Opinions on the Localized Names.

SaltyBucket

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So doing a search for Velouria, apparently it is a love song by the Pixies. That's about all the information I could find.

Someone mentioned it on GameFAQs, so I looked it up, and Velouria is a real girl's name, although it's a rare one. Couldn't find anything on origin or meaning, though.

I think that Velouria is supposed to fit in w/ the other beasts.

Kaden - If you say it like Kaw-Den it sounds similar to cotton.

Selkie - Sounds like silkie.

Keaton - Made of flannel iirc. Either that or it's supposed to be like "keaton flannel shirt". Kinda stretching on this one.

Velouria - Contains velour.

The foxes are homonyms, while the wolves contain their cloth pun in their name.

Edited by Pokechu

I've looked up Velouria (since it looked really familiar to me) and it means...

"Will"

"Desire"

"Helmet"

"Protection"

"Will-helmet"

"Resolute Protector"

and "Form of Wilhelmina"

(From here : http://www.nameslist.org/english/names-meaning/Velouria)

How to pronounce it : ve-LAWR-ee-É™

It also looks like it's a form of Valarie (which means "to be strong"), from what I can find.

Edited by December Knight

Coming from this topic:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114533-fire-emblem-fates-conquest/73290865

Velour is now Velouria.

Eeeeeeeeeee i like it!

I have come to accept most of them, but I still dislike the change from Benoit to Benny. Benoit was just so much more unique and made him stand out a bit more.

Yeah. Not Benedict/10.

So doing a search for Velouria, apparently it is a love song by the Pixies. That's about all the information I could find.

Omg i remember this song! /old

And now im going to always associate this song with the character and its lovely. Now i cannot unsee this song playing as she shows up. Wow! This is probably one of the best localization changes they ever did.

I love her localized name. It's a very feminine name and I think it suits her, especially with her "red riding hood" look.

Am I the only one who likes Benoit's localized name? I think the name "Benny" fits with his character. He is a strong, very intimidating-looking individual who is actually a softie on the inside. His cute name highlights that characteristic of his.

Edited by Leif

I love her localized name. It's a very feminine name and I think it suits her, especially with her "red riding hood" look.

Am I the only one who likes Benoit's localized name? I think the name "Benny" fits with his character. He is a strong, very intimidating-looking individual who is actually a softie on the inside. His cute name highlights that characteristic of his.

I'm pretty fine with it as well.

You just...have no idea how many Benedict Cumberbatch jokes i had hidden under my helm. Cuz i was just that sure that they would localize Benoit to Benedict. Plus the name fits his character. Benedict is often associated with piety and gentleness. While Benoit isnt religious, per se, you get the point.

Oh well. :(

I like Benny as well. It reminds me of a nickname for a teddy bear which I think fits him.

In all honesty, I'm more surprised that no one (that I know of) has made a Benny Hill joke with him.

I like Benny as well. It reminds me of a nickname for a teddy bear which I think fits him.

In all honesty, I'm more surprised that no one (that I know of) has made a Benny Hill joke with him.

oh you wait. Once the game drops, it will be Benny Hill theme with everything the character does.

On Benny, I'm among those with the headcanon that his name is still Benoit in the localization but people call him Benny because he's so adorable. In fact, I bet this is revealed in a couple of S-Supports.

This image expresses pretty much how I feel about Velouria:

u4F9OKZ.jpg

oh you wait. Once the game drops, it will be Benny Hill theme with everything the character does.

Oh I know, I just can't wait.

(I kinda hope that someone will mod the game so that whenever Benny shows up, the theme will kick in. It will get old sure but at least it would be good for a laugh or two.)

I think we got most of the name. So I will try to list localized name of playable characters we do not know yet. Please correct me if I miss anything.

Children: Ignis, Shinonome, Kisaragi, Hisame, and Mitama

Capturable: Daniela, Haitaka, Kumagera, Banba, Funk, Daich, Gazzak, Sennou, and Vashala

I like that they're going with names that actually sound like they work as names, but still have that fabric motif to them for Keaton, Kaden, Selkie, and Velouria. I'm sorry, but Panne and Yarne just didn't work great as names even though I loved those two in Awakening. And as much as I liked Nishiki and Kinu, I was never a huge fan of Flannel as a name and they only added "ia" to Velour.