What are you favorite support conversations? [Possible Spoilers]

saisymbolic

I'm kinda surprised no one's talked about Kaden/Azura yet. That support is absolutely adorable, and they have fantastic chemistry together. There's also the fact that Kaden is actually supporting Azura throughout the conversation, while also acknowledging the traits that make her unique. To the best of my knowledge, there's no other support that Azura has where anyone acknowledges that she may actually need help dealing with the craziness in her life, and the fact that Kaden catches on to this, and even goes as far as to encourage her to be a little selfish for once, is really sweet.

It is adorable, but...I don't know, there's something I don't like about it? It feels like a rehash of Henry/Lissa to be honest, but weaker.

(Indulge the crazy analyst) Henry/Lissa starts because the latter can't sleep because she's worrying about the war, and still thinks about Emmeryn's death, two years later. So right off the bat you can see how the fighting stresses her out and how she's got some PTSD, but tries to keep up a cheerful facade in front of others. You then learn that despite what she's seen she still feels compassion for her enemies and even birds, which you wouldn't expect given her cheeky nature. Wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am characterization, and that's just in the C and B supports. The chain doesn't do as much for Henry, but you get to see his soft side as well as the fact he's not a complete psycho; he likes to help people, even if he sometimes goes too far. And when he goes too far he's willing to listen to other people and stop.

Compared to that, Kaden/Azura seems...lacking, I guess. Kaden acts like Kaden in that support, cheerful, helpful nice guy. Nothing unusual or particularly revealing for him, and you don't get a lot on Azura's end either, just that she likes cute things. The A is nice because it touches on war stress, which I love to see in Fire Emblem, but it comes after two supports that lack substance.

I dunno. It's cute, like you said, but it could have been better if they'd moved the subject of the A-support up to C or B. As is it just feels empty.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I finished writing up Ryouma's support reviews too -- generally I'm looking for positive things because I like to dig at them for bits of characterization that paints the bigger picture of him, but there's a few times I get pretty pissed hahaha

I need one of those summary supports for everyone. I NEED it.

Here's one for Felicia:

Felicia: I'm a poor maid!

And depending on the personality of the character, choose one response:

"Lol/You should quit/Don't give up/I hate maids/That's rough buddy".

Felicia: Let's make babies!

Here's one for Felicia:

LOL. That sounds about right.

I still like Felicia/Harold despite the fact that it falls into that third category. I like to pretend the S-ranks happen over an extended period of time. Plus, I like to make the excuse that, during life-death/war time situations, people are more prone to be drawn together and develop relationships because they have to trust and rely on this person to make sure they don't bite the dust.

Not the best reasoning but its one that I can understand.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Here's one for Felicia:

Yeah, that just about sums it up. Guess the devs didn't think that moe maids need depth...

Yeah, that just about sums it up. Guess the devs didn't think that moe maids need depth...

Yeah it's not like she's got a backstory or has Stockholm Syndrome or anything. Talking about that would just be outlandish.

A few Felicia supports I liked are:

-Nishiki: No mention of clumsy maid at all here. It's not horribly deep, but it's really sweet.

-Hinata: Ice sculptures. There's a little mention of clumsy maidness, but the focus is ice sculptures.

-Odin: Probably the most meaningful Felicia support IMO. While there's some mention of clumsymaid stuff most of it really deals with judgement and perception. I'd say this is my favorite Felicia support.

Also I like Felicia with both niichans because the niichans need humor in their life, and Felicia provides that.

Zero's felt like a disappointment because it comes so close to addressing that stockholm syndrome, and just misses doing it for real. It's unfortunate.

So I finished writing up Ryouma's support reviews too -- generally I'm looking for positive things because I like to dig at them for bits of characterization that paints the bigger picture of him, but there's a few times I get pretty pissed hahaha

I'm definitely gonna read this more closely later, but I was skimming and noticed the "Senpai noticed me!"-Kazahana part, and that captures my feeling about this pairing perfectly :3 I think I would like to pair them up at least once when I play the game, since they are my favorite guy and girl after all.

I also noticed how you really didn't like the F!Kamui and Aqua S supports, and now I feel bad for wanting to marry Ryouma because it really is doing a disservice to his characterization :( Why can't all this be handled in a better way...

Edited by Tsuky

A few Felicia supports I liked are:

-Nishiki: No mention of clumsy maid at all here. It's not horribly deep, but it's really sweet.

-Hinata: Ice sculptures. There's a little mention of clumsy maidness, but the focus is ice sculptures.

-Odin: Probably the most meaningful Felicia support IMO. While there's some mention of clumsymaid stuff most of it really deals with judgement and perception. I'd say this is my favorite Felicia support.

Also I like Felicia with both niichans because the niichans need humor in their life, and Felicia provides that.

Zero's felt like a disappointment because it comes so close to addressing that stockholm syndrome, and just misses doing it for real. It's unfortunate.

You're so damn positive about this, I admire that! Still, remember that Felicia is one of the characters with the highest amount of supports, meaning that it's pretty incredible that only three are vaguely positive, and even then I don't remember any of them sticking out.

And yeah but Xander handles it better than Ryouma fite me

I also noticed how you really didn't like the F!Kamui and Aqua S supports, and now I feel bad for wanting to marry Ryouma because it really is doing a disservice to his characterization :( Why can't all this be handled in a better way...

And reduce the uncomfortably, ever-present psuedo-incestual undertones?! I think not!

I'm definitely gonna read this more closely later, but I was skimming and noticed the "Senpai noticed me!"-Kazahana part, and that captures my feeling about this pairing perfectly :3 I think I would like to pair them up at least once when I play the game, since they are my favorite guy and girl after all.

Yeah it's definitely hard balancing personal attraction to Ryouma (trust me I know haha) with actual supports and story and I had a lot of internal conflict about it as well--but since I ship him with Rinka anyway, that does make it easier on me Except Shino's mods, but it's still all positive, res aside I can deal. I'm still salting over no Crimson, though. Excellent chemistry, beautiful stats, and Shino looks amazing blond. Why can't we have this

You're so damn positive about this, I admire that! Still, remember that Felicia is one of the characters with the highest amount of supports, meaning that it's pretty incredible that only three are vaguely positive, and even then I don't remember any of them sticking out.

And yeah but Xander handles it better than Ryouma fite me

Hey, it's support rec thread. I'm just recommending whatever I remember. I agree that Felicia's supports are mostly repetitive, but gotta take what we got.

im fite u

Edited by Thor Odinson

Hey, it's support rec thread. I'm just recommending whatever I remember.

im fite u

Yeah, you're right. Honestly, the character that surprised me the most was Saizou, who aside from Hinoka has pretty darn good supports; I didn't think much of him at first, but he might be my favorite retainer aside from Oboro, although the competition isn't really that good.

I would mention Shinonome as well, but I believe you already have; if memory serves, we have about the same opinions about the guy, and that his support with Matoi is great.

Edited by Thane

Yeah, you're right. Honestly, the character that surprised me the most was Saizou, who aside from Hinoka has pretty darn good supports; I didn't think much of him at first, but he might be my favorite retainer aside from Oboro, although the competition really that good.

I would mention Shinonome as well, but I believe you already have; if memory serves, we have about the same opinions about the guy, and that his support with Matoi is great.

Saizou definitely really grew on me as well with his supports, and I agree with Oboro being great.

People don't believe me when I say I like Shino independent of his dad--considering I'm such lobster trash, but it's true. If he wasn't the guy he is I probably won't care about him as much. The Matoi support definitely really stands out, which is a shame because my two favorite Tsubaki supports are Hinoka and Sakura, so the chance of Matoi being his cousin is really high.

It makes pairing Ryouma a pain when I wanna go S rank Rinka because Oboro aside (bro code) my next fav supports with Ryouma are all a bunch of magic moms and those fuck Shino up so bad ;___;

Edited by Thor Odinson

Forrest and Siegbert's were super cute....

Just about all of Niles supports are great because he's, well, Niles. I think his supports with Odin are my favorite though. I don't know why Leo decided to make these idiots his retainers

Saizou definitely really grew on me as well with his supports, and I agree with Oboro being great.

People don't believe me when I say I like Shino independent of his dad--considering I'm such lobster trash, but it's true. If he wasn't the guy he is I probably won't care about him as much. The Matoi support definitely really stands out, which is a shame because my two favorite Tsubaki supports are Hinoka and Sakura, so the chance of Matoi being his cousin is really high.

It makes pairing Ryouma a pain when I wanna go S rank Rinka because Oboro aside (bro code) my next fav supports with Ryouma are all a bunch of magic moms and those fuck Shino up so bad ;___;

Well I agree with you. It's probably the least quirky support in the entire game; they just talk about their future and who they are, and it's surprisingly well done and interesting. And while you've got pairing problems, I've got the issue of not liking the kids in this game.

Speaking of which, I hate it when people say "well in Awakening it was time travel and that's also unrealistic!", which is not the same thing. My favorite idiom is: "You can make an audience believe the impossible, but no the improbable" - time travel as an established mechanic from the get-go, fine. Kids getting pregnant, shoved into hyperbolic time chambers that only appear after said pregnancy complete with long visits in the middle of wartime is not only impossible, but also improbable.

Shinonome also has the problem of having the worst designed map in the game, too.

Well I agree with you. It's probably the least quirky support in the entire game; they just talk about their future and who they are, and it's surprisingly well done and interesting. And while you've got pairing problems, I've got the issue of not liking the kids in this game.

Speaking of which, I hate it when people say "well in Awakening it was time travel and that's also unrealistic!", which is not the same thing. My favorite idiom is: "You can make an audience believe the impossible, but no the improbable" - time travel as an established mechanic from the get-go, fine. Kids getting pregnant, shoved into hyperbolic time chambers that only appear after said pregnancy complete with long visits in the middle of wartime is not only impossible, but also improbable.

Shinonome also has the problem of having the worst designed map in the game, too.

Haha I also don't like the kids existing--I just also really love Shino. Sometimes I have AUs where Shino grew up like normal human beings instead of time chambers (of course this would render him unplayable because he'd be an actual baby in this AU but that's ok, I just want him to exist) and others where he's the Hoshisibs' party cousin instead.

The time chamber thing is really dumb, I agree. But since I want Shino to exist, I want him to exist well. I can handle what Rinka does to his stats--or even Setsuna (not that I like Ryouma/Setsuna so I don't have to worry about this one) but mages just take it down too far.

He's probably the only kid I have this treatment for. Possibly Siegbert, but I mostly just see Sieg as Shino's BF considering Matoi's so often his cousin I can't S them in good conscience (unless she's not). :P

Edited by Thor Odinson

Haha I also don't like the kids existing--I just also really love Shino. Sometimes I have AUs where Shino grew up like normal human beings instead of time chambers (of course this would render him unplayable because he'd be an actual baby in this AU but that's ok, I just want him to exist) and others where he's the Hoshisibs' party cousin instead.

The time chamber thing is really dumb, I agree. But since I want Shino to exist, I want him to exist well. I can handle what Rinka does to his stats--or even Setsuna (not that I like Ryouma/Setsuna so I don't have to worry about this one) but mages just take it down too far.

He's probably the only kid I have this treatment for. Possibly Siegbert, but I mostly just see Sieg as Shino's BF considering Matoi's so often his cousin I can't S them in good conscience (unless she's not). :P

Well, I don't believe it's uncommon to give certain characters preferential treatment like that for whatever reason. By my own standards, I should really not like Cynthia; she's rather one-note (at least until the DLC), has a high-pitched voice and fights in a miniskirt, but I don't; in fact, I really rather like her.

Well, I don't believe it's uncommon to give certain characters preferential treatment like that for whatever reason. By my own standards, I should really not like Cynthia; she's rather one-note (at least until the DLC), has a high-pitched voice and fights in a miniskirt, but I don't; in fact, I really rather like her.

Yeah ngl Felicia has a soft spot with me because she's Ryouma's one full-humor support, haha (although I also found it hilarious that Shino managed to exasperate Ryouma enough he just up and left)

despite the rest of her supports being very repetitive

Edited by Thor Odinson

^

CharlottexKaze, FeliciaxCorrin, HinokaxHinata, KageroxRyoma. There's a ton of other ones, especially with Corrin, but Im too lazy.

BelkaxMarx is such a shitty support.

Edited by Duke of Dozel

Off the top of my head
Rinka/Kamui (i was very surprised about this one--Rinka is an introvert and doesn't usually propose, but it came up when I was reviewing her supports--but also this is just a very interesting support in general, especially for being a Kamui support)
Hinata/Hinoka (good support in general)

Suzukaze/Hinoka (The support was okay I guess? It didn't really stand out to me)

Asama/Kazahana (Azama is surprisingly not a dick here and it's a pretty funny support)

Kagerou/Ryouma (Kinda in the vein or Obokumi with the whole "im your subordinate with hots for you I'm resign" thing)

Oboro also proposes to Saizou and Tsubaki. My notes also say Hana kinda proposes to Takumi, but I'm too lazy to reread to confirm

I'm not sure about Nohr side I'm sure there are I just can't remember exactly off the top of my head
I should reread all these supports at some point

^

CharlottexKaze, FeliciaxCorrin, HinokaxHinata, KageroxRyoma. There's a ton of other ones, especially with Corrin, but Im too lazy.

BelkaxMarx is such a shitty support.

Beruka x Arthur might just be my favorite support for them both. That big speech about justice he gives in the C-support made me feel more American just by reading it.

I've been looking through Kagero's supports, because if I do decide to go for Ryoma/Elise I need to get her a new husband, and one that I hadn't really noticed before is Hayato/Kagero. Yes, Hayato. It's more to his benefit than hers, but it tackles some of the pressure he felt growing up as a prodigy and how it's made him a loner from the other kids. It's actually not that bad. Of course, there's the age difference, but hey, if I'm going older guy/younger girl I may as well do it the other way around, too, right?

Anyone got any other suggestions for her?

Edited by Abvora

Off the top of my head

Rinka/Kamui (i was very surprised about this one--Rinka is an introvert and doesn't usually propose, but it came up when I was reviewing her supports--but also this is just a very interesting support in general, especially for being a Kamui support)

Hinata/Hinoka (good support in general)

Suzukaze/Hinoka (The support was okay I guess? It didn't really stand out to me)

Asama/Kazahana (Azama is surprisingly not a dick here and it's a pretty funny support)

Kagerou/Ryouma (Kinda in the vein or Obokumi with the whole "im your subordinate with hots for you I'm resign" thing)

Oboro also proposes to Saizou and Tsubaki. My notes also say Hana kinda proposes to Takumi, but I'm too lazy to reread to confirm

I'm not sure about Nohr side I'm sure there are I just can't remember exactly off the top of my head

I should reread all these supports at some point

Hana confesses first, yeah, it's a spur of the moment thing. She doesn't really propose iirc, though, 'cause Takumi is the one who says they should go get rings. This is off the top of my head though

As for Kagero, she and Odin are accordingly p good.

Can confirm Odin/Kagerou solid af ship, though I'm personally a Saizou/Kagerou OTP person -- I have a hard time breaking them up, even for Saizou/Sakura which i'm also very fond of

I also liked Laz/Orochi, shame it'll wreck Soleil but if you're not into kids/don't like Soleil, hey

Edited by Thor Odinson