Possible WiFi Battle Mini Tournaments on the Forum?

SaltyBucket

I don't have very much information about how WiFi Battle works. But do you guys think that after the game is released in Europe, WiFi Battle Tournaments could be possible? I was thinking that it would just be a fun thing to do and I also have no idea how stupid this idea most likely sounds. Leave your thoughts on if you guys think if is a fun/good/possible idea.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it'd be a fun thing to do. Scheduling the time to do it would be something else though, hopefully EU gets their release not long after NA.

i was thinking they could be on weekends and announced the previous weekend. and i hope EU gets a Release Date soon also, i feel bad for them right now...

I think it is a great idea, as it would also allow us to establish our own set of rules to keep the game balanced and fun.

Yes this sounds great with the number one rule being no puppet skill, galeforce, or teleport because those are the most OP skills and most used that I have seen so far, I mean it is ok for there to be ones with that but I am just annoyed by OP skills

i was thinking they could be on weekends and announced the previous weekend. and i hope EU gets a Release Date soon also, i feel bad for them right now..

Since you came up with the idea maybe you could be the first one to make one of those tournaments if we can do that.

Since you came up with the idea maybe you could be the first one to make one of those tournaments if we can do that.

Yes, i was thinking about how to set it up, maybe through Challonge?

I would love to hear peoples thoughts but for a tournament you either ban/limit several things or you alienate a majority of players from having even a remote chance. Deciding on rules with another person wouldn't be too hard but for an actual tournament it'll likely be a headache. Even if its for fun, some people enjoy being game breakingly overpowered.

Off the top of head:

Game Version - In Conquest you're limited in resources, Birthright not as much, in Revelation you essentially double your options in every way but that's costs money.

DLC (Classes, Skills) is going to need to be banned in most cases as having the meta revolve on money would be silly. There are just so many bonuses. Warp is horribly broken like in this video.

Forges - You need 128 copies of the weapon and 247 gems for each +7 weapon. Most weapons are limited without the equipment DLC and that's still heavily RNG. +7 gain 11 Might, 20 Hit, 15 Crit compared to unforged weapons

Corrin/Xander/Ryoma's personal weapons have bonuses that are active as long as its in their inventory.

Revelation's Yatonokami

gives Strength, Speed, Defence and Resistance +4 while in possession

Character Statues - I doubt people want to have to grind 100 kills for every character so they aren't at a disadvantage in stats.

Bought Skills - Characters can get almost any skills by being married to Corrin with the right secondary.These can then be spread to another playthrough/other players.

Edited by Frozen_Kappa

I would love to hear peoples thoughts but for a tournament you either ban/limit several things or you alienate a majority of players from having even a remote chance. Deciding on rules with another person wouldn't be too hard but for an actual tournament it'll likely be a headache. Even if its for fun, some people enjoy being game breakingly overpowered.

Off the top of head:

Game Version - In Conquest you're limited in resources, Birthright not as much, in Revelation you essentially double your options in every way but that's costs money.

DLC (Classes, Skills) is going to need to be banned in most cases as having the meta revolve on money would be silly. There are just so many bonuses. Warp is horribly broken like in this video.

Forges - You need 128 copies of the weapon and 247 gems for each +7 weapon. Most weapons are limited without the equipment DLC and that's still heavily RNG. +7 gain 11 Might, 20 Hit, 15 Crit compared to unforged weapons

Corrin/Xander/Ryoma's personal weapons have bonuses that are active as long as its in their inventory.

Revelation's Yatonokami

Character Statues - I doubt people want to have to grind 100 battles for every character so they aren't at a disadvantage in stats.

Bought Skills - Characters can get almost any skills by being married to Corrin with the right secondary.These can then be spread to another playthrough/other players.

You can't earn more than 20 levels, reclassing dosn't reset levels, only promotion

Off the top of head:

Revelation's Yatonokami

Character Statues - I doubt people want to have to grind 100 battles for every character so they aren't at a disadvantage in stats.

Maxing character statues requires 100 kills, not 100 battles.

You can't earn more than 20 levels, reclassing dosn't reset levels, only promotion

Eternal Seal - 12000G - Increases maximum Level by 5 when at maximum Level (excludes non-promoted units). No actual limit cap except a visual cap of level 99. An infinite amount available in the level 3 vendors.

For skills you could bypass this using logbooks if you really needed to. For stats, being RNG dependent would be even worse.

Tournaments might work if it was split by game version and had was limited to no grind

Maxing character statues requires 100 kills, not 100 battles.

Oops you're right

Edited by Frozen_Kappa

Eternal Seal - 12000G - Increases maximum Level by 5 when at maximum Level (excludes non-promoted units). No actual limit cap except a visual cap of level 99. An infinite amount available in the level 3 vendors. For skills you could bypass this using logbooks if you really needed to. For stats, being RNG would be even worse

Holy crap...is it on both versions if so Nohr has betrayed me

I have not heard anything about fates yet, (i REALLY dont want to spoil this game for myself.) but man. This games sounds terribly broken. I think we should have tourneys separated by game and a difficulty level. ( cant think of a better name.)

1 - For players that are maybe part way through the game. (Not everyone is going to buy the game day 1, but i sure am ;)

2 - For players that have beaten the game and have decent stat units

3 - For players looking to train units to above average stats and skills

4 - For players looking to fully max-out every units stats

We might also need to separate them by difficulty level too, one for Normal one for Hard one for Lunatic, and one for Lunatic+.

And of course, DLC skills like warp (if its the same one from FE2, then ban that crap right away i dont wanna see that in a team i fight.) seems really broken. All DLC classes and skills in general will most likeley need to be banned.

Edited by Badbot5000

I have not heard anything about fates yet, (i REALLY dont want to spoil this game for myself.) but man. This games sounds terribly broken. I think we should have tourneys separated by game and a difficulty level. ( cant think of a better name.)

1 - For players that are maybe part way through the game. (Not everyone is going to buy the game day 1, but i sure am ;)

2 - For players that have beaten the game and have decent stat units

3 - For players looking to train units to above average stats and skills

4 - For players looking to fully max-out every units stats

We might also need to separate them by difficulty level too, one for Normal one for Hard one for Lunatic, and one for Lunatic+.

And of course, DLC skills like warp (if its the same one from FE2, then ban that crap right away i dont wanna see that in a team i fight.) seems really broken. All DLC classes and skills in general will most likeley need to be banned.

There is no Lunatic+