Apotheosis - Climactic Battle

Tangerine

An in-fight scene, how nice !

Such patience you have - to bother with the background and all (<- here a lazy person xD)... I am curious about the medium you used here : I really like the texture of this picture :D. Light blue sky ♪ ~ give us hope !

I feel a bit sorry to not be familiar with the characters and weapons there, but they look quite cool ^^ ! That lady in red is such well-equipped traveller xD. I like her confident expression - Try your worst, you're no match for me ! BUAHAHA !

To answer your question, madimb, I used watercolour paints on canvas for the background to give it a soft, slightly inconspicuous aesthetic compared to the fighters. I used acrylic paints to have the Owain, Severa and Anna the Merchant stand out from the background and draw the audience's attention. Owain is dual-guarding against Anna's spear attack with his Brave Sword while Severa prepares to cast Nosferatu.

I'm glad that you noticed Anna's confidence based on her facial expression - I spent hours trying to get that face right!

Is that Sorceress Severa?

N-not that I care or anything, gawds!

Seriously though, this is pretty neat. I like the background, and some of the details like the texture of Severa's hair and the weapons in Anna's pack. The character's poses seem a bit awkward, but the overall effect of the battle scene is pretty good. Good work! I really appreciate it when someone can do things like this with paints, it's such a neat medium.