What are you favorite support conversations? [Possible Spoilers]

saisymbolic

I agree with this one. I've heard good things about her and Shinonome's support, but since they are gonna be cousins due to my pairings, I needed to find an alternative. Siegbert is just so nice to everyone :)

He really is. It's super sweet.

I also liked Tsubaki/Niles a lot... i wish they could have kids together

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the localizers will change the Jakob/Rinka S support because as it's ridiculous.

I mean what's he going to do if Rinka says no, rape her? Because given the way he acts there, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

I've always felt that Rinka should just suplex him at the end of that S and Jakob's MaxHP gets cut in half after that S support and you don't get any bonuses or Dwyer.

I honestly won't be fussed if they rewrite Jakob completely to be honest. He has a few good ones, but the vast majority of the time he's such a douchebag that I'm surprised anyone can tolerate him for more than a moment. Hell, Rinkah not decking him in any of their supports (not just S) is both out of character and disappointing, since he really deserves it at that point.

I honestly won't be fussed if they rewrite Jakob completely to be honest. He has a few good ones, but the vast majority of the time he's such a douchebag that I'm surprised anyone can tolerate him for more than a moment. Hell, Rinkah not decking him in any of their supports (not just S) is both out of character and disappointing, since he really deserves it at that point.

It's especially jarring since Charlotte does deck Zero for being out of line pretty hard. Why is Rinka not afforded the same treatment?

It's especially jarring since Charlotte does deck Zero for being out of line pretty hard. Why is Rinka not afforded the same treatment?

Because Rinkah is usually portrayed as being somewhat in the wrong for wanting to not spend time with people, even though isolationism is a part of her culture (I can see where both sides are coming from, and I see no reason why the supports couldn't have been written so that Rinkah could be more cordial without having to go against her culture). Combining the treatment that the Flame Tribes attittude towards outsiders with Jakob's...Jakob-ness is like combining matter and anti-matter.

Because Rinkah is usually portrayed as being somewhat in the wrong for wanting to not spend time with people, even though isolationism is a part of her culture (I can see where both sides are coming from, and I see no reason why the supports couldn't have been written so that Rinkah could be more cordial without having to go against her culture). Combining the treatment that the Flame Tribes attittude towards outsiders with Jakob's...Jakob-ness is like combining matter and anti-matter.

Definitely. Which is why I like Ryouma's support with her so much--because he actually treats her with respect with her culture. Jakob's support is especially jarring because others at least acknowledge her culture, but he straight up just "i don't want to join the flame tribe I don't care about anything you stand for but marry me anyway"

Jakob is very blunt. That's just the way he is and I wouldn't care about him as much if he wasn't like that.

Beruka is one of a select few (Corrin included) who I like pairing with him. I'm hesitant on Rinkah/Jakob.

Why do you want Rinkah to hit Jakob? Isn't hitting others considered being abusive?

I also like Felicia/Kaden, Azama/Hinoka, etc.

Edited by Raumata

[spoiler=JakobxRinkah S-Support]

Joker: "Rinka. Listen to what I have to say.”

Rinka: “…What is it?”

Joker:“You…Have you been thinking about spending your life with someone?”

Rinka:“…What do you mean by that?”

Joker: “I mean it as if you have ever thought about getting married with someone.”

Rinka: “Ha-Hah? What are you talking about!?”

Joker: “Just answer me.”

Rinka: “Even I…do think about getting married…”

Joker: “Will it be with some village guy from your tribe?”

Rinka: “Eeh!? I haven’t thought until that long!”

Joker: “Then, answer me right now.”

Rinka: “…..I-I guess it’s almost certainly it will be like that…”

Joker: “I won’t allow that.”

Rinka: “Yo-you won’t allow that?”

Joker: “You will marry me. There’s no other way than that.”

Rinka: “Ha-Haah!? Wha-what are you talking about?”

Joker: “I say marry me.”

Rinka: “I-I heard that! Sti-still…When you say something like that out of nowhere…”

Joker: “I had even thought about joining the Fire tribe. But, it’s impossible. It doesn’t suit me. Even so, I still want to marry you.”

Rinka: “Yo-you are saying something very selfish!”

Joker: “First of all, let me tell you…I will do whatever it takes to marry you.”

Rinka: “The-then…you should have expected to be a part of Fire tribe, too…”

Joker: “No, but if it really comes to that, then I will snatch you away even if it’s against your will to marry you.”

Rinka: “A-aren’t you being absurd!”

Joker: “That’s right. That shows you how much I love you.”

Rinka: “!”

Joker: “Marry me, Rinka.”

Rinka: “…Yeah, I understand. My solitude life ends today.”

Joker: “That’s right. Because from now on, I will always be by your side.”

There's a difference between being blunt and being an arsehole.

Edited by Phillius

Joker and Rinka's S-support makes Joker sound like one of those controlling bastards who think it's their right to "have" a woman and expect that she'll just do whatever he wants her to do, one of those "I'm going to take you away against your will because it shows you how much I love you" types. Complete and utter bullshit, and since he is capable of proposing to people like a normal human being he's just being an OOC asshole in this support.

Why do you want Rinkah to hit Jakob? Isn't hitting others considered being abusive?

If a guy tells me "im going to take you against you will if you don't agree to marry me" I'm going to kick his ass

The build up to that is also "oh by the way, I don't care about your culture, I don't want a part of anything that's actually important to you, it's all about ME ME ME"

As Rinkah says, Jakob's selfish. He does what he wants and that's that. I understand that type of behavior is annoying at times.

That's exactly why people have a problem with this support. Who the hell in their right mind would willingly marry a guy who outright says to your face "I don't care about your feelings or anything that's important to you. I want to marry you so I will do whatever it takes to have you, even if I have to take you against your will"? If Joker actually DOES try to get her to marry him by force, Rinka is well within her right to deck him one.

This kind of behavior isn't just "annoying", it's controlling and can lead to abusive behavior. Which Jakob doesn't show in any other support so it does HIS character a disservice, too.

There's being selfish and there's threatening to take someone by force if they don't comply do I have to spell it out what that means

Considering Jakob has proposed like a normal human being in his other supports, it does neither characters a favor nor is it in character for either of them. Given Jakob's behavior stays the same, Rinka acting in-character should have beat him up and just left and there wouldn't be a completed S rank. There would be no relationship because Rinka should not have obligated to enter one with him. Given Jakob's behavior in his other supports, he may be a selfish asshole, but this is over the line, even for him, so he shouldn't have proposed in this manner in the first place. The C-A is already Rinka's least chemistry-building support, and the S just pushes it overboard.

Edited by Thor Odinson

He's also openly antagonistic in some cases. Here's the start of his support with Kazahana.

KAZAHANA: Sei! Hah!

JOKER: Oh, I thought I heard a wild pig. Was that just your voice, Kazahana?

KAZAHANA: Ugh... your attitude and personality are as foul as ever, I see.

JOKER: Aren't we blunt. You need to mind your manners.

It's one thing to be selfish and blunt, but Jakob crosses the line between comedy/sympathetic and just being an arsehole for no apparent reason. Whatever his sympathetic/good qualities are, they aren't enough to justify/outweigh his behaviour in my opinion.

The laws of this world spells out that Charlotte can deck the shit out of Zero for crossing the line with no issue because Zero was really a creep there and crossed some serious bounds

Rinka also outranks Joker if we look at their positions--Joker's some butler, Rinka's the next in line to the Fire Chief, if she suplexed him for a justifiable reason---and their S is a very justifiable reason nobody can really fault her

Edited by Thor Odinson

Hmm. It's one thing to hit someone if they hit you first, but hearing someone saying something lewd or being rude then giving said person a haymaker doesn't sit well with me. Because I've done that before, as a teenager.

Edited by Raumata

Okay, Rinkah + Jakob = terrible chemistry & ooc.

Jakob = insults people who're supposed to be his allies making him unlikable. He's competitive, even towards his own son.

Did I get everything? All I see is someone who needs to mature, since his flaws are so out in the open. Before we derail this thread any further, how about we send each other PM's instead?

Also explain if my opinion on this is wrong?

Edited by Raumata

Unwanted directed lewd speech count as sexual harassment and I have no qualms decking someone for sexual harassment. Would not even feel bad.

I wouldn't say Joker's unlikable, he has some solid supports-Aqua's a good one that goes into his past, he's nice to the little sisters, and he gives Hinoka some solid life advice. His support with Elfie is a funny support without him going totally overboard. Joker/Dea also needs to be looked at in conjunction with Dea's paralogue.

What I've learned of Joker is that he's just mostly pretty fucked up. He has abandonment issues and a lot of bad self esteem that stemmed from that and his childhood when he was still shitty as his job and he only feels really validated around Kamui who's the first person to really show him kindness and his behavior is really unhealthy and it doesn't excuse all the shit he pulls but it does give the perspective of why he does such things and I mostly feel bad for him.

I think with Rinka and Kazahana is what we see Joker at his worst. He's still pretty rude overall, but the rest of them doesn't get as bad as those two, as far as I remember. I've read all of his supports--other than the ones I mentioned above--Kagerou's is decent, not great but decent, Luna wasn't awful I remember? He's really mean to Felicia though, which was really disappointing because they did the my castle video together and are coworkers.

I'm not docking too much off Joker for S support shittery because S supports tend to be where all the ooc shit goes since most of them come off pretty forced and contrived in general and it's not only him that gets it (he just got a really bad one)--especially if it's only a one-off level of this bad. C-A though, I can't overlook.

[ontopic: joker-support recs in that paragraph. Oh, I forgot one---Joker Oboro has a very interesting C-A---I don't really remember the S because the C-A doesn't build up any romance but it's an interesting read]

Edited by Thor Odinson

Can we just agree that Joker and Rinka have way better supports than with each other? Joker actually has a nice support with Kagero, and Rinka with Kaze.

But one of my least favorites is CharlottexKaze and how OOC that S rank is.

[spoiler=CharxKaze]S-support:

Charlotte: Su~zuka~ze-sa~n! You did well in today’s training again~! Here, a towel and some water~!

Suzukaze: Thank you very much. But… Recently, you’ve been calling out to me a lot, haven’t you.

Charlotte: Yes, of course~! Well~ You’re very cool~ it’s because you can accept my true self~ ……. Really, I’ve want to pull it off completely. (??) Hey, are you starting to see my appeal yet?

Suzukaze: That you’re so passionate is wonderful, but isn’t it better to pay attention to other people?

Charlotte: Ehh~ Noo~. All I need is you~.

Suzukaze: A-ah…

Charlotte: That’s why, someday I want to marry you~. Kya! I said it~! Heey, Suzukaze-san. Do you also want to marry me?

Suzukaze: Eh? Um…

Charlotte: I’m cute, and I can cook, so I wouldn’t be a bad wife, right~.

Suzukaze: That’s true. I agree.

Charlotte: Yes! So you’ll marry me~!

Suzukaze: N-no, that’s not what I…

Charlotte: Why not~! So, I’m really no good…?

Suzukaze: No, that’s…

Edited by Duke of Dozel

Unwanted directed lewd speech count as sexual harassment and I have no qualms decking someone for sexual harassment. Would not even feel bad.

I wouldn't say Joker's unlikable, he has some solid supports-Aqua's a good one that goes into his past, he's nice to the little sisters, and he gives Hinoka some solid life advice. His support with Elfie is a funny support without him going totally overboard. Joker/Dea also needs to be looked at in conjunction with Dea's paralogue.

What I've learned of Joker is that he's just mostly pretty fucked up. He has abandonment issues and a lot of bad self esteem that stemmed from that and his childhood when he was still shitty as his job and he only feels really validated around Kamui who's the first person to really show him kindness and his behavior is really unhealthy and it doesn't excuse all the shit he pulls but it does give the perspective of why he does such things and I mostly feel bad for him.

I think with Rinka and Kazahana is what we see Joker at his worst. He's still pretty rude overall, but the rest of them doesn't get as bad as those two, as far as I remember. I've read all of his supports--other than the ones I mentioned above--Kagerou's is decent, not great but decent, Luna wasn't awful I remember? He's really mean to Felicia though, which was really disappointing because they did the my castle video together and are coworkers.

I'm not docking too much off Joker for S support shittery because S supports tend to be where all the ooc shit goes since most of them come off pretty forced and contrived in general and it's not only him that gets it (he just got a really bad one)--especially if it's only a one-off level of this bad. C-A though, I can't overlook.

[ontopic: joker-support recs in that paragraph. Oh, I forgot one---Joker Oboro has a very interesting C-A---I don't really remember the S because the C-A doesn't build up any romance but it's an interesting read]

For me though, that's part of the problem. The only people he ever acts truly nice around are Kamui (his boss), Elisa and Sakura (his boss' little sisters), Hinoka (one of the boss' older sisters) and Azura (one of female!boss' best friends and male!boss' canon heavily-teased/implied love interest). Maybe I'm just being bias because of personal experience, but those don't strike me as the traits of a sympathetic character or even a tsundere, they seem like the traits of an douche-bag co-worker who acts abrasive to everyone except their boss or people their boss likes, in which case they're nothing but smiles, ice cream and rainbows and I feel sorry for Felicia and Flora because they have to work with him.

Edited by Phillius