Rate my Deck thread

Omegaweapon

Soren 1 is a refresh engine, not draw since you need to discard a card. Unless you got draw engine and hand refresh engine mixed up too?

Drawing a card and discarding a card still counts as a draw engine. It's not a traditional draw engine in that you plus for free, but the act of gaining additional cards from your deck and thinning it out counts as a draw engine.

I don't see it as refreshing my hand, I see it as drawing cards, the act of discarding is a cost to draw.

I think we have different mindsets.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fixed my deck a bit. Made it blue/ red.

Number X number = cost x (how many in deck)

[spoiler=Marth mc]

I don't wanna buy 3 stater decks but the 7 boxes I've bought blessed me so far.

Marth 1 x4

Marth 2 x1

Marth 3 x1 (more coming in)

Marth 5 x4

Lucina/marth 1 x3 (bond fodder/crit/evade)

Lissa 1 x2

Lissa 3 x4

Marribelle x 3

Maria 1 x1

Maria 3 x1

Caeda 1 x2 (my girl is using the other 4)

Caeda 2 x4 (can't get 4 of the lvl 1. Adds flier support to deck)

Caeda 4 x4

Sumia 1 x4

Sumia 3 x4 (increases flier support, and is flier)

Gerome 2x3

Gerome 2x2 (sword breaker, can be +10 and 1-2 range, is flier)

Gordin 1 x2 (archer support )

Gordin 3x1 ( if I play a cost 2 or less; move enemy flier)

Virrion 1x1 (archer sup)

Virrion 3x1 (anti flier, if him and Gordon out; he's 70 on class change(100 to fliers who are not minverva)

Ogma 1x4 (gives attacking buff)

Ogma 2x1

Ogma 4x1 (slaps 2 orbs with flier support, can be 80)

Navarre 1x4 (attack emblem)

Navarre 2x2

Navarre 4x1 (non avoid + crit winning hit)( lack of him is due to ironic good luck...)

Let me know what you think. It has consistency. I once was able to use Marths ability back to back. If lissa is out with Marribelle; im not getting touched with added hand buffs.

Caeda helps alot too restore hand and seek out cards that are short in my deck (Navarre/ ogma).

I fixed my deck a bit. Made it blue/ red.

Number X number = cost x (how many in deck)

[spoiler=Marth mc]

I don't wanna buy 3 stater decks but the 7 boxes I've bought blessed me so far.

Marth 1 x4

Marth 2 x1

Marth 3 x1 (more coming in)

Marth 5 x4

Lucina/marth 1 x3 (bond fodder/crit/evade)

Lissa 1 x2

Lissa 3 x4

Marribelle x 3

Maria 1 x1

Maria 3 x1

Caeda 1 x2 (my girl is using the other 4)

Caeda 2 x4 (can't get 4 of the lvl 1. Adds flier support to deck)

Caeda 4 x4

Sumia 1 x4

Sumia 3 x4 (increases flier support, and is flier)

Gerome 2x3

Gerome 2x2 (sword breaker, can be +10 and 1-2 range, is flier)

Gordin 1 x2 (archer support )

Gordin 3x1 ( if I play a cost 2 or less; move enemy flier)

Virrion 1x1 (archer sup)

Virrion 3x1 (anti flier, if him and Gordon out; he's 70 on class change(100 to fliers who are not minverva)

Ogma 1x4 (gives attacking buff)

Ogma 2x1

Ogma 4x1 (slaps 2 orbs with flier support, can be 80)

Navarre 1x4 (attack emblem)

Navarre 2x2

Navarre 4x1 (non avoid + crit winning hit)( lack of him is due to ironic good luck...)

Let me know what you think. It has consistency. I once was able to use Marths ability back to back. If lissa is out with Marribelle; im not getting touched with added hand buffs.

Caeda helps alot too restore hand and seek out cards that are short in my deck (Navarre/ ogma).

You only need 1 Started Deck if you just want Marth4s. It comes with 4 copies.

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Starter_Deck_1:_War_of_Darkness

I recommend using less copies of your MC (Marth in this case).

A solid number is around 8-10. Going more than that is almost asking to fail your attack when your support check comes in. I'm playing an Ike deck with 12 copies of Ike and it's not going well trust me :l

The standard Marth lineup goes like this:

Marth1 (or Lucina1) - 1 copies

Marth3 - 2-4? copies

Marth4 - 4 copies

Marth5 - 0-2 copies

It's probably been stated before, but Marth2 isn't very good as a card itself and people choose not to run it in most Marth decks.

The idea of Marth4 is there to be annoying to your opponent, the ability to move an enemy up (e.g, Clerics, Archers or Mages) just by deploying a cost 2 unit or below is amazing (doesn't even cost a bond). Marth5 is basically a game ender and is usually used as such, you don't want to run too many copies of Marth5 as it can clog your hand especially if drawn early.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZe5zRmUcAE0PY7.jpg:large

This is almost similar to the Marth build I use, but I'm going to use it as reference to help.

I would recommend against running Lissa at all, because having that 10 support is never going to help out. The risk isn't worth the reward you could say. If you do run Lissa though, it's probably better off to run 4 Lissa1s and 4 Lissa3s, as Lissa3's effect is a class change ability that only works when class changed. 10 Support is never loved though so it's probably a good idea to take Lissa out entirely. You don't need Maribelle either if your not running Lissa so it's up to you whether you feel Lissa is good or not.

I recommend maxing copies of Maria3 if you feel you need more healing. Maria1 is okay but I think Maria3 is amazing (right now).

Caeda2 isn't the best card to use but if you don't have enough copies of Caeda1 then I guess it's fine. Caeda is always a good card for Red decks, as explained before.

Sumia1 is okay, but I personally don't really like Sumia3, kind of a meh card because you have to Class Change for that skill.

Gerome4's CCS effect usually isn't worth it in the long run, especially because you have to use 2 of your bonds for Gerome2, and then another 3 for promoting later on. It's good because Swordbreaker is a thing and majority of the lords you see are sword wielders, which is almost always a free hit against them. I recommend running 2-4 Gerome4, and no Gerome2.

I think it's also okay to put a few copies of Cherche1 and Cordelia1, because having 30 support, the flier emblem attack support and tap to rescue is always nice to have.

If you run Gordin you should have 4 copies of the 1 cost Gordin. I think Gordin3's use dropped after a certain point, I'm not sure why but it's not used as much anymore.

Virion3 overall isn't very good because you usually don't run enough archers to utilise his effect, which isn't worth his cost to begin with. Virion1 is okay to use at maximum copies but usually I don't need it if I already have enough Gordin1.

Ogma and Navarre isn't very optimal because of their 10 Support. The base support value most decks have nowadays is 20 or 30, and you usually can't beat them if you mill 10 support as a result.

Ogma1 is good as an early-game rush down character, but he is better off suited for those rush-down decks (Marth isn't a rush down deck exactly).

Ogma2 doesn't work unless you build your deck around utilising his effect, so it's probably a good idea not to run copies of Ogma2 at all.

The way Ogma4 works is that when he attacks and his attack is 100 after he attacks (which doesn't trigger support yet) he gets to break 2 orbs. The reasoning is that the card states when he initiates at 100 attack. Which he can only get attack boosts off his own effect or from something else. Ogma4 overall isn't a very good card unfortunately (hopefully we get a good Ogma).

Navarre 1 and 4 are fine, but only if you don't mind having a high amount of 10 Support cards in your deck. Navarre 2 is similar to Ogma2, as I discussed earlier. It's not very good unless you build the deck around it.

Now for suggestions:

Merric4 and possibly 1. Decent ranged attacking option. Flip 1 Bond and if Merric hits successfully, you draw a card. Good to have. If you feel you need more range and want some draw and discard support option, you can also run Merric1.

Nowi3 is always a good card to have. Provides advantage and is also another range option to attack with.

Tiki5 is a very good late game option. Having 80 attack when you have 8 bonds, and accelerates bond play as well. Good attacker.

Elice2 is also a good option to use. Grants Marth (and Merric if you use Merric) 10 attack and has that one off aum staff.

I'd recommend buying one copy of the first structure deck off Amiami as its not too expensive, but it's up to you. The deck can be improved a lot better if you did, but just my fair share of ideas for your deck.

You only need 1 Started Deck if you just want Marth4s. It comes with 4 copies.

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Starter_Deck_1:_War_of_Darkness

& advice (not trying to spam great walls of text)

Yeah the marth 2s are there cuz I only have 1 Marth 3.

I keep having a yugioh mindset when it comes to decks, I did buy the Ike starter and it had 4 ikes lvl4s. I just forgot lol

And Ive been using ogma wrong then, ok. That makes more room for Navarre and other cards.

And youre right on Gerome 4.

I'll tech in Elice and my girl uses the 1 tiki we ever pulled. I have 3 nowis but after you play nowi, don't u have to keep supplying the bond so that you don't minus a bond? Cuz her "end of turn" effect is mandatory. I figured If I run Nowi I'd need tiki for the combo to not hurt me.

Alright. I think I have the right idea now thanks alot

Edit. I don't really mind the 10 off of navarre. I won't be running alot. I plan on using just 1 and 4 since caeda and healers help bring them back.

And I love slapping the enemy and getting a card for free with lissa. I'm just playing for fun, if America had more of a competitive scene for this game I would have more feedback for test plays (plus from playing yugioh competitively left feild is sometimes good)Currently I just play against my girl so we're hoping it becomes a thing here and we sweep tournaments with knowledge ahead of time.

Edited by Omegaweapon

Which cards does (H) Corrin(f) 4 synergize with the best?

I assume you mean the Hoshido Corrin (female) 4.

You want to choose Black Cost3s for the effect so she untaps herself as a result so: I'll list the good options here:

- Gunther3: Probably one of the best if not the best option. 70 Attack on a cost3 is always good.

- Hinoka3 (Nohr): 1-2 range option, can go up to 60 attack with a Hoshido support and allows you to grab a card back for 30 attack (or less) you control, which can lead up to a critical attack for that unit.

- Luna3: Another ranged option: 50 attack and 2 range. I believe this is played along with Camilla4 at the same turn so you basically have a 120 attacker, 70 attacker and Luna (who goes to 80 attack since Camilla is there).

- Kanna3 (Male) (Nohr): An 80 attacker when you have 6 bonds.

- Shade3 (Nohr): 50 1-2 range option, who can go to 60 from a non-black support (the deck is always white/black).

- Nowi3: Now not a Black card, but Nowi is basically... Nowi. Grabs your bonded cards back, and can go to 80 with 1-2 range.

Yeah the marth 2s are there cuz I only have 1 Marth 3.

I keep having a yugioh mindset when it comes to decks, I did buy the Ike starter and it had 4 ikes lvl4s. I just forgot lol

And Ive been using ogma wrong then, ok. That makes more room for Navarre and other cards.

And youre right on Gerome 4.

I'll tech in Elice and my girl uses the 1 tiki we ever pulled. I have 3 nowis but after you play nowi, don't u have to keep supplying the bond so that you don't minus a bond? Cuz her "end of turn" effect is mandatory. I figured If I run Nowi I'd need tiki for the combo to not hurt me.

Alright. I think I have the right idea now thanks alot

Nowi3 is great to use if you manage her right, depends when you wanna play her out.

If you play her down at 7 bonds she'll always be 80 as long as you place bonds every turn after you play her.

I assume you mean the Hoshido Corrin (female) 4.

You want to choose Black Cost3s for the effect so she untaps herself as a result so: I'll list the good options here:

- Gunther3: Probably one of the best if not the best option. 70 Attack on a cost3 is always good.

- Hinoka3 (Nohr): 1-2 range option, can go up to 60 attack with a Hoshido support and allows you to grab a card back for 30 attack (or less) you control, which can lead up to a critical attack for that unit.

- Luna3: Another ranged option: 50 attack and 2 range. I believe this is played along with Camilla4 at the same turn so you basically have a 120 attacker, 70 attacker and Luna (who goes to 80 attack since Camilla is there).

- Kanna3 (Male) (Nohr): An 80 attacker when you have 6 bonds.

- Shade3 (Nohr): 50 1-2 range option, who can go to 60 from a non-black support (the deck is always white/black).

- Nowi3: Now not a Black card, but Nowi is basically... Nowi. Grabs your bonded cards back, and can go to 80 with 1-2 range.

Thanks, that exactly what I meant. I thought Luna/Selena had 10 support and her ability was a CCS, and neither are true so I can see her being a great grab with Camilla. Gunter was the only one that was really jumping out at me.

Takumi3's there to snipe backrow with backrow, though +10 attack and maybe a CCS really isn't worth the trouble. Corrin1 is there for early game support/doge/CCSing. And eh... Hinoka and Setsuna are combo cards, and Suzukaze/Midoriko have proven that I can't pull off comboes. Asama is there for better/more heals.

Is it not worth the trouble. Saizou and kagerou are 40 atk's and have range. Their support ability also synergizes better with ryouma. Corrin does not need the ccs and you might aswell use saizou/kagerou.
Hinoka and setuna are fine for their support values but emma/shigure are also good. Suzukaze/Midoriko is not worth the trouble.
Asama is okay i guess but pulling off sakura once per duel is pretty much all you need.
Edited by DonDon

Silas MC deck

x4 Silas 3/4 ; x4 Silas 1

x4 Black Kamui (F) 1 ; x4 White Kamui (F) ; x1 Black Kamui (F) 4/3 ; x3 White Kamui (F) 4/3

x4 White Kamui (M) 1 ; x4 Black Kamui (M) 1 ; x1 White Kamui (M) 4/3 ; x2 Black Kamui (M) 4/3 ; x1 White Kamui (M) 5/4

x2 Gunter

x2 Kanna (M) 3/2

x1 Eponie 3/2 ; x4 Eponie 1

x1 Mitama 3/2

x3 Syalla 1

x3 Tsukuyomi 1 ; x1 Tsukuyomi 3/2

X1 Nowi 3

Basically, this deck is just Pick a God and pray for Hero Emblem support whenever a black unit attack. The amount of Kamuis in this deck is just so Silas can get 100 from Kamuis support half the time. The promoted Kamui are there to do their Kamui stuff. White Kamui F to deploy 3 cost and below units. Black Kamui M to tap and destroy a unit. Rest of the promoted Kamuis are just there to fill up space. Promoted Eponie and Mitama are in for the fun of it. Cost one Eponie for maximum shipping. Tsukuyomi and Syalla for hand refresh if I didn't get to draw my promoted MC. And Nowi is just to take back bonds after turn 7.

This is a pretty cool idea for a deck TBH. I don't have a lot in the way of suggestions for cards (I've got no experience) but just by looking at the deck I can see a few potential problems.

You're running Silas with about a 50% chance of drawing, or supporting into Kamui every turn which is seriously monstrous. The only issue I can see the deck running into, is what happens if I attack you and you DON'T support Kamui. You're running 7 other copies of your MC which offer you no support and then the rest of your deck is nothing but 20's. If you DON'T draw into Kamui, you're drawing a 20 which is a potential and probable loss.

The thing that's odd to me, is that you're running a pretty heavy draw engine in a deck where you want Silas to be supported by Kamui. You're running 10 cards that allow you to draw into cards you probably don't want to draw into.

Kamui probably shouldn't be attacking unless the point of your draw engine is to draw a bazillion copies of Kamui for crits/evades when you inevitably support yourself, otherwise it seems strange to me that you'd WANT to pull copies of the card that saves Silas from losing every other round he battles in.

Also, your ENTIRE deck is nothing but 20's. Silas is supporting at a base 80 without Kamui.

Personally, I'd try and splash in maybe a few fliers. Remember that a base 70 only needs to pull a 10 to make you pull an orb, those odds aren't great.

Maybe consider Sakura 4, Emma 1, Camilla 1/4, Beruka 1/3... Maybe you just go nuts with Kamui and run 4 of EVERY Kamui. It's hard to say.

Really awesome idea for a deck though.

deck name: Why Won't ST Kamuko Just Work

wFOL3zy.jpg

There's 4 Promoted Beroas, the flannels are, uh, proxies

The Kisaragi stack includes 4 takumis and 4 setsunas

Let me see if I got this right.

You're running...

4x Velour 3

3x Velour 1

4x Corrin 4

3x Corrin 1

2x Orochi 2

4x Kisaragi 1

4x Setsuna 1

4x Takumi 1

4x Foleo 3

4x Foleo 1

2x Saizou 3

4x Corrin M 4

4x Tsukuyomi 1

4x Ryoma 4

So the idea behind the deck is to swing over something with Corrin and then manipulate your opponents board?

So... My assumption here is that Corrin is your MC so the advice I'm about to give is with this in mind.

Black Corrin F 4 - You're running a grand total of 20 units with 2 or 1-2 range if you want to use Corrin 4's effect to move your opponents board around, you need to give your deck a reason to run her. Right now, you could safely play half your deck in the frontline and probably kill whatever threat is in the backline (Majority of the time Mages, Clerics and Archers tend to be played in the backline, who are all weak enough your archers can run over them no problem. That's just me though, and maybe the people I'm vsing at the moment.) You're not running any cards that allow her to take advantage of her second effect. My suggestion here is to swap her our for White Corrin F 4.

Velour seems to be your main hitter outside of Corrin, and White Corrin 4 will allow you to bring her back if she dies so she can continue being a nuisance for your opponent (AND she gets to untap and then attack. Pretty sweet.) she can also target Saizou who can safely attack pretty much wherever, or any of your archers you're running to kill pesky backline units. I'd also run Black Corrin F 5 at 2, she's a scary unit though some people don't like running 10 copies of MC.

Orochi 2 - 2 bonds for a free draw is kinda expensive IMO. Extra draw power is always nice but I dunno... 2 bonds for drawing a card? I feel like we could be using it for something better... I'd cut her IMO. If you're looking for something similar to her, maybe consider running White Xander 4? If he wins with a white support you get to draw & discard, if he's supported by a black he gains +10 which is neat.

Foleo 3 - I'd drop him. He's in the deck because once promoted he can move your opponents backline which is neat, but you're also losing your cleric by doing this. IMO, clerics are far more beneficial to you than moving an opponents backline forward, especially with so many units dedicated to ripping their backline to shreds. Maybe consider running something like Camilla for Black units, and she's also a 30 support.

Ryoma 4 - He's kinda cool actually. A good amount of your deck is white so there's a good chance he'll be a 70 base and he's a 30 support. I don't really have any other choices in mind right now, but I don't think he's a bad tech at all.

mainly for beroa and kamuko to terrorize the enemy's rearguard together

It's not working as well as I thought it would be, so opinions would be greatly appreciated d :Nino:

Lucina lead deck

4x Lucina 1

4x Lucina 4

Standard.

4x Chrom 1

I'm a bit on the fence about this. On the one hand, he lets Lucina take 2 orbs. On the other hand, she'll only be a 90, and I can see your deck having SERIOUS issues running over big units with Flier support. I'd say leave him in, unless you want to cut him for one of the other options we'll cover. We can cut other units before we have to look at cutting him.

3x Robin F 1

I'm assuming she's in the deck for her attacking emblem? Either way, you've got Cordelia who can enable your fliers to have 1-2 range so you can attack the backline with relative safety anyways. Besides, she's only a 20 support and outside of her attacking emblem she's pretty weak. I'd cut her.

2x Lissa 1

She's a cleric, you want to use Lucy's effect as often as possible and fetch promotes/crits/evades. Max her.

2x Fredrick 3

We've got a couple of free spaces freed up from Robin F 1 and Frederick is pretty awesome, he's a nice 70 with a decent 20 support and the only downside being we can't bond him. Sucks if we draw multiple copies in hand, but otherwise he's manageable. I'd max him.

2x Virion 1

He has Clearing the Skies for pesky fliers, can hit squishy clerics/mages in the backline and he's a 40 support on attacks. Max him.

2x Sumia 1

Sumia 1 is awesome. Rescue, Flying Emblem and 30 support. Your deck needs more of her. Max.

1x Gaius 3

Sure, why not. Lethality is a risk with good pay-off. He's pretty small attack wise and he's only a 10 support. But if you're okay with that, then he's a nice splash-in.

3x Cordelia 3

MAX HER. Galeforce is amazing ability and Handmade Javelins is just the icing on the cake. If you don't have 1 more of her, leave her as is and maybe splash Sumia 3 for the time being.

3x Cordelia 1

Rescue, Flying Emblem and 30 support. Max.

3x Nowi 1

Your deck needs more 30 support, and the only SUPER hungry bond units in your deck are Tharja, Robin 2 and Lissa 1. Considering we'll probably cut Tharja (IMO), I'd cut Nowi too. Though you could cut Chrom for her TBH.

3x Nowi 3

Great card. I feel like she can clog hands up a bit but 2 - 3 copies is fine.

4x Tharja 4

Oh boy... Talk about a girl with expensive tastes. We're not really running enough Dark Mages to clear our opponents hand, so she's rarely going to be an 80... And she takes 3 bonds and a crit/evade to make your opponent discard 3 cards. Which is good (Albeit expensive), but we're running such few 30's here at the moment that as a base 60 going to an 80, she's not really running over anything that isn't a squishy cleric mid-late game. She's only a 20 support too, I'd cut her. Tharja needs a deck built around her IMO. Although... A nice replacement for Tharja is to run Henry. Still forces your opponent to discard (And you too, usually) and he can suicide to make your opponent discard 2. I dunno, choice is yours.

4x Tharja 1

I like making my opponent discard cards... But we have better choices here. Although, she does add some flavor to the deck. Personally, I'd cut her.

2x Cherche 1

Max. Rescue, Flying Emblem, 30 support.

3x Gerome 4

Max. Great boss card, a base 80 where it matters (Facing pretty much any MC at the moment) and a 30 support. He's really great.

1x Robin M 2

The more I use this guy the more I like him. Adding an orb for 2 bonds is pretty good, and he's a 20 support. I'd throw in another copy or two.

You could make the deck a mixed if you wanted to which would give you access to cards like Caeda, Marth, Maria/Lena/Elise, Gordin from Red, or you could run a super aggressive Blue/White and run Kisaragi, Setsuna and Takumi for 40 attack supports.

Either way, just a few suggestions to keep in mind.

General strategy:

Lucina 4 top deck or heal with Lissa 1, use the draw 3 scry ability to manipulate support triggers and attack supps (Nowi 1, Virion 1, Chrom 1, Robin F 1), sortie Gaius if needed for the top check.

Scry ability is very helpful for early game advantage, hoping for a big enough lead in the beginning to pull off the win.

Deck does not fair well against tank decks like Inigo, Gerome is the only saving grace. Gets destroyed if you cannot set up faster. While scry is good, I lose Lucina’s fast. Tharja is too bond heavy, but she’s won me games, so I’m unsure if losing the extra 10 damage is worth dropping her for Henry. High 20 support line loses against decks with many flying units. 2 70 attackers (Lucina and Fred) don’t seem to cut it, but I can’t do much about decks that hide their MC in the rear guard. Originally had Robin F 4, but Robin F 1 never survived long enough for me to be able to use the orb ability, so I switched to the PR Robin M 2.

10 Support: 2%

20 Support: 72%

30 Support: 22%

I really like Lucina as a character and want to keep using her. But my recent losses are making me consider switching back to Chrom, or maining Marth instead, or a hybrid Marth/Lucina deck. Also my luck is awful and I support trigger Lucina all day every day, even with only 8 copies floating around. I only have set 1 cards, but am willing to consider other colors that could possibly have good synergy with blue. I’m hoping for more support for this deck with set 4 when it releases. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

The main problem with the silas deck is that you compromise the rest of the deck only to have your MC silas hit 100.
You can directly compare this to Inigo, Soleil and ranulf.
Inigo and soleil forces you to play an extreme amount of fliers to have a strong MC but weak board.

Ranulf Forces you to play fangs to achieve that 110 but you also sacrifice your board.

These 3 decks arguably do a better job than silas.

If you are dead set on playing silas though, that decklist seems pretty fun to use not sure how i would change it without testing myself.

Edited by DonDon

Since it's a deck based on stacking, when you compare Lucina to Azura, Lucina sorta falls off in that regard. Anyway:

Since the deck is pure Blue, and it's Lucina, you want to maximise the potential of Lucina.

All in all:

- You probably have enough Lucinas. If you feel you don't have enough you can possibly tech in 1-2 Lucina 2.

- I'm not sure if you want to use Chrom or not. Taking 2 orbs at once is good and all but I guess if your aggro you go aggro with this deck.

- I've never found RobinF too good overall. I don't think she's very good when I it's probably better to go more aggressive with Lucina.

- I recommend using maximum copies of Lissa1. Works when you have your promotion in the retreat when you don't have it and also grabs another copy of Lucina to dump with Lucina's effect.

- You wanna stack Virion1 as much as you can, so it's best to max Virion at 4 copies so you can stack him with Lucina more often.

- Gaius is okay as 1 copy but the 10 support might not be worth his effect. It's up to you for this one. It's usually left to personal preference.

- I'd recommend maxing Cordelia 3/1 at maximum copies if you have them.

- I think Nowi3 is okay to use at 3 copies. 4 Copies is okay too. Nowi1 depends on whether you use much bonds in the deck. If you really need to accelerate / use a lot of bonds, then I guess it's okay.

- RobinM, I recommend as a 2 of if anything. Good card.

Other Suggestions:

Try using Henry 3/1 in your Deck. Stacking for the dark mage emblem is strong and almost always good to have when you want to win in hand advantage.

You can splash White (has a lot of archers) or Black (has dark mage emblems) into this kind of deck and almost get away with it.

Thanks for the response! It's not that I am not having enough Lucina, it's more of the fact that I trigger her when I attack or Lucina is defending, so I eat damage easily. Most likely just bad luck lol

I ended up adding many attack supps in due to the stacking ability, hence why Robin F and Chrom showed up. They were useful in their own regard but it ended up being more situational than anything else really. Plus, most people ended up evading the two orb hit, which was good for the minus to hand but many games I end up losing the endgame if I don't get a good enough lead early game with turn 3 Lucina and Nowi 1 bond fodder to deploy and play aggressively. Cordelia is great also, but she also is extremely squishy, and evades kind of screw my Galeforce plans. I couldn't find many great additional 70 attackers that had good synergy with blue other than just running Chrom or Fred. I didn't want to run into the Inigo problem with a tanky mc and squishy everything else, which I think ended up happening anyway. Is the meta still running a billion flying units? I was helping a friend build a Lissa deck and tried Henry over Tharja and I think I like him also, but I noticed that dark mages would only work well if I had an early game lead.

Thank you for the response! Very insightful! I was considering cutting RobinF as well, but I splashed her in due to the supp like you said, for I have difficulty fighting decks that run to the back, and my only range 2 high attacker being Nowi 3, getting bodied by falchions.

Looking over your comments, your advice suggests to cut most of my techs for board control and run with straight flying support, correct? I'm gonna play a bit of Devil's Advocate to get a better understanding. It seems that by maximizing the flying units, you lose out on high base 70s, currently being Lucina, Fred, late game Nowi, and Gerome. I originally ran 3 Fred but cut to two due to hand clutter. Why would maxing be a good idea? He is likely to die in a turn unless you get him out early, plus the inability to bond him adds to more clutter. I guess they could be used for evades but they usually could lead to more dead draws and a double minus if your opponent can still kill him after an evade. The idea was to have many attacking units to mill the opponents deck as well hoping for same character supports and manipulation of my own top deck on my turn. Gerome is great, but also seems like a good beater but dies to falchions next turn as well.

Is the general meta to trade 40+30 early game and just aggressively hit for 100/110 by turn 3? Is it enough to just drop 2 resuce units in the back to attack with mc and then rescue to the back each turn?

Edited by Quawaii Desu Ne

Lords that require a discard of themselves are often weak because of what you mentioned. You want enough of them to dodge AND trigger the effect (Which is by itself already the reason those cards barely see play) but the more you play, the harder it is to not lose to a bunch of weak units taking off orbs.

Weaker but slightly faster, too! It's Ike, everybody's husbando! A Medallion/Exalt deck.

[spoiler=He doesn't really work.][Copies] Cost(Promo) Character, Title

[4] 5(4) Ike, General of the Divine Blade

[4] 1(-) Ike, Rookie of the Mercenaries*

[3] 4(3) Ike, Brave Crimean General

[3] 4(3) Elinicia, Wings Praying for Restoration

[4] 1(-) Elinicia, Lone Heiress

[2] 3(2) Elinicia, Princess of the Lost Kingdom

[2] 4(3) Mist, Purehearted Valkyrie (am considering 3(2) Mist, Battlefield Marigold instead)

[3] 1(-) Mist, Doting Sister

[3] 1(-) Soren, Mysterious Strategist

[2] 3(2) Soren, Cunning Strategist (S05-005ST)

[2] 3(2) Soren, Secluded Tactician (P03-014PR)

[3] 1(-) Marcia, Bright Pegasus Knight

[3] 1(-) Cordelia, Young Prodigy

[3] 1(-) Cherche, Wyvern-Loving Knight

[3] 4(3) Gerome, Jet-Black Ace

[3] 1(-) Miriel, Intellectual Inquirer

[2] 3(-) Nowi, Wellspring of Youth

An ideal curve is LvUp MC, Ike w/ Ike1, Elinicia+Miriel, use "Blessing of the Princess" to level up Ike again, then CC ike. However, no ideals are ideal, so instead, it's down to pushing Level Up or control. Black Knight, Demon in Blessed Armor has been placed in, but he was proven to be too slow or just causing too many support fails. All in all, Ike mirrors are fun.

Thank you for the response! Very insightful! I was considering cutting RobinF as well, but I splashed her in due to the supp like you said, for I have difficulty fighting decks that run to the back, and my only range 2 high attacker being Nowi 3, getting bodied by falchions.

Looking over your comments, your advice suggests to cut most of my techs for board control and run with straight flying support, correct?

The problem with Blue is that they struggle to maintain the same level of board control that Red does. Outside of say Chrom 3 and Robin 4, you need to rely on sub-par cards like Robin 1 to move your opponents board. The issue with this is that Robin 1 offers you absolutely nothing outside of an attack emblem, of which you can only utilise 4 times per deck shuffle (Assuming she's not in your orbs, and you don't draw into her).

The issue of your opponent running their units in the backline can be solved by making your 70's consistently hit 100/110 (Which is the highest most MC's can reach without an extra +10 from an effect) if you kill your opponents front-line, their backline is forced forward, if they're trying to hide their MC in the backline, run over their front-line with consistent, powerful units.

Another option you have is running 2 or 1-2 units that can run over problem backline units (enemy Cleric, dancer, mage, rank 1 MC) these 2 range units are usually weaker than your front-liner, but backline units are usually weak themselves, so we can risk the trade-off.

If you really hate backline that much, perhaps splashing red in your deck is a good idea. Marth 4 can move 1 of your opponents backline forward every turn if you play a 2 or lower.

I'm gonna play a bit of Devil's Advocate to get a better understanding. It seems that by maximizing the flying units, you lose out on high base 70s currently being Lucina, Fred, late game Nowi, and Gerome.

You were actually running less 70's before. Majority of your units were only a 20 support too, which is never a good idea (Unless you're running Ranulf, who wants to run 20 Fang units all day.) The only other decently big unit aside from Lucy, Fred, Gerome and Nowi was Tharja 4 who could be an 80 when your opponent has no cards in hand. You weren't running the set-up needed to get your opponent down to 0 hand, which means she's effectively just a 60.

Unfortunately, Blue doesn't have too much else in the way of big 70 units to run unless you wanted to swap Chrom 1 for Chrom 4.

Let's say you ran a deck full of 70's with 20 support, and I run a deck with a 70 MC and the other 42 cards are 30 support. You can have big units all you want, but the supports push you over the line. In this circumstance, you'll literally never make me take an orb unless I support myself because you'll always be 90 and I'll always be 100. You're always 10 off winning.

What you want, is 3 - 5 heavy hitters in your deck. Any more than that and you hurt consistency, and you hurt your chance of winning.

I originally ran 3 Fred but cut to two due to hand clutter. Why would maxing be a good idea? He is likely to die in a turn unless you get him out early, plus the inability to bond him adds to more clutter.

It's a valid question. He's a cheap 70 is the big reason here, and that's exactly why it doesn't matter if he dies. Because he's cheap enough we can easily play him next turn without choking our resources out too badly.

Remember, your units are expendable. If your opponent has to swing into Frederick to kill him over swinging into Lucina we've achieved a few things.

First off, this means we have board presence and board pressure. Your opponent feels pressured into attacking Frederick because he's a threat.

Second off, them killing Frederick is them not Attacking Lucina, which is you not taking an orb. He relieves Your MC.

As for number? 3 - 4 IMO unless you have better options. He can clog your hand because you can't bond him, but having 3 - 4 copies increases your draw chance and you have a better chance of playing him multiple times, or crits and evades.

I guess they could be used for evades but they usually could lead to more dead draws and a double minus if your opponent can still kill him after an evade.

Good points. Valid points, but if you opponent is going to evade your crit then it was irrelevant what you were gonna do anyways. Remember, he's cheap for how big he is.

The idea was to have many attacking units to mill the opponents deck as well hoping for same character supports and manipulation of my own top deck on my turn.

You're milling your opponent every time you attack, but milling doesn't have much of an effect considering you just reshuffle your retreat and use it again if you deck out. If the idea behind killing your opponent was to attack them with weak units to bait out high supports or make them support into themselves, you could just run bigger units and successfully run over them.

Lucina's effect is more used to stack YOUR battle phase during your turn, having big units and reliable supports along with Lucina allows you to have a strong advantage and a good chance of winning battles. Stacking supports for your opponents turn is bad, because you have no control of what happens during their turn.

Gerome is great, but also seems like a good beater but dies to falchions next turn as well.

If you're vsing Red/Blue, he will usually die the following turn because of Falchions, Nowi 3. But remember, they're expendable and you can always fetch Gerome back with Lissa. Gerome 4 is usually a top threat because of his power advantage over MC's. Again, if they're attacking him then they're not Attacking Lucina. He's also a 30 support which adds consistency to our supports too.

If Gerome forces an evade or takes an orb before he dies, he's done a good job. Against a deck that ISN'T red/Blue (Let's say, Ryoma, Corrin, Ike) they don't have an advantage against him and he is even BETTER because now they struggle to climb him during their turn, and he forces your opponent to kill him immediately, lest they lose orbs.

Is the general meta to trade 40+30 early game and just aggressively hit for 100/110 by turn 3?

Not necessarily by turn 3 but basically yes.

To put it simply, you want to achieve one objective - taking your opponents orbs faster than they can take yours, you can do this in a number of ways.

1. Make your unit bigger than anything your opponent can run over, then smack them to make them take orbs (Inigo, Soleil, Ranulf)

2. Either consistently support into 30's to always reach 70 as a rank 1, 90 as a rank 3 or 100 as a 4 or 5

Or

Run a mix of 20 + 20 attack supports and mix it with flier supports so that you're 110 during your turn, and 100 during your opponents. The dream in this case is to hit every Archer support on your attacks, and every flier support on your defends.

Remember that the goal of the game is to force your opponents MC to lose 6 times (Or less depending on if they use orbs as resources, more if they run units that place more orbs) and the only way to do this is to make your units bigger than their MC. There's no deck-out (Unless your opponent has no cards in their retreat, when they deck out. But even then I'm not sure if you lose) so all you can do is run over them. Different decks set out to do this differently, but that's the goal. This is why 40 attack supports and 30 flier supports are so important, they're the highest supports you can get, and is the best way to make your opponent take orbs.

You wanna hit a sweet spot of big 70's that can take advantage of 30/40 supports, and having 30/40 supports to make your 70's big enough.

Too many 70's, and you lack the support consistency to run over an opponent (To my knowledge, I can't think of any 70 permanent base who are also a 30 support, they're always 20 or 10)

Too many 30's and you have nothing but 1 front-liner to take orbs, giving you more chances of losing the longer the game goes (Inigo and Soleil harem are basically them and 38 - 42 30's. If your opponent can consistently hit 100 and you can't run over them, you lose.)

Is it enough to just drop 2 resuce units in the back to attack with mc and then rescue to the back each turn?

If you have no units in your front-line during your turn, your backline force marches at the beginning of your opponents turn. So you'd need to have 2 fliers with rescue and multiple meat-shields on the front-line that can't get run over.

See the issue here? This is an incredible amount if resources to expend just to protect your MC. And what happens if you DON'T have all those cards? Do you just sit there on the front line and take hits?

Like I said earlier, if I can hit 100 base 90% of the time and you hit 90 base 90% of the time, your chances of ever making me take an orb are next to 0. Instead of running meat shields and fliers to rescue, we could just run a few big beaters and fliers to support them and keep them alive.

Remember, if you can take opponents orbs faster than they can take yours, you win every time.

Weaker but slightly faster, too! It's Ike, everybody's husbando! A Medallion/Exalt deck.

[2] 4(3) Mist, Purehearted Valkyrie (am considering 3(2) Mist, Battlefield Marigold instead)

Pretty solid I guess. I've never found the ST Soren to work very well though.

I recommend using 3(2) Ike at 4 copies, 1(-) Ike at only 1, 4(3) at 4 and 5(4) at 3. It's a lot easier to go from 1->3->4->5 to get your LvlS5 then 1->4->5. 3(2) Ike is also pretty solid as he gets that 1-2 range option early on, which isn't too bad.

An ideal curve is LvUp MC, Ike w/ Ike1, Elinicia+Miriel, use "Blessing of the Princess" to level up Ike again, then CC ike. However, no ideals are ideal, so instead, it's down to pushing Level Up or control. Black Knight, Demon in Blessed Armor has been placed in, but he was proven to be too slow or just causing too many support fails. All in all, Ike mirrors are fun.

In pure green, you play Soren3 because there's not enough cards. In Blue/Green, you should probably play Henry, so I'm not sure you need Sorens, still.

I really love Blue/Green Ike because Ike has much better synergy with Henry (The best blue card after Nowi) than Chrom does.

Edited by Tuvillo

Looking over your comments, your advice suggests to cut most of my techs for board control and run with straight flying support, correct?The problem with Blue is that they struggle to maintain the same level of board control that Red does. Outside of say Chrom 3 and Robin 4, you need to rely on sub-par cards like Robin 1 to move your opponents board. The issue with this is that Robin 1 offers you absolutely nothing outside of an attack emblem, of which you can only utilise 4 times per deck shuffle (Assuming she's not in your orbs, and you don't draw into her).

The issue of your opponent running their units in the backline can be solved by making your 70's consistently hit 100/110 (Which is the highest most MC's can reach without an extra +10 from an effect) if you kill your opponents front-line, their backline is forced forward, if they're trying to hide their MC in the backline, run over their front-line with consistent, powerful units.

Another option you have is running 2 or 1-2 units that can run over problem backline units (enemy Cleric, dancer, mage, rank 1 MC) these 2 range units are usually weaker than your front-liner, but backline units are usually weak themselves, so we can risk the trade-off.

If you really hate backline that much, perhaps splashing red in your deck is a good idea. Marth 4 can move 1 of your opponents backline forward every turn if you play a 2 or lower.

I'm gonna play a bit of Devil's Advocate to get a better understanding. It seems that by maximizing the flying units, you lose out on high base 70s currently being Lucina, Fred, late game Nowi, and Gerome. You were actually running less 70's before. Majority of your units were only a 20 support too, which is never a good idea (Unless you're running Ranulf, who wants to run 20 Fang units all day.) The only other decently big unit aside from Lucy, Fred, Gerome and Nowi was Tharja 4 who could be an 80 when your opponent has no cards in hand. You weren't running the set-up needed to get your opponent down to 0 hand, which means she's effectively just a 60.

Unfortunately, Blue doesn't have too much else in the way of big 70 units to run unless you wanted to swap Chrom 1 for Chrom 4.

Let's say you ran a deck full of 70's with 20 support, and I run a deck with a 70 MC and the other 42 cards are 30 support. You can have big units all you want, but the supports push you over the line. In this circumstance, you'll literally never make me take an orb unless I support myself because you'll always be 90 and I'll always be 100. You're always 10 off winning.

What you want, is 3 - 5 heavy hitters in your deck. Any more than that and you hurt consistency, and you hurt your chance of winning.

I originally ran 3 Fred but cut to two due to hand clutter. Why would maxing be a good idea? He is likely to die in a turn unless you get him out early, plus the inability to bond him adds to more clutter.It's a valid question. He's a cheap 70 is the big reason here, and that's exactly why it doesn't matter if he dies. Because he's cheap enough we can easily play him next turn without choking our resources out too badly.

Remember, your units are expendable. If your opponent has to swing into Frederick to kill him over swinging into Lucina we've achieved a few things.

First off, this means we have board presence and board pressure. Your opponent feels pressured into attacking Frederick because he's a threat.

Second off, them killing Frederick is them not Attacking Lucina, which is you not taking an orb. He relieves Your MC.

As for number? 3 - 4 IMO unless you have better options. He can clog your hand because you can't bond him, but having 3 - 4 copies increases your draw chance and you have a better chance of playing him multiple times, or crits and evades.

I guess they could be used for evades but they usually could lead to more dead draws and a double minus if your opponent can still kill him after an evade. Good points. Valid points, but if you opponent is going to evade your crit then it was irrelevant what you were gonna do anyways. Remember, he's cheap for how big he is.

The idea was to have many attacking units to mill the opponents deck as well hoping for same character supports and manipulation of my own top deck on my turn. You're milling your opponent every time you attack, but milling doesn't have much of an effect considering you just reshuffle your retreat and use it again if you deck out. If the idea behind killing your opponent was to attack them with weak units to bait out high supports or make them support into themselves, you could just run bigger units and successfully run over them.

Lucina's effect is more used to stack YOUR battle phase during your turn, having big units and reliable supports along with Lucina allows you to have a strong advantage and a good chance of winning battles. Stacking supports for your opponents turn is bad, because you have no control of what happens during their turn.

Gerome is great, but also seems like a good beater but dies to falchions next turn as well. If you're vsing Red/Blue, he will usually die the following turn because of Falchions, Nowi 3. But remember, they're expendable and you can always fetch Gerome back with Lissa. Gerome 4 is usually a top threat because of his power advantage over MC's. Again, if they're attacking him then they're not Attacking Lucina. He's also a 30 support which adds consistency to our supports too.

If Gerome forces an evade or takes an orb before he dies, he's done a good job. Against a deck that ISN'T red/Blue (Let's say, Ryoma, Corrin, Ike) they don't have an advantage against him and he is even BETTER because now they struggle to climb him during their turn, and he forces your opponent to kill him immediately, lest they lose orbs.

Is the general meta to trade 40+30 early game and just aggressively hit for 100/110 by turn 3? Not necessarily by turn 3 but basically yes.

To put it simply, you want to achieve one objective - taking your opponents orbs faster than they can take yours, you can do this in a number of ways.

1. Make your unit bigger than anything your opponent can run over, then smack them to make them take orbs (Inigo, Soleil, Ranulf)

2. Either consistently support into 30's to always reach 70 as a rank 1, 90 as a rank 3 or 100 as a 4 or 5

Or

Run a mix of 20 + 20 attack supports and mix it with flier supports so that you're 110 during your turn, and 100 during your opponents. The dream in this case is to hit every Archer support on your attacks, and every flier support on your defends.

Remember that the goal of the game is to force your opponents MC to lose 6 times (Or less depending on if they use orbs as resources, more if they run units that place more orbs) and the only way to do this is to make your units bigger than their MC. There's no deck-out (Unless your opponent has no cards in their retreat, when they deck out. But even then I'm not sure if you lose) so all you can do is run over them. Different decks set out to do this differently, but that's the goal. This is why 40 attack supports and 30 flier supports are so important, they're the highest supports you can get, and is the best way to make your opponent take orbs.

You wanna hit a sweet spot of big 70's that can take advantage of 30/40 supports, and having 30/40 supports to make your 70's big enough.

Too many 70's, and you lack the support consistency to run over an opponent (To my knowledge, I can't think of any 70 permanent base who are also a 30 support, they're always 20 or 10)

Too many 30's and you have nothing but 1 front-liner to take orbs, giving you more chances of losing the longer the game goes (Inigo and Soleil harem are basically them and 38 - 42 30's. If your opponent can consistently hit 100 and you can't run over them, you lose.)

Is it enough to just drop 2 resuce units in the back to attack with mc and then rescue to the back each turn?If you have no units in your front-line during your turn, your backline force marches at the beginning of your opponents turn. So you'd need to have 2 fliers with rescue and multiple meat-shields on the front-line that can't get run over.

See the issue here? This is an incredible amount if resources to expend just to protect your MC. And what happens if you DON'T have all those cards? Do you just sit there on the front line and take hits?

Like I said earlier, if I can hit 100 base 90% of the time and you hit 90 base 90% of the time, your chances of ever making me take an orb are next to 0. Instead of running meat shields and fliers to rescue, we could just run a few big beaters and fliers to support them and keep them alive.

Remember, if you can take opponents orbs faster than they can take yours, you win every time.

Thank you so much. This was literally what I needed. This insight is great, especially because I have an extremely small meta in my area, and I typically end up splashing a million techs in any deck I build in a tcg. I will test out your suggestions using the following build:

4x Lucina 1

4x Lucina 4

4x Lissa 1

4x Fred 3

1x Gaius 3

4x Virion 1

3x Robin M 2

3x Nowi 1

3x Nowi 3

4x Cherche 1

4x Gerome 4

4x Sumia 1

4x Cordelia 3

4x Cordelia 1

Possible switch out of 1 Robin M and 3 Nowi 1 for 4 Chrom 1

This changes my percentages to:

10: 2%

20: 58%

30: 40%

Also, if I decide to splash red, what should I consider? I was thinking about swapping Lissa for Lena, and swapping out a blue cost 1 flying unit for a red one. Not really sure who to drop for the Marth 4 ST. Any suggestions?

[spoiler={option}]The main problem with the silas deck is that you compromise the rest of the deck only to have your MC silas hit 100.

You can directly compare this to Inigo, Soleil and ranulf.

Inigo and soleil forces you to play an extreme amount of fliers to have a strong MC but weak board.

Ranulf Forces you to play fangs to achieve that 110 but you also sacrifice your board.

These 3 decks arguably do a better job than silas.

If you are dead set on playing silas though, that decklist seems pretty fun to use not sure how i would change it without testing myself.

I'm not sure why are you comparing Silas to Inigo/Ranulf. My main focus are the 16 Hero Emblem from Cost 1 Kamuis. Silas as MC so that my Anya units can use Byakuya Kamui's Hero Emblem. The field isn't as weak as you think, with Gunter, Kanna M and Nowi at late game. And I have Cost 1 Eponie to check the top deck cards too.

[spoiler={option}]This is a pretty cool idea for a deck TBH. I don't have a lot in the way of suggestions for cards (I've got no experience) but just by looking at the deck I can see a few potential problems.

You're running Silas with about a 50% chance of drawing, or supporting into Kamui every turn which is seriously monstrous. The only issue I can see the deck running into, is what happens if I attack you and you DON'T support Kamui. You're running 7 other copies of your MC which offer you no support and then the rest of your deck is nothing but 20's. If you DON'T draw into Kamui, you're drawing a 20 which is a potential and probable loss.

The thing that's odd to me, is that you're running a pretty heavy draw engine in a deck where you want Silas to be supported by Kamui. You're running 10 cards that allow you to draw into cards you probably don't want to draw into.

Kamui probably shouldn't be attacking unless the point of your draw engine is to draw a bazillion copies of Kamui for crits/evades when you inevitably support yourself, otherwise it seems strange to me that you'd WANT to pull copies of the card that saves Silas from losing every other round he battles in.

Also, your ENTIRE deck is nothing but 20's. Silas is supporting at a base 80 without Kamui.

Personally, I'd try and splash in maybe a few fliers. Remember that a base 70 only needs to pull a 10 to make you pull an orb, those odds aren't great.

Maybe consider Sakura 4, Emma 1, Camilla 1/4, Beruka 1/3... Maybe you just go nuts with Kamui and run 4 of EVERY Kamui. It's hard to say.

Really awesome idea for a deck though.

I'm running seven other copies of my MC cause he's my MC. I need my evade cards. That's what my 6 Mage Emblem cards are for. For a chance to draw my MC. And also to discard Nowi so I can deploy her using White Kamui F. I'm using White Kamui F to deploy my Cost 3 Anya units, which require me to flip 2 bonds. I don't really have the extra bonds to flip for Clerics.

For Camilla and Beruka, although 30 support is good, their base attack is weak. Without attack emblem, their attack will most likely not go through. And SR Camilla needs CCS for the power boost. I find it not worth the effort as I usually deploy a Cost 3 unit using White Kamui F skill. That's why most of the units other than MC and Kamuis are Cost 3. Although ST Camilla is 3 Cost, But usually the ones attacking are Silas and Gunter, until turn 6. So I don't think it's that worth it to put her in.

An image of my deck might give you a better view of what's in it.

[spoiler={option}]2e1hvua.jpg

Thank you so much. This was literally what I needed. This insight is great, especially because I have an extremely small meta in my area, and I typically end up splashing a million techs in any deck I build in a tcg. I will test out your suggestions using the following build:

4x Lucina 1

4x Lucina 4

4x Lissa 1

4x Fred 3

1x Gaius 3

4x Virion 1

3x Robin M 2

3x Nowi 1

3x Nowi 3

4x Cherche 1

4x Gerome 4

4x Sumia 1

4x Cordelia 3

4x Cordelia 1

Possible switch out of 1 Robin M and 3 Nowi 1 for 4 Chrom 1

This changes my percentages to:

10: 2%

20: 58%

30: 40%

Also, if I decide to splash red, what should I consider? I was thinking about swapping Lissa for Lena, and swapping out a blue cost 1 flying unit for a red one. Not really sure who to drop for the Marth 4 ST. Any suggestions?

Much better. The deck looks like it'll run much more consistent now. I'm sure you'll see it too.

If you're going to splash Red, you'll want to change Lissa for Lena/Maria, swap Virion out for Gordin (If you wanted to be super ballsy you could just run both), swap Nowi 1 and 1 Robin M 2 for Marth 4. Cherche is in there purely as Flier support so she could be subbed for Caeda.

I'm not sure why are you comparing Silas to Inigo/Ranulf. My main focus are the 16 Hero Emblem from Cost 1 Kamuis. Silas as MC so that my Anya units can use Byakuya Kamui's Hero Emblem. The field isn't as weak as you think, with Gunter, Kanna M and Nowi at late game. And I have Cost 1 Eponie to check the top deck cards too.

Your decks focus is nearly exactly the same as Inigo/Ranulf, which is relying on 1 unit. The only unit in your deck that can utilize the Kamui 1 AT ALL is Silas. Your field is EXACTLY as weak as we think it is. What's the point in Gunter if he can only ever hit 90? If I were to face you with pretty much any of my decks, you'd struggle to ever take an orb with him. I'll be 100 most of the time, you'll be 90. The question you need to ask yourself is "What threat does Gunter bring to the table?" If you were vsing a deck that ran NOTHING but 30 supports, would Gunter be a threat? If the answer is no, you need to change something. If you're gonna run nothing but 20 supports, you might as well drop Gunter entirely, because Silas and Kanna M/Nowi (With 6 bonds) are the ONLY characters that can EVER climb a base 100. No other card in your deck can do it without a crit.

THAT is why he is mentioning Silas as your only threat, because he IS your only threat.

I'm running seven other copies of my MC cause he's my MC. I need my evade cards. That's what my 6 Mage Emblem cards are for. For a chance to draw my MC. And also to discard Nowi so I can deploy her using White Kamui F. I'm using White Kamui F to deploy my Cost 3 Anya units, which require me to flip 2 bonds. I don't really have the extra bonds to flip for Clerics.

Running max copies of your MC is obvious. But running a draw engine to draw into your MC? Why? Why wouldn't you just up the number of Kamui's you're running in the deck to give you more chance of hitting 120? Forces your opponent to crit to get over you. IMO, running a draw engine JUST FOR SILAS seems redundant, especially since more often than not, you're drawing into Kamui anyways. Running Nowi SPECIFICALLY so she can be pulled with White Kamui F 4 also seems like a bad idea IMO. You're only running 1 of her, your chance of supporting her isn't great considering you could draw into her with 1 of your 8 draw engine cards (Though I suppose you could also discard her... I'd replace her entirely though. She'd be the deadest of dead draws) She could also be one of your Orbs then you literally can't do anything with her at all.

You're right though, your deck is incredibly bond heavy.

For Camilla and Beruka, although 30 support is good, their base attack is weak. Without attack emblem, their attack will most likely not go through. And SR Camilla needs CCS for the power boost. I find it not worth the effort as I usually deploy a Cost 3 unit using White Kamui F skill. That's why most of the units other than MC and Kamuis are Cost 3. Although ST Camilla is 3 Cost, But usually the ones attacking are Silas and Gunter, until turn 6. So I don't think it's that worth it to put her in.

Camilla 1 and Beruka 1 aren't used to attack, at all. They're used to support and can also be used for bond fodder, same thing with Emma. That's the beauty of Fliers, they're useful in the deck because they're 30 supports which allows you to climb units you normally couldn't, in your hand they can be used for bonds or can be used as a mobility tool (If they have Rescue). If you want Gunter to ever climb anything, you need to throw in fliers. Like... NEED to throw in fliers, like I said, you should either up your flier count, or run more Kamui's and just allow Silas to be your main unit. Both of those would be more effective than what you're running right now IMO.

An image of my deck might give you a better view of what's in it.

Like some of the other replies have said, if you want to hit their Main Character you'll at least need 30 Support Fliers to hit them with Gunther or Corrin for example.

- The draw / discard support mages don't really work as well as you would think (trust me I've tried). If you don't end up drawing your promotion for Silas early on your probably dead.

- Eponie isn't very good for two reasons:

* Checking the top of their deck isn't as good as let's say just milling a Flier (30) for a support and beating them for sure anyway.

* 10 Support isn't very good. Eponie's effect doesn't really make up for this.

* The Level3 Eponie isn't that great either, as her effect doesn't make up for her 10 support either.

- You should definitely look into running some amount of flier supports (30 supports)

- 4 Emas, 4 Shigures and 4 Hinokas (the level 1 ones), for example.

You can also run archers to be more aggressive:

- Takumi, Setsuna and Kisaragi level 1s

Also if you feel that you may be running too many Corrins in the deck, as when you eventually attack with male or female Corrin you may fail it (your running 12 of each). But it is the niche part of being Silas as the main character, so it's up to you.

The deck itself lacks range to hit the opponent's backline, which can be bad. You can take advantage of the amount of Female Corrins your playing by playing a few copies of the Level 5 Nohr Female Corrin, to blow up some of their units.

I see people having fun posting decks here.

Let me post mine.

12496434_10153338117812135_6962445521914

=) have fun rating guys!

Sorry to say, dude, but that thing just sucks ass.

10 Supports are never needed. Or is this a Lon'Qu deck? Either way, you also have #nofliers , making it also bad. Add fliers, drop Inigo, Owain, Gregor, and maybe Robin

Sorry to say, dude, but that thing just sucks ass.

10 Supports are never needed. Or is this a Lon'Qu deck? Either way, you also have #nofliers , making it also bad. Add fliers, drop Inigo, Owain, Gregor, and maybe Robin

The MC is Chrom, in case my dp and the top left enclosed in snapcase 1 cost foil Chrom from the starter deck wasn't obvious.

This is meant to be an all sword, all blue theme deck. Call it a no-fliers therapy if it makes you feel better about no fliers in the deck.

- If you look carefully, this deck is an all out agressive with mid-high chance of double orb destroying attacks, mainly due to ST Chrom, 1 cost Lucina Hero Emblem and presumbly a class changed Owain.

- Due to the maxed out copies of each card(except 2 cost Lucina since its already a total of 11 Lucinas, promoted Lon'qu, Gaius, and promoted Owain), I tend to have a higher chance to go for a critical despite a 10/20 support.

- Yes I might lose out on defense but that's what Robin M is for, unless you got no idea what he does.

- If I have a class changed Lon'qu on the field, he is minimum 60 to a max of 120 (rare but if I'm lucky enough to get all them swords out) attack which is strong enough to handle most units without even counting support.

- There is also SR Lucina who can pretty much run the show by herself if she is class changed and I have an available Lucina in hand to use her skill, it makes a lot of difference at times.

- Gregor is simply there as a staple bond card or early game extra attacker and also because he contributes to Lon'qu if the latter is on the field.

- The 1 costs are there to serve as the 30 supports on attack, Inigo is used here because when Lucina is on the field he is a 50 which is good for early game attacks.

- Not to forget the SR Chrom who can boost everyone for another extra 30 attack power and single out the opponent's MC.

tl;dr: I don't think the statement "10 Supports are never needed." is true and if fliers is all people can suggest then please keep your fliers.

tl;dr: I don't think the statement "10 Supports are never needed." is true and if fliers is all people can suggest then please keep your fliers.

The statement that "10 supports are never needed" is not true. Fliers are just the easiest way to make sure you hit consistant power levels on both atk and def.

Because you want to play a theme deck, it does mean you have to give up on fliers and fill the deck with 10 sups.

Anywho, i knew it was a chrom deck, but with the 100% sword user's it could have been a lon qu deck which i have seen before.

You have pretty much packed in every sword user there is so theres not much to suggest.

Severa would work okay as a lord.

Lon qu would also work as a lord.

Priam would also work as an atker.

Outside of that.

Maybe some healers or virion in case you want to pick off something in the back line.

Edited by DonDon