Rate my Deck thread

Omegaweapon

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing the new Severa card I was reminded of this silly deck I built a while ago. It’s the most viable deck that I’ve built that uses (too many for the typical meta) 10 supports!! (and 0 for that matter lol) Obviously it’s not going to be as good as a Marth deck, but I like building decks with silly MCs. Anyway, the idea is pretty much “what’s the best build for a Lon’qu MC”, so if the comments/suggestions could be along those lines that would be best.

x4 Lon’qu (1) MC
x4 Lon’qu (3)
x4 Chrom (1)
x4 Cordelia (1)
x3 M Robin (2)
x3 Gregor (2)
x4 Nowi (3)
x2 Sakura (1)
x4 Shigure (1)
x4 Hisame (2)
x2 Tanith (3)
x4 Elincia (3)
x4 Elincia (4)
x4 Black Knight (6)
Visual

Explanations for each card:
Lon’qu (3): Run 4 of your intended promotion, check.
Lon’qu (1): This deck only has 2 healers so I put in more of these just to possibly draw them. Plus it’s good to have a crit for cost 3’s killing edge skill to ensure the attack goes through (usually the final hit).
Chrom (1): 1 drop easy +10 sword buff. Also gives Lon’qu the rare chance of breaking 2 orbs. He also gets to 50 compared to the other 1 drop blue sword units, which makes it harder to kill him in the backrow.
M Robin (2): All around useful card (don’t feel like I need to explain this) + blue sword unit yeah! Lon’qu is going to be taking hits because starts as base 50.
Gregor (2): Normally people wouldn’t care about killing him so you don’t get any benefit other than a rip base 40 attacker. But with this deck, whether he’s alive or dead has benefits for you. +10 or bond acceleration for you.
Nowi (3): It’s Nowi. The bond acceleration from Gregor/Hisame lets her power up earlier. Range yay.
Cordelia (1): Flying support/rescue, yadda yadda.
Sakura (1): I guess I need sooome healing. Sakura was chosen for color balance.
Shigure (1): Flying support/rescue, color balance as well.
Hisame (2): See Gregor.
Tanith (3): Flying support, sword unit, color balance. Never really sees play, would replace this with a cost 1 sword flier if it existed. Considering swapping out for Marcia.
Elincia (3): Flying support, sword unit, also helps with the range issue this deck has.
Elincia (4): Flying support, sword unit, her ability helps mitigate bad offensive supports.
Black Knight (6): The other reliable attacker in this deck, doesn’t care about supporting nothing as much because 100 power with ability. 2 orbs is game changing because Lon’qu has the killing edge option. MVP!!

Despite the higher number of bad supports, there is still what I would classify as normal meta amount of flier support. If the opponent doesn’t kill Gregor/Hisame, Lon’qu gets to 70 by default with the added potential of just dropping another sword unit on the turn for 80. If they do kill Gregor/Hisame, your bonds accelerate and yay for Nowi and Black Knight. (From playtests, your opponent is usually better off killing them)

Weaknesses:
Range – All these sword units, rip you.
Gerome – See above. No archers or dragon slaying bonus cards means he’s a bigger pain as well. Hard counter oh nooo.
Only 2 healers – MC is more vulnerable to crits, partially due to no miracle emblem, but mostly because no salvage.
Lon’qu - kinda bad.

The main change I was considering was maybe running some archers instead of flying support, but board movement can be critical as well. Considered changing Tanith to cost 1 Marcia too since I never play Tanith on the board anyway. Maybe 2 more healers?

Main question - If I were to replace something with the new Severa what would people feel is the best cut? Probably would run 1-2 of her at most.

Edited by Foodies

NOTE: This edit contains Series 4 cards. Thus, this edit is for the future. They were suggested due to the new Severa being mentioned.

WARNING: Long-ish post/reply ahead O_O!

x4 Lon’qu (1) MC
x4 Lon’qu (3)
x4 Chrom (1)
x4 Cordelia (1)
x3 M Robin (2)
x3 Gregor (2)
x4 Nowi (3)
x2 Sakura (1)
x4 Shigure (1)
x4 Hisame (2)
x2 Tanith (3)
x4 Elincia (3)
x4 Elincia (4)
x4 Black Knight (6)

Huh, I thought you would've run a Marth deck due to your increasing Marth collection :P.

Lon'qu is actually going to be quite viable in the next set since the new Severa's first skill helps him out soooo much. If I were to keep with your current deck and only change it "slightly" then I'd go:

IN (20):

4x B04-068? Lon'qu (3/2 or 4/3) = His skills are unknown, but he's a Promoted Lon'qu and you need as many as possible.

1x B04-069HN Lon'qu (1) = He can be Supported by your female units and he can easily be 60 on your turn.

2x B04-094SR Severa (4/3) = She can give Lon'qu a quick and easy +20 (+30 total for B01-070R Lon'qu) and can hit pretty hard in this deck. No need to max her yet since I'm not changing this version much.

2x B01-083R Olivia (2) = Why be passive when you can be extremely aggressive? Who cares if you have less Orbs if you can take up to 4 Orbs with just Lon'qu?

3x S01-001ST Chrom (4/3) = Class Change Lon'qu and he can blow up 2 Orbs. Oh, and he gets that +20 boost. Add in Olivia and he's swinging for base 90 and can blow up 4 Orbs by himself.

4x B01-054HN Lucina (1) = Might as well give the deck more Orb destroying power, lol.

2x B01-060N Lissa (1) = Sakura's replacement.

2x B01-069N Sumia (1) = More rescuers. Also gives Tanith another target.

OUT (20):

4x B01-071N Lon'qu (1) = His newer version is better. After all, you're still running a lot of female units.

2x B02-013N Sakura (1) = No Hoshido units in this revision. Also, Lissa does the job just as well :P.

4x B03-064N Shigure (1) = See Sakura.

4x B03-071N Hisame (2) = See Sakura

4x B03-047SR Black Knight (6/5) = He's a great unit, but he's just too slow in this deck.

2x B01-076N Cordelia (1) = Better to have 2x rescuers than just 1 since Shigure is no longer in the deck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My revision changes the entire deck around to make it extremely aggressive in exchange for losing the flier Support. Anyway, I'd say:

IN (36):

4x B04-068? Lon'qu (3/2 or 4/3) = His skills are unknown, but he's a Promoted Lon'qu and you need as many as possible.

1x B04-069HN Lon'qu (1) = He can be Supported by your female units and he can easily be 60 on your turn.

4x B04-094SR Severa (4/3) = She can give Lon'qu a quick and easy +20 (+30 total for B01-070R Lon'qu) and she can almost always reach 90 - 120 in this deck.

4x B04-095N Severa (1) = Her skills are unknown, but can chances are it doesn't involve Cordelia.

3x B01-083R Olivia (2) = She's a Sword unit who can make anyone attack twice. For 5 Bonds you can make B01-070R Lon'qu take between 2 - 4 Orbs in a turn with no chance for the opponent to evade.

3x S01-001ST Chrom (4/3) = Since you now have a total of 8 Promoted Lon'qus, that means a ton of chances to break 2 Orbs and get that +20 boost. If this Chrom is the only other Sword unit on the field then B01-070R Lon'qu becomes a 2 Orb-destroying 80 Attack beast!

3x S06-001ST Itsuki (4/3) = He's in due to his first skill. Now you don't have to worry about your opponent's back row :3.

3x B04-053HN Itsuki (1) = Chuck a Chrom and move an enemy unit. No more opposing MCs hiding in the Rear Guard while Itsuki is here, lol.

3x B04-063SR Lucina (4/3) = Chances are Lon'qu is going to be Class Changed by the time you deploy her. She gives all other Class Changed allies +10 when she's Class Changed.

- OR -

3x P04-00?PR Lucina (2) = Chances are Lon'qu is going to be Class Changed by the time you deploy her. She gives all other Class Changed allies +10 until the end of the turn when she's deployed.

4x B01-054HN Lucina (1) = More 2x Orb-breaking chances :3!

4x B01-079N Nowi (1) = Since this is now a pure Awakening deck, her addition makes for easy Bond acceleration :3.

OUT (36):

4x B01-071N Lon'qu (1) = His newer version is better.

4x B01-076N Cordelia (1) = No need for Cordelia in this build.

3x B01-077N Gregor (2) = He most likely won't be attacked which gives B01-070R Lon'qu a +10 boost, but Gregor himself lacks any purpose outside of that and a free Bond.

2x B02-013N Sakura (1) = No Hoshido units in my feedback revision.

4x B03-064N Shigure (1) = See Sakura.

4x B03-071N Hisame (2) = See Sakura

2x B03-039N Tanith (3/2) = I've took out a lot of the fliers so she won't be getting that +10 boost since only Elincia is left.

4x B03-047SR Black Knight (6/5) = He's a great unit, but he's just too slow. I'd rather deploy Cost 4 Chrom/Itsuki and Cost 2 Olivia/Lucina than deploy him in this deck :P.

4x B03-004SR Elincia (4/3) = Need room for Itsuki. Also making this a pure Awakening deck.

4x S05-002ST Elincia (3/2 - I'm assuming you mean this one) = Need room for Lucina. Also this revision is a pure Awakening deck.

1x B01-078R Nowi (3) = I need the room and she's the only one left to cut. That just brings her down from 4 copies to 3 :P.

Basically this version of the deck focuses on making Lon'qu a heavy hitter who can destroy at least 2 Orbs a turn [Chrom, Lucina, and Olivia]. There's also a lot of units who are devoted to giving Lon'qu an additional boost when the conditions are right [severa, Chrom, and Lucina]. Also the Sword units' 1 range weakness is moot in this version [itsuki]. Then, of course, you don't have to worry too much if you're falling behind [Robin (♂)].

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In regards to just your questions, Tanith is fine. Personally, I'd rather add in Mia since she gets +20 with a Sword Support and has Attack Emblem. If you only want to run a max of 2 B04-094SR Severa then you can take out 1 each B01-076N Cordelia and B03-064N Shigure. I'd probably run just 2x of each and have the rest be Sumia/Cherche/Marcia instead so you have more targets for Tanith's skills and more rescue opportunities.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welp, that's... um... those are my takes on your deck. My opinion is simply my own so you obviously don't have to listen to me, lol XD.

~ Sokloeum

Edited by Sokloeum

Oh, I do have a Marth deck but I didn't feel like posting it because it's very standard and boring. And yeah, I didn't take into account the new cards (except who I'd replace with Severa) during that post, I'm definitely going to change to the new cost 1 Lon'qu since that's is a straight upgrade with all the female units. I didn't know there would be a new cost 4 Lon'qu either, hopefully it's base 60 at least :P

It looks like your revisions include a lot of the new cards/a different interpretation of the theme lol. My Lon'qu runs and hides most of the time until the moment is right (aka after BK shows up and whacks the opponent's MC once). I'll definitely look into messing around with new builds those cards do come out. Thanks for the ideas/reply!

Since the original post I did swap some things:
2 Tanith -> 2 Cost 1 Marcia
2 Sakura -> 2 Cost 1 Mitama
4 Chrom -> 2 Cost 3 Mitama, 1 Gregor, 1 Robin (The latter 2 will probably be replaced by Severa).

Reasoning: Tanith reasoning was posted above. Cost 1 Chrom was okay, but Mitama is better because range (gerome snipe at the least) and her skill messes up some strategies.

If people are interested in watching games with the deck here are 2 my friend recorded on Lackey:

VS Chrom. I misplayed at the end/didn't consider the possibility of Henry. Didn't need to attack with Lon'qu/he could have just moved back (was fishing for flier's emblem, sort of). I had a Lon'qu in my hand and could have dodged/he couldn't have killed BK.

VS Minerva. Stuff worked.

(how do you do spoiler tags, heh)

Edited by Foodies

Suggesting cards that aren't even out yet, please Sokloeum :p

I personally like to run funny decks that tend to not work themselves, e.g Minerva
(Just wait til I get my hands on that new Minerva1 and Michalis brah)

Going off http://imgur.com/ARyF1Ct this though.

I think sticking with two colours for this particular deck would be easier. Managing three is always a hassle.

Also if you wanna try some shenanigans with Black Knight, it's probably better just as the one-off copy. You don't want to be hitting 0 support when your attacking.

You may find that the deck doesn't hit as much as it could, so maybe more cost 1 swordfighters with fighter emblem would be more useful than hero emblem, because theres the off chance you won't even hit.

The problem is that the only guy hitting most of the time is probably going to be Lon'qu.

It's tough to build this sort of thing.

Oh, I do have a Marth deck but I didn't feel like posting it because it's very standard and boring. And yeah, I didn't take into account the new cards (except who I'd replace with Severa) during that post, I'm definitely going to change to the new cost 1 Lon'qu since that's is a straight upgrade with all the female units. I didn't know there would be a new cost 4 Lon'qu either, hopefully it's base 60 at least :P

It looks like your revisions include a lot of the new cards/a different interpretation of the theme lol. My Lon'qu runs and hides most of the time until the moment is right (aka after BK shows up and whacks the opponent's MC once). I'll definitely look into messing around with new builds those cards do come out. Thanks for the ideas/reply!

Since the original post I did swap some things:

2 Tanith -> 2 Cost 1 Marcia

2 Sakura -> 2 Cost 1 Mitama

4 Chrom -> 2 Cost 3 Mitama, 1 Gregor, 1 Robin (The latter 2 will probably be replaced by Severa).

Reasoning: Tanith reasoning was posted above. Cost 1 Chrom was okay, but Mitama is better because range (gerome snipe at the least) and her skill messes up some strategies.

Hey, who knows, you might have a new twist to your version. I mean I have Gerome, Priam, and N Sakura in my Tharja deck (which will become a Kiria deck in the next set) :P.

Whoops, sorry. I should've just commented on it in regards to cards currently out, lol. Oh well, he'll be so much better in the next set. Ditto with Minerva :3. According to the list it seems there's only 1 unit between Lucina and Lon'qu, and it seems all of the non-Mirage rehashes are going to get Promoted versions (except for those who can't Promote). Judging by the past Cost 1 HN theme, Cost 4/3 Lon'qu is almost guaranteed to be a SR. The only "exception" is Azura in Series 2, but she was SR in Series 3 so that kind of counts, lol. Although, I'm glad my reply post had some worth :3.

Have you considered trying Priam out? Sure he's another 10 Support unit, but he works wonders (like in my Tharja deck). He "cancels out" Gerome and will hit 80 against most common MCs in the game. Right now, I'd have the 1 Gregor and Robin (♂) be replaced for him.

Suggesting cards that aren't even out yet, please Sokloeum :p

Meh, she mentioned the new Severa and I just went with that :P. I've added a disclaimer now, lol.

~ Sokloeum

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a deck I remade.

Things to note: I only have 1 tiki sr

I do have 4 nowis that I can tech in.

I recall people telling me to take out lissa and Marribelle but I likes lissas discard recovery.

Feel free to give me tips with cards coming out.

(Deleted pic)

Edited by Omegaweapon

Here's a deck I remade.

I recall people telling me to take out lissa and Marribelle but I likes lissas discard recovery.

I recommend taking out a few Marths (to be specific, the Marth5), 12 is too muuuch. I run 12 Ikes in my Ike Deck (I used to) and I failed with my Ike like 80% of his attacks. It wasn't fun. I also recommend running 1 more Elice. Great card. I also think Cherche3 is not that great. Navarre isn't that good either in my opinion because 10 supports are not favored but I think its meh.

Try running some Lena3 with some Wrys1. It's a really nice combo.

New Severa turns 10 supports to something and I like Navarres"unavoidable" crit ability.

So take out all marth 5? Or have 1-2 for option select?

I dont mind taking out cherche, she was pretty much "flier fodder"

Thanks for the tips! I might take cherche out for nowi and add elice.

Here's a deck I remade.

Decks coming along well man! I have a few changes I'd personally make to it.

Merric - The card's fine, I think Linde is a better card. She's cheaper than Merric (3 as opposed to 4) can be bigger than Merric (Becomes a 70 for 1 bond flip) and you can draw a card just for playing a 2 or lower for a bond flip, which is better than Merric's effect.

The problem with Merric is that, as a 60 base, he's already bigger than most fliers (Because they're squishy). What's he need that extra boost for?

Linde is a 70 base against any unit for 1 bond, which in the large scheme of things is rather cheap.

Elise - Great card, I'd personally bump it up one as Vince said.

Cherche - Meh... I think that's the best way of putting this, she's fine if you have no better alternatives, but she gives +10 to your other Fliers... Gerome doesn't really need it, Sumia can't really do anything with it, which leaves us with Caeda, she can use it... But it's not very effective for her.

Then again, Cherche 1 is fine as a support, maybe look at replacing the Cherche 3.

Marth - As Vince noted, you're running just a few too many IMO. I'd cut the Marth 5. I tend to run 8 - 10 of an MC, any more than that hurts your consistency too bad for what it offers.

Lissa - I know you really like her, but she's not a great card unless you build around her. If she's not your MC, the stars need to align for you to get Maribelle and a promoted lissa on hoard at the same time.

Lissa 3 has a massive target painted on her that basically forces you to attack her, because letting her kill things gives you really strong advantage. Without her as your MC, she'll die frequently because she's a threat.

Also, she's a 10 support which is bad, and she can be insta-gibbed by Corrin M 4 (B)

I'd dump her.

Navarre - I'm so torn on Navarre. On the one hand, turn 1 Marth and Navarre is pretty powerful. On the other hand, that's a LOT of 10 supports you're running. I'd be nervous whenever I was attacking/defending about whether I'd support into Navarre or Lissa 3.

Possible changes:

Virion 1 & Gordin 1 - +40 supports are powerful. Your 60 base are now 100. Your 50 base are 90's. Archers allow your weaker units to run over someone bigger than them. They can also snipe clerics and the like.

Frederick or Jeigan - Both cheap, both heavy hitters. You can't bond them, which sucks. But a 3 cost 70? Yes please.

Linde - As I said, I personally think she's a better alternative than Merric, being able to hit 70 for 1 bond is pretty nice, and she has an easier ability to draw off too.

Lena 3 - I still think she's a great card, and you can do sick plays for days with her + Lissa (Not that I ever would, but you seem adamant on running Lissa)

Play Lissa 1 > Lena 3 activates > Fetch Maribelle 1 from the bin > Promote Lissa > Draw > Play Maribelle 1 (Because Lena activates during deployment) > Maribelle effect, search Lissa from bin

She's got sick plays.

Also, Lena 3 > Wrys 1 plays are trololololy and fun.

As new cards come out and more combos (didn't know about wrys and lenna), I don't mind taking out lissa.

I'll try that rhys/ lemme combo.

Thanks!

Edited by Omegaweapon

New Severa turns 10 supports to something and I like Navarres"unavoidable" crit ability.

So take out all marth 5? Or have 1-2 for option select?

I dont mind taking out cherche, she was pretty much "flier fodder"

Thanks for the tips! I might take cherche out for nowi and add elice.

Yeah, the new Severa gains + 20 power when she is supported by a 10 support during your turn. It's not justified to use 10 supports on Defense though so its a bit of an issue.

Cherche1 is okay to run. Make sure you have a balance of supports in your deck -> 8 Caeda is a good start. You can back this up with 3 of each 1 cost flier -> Cherche / Cordelia and Sumia. Sumia3 is sort of unnecessary as you have a lot of fliers anyway. You don't need too many.

I recommend using 0-1 Marth5, it's usually used as a game ender. You can search it out with Caeda4 if need be or use it as an evade / crit, either way is fine. But try not to go over 10 when your using multiple MC cards. It's best to stick with 9-10.

Alright, I took out lissa & Marribelle.

Should I add 4 of the cost 1 lenna or both 4 of the cost 1 and 3?

I added wrys for the wombocombo. About to take out cherche, took out 1 cost 1 and the cost 3 and add 1 more Merric 1&3 with another Miriam

Alright, I took out lissa & Marribelle.

Should I add 4 of the cost 1 lenna or both 4 of the cost 1 and 3?

I added wrys for the wombocombo. About to take out cherche, took out 1 cost 1 and the cost 3 and add 1 more Merric 1&3 with another Miriam

You only need 4 of the Lena3 for your wombo to work.

I don't think Merric1 is really necessary for the deck but you could potentially play Gordin1, Nowi3 (if you have them) and I recommend keeping a few Cherche1s. Fliers are love.

er6vRTL.png

My initial take on the New Lucina deck. The core value of Lucina is to defend your CC units with +10 defence, so you're looking for a few things when filling out the deck.

1: Units worth class changing.

2: Units that gain the most from +10 defence

(3: Preferably units that don't NEED a CCS to be useful)

So I end up filling out 8 of every one of this type of units, and the deck works pretty well. Lucina4 draw effect gets you to your combo pieces more consistently.

If you ever get to activate Elise4 even once, you won the game. (She can grab any 2 of the same unit for a CCS)

I only play 1 Nowi for space, but also because I play enough healing to get it if I REALLY want one.

I definitely had to overthink my fight with Vince when he ran a full flier deck, but against the average deck right now it'll be fine. Especially since literally EVERYTHING I have can hit 90, which is rare.

I wanna say 90 is enough in the current gamestate, as long as you can hit it with enough different units.

And to be fair, 16 fliers has always been the standard. I'm not technically playing less than other decks. The issue is that I only play 2 different fliers, and the fliers themselves might have trouble hitting hard. (Cordelia at 60 can only hit 90 if she supports the 8 Camillas)

Hmm.. So why haven't you thrown units like Gerome or Ryoma 4 (B)?

Gerome would be a 70 base vs any non swordie (meaning 90 - 100 no matter what) and he's a 110 - 120 when fighting swordies.

Seems like he would contribute more than say, Camilla. Same with Ryoma.