What are you favorite support conversations? [Possible Spoilers]

saisymbolic

In an attempt to talk about something other than the news surrounding the exclusion of several particular features, I would like to hear what your favorite support conversations are in FE: Fates.

On a similar note, if you don't have any favored ones (or if you do), I'd like to know which pairings you wish were available.

My favorite support conversation would have to be that of Niles (Zero) x Arthur (Harold).

Straight from the C-rank, I felt that it expressed a good bit of character depth from them both. Zero was portrayed in a different, more vulnerable light than the sadistic rogue and Harold showed a sense of shrewdness and perceptiveness one would not except in light of his character stereotype of unlucky, justice-seeking warrior. The bond they cultivated over the course of their support, I felt, was one of the stronger ones out of the various supports available. What I mean, if this were styled after one of the earlier FE support systems, I feel that Zero and Harold would have a character ending together.

Going further (and this may be the fan girl in me speaking), I would even say that I would not be mad if Zero and Harold were able to achieve S-rank. In fact, I would probably prefer it over Mamui x Zero. I felt the progress from their A-rank was developed enough to be pushed into S-rank. Well, as developed as one can get in Fire Emblem: Fates (and technically Awakening). But, that's just my opinion.

For those wishing to read a translation of the support, here you go: http://pastebin.com/LSVUYdZS

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have lots, but the ones I like the most are:

Leon & Elise: http://pastebin.com/GEWNN6QA

Kamui & Aqua (Nohr):

http://pastebin.com/8HvAEyjp

Marx & Charlotte:

http://pastebin.com/pq6jnGNE

Oboro & Belka:

http://pastebin.com/n5EAeWsN

Flora & F!Kamui:

http://pastebin.com/Q2T7Zqja

Lots of the supports in FE14 are great, but I think these ones are the best at developing characters and/or world building.

Edited by Matt-hue

Charlotte x Xander

I probably speak for a lot of folks on that

And Charlotte/Nyx...

I admit I like Oboro x Kamui too. And Takumi x Oboro. And Oboro x Zero!

I like a lot of supports, but here are a few of my favorite ones:

Hisame/Ophelia (this one!! this one is my favorite haha)

Nishiki/Azura

Orochi and Oboro and I want them to have an S rank but that's another story shhhh

Laslow/Selena

Oboro/Takumi is one of the better romantic supports, if not the best one I've seen. Their interactions feel really natural and I can definitely see the attraction on both sides, not just from her, way before the S-support.

Oboro/Belka and Leon/Takumi are good A-supports, too.

I have quite a few, but the ones I like the most are:

Leon & Elise: http://pastebin.com/GEWNN6QA

Kamui & Aqua (Nohr):

http://pastebin.com/8HvAEyjp

Marx & Charlotte:

http://pastebin.com/pq6jnGNE

Oboro & Belka

Flora & F!Kamui:

http://pastebin.com/Q2T7Zqja

While a good portion of the supports in FE14 are to my liking, I feel like these ones are the best at developing the characters involved or world building. *I'll edit this post to provide links to them all later. '3'~

Quite liked Marx x Charlotte. Made me curl up and twitch at the cuteness of the S-rank. The thing I have with Charlotte is that her supports with a lot of the men characters tend to feel copy-paste. She tries to woo them, they see through her, she gets mad, they fall in love. Or something along those lines. With Marx, however, I feel its a bit more fitting? Maybe? I don't know. I just felt that it didn't make either of them feel out of character and that they actually had a defined personality.

I'm probably rambling and making no sense.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Oboro has many good supports, but my favorites are OboroxTakumi, OboroxNiles and OboroxBelka.

I also like FeliciaxRyoma, it really isn't amazing or anything, but it's nice to see Ryoma in a light-hearted situation. And seeing him gulping in fear of Felicia's cooking is pretty funny.

Some people don't like it, but I really like SilasxSakura.

A support that suprised me in a good way is XanderxCharlotte.

Actually Charlotte is another one that has many good supports.

And KadenxFelicia and FlannelxFelicia, those two supports are adorable.

Edited by Water Mage

Oboro/Takumi is one of the better romantic supports, if not the best one I've seen. Their interactions feel really natural and I can definitely see the attraction on both sides, not just from her, way before the S-support.

The thing I liked the most about Oboro/Takumi was that her feelings for Takumi didn't define her character, making when they finally got together in the S-rank all the more satisfying.

The funny thing about Leon/Takumi is that when Hamayama was streaming the Invisible Kingdom route on Twitch and we, the chat, had dubbed Takumi and Leon the BrOTP for some reason. I think it was because Takumi kept getting critical hits whenever Leon was in an adjacent space or something silly like that. Those were good times...

Charlotte x Xander

I probably speak for a lot of folks on that

And Charlotte/Nyx...

I admit I like Oboro x Kamui too. And Takumi x Oboro. And Oboro x Zero!

Oboro has many good supports, but my favorites are OboroxTakumi, OboroxNiles and OboroxBelka.

I also like FeliciaxRyoma, it really isn't amazing or anything, but it's nice to see Ryoma in a light-hearted situation. And seeing him gulping in fear of Felicia's cooking is pretty funny.

Some people don't like it, but I really like SilasxSakura.

A support that suprised me in a good way is XanderxCharlotte.

Actually Charlotte is another one that has many good supports.

And KadenxFelicia and FlannelxFelicia, those two supports are adorable.

The thing I liked the most about Oboro/Takumi was that her feelings for Takumi didn't define her character, making when they finally got together in the S-rank all the more satisfying.

The funny thing about Leon/Takumi is that when Hamayama was streaming the Invisible Kingdom route on Twitch and we, the chat, had dubbed Takumi and Leon the BrOTP for some reason. I think it was because Takumi kept getting critical hits whenever Leon was in an adjacent space or something silly like that. Those were good times...

yes.

i like ryoma with kagerou for some reason

and nishiki's support with flannel it was silly but nice i liked it

but takumi x oboro is the real otp

Edited by maybe

I'm also a big fan of Xander x Charlotte. After reading about her wish to marry a rich man, I immediately thought "well, she has to marry Xander then!" and went to read their supports. They weren't at all what I expected, but in a good way. It feels like both characters are at their best here. The S rank is awfully sweet.

Arthur x Azura is my another favorite. I've always liked the supports revolving around shared backstories, so I liked this one from the get-go. The S rank is hilarious and sweet and awkward and Arthur is too good for this world oh my goodness just read it.

I'm also a big fan of Xander x Charlotte. After reading about her wish to marry a rich man, I immediately thought "well, she has to marry Xander then!" and went to read their supports. They weren't at all what I expected, but in a good way. It feels like both characters are at their best here. The S rank is awfully sweet.

Arthur x Azura is my another favorite. I've always liked the supports revolving around shared backstories, so I liked this one from the get-go. The S rank is hilarious and sweet and awkward and Arthur is too good for this world oh my goodness just read it.

I absolutely loved Harold/Aqua's support. Maybe even enough to marry them come release date. Can you imagine Shigure with that awesome superhero chin? Good lord, it's absolutely magnificent. Their support was very straightforward and a bit short but, what it lacked in length, it made up for in development and I appreciate that.

I absolutely loved Harold/Aqua's support. Maybe even enough to marry them come release date. Can you imagine Shigure with that awesome superhero chin? Good lord, it's absolutely magnificent.

My image of Shigure as a Disney prince has been completely reconstructed! ...In a good way.

Trying to get back on-topic, I vaguely remember Leo x Felicia support chain mentioning those two washing dishes together and I haven't gotten that adorable mental image out of my head since. I don't know much about Felicia yet, but there has to be something good about her, if in her support with Xander she tries to make him wear a maid uniform. Bless that girl.

Edited by Carnation

I actually really liked Hinata x Oboro a lot! He really likes her but puts his own feelings aside to help her with her crush on Takumi since he sees him as someone to truly look up to rather than a petty rival. I also think it says a lot about Oboro that she accepts his true feelings and genuinely loves him back even if he isn't Takumi. Reminds me why I really liked Forde x Vanessa and Vaike x Cordelia; they don't mind putting aside their crush on a prince to give someone equally worthy a chance. Maybe I'm the only person who likes these ones, sooo.... XD

Corrin x Azura is much better written than I was honestly expecting, especially with how unique each support chain is depending on the path. At least it wasn't all about pies.

As for non romantic, all the sibling supports are great, but Xander/Camilla/Leo x Elise hit me in the feels. Elise is love, pure and simple~! <3

My favorite support conversation would have to be that of Niles (Zero) x Arthur (Harold).

Straight from the C-rank, I felt that it expressed a good bit of character depth from them both. Zero was portrayed in a different, more vulnerable light than the sadistic rogue and Harold showed a sense of shrewdness and perceptiveness one would not except in light of his character stereotype of unlucky, justice-seeking warrior. The bond they cultivated over the course of their support, I felt, was one of the stronger ones out of the various supports available. What I mean, if this were styled after one of the earlier FE support systems, I feel that Zero and Harold would have a character ending together.
Going further (and this may be the fan girl in me speaking), I would even say that I would not be mad if Zero and Harold were able to achieve S-rank. In fact, I would probably prefer it over Mamui x Zero. I felt the progress from their A-rank was developed enough to be pushed into S-rank. Well, as developed as one can get in Fire Emblem: Fates (and technically Awakening). But, that's just my opinion.
For those wishing to read a translation of the support, here you go: http://pastebin.com/LSVUYdZS

Just butting in to say that I agree with everything you just wrote! I love Arthur/Effie but the idea of Arthur/Niles is very good too. Too bad they don't have an S support... Arthur is the kind of partner I envisioned for a sadistic life-hating guy like Niles. Too bad only Mozume from the girls he can marry can actually give him this sort of emotional support.

Anyway, so far, from what I've read, I've really liked Shigure/Mitama. It was very tender, and a believable love story between artists. I sure am putting them together in all of my playthroughs!

I also liked Arthur/Effie, and Azura/Azama, although I'm not sure if I'll ever pair Azura and Azama together for reasons stated above (lol). Maybe for one playthrough...

Then I liked Benny/Charlotte, really lovely and IMO he's the guy that works best for her, because they know eachother so well.

Oh, and Shinonome/Eponine wasn't very good, but I still enjoyed it. Shinonome is so cute and obvlious to everything that's happening.

There were other supports I enjoyed, but these are the first ones that come to mind.

There's a lot of supports I like so this is just a fraction but
Marx-Charlotte
Marx-Hinoka
Takumi-Oboro
Takumi-Leon
Hinoka-Tsubaki
Sakura-Tsubaki

Sakura-Saizou
Marx-Felicia
Ryouma-Felicia
Ryouma-Oboro

Rinka-Saizou

And because I just wrote about this pair on my blog I'll paste it here
[spoiler=Ryouma/Rinka]

On a more shallow level, Ryouma’s my favorite fates dude, Rinka’s my favorite fates girl, they can S rank, let’s do it. Their support’s solid, though. Before going into support details, I also like the aspect that Rinka’s the daughter of a clan chieftain and a leader in her own right, and it brings a diplomatic aspect to their pair, which I really like. Rinka has a bunch of pretty solid supports, but there’s also a bunch where the other party just wants to make her socialize, which rubs me the wrong way. Ryouma doesn’t do that. While Ryouma is the one who did approach her, his angle is respectful and aware of her culture, and he’s trying to talk to her in a way that both parties can benefit from in their alliance. As both war-hardened warriors, they can relate to each other in this way, too. Rinka lets down her guard and asks Ryouma to help her get through her broken pride after being a prisoner of war, and we learn about Ryouma’s meditation methods. I think they complement each other well. Out of the characters Ryouma can S rank, I’d pick Rinka every time.

Edited by Thor Odinson

[spoiler=Ryouma/Rinka]

That's a very insightful post. I wholeheartedly agree with your viewpoint on Ryouma/Rinka. It definitely makes me want to look up more of Rinka's supports as I sort of...forgot...about her.

Oops?

That's a very insightful post. I wholeheartedly agree with your viewpoint on Ryouma/Rinka. It definitely makes me want to look up more of Rinka's supports as I sort of...forgot...about her.

Oops?

I recommend Saizou, Takumi, Hinata, and Tsubaki as some of my favorite supports for Rinka, in addition to Ryouma.

I also remember all her female supports are pretty solid too.

One thing about Rinka's character I find in contrast with how the series usually handle tough women, is that Rinka's actually supposed to be fairly strategic minded instead of being very reckless. In both x Saizou and Tsubaki she even reprimands them for being too reckless and she mentions studying strategy in her mycastle lines. Whatever recklessness she exhibits in battle is actually addressed in Ryouma/Rinka, due to suffering a wounded pride she began fighting a lot more aggressively and one thing Ryouma helps her with is to get her to cool her head again. I feel pride is a fairly central aspect to Rinka's character and definitely a thing I enjoy exploring.

I actually quite enjoy the differences and contrasts between Hinoka vs Hana vs Rinka as characters. I love them all, though.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Leon and Foleo support is one of my favorites. Leon feeling bad for what happened in their first encounter and learning to accep his kid for what he is and not for how he looks? Yes, I like it!

I like Takumi supports with Kisaragi too, as like Leon, Takumi is trying to learn to be a good dad, only that this time, he learns from his own kid, and I think, that Kisaragi is the perfect kid for angry-babybro, Takumi really need positive things in his life LoL

Oboro and Belka supports are very good, good development for Oboro here

And a support I wish were available? Oboro x Leon!!

Edited by SniperGYS

[spoiler=Ryouma/Rinka]

Hey guys, is it just me or does Thor really like Ryoma?

slowpoke-facts.jpg

Seriously though, I don't like how a lot of Rinkah's supports are based around 'hey, you should be more social' even though being loners/isolationists is a part of her culture and don't even get me started on her support with Jakob. The fact that Ryoma's doesn't follow that trend and manages to be well-written as well makes it my favourite in-game ship for Rinkah. She's still the poor man's replacement for Scarlet though. IS, why is she Kamuisexual? T_T