Opinions on the Localized Names.

SaltyBucket

Awesome, now Ignis is the only child left in need of a localized name.

I am really confused about Kisaragi's name being left unchanged. I thought it would be shortened to something like "Kisa" or "Kisagi". xD

Edited by Leif

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite glad that Kisaragi's name is the same, I like that name a lot for him. Mitama is fine either way. I'm not at all surprised that they changed Shinonome's name, but to Shiro? Wasn't what I was expecting, but I like it! I'm really surprised, though, that after all the butchering of other Japanese names they've done, they didn't change Hisame. If any name is going to result in a whole heap of mispronunciations, it's that one.

Awesome, now Ignis is the only child left in need of a localized name.

I am really confused about Kisaragi's name being left unchanged. I thought it would be shortened to something like "Kisa" or "Kisagi". xD

Well they already kept "Sumeragi" right? Pretty much the same thing.

Though honestly, this whole "they shortened/changed the names because they think we're dumb" meme was pretty much a conspiracy theory from the start

Edited by NeptuniasBeard

Well they already kept "Sumeragi" right? Pretty much the same thing.

Though honestly, this whole "they shortened/changed the names because they think we're dumb" meme was pretty much a conspiracy theory from the start

I'm guessing it has more to do with line limits and programming glitches than anything.

Ugh. On a kind of unrelated note, they kept the letter S-support bullshit in. I was so sure they'd change it around. Now I'm certain of never marrying the siblings.

Sigh, so they didn't change that BS...

[spoiler=] At least Ryouma's was different and less BS. So hopefully they didn't go and actively alter his to be like the other siblings...

Sigh, so they didn't change that BS...

[spoiler=] At least Ryouma's was different and less BS. So hopefully they didn't go and actively alter his to be like the other siblings...

really? is there a video? if so I would very much like to see it.

What's the "letter" thing?

Also, I totally adore Percy. That's really cute, and dare I say a step-up from Lutz.

Well, just a warning, spoilers:

The letter thing is something that pops up in the S rank supports for the Hoshidan siblings which basically explains how you are not the son/daughter of Sumeragi. And since the other Hoshidan siblings are not the children of Mikoto, but Ikona, a character we never see or hear about after this. Thus, with all this information, it basically allows you to marry your so called 'blood' siblings without any incest. This does not appear in Ryoma's S support however, since he already knew about you not being his sibling.

So now we know everyone's localized names, right? (minus most bosses)

Ignatius sounds…okay. Could've been worse.

Yep, that's everyone but NPCs and Captuarable bosses.

Nice, now the whole gang's complete. Ignatius somehow fits, honestly. Teddy-bear Benny naming his son something so regal and posh is kind of a cute thought, especially considering his son's character and appearance as well. I have to admit I overlooked Ignis a bit in JP so hopefully they do something to bring his character to the forefront a bit.

I know! I cannot believe I got that right. *beams*

I was somewhat close with Igneous. XD But you did hit it on the nail when you suggested Ignatius to me as a response.