Awakening

Tangerine

Absolutley amazing. Might be the best piece of fanart I've ever seen. This actually managed to make Validar, a villain I could never take seriously, actually intimidating. And Gangrel looks great too.

How dynamic !

The motion, the characters poses and expressions - plus that nice background trick :D - makes it a very striking picture. Straight into the middle action - time to make the world changes /o/ ♪!

Such powerful composition !

This drawing is awesome. Everyone is very well drawn, and I especially love the way you put Lucina and Chrom into motion. The Cape's red side being the background for the FE13 villain is so clever. I love this one !

EDIT : Also Gangrel's lips and Validar's Moustache are.... cute ?

Edited by Luxian

Thanks for all the kind words/votes, peeps. It means a lot to me.

I spent a majority of January working on this thing while being swamped with college graduation, so it was pretty tough. But I managed to finish it, so that was a load off my back. It took me like 30-35 hours to finish it lol. There is still some stuff I want to add, such as Naga and the Divine Tree somewhere further to the right of Grima maybe.

I wanted to depict the story of FE:A through a picture by having the cape represent the struggles Lucina had to endure in order to save the player's timeline, so I included most of the villains along with Chrom and Robin. Originally it was just going to be Validar and Aversa, but it felt too empty so I decided to add the rest of the goons. This meant adding a huge white block to the frame, and it caused a big mess while I was trying to make everything look like one picture lol.

I'm pretty happy with the finished result. I will clean up the whole thing more even after the contest is finished, but I'm flattered my picture has received this much attention. Thanks a lot!