Rate my Deck thread

Omegaweapon

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the deck would change if better blue CCS cards come up, but I can't think of anything I'd take out of this build.

There's a possibility that Cordelia4 is really good and that's about it.

My comments/opinions after playing this deck in lackey a bit:

- The deck is a bit slow/has too many high cost units. You will be hit by dark mage emblems and lose cards for free because you can't play much early game. Especially since you are going to be taking orbs at the start too with a lack of a field. You can deploy your cost 1s to help this/hope your opponent can't deal with them so you can CCS earlier (doesn't happen against well built decks, or you get lucky).
Overall this deck will pretty much be playing one unit a turn, which means your opponent can build a field gradually which opens you up to getting crit more easily, or them having a healer on the field longer than they should. (Either that or you will lose your CCS pieces as 1 drops to deal with theirs)
- Having so many repeats of the same card is needed for the CCS effect, but that causes a higher number of failed supports as well. This is just a general comment on all CCS decks really.
- I feel the offensive power is slightly lacking when I played this, mostly early game of course when things don't get a base power of 70. 16 fliers is about average, but you have no archers, which count toward offensive support as well. Fighters emblem too but those are not going to have a place in this deck (or most decks even) obviously.
- The movement on this deck is also a bit lower than I typically build my decks with, meaning higher chances of losing something that could have been avoided if you had more flier's emblem/rescue.

The main advantages this deck gets is if you get Henry or Elise's effect off (who knew :P). Leo's CCS effect won't really do much since you will only have 2 cards on the field to hit with anyway (and they should already go through), and it may be better to just save that extra leo for survivability/another use of the effect without CCS even.

Edited by Foodies

I noticed that deck is 50.

My deck is 65 only because I'm using all the sleeves.

Is there like a set deck min/max? Or its just "whatever works for you"? Seeing as sup ports activate every attack, you're going to be milling cards fast.

Your deck didn't have much unit's so I'm guessing that's why? Since you have a smaller deck; you can reshuffle earlier but like Foodies said earlier; you might lose sooner since you're probably gonna be taking orbs earlier.

A deck has to be a minimum of 50 cards with no maximum. Like in all cardgames, you prefer sticking to the minimum so you actually play the same deck every game.

____

Deck is actually not very slow. Turn 1/2, in rare occasions, already Class Changes, but more commonly just takes off some Orbs early to get going. (But is not necessary, you sometimes don't want to play your level 1 cards)

After promo turn, 4 Bonds pretty much means you can go into Elise and if they don't deal with it they lose.

Having a large number of cards for each character is an advantage rather than a disadvantage for this deck. Protecting your 2-card investment with a 1-card dodge wins games.

Offensively I only see issues when someone is playing a stupid amount of fliers. (Your entire deck is hitting a rough minimum of 90, except for Cordelia and Henry) If the enemy is playing a stupid amount of fliers, you should eventually outvalue them with your cards because their deck sorta sucks. (And your Fliers are all in your deck because they're good cards)

Self-Movement is a minor issue that I've run into once or twice. This is only relevant when you want to hit the enemy backrow or want to defend Lucina in the backrow like a wuss though.

_____

I might shift focus even more towards Elise. If she resolves, you can grab any 2 Lucinas or CC pieces, or even 2 parts of 1 CC combo, and just win from there.

So far I've noticed this deck is very Yugioh-y. With any opening hand you can make plays, and each combination of cards has multiple paths. (CC or dodge) The ratio of player decision vs luck is also very much towards active decisions, much more than other decks that are not Lissa.

Edited by Tuvillo

• 3 weeks later...

After hastily purging this deck of any traces of Archanea, I now present to you... Itsuki Aoi!

[spoiler=Go! Set 4: Shimmering Illusongs!][Copies] Cost(Promo) Character, Title
[2] 1(-) Chrom, Crown Prince of Ylisse
[3] 1(-) Lissa, Sprightly Cleric
[4] 1(-) Sumia, Maiden of Flower Fortunes
[3] 3(2) Cordelia, Pegasus Knight Paragon
[4] 1(-) Cordelia, Young Prodigy
[3] 3(-) Nowi, Wellspring of Youth
[2] 3(2) Henry, Smiling Sorceror
[3] 1(-) Henry, Heartless Shaman
[3] 4(3) Chrom, Protector of Ylisse
[3] 1(-) Miriel, Intellectual Inquirer
[1] 1(-) Itsuki, Normal Kid*
[3] 1(-) Chrom, Young Mirage Prince
[3] 3(2) Cynthia, Wings of Justice
[4] 1(-) Cynthia, Voluntary Hero
[2] 4(3) M!Robin, Exalted Grandmaster
[3] 1(-) M!Robin, Amnesiac Tactician
[3] 4(3) Itsuki, Chosen Young Lord

It's got Chrombo Combo, and some other things! Kind of okay, but I know there's improvements to this.

Edited by ScarletFlame

First thing: run 4 of your intended promotion. So add another cost 4 Itsuki.

Most decks nowadays usually run at least 8 of their MC, since you want enough to just draw some dodge/crit with without being forced to heal. So for this deck, you can choose between Cost 3 itsuki or Cost 5 Ituski (or a mix of both, even). I prefer the Cost 3 because promoting on turn 2 can save a lot of damage against really rush based decks, plus the fact that Mirage Chrom can get him to 70 power still so he's not missing out attacks if he gets his cost 4 late. Cost 5 is an endgame effect that isn't used most of the time, but might be nice if you happen to get stuck with a hand full of Itsuki or something.

Speaking of Mirage Chrom, put him at 4 since he doesn't die most of the time and is a constant base 40 with cost 4 Itsuki's effect. (and c'mon, mirage master MC here :v) I'd get rid of the regular cost 1 Chrom because you'd rather have the Mirage version on the field. You don't want to be missing out on a free deploy from mirage Chrom because Chrom is already there. He also let's Itsuki's attacks always go through pretty much with the +10.

Now onto the other cards. I'd get rid of some of the characters because you want 4 copies of both promoted and unpromoted characters to increase the chances of getting them to use Itsuki's CCS effect.

In my opinion, you should max:
Henry - Disrupts opponent's gameplan significantly.
Cynthia - 30 support always good, and she can hit MC and run away. Then needs to be killed or else you can just CCS her again and repeat.
Cordelia - Efficient at killing weak units because Galeforce lets her do a 2 for 1 essentially. 30 support.
Chrom - Your buddy!! Base 70 can hit opponent MC, Dragon bonus to kill Gerome reliably. Since Mirage Chrom is going to be on the field most of the time, can CCS him easily.
Nowi - Okay, she doesn't CCS but she's obviously good.

I'm too lazy to count what that leaves you with spacewise, but after doing that you can decide what else to fill the remaining things with. I personally like having cost 1 Nowi's in monoblue decks for the chance bond acceleration, and more dodges for Cost 3 Nowi when she is deployed. I also like Virion for easy kills on flying units. How useful each of those are depends on what your opponent is playing though. There's always the option of just filling the remaining with 30 supports (best would probably be Sumia + her promotion).

And if you want to use an underused card, run Lon'qu!! Since Mirage Chrom is on the field with Itsuki 99% of the time, Lon'qu will always get the double attack ability with his cost 4, or be a cost 1 drop with 60 power on your turn. CCS him so his 2nd attack can kill a weak unit that was in the backrow instead of being wasted on the opponent's MC, since it won't go through unless you crit. Okay, in reality he's still kind of bad even with that and you're probably better off running 30 supports anyway, rip 10 support. So don't run him if you are super serious about winning all the time - I still shared it because playing him is fun to me :P

Hope that helps!

Edited by Foodies

I find Chrom3 to be redundant in an Itsuki deck most of the time because when Chrom CCS's Itsuki can already move 2 backrow units up. This means Chrom3 would be used for moving something in front to the back a majority of the time (unless you want to move 3 backrow units when you deploy him, rare situation unless your deck has no range at all). The most useful thing I can think of for that is versus another mirage master so you can kill their mirage, which is nice. Or against a deck with no fliers/movement you can make them waste a turn moving their MC up again, but then you can't hit them either. Chrom3 is better than Chrom4 when Itsuki isn't promoted (early game/if you don't run cost 3 Itsuki, or if you don't have your promotion because of bad luck and want to move enemy MC back, assuming they have another unit in the front row only).

If there's something I'm missing with Chrom3 though let me know, I'm always interested in learning about new card interactions :v

Edited by Foodies

Chrom3 is cheap and does his job. I prefer running 0 additional Chroms to be honest, BUT I also think Mirage Chrom himself is unnecessary. You just sorta play Chrom because you can, and then you play Chrom promotions because they can trigger Itsuki. Chrom4 is a vanilla, Chrom5 is a Vanilla, so what's left?

...Now that I think about it, why are we all playing Itsuki instead of Marth?

Chrom3 is cheap and does his job. I prefer running 0 additional Chroms to be honest, BUT I also think Mirage Chrom himself is unnecessary. You just sorta play Chrom because you can, and then you play Chrom promotions because they can trigger Itsuki. Chrom4 is a vanilla, Chrom5 is a Vanilla, so what's left?

...Now that I think about it, why are we all playing Itsuki instead of Marth?

Because we all wanna see Super Saiyan Marth.

That aside, thanks for the advice! I'll take it to heart as best as I can.

Hey guys, I'm new to FE Cipher (started last December) and I wanted to make a mage (discarding) deck with my available resources. Can you guys tell me if the deck's viable or not?

Main Character / Lord: Kamui F

Black(Nohr) Cards: Total 28

3x 1 Kamui F (Nohr)

4x 4/3 Kamui F (Nohr)

1x 5/4 Kamui F

4x 1 Leon

2x 4/3 Leon (ST)

2x 5/4 Leon

4x 1 Shade

2x 4/3 Nyx

3x 3/2 Foleo

3x 3/2 Elize (ST)

Blue(Awakening) Cards: Total 22

4x 1 Tharja

1x 2 Tharja

3x 4/3 Tharja

4x 1 Henry

4x 3/2 Henry

4x 1 Miriel

2x 3 Nono

This deck always has 20 Supports so I'm a bit worried, and it's main attacking force is only Kamui at 70 Atk Power. The SR cards in this deck are the only ones I have, and I'm also restricted with only 2 R Nono. I have considered Ophelia, but it's kinda not worth it if I don't run Odin and I don't think he's that good if I want to focus on discarding my opponent's hand. My only reliable source of recovery is Elize, which I may change with the level 1 Foleo if you guys think it's better to run more of him. The only reason I run level 3 Foleo in the first place is to prevent the opponent from moving my mages from the back row instead of his CCS skill since Kamui could do that herself. Nyx may be replaced with level 3 Shade for more power but I prefer to focus more on discarding my opponent's hand as I previously mentioned.

It's funny that you mention Ophelia, because her deck is essentially built around what you wanna do with your deck.

So first things first, let's replace Corrin with Ophelia and make her our MC.

Why? Well, what does Corrin offer your deck? She's a 20 support, which is fine... Corrin 4 doesn't really offer your deck much though. Getting to move a unit to the frontline is cool, but we don't need to do that when our entire deck can attack them in the backline anyways, they're not safe no matter where they go. Corrin is the only unit that needs them on the frontline.

Ophelia on the other hand, meshes with the idea of you running a deck of tome users, she will permanently be a 90 unless she supports herself, but she's cheaper than Corrin (a turn 2 promotion as opposed to turn 3) and she has 1-2 range meaning she can attack no matter where she is.

She doesn't REALLY need Odin to work (although, she likes Odin in the deck, he contributes to your discard deck as Odin 1 and Odin 4 can hit 90 consistently for a bond flip)

Personally, I'd look at replacing Elise 3 with Elise 4 if you have her, for 2 bonds and an orb you get to retrieve 2 cards from your retreat, which is nice. Elise 3 is fine where she is though, and let's be honest here, the deck is incredibly bond hungry anyways so I dunno how often you're gonna be using her effect regardless.

Foleo and Nyx are the two other cards that aren't really doing much for you.

Foleo prevents your opponent from moving units to the front, sure, but the deck doesn't really mind being repositioned.

If your opponent moves your backline forward, now all their backline is vulnerable, especially since your Mages will struggle to run over front-liners anyways (Henry, Nyx, Foleo and Elise literally can't run over a base 70 unless they support themselves) so they're gonna be sniping squishies in the back and making your opponent discard -- they're expendable. So Foleo kinda just ends up being.. Somewhat sub-par.

Nyx is an odd one. She's a cost 4, so she's expensive, especially considering she's only a 50 base, which is weak. Her effect... Doesn't really give me, your opponent an incentive to attack her. Basically, if I kill her I have to discard? Well then I just won't kill her then. Because she's a 50 base, it's not like she's a huge threat to me anyways..

And if I'm running a deck with destruction effects, I can blow her up and I don't have to discard anything. If you put her on the frontline, I can either ignore her (Unless you hide everyone in the back) or if you force me to swing into her by making her the only frontline unit, and I have no ranged options, and no board manipulation, then I'll kill her and discard the least useful card in my hand, because I get to choose.

Not a huge fan of her IMO.

I'd say throw Odin in. He's a tome user, synergize with Ophelia 3, can be a 70 base for 1 bond which makes him a threat (a 90 attacker is basically a coin flip on whether you win or lose, especially in a deck where you always hit 90) and if you get super lucky you can hit for 4 orbs in a turn (Ophelia supported by Odin, your opponent having no cards and Odin swinging)

I don't have a lot of experience with the deck, so I dunno if Shade 1, Miriel 1 should be replaced...

But that's just my two cents at least.

Edited by Ignis Sphaera

Except a vanilla 70 lord will always be better than Ophelia if you play even a few flying units.

So instead of changing the lord to fit the deck, I suggest changing the deck to fit the lord. (CorrinF from the ST is really good)

So yknow, try to find room for flying units like Cordelia, Sumia, Cynthia, Cherche (Mostly level 1s) and if you need black maybe Camilla or Beruka

Yeah, but he wants to build a deck based around discarding. Corrin F isn't going to offer him that.

Otherwise, why run Corrin F (B) when he could run Corrin F (W) and build a better deck?

Ophelia is a better option for the deck he wants to build. A 1 range, 70 base MC in a deck of Dark Mages who only make them a 90, is absolutely not better than a 1-2 range 50 base who becomes a 90 when supported by tomes.

Yeah, but he wants to build a deck based around discarding. Corrin F isn't going to offer him that.

Otherwise, why run Corrin F (B) when he could run Corrin F (W) and build a better deck?

Ophelia is a better option for the deck he wants to build. A 1 range, 70 base MC in a deck of Dark Mages who only make them a 90, is absolutely not better than a 1-2 range 50 base who becomes a 90 when supported by tomes.

Corrin F (W) isn't budget friendly :p

Ophelia is but I guess no deck from Black is budget when you have take into consideration Elise and Camilla.

You can skip Camilla in that deck >.>

That being said though, I don't know if you can build any colour well without needing to invest some money anyways.

True. You can skip Camilla for Ophelia but if we're talking in a budget sense you could probably make a black femui deck with some small level 1 black / blue fliers.... Etc.

Sure, you could. But you could also build Ophelia too :P

He has pretty much all the Tharja's which are probably the most expensive card outside of Elise 4 (if he even opts to run it) so he wouldn't even need to invest too much more tbh.

But yeah, he could build a Corrin deck cheaper, especially if it's black female.

Hahaha thanks guys for the opinions and suggestions. I've tried remodeling the deck around Ophelia a little bit with the cards I have. What do you guys think about it now:

MC: Ophelia

Black(Nohr) Cards: Total 27

4x 1 Ophelia

4x 3/2 Ophelia

4x 1 Leon

2x 4/3 Leon (ST)

2x 5/4 Leon

4x 1 Odin

4x 4/3 Odin

2x 3/2 Elize (ST)

1x 4/3 Elize

Blue(Awakening) Cards: Total 23

4x 1 Tharja

1x 2 Tharja

3x 4/3 Tharja

4x 1 Henry

4x 3/2 Henry

3x 1 Miriel

2x 3 Nono

2x 3/2 Brady

I only have one SR Elize and just realized how useful her skill was after you guys mentioned it (I thought that I had to discard an Elize, sacrifice an Orb and pay 2 bonds to get the cards, but I mixed up her 1st ability with her second one hahaha). And since I replaced Kamui with Ophelia, I just had to include Odin in for utility and additional power. And I wanted to try out the new Brady card too, which allows me both get a card from the discard pile and also get a +20 atk bonus at the start of the turn. I've considered some of you guys' opinions in running Kamui with some fliers for their 30 supports, but I wanted to prioritize the discarding aspect of this deck instead of power, since if I were to include the blue fliers it would mean that I have to sacrifice Tharja which contributes to both discarding cards and as a powerhouse once I completely discard my opponent's hands.

I wish I have the white Female Kamui SR too, but it's too expensive and I only have one card that I luckily pulled from a booster pack (I'm currently using her in my Aqua deck though, for power support if I'm lucky enough to draw her).