather than a more even 8-6-8, and you squeeze 9 people into the smallest box on the bottom while giving a much larger box to a group that only has 4 people.

I think I'm going to keep the 8-8-6, but I have improved on showing clear sections between the 3 camps as well as made it a lot thinner in terms of height. Could you give feedback before I update OP? Much appreciated :awesome:

edit: derp. would help to attach.

Fs0QPyv.png

Edited by Favna

Hey, if you're interested in them, I did made a few infographics for the S-Supports of characters in Fates. (The Revelation one needs fixed)

You're referring to these google sheets right? If so then yeah I found them before. This adds on to that :) using the sheet one can easily choose who to match with who looking at compatibility then process those choices on my chart for easy reference.

You're referring to these google sheets right? If so then yeah I found them before. This adds on to that :) using the sheet one can easily choose who to match with who looking at compatibility then process those choices on my chart for easy reference.

I was referring to these (this link to the Conquest ones) actually. Granted, I made them back before more localized names were revealed.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated to v2.0

v2.0 - YAY for American Release of the game! Finalized the names of the characters as well as added Fuga to Hoshido. Also removed the [WIP] tag as this project is pretty much done now!

I've actually been looking for an Awakening version of this that had Yen'fay as one of the bachelors. Any hints on that?

Well I cleaned up the awakening version a while back for myself because all the ones I found were really smudgy and dirty due to detail or whatnot. Anyway I've added Yen'Fay to it just now, but it isn't as well sorted as the psd and I hope you can understand when I say I really cba to move all to loveless etc etc. If you have Photoshop yourself I therefore highly recommend you work with the psd and not with the jpg..

MEGA

Well I cleaned up the awakening version a while back for myself because all the ones I found were really smudgy and dirty due to detail or whatnot. Anyway I've added Yen'Fay to it just now, but it isn't as well sorted as the psd and I hope you can understand when I say I really cba to move all to loveless etc etc. If you have Photoshop yourself I therefore highly recommend you work with the psd and not with the jpg..

MEGA

Thanks for the link. It was easier to work with than the Fates one. Granted I was surprised that nobody considered adding more Spot Pass characters to theirs, but from what I have, it is actually much better to work with. Now I can show how much polygamy Robin can take love Robin has for the people of Ylisse.

My biggest complaint is that your Awakening chart defaulted with already made pairings. Good news is it wasn't a big deal since I was able to correct it. I should get to work on the Fates Chart now.

post-21683-0-47708800-1456761545_thumb.png

Edited by Dangerus

Thanks for the link. It was easier to work with than the Fates one. Granted I was surprised that nobody considered adding more Spot Pass characters to theirs, but from what I have, it is actually much better to work with. Now I can show how much polygamy Robin can take love Robin has for the people of Ylisse.

My biggest complaint is that your Awakening chart defaulted with already made pairings. Good news is it wasn't a big deal since I was able to correct it. I should get to work on the Fates Chart now.

Yeah I know about the defaulted pairs, sorry about that. They were my pairs for my Lunatic playthrough. I initially used a jpg format chart from god knows where but it was very low resolution so I started swapping out a huge amount of elements. In the process however I only stored it as pre-paired because I wasn't much of a community person for Fire Emblem back then :p

Yeah I know about the defaulted pairs, sorry about that. They were my pairs for my Lunatic playthrough. I initially used a jpg format chart from god knows where but it was very low resolution so I started swapping out a huge amount of elements. In the process however I only stored it as pre-paired because I wasn't much of a community person for Fire Emblem back then :p

It is okay. It was fun seeing what you picked for who and why.