Opinions on the Localized Names.

SaltyBucket

Am I the only who thinks Ignatius sounds like a disease

LoL. It kind of does, but it's an actual name that still means something similar to Ignis. XD

Also, I have a slight dislike of Ignatius because of a school that has that name in it due to someone that was arrogant and conceded towards me was from there. XD

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was secretly hoping for Iggy. That way Mario fans, punk rock listeners and white girl rapper enthusiasts can band together and make jokes about him.

-sees the name Iggy and instantly thinks of Iggy from the book series, Maximum Ride-

Ignatius...sounds ok, just a bit weird for me since I have a few uncles and extended family members named that (or the Spanish variant Ignacio).

So, I guess that's everyone who's important for the most part.

I know they localized Shenmei to Arete, but did anyone ever find the localized name of Ecaterina and Ikona (original queens of Nohr and Hoshido respectively)???

-sees the name Iggy and instantly thinks of Iggy from the book series, Maximum Ride-

That's what I thought too. Along with the Koopa Kid.

Edited by Silver Lightning

Still thinking of Valmese Ignatius.

See, the lesser bosses in Awakening never stood out to me, so I didn't remember that there was an Ignatius in Awakening.

See, the lesser bosses in Awakening never stood out to me, so I didn't remember that there was an Ignatius in Awakening.

He was the chapter 14 boss. I don't remember much from that chapter either, but that was his name when I looked it up.

Somehow they always end up making Ignis's name overlap with something :p

He was the chapter 14 boss. I don't remember much from that chapter either, but that was his name when I looked it up.

Somehow they always end up making Ignis's name overlap with something :p

It's funny. I remember chapter 14 as being one of the boat chapters, but I remember ABSOLUTELY nothing of the boss. XD

Have these classes been confirmed?

Herb Merchant

Great Merchant

Mánagarm

Am I missing any?

Herb Merchant is hard to say. Could be the same, but could be something related to an Apothecary as that's what the "talent" of that class was for Avatar creation.

I like Apothecary so I hope it sticks. Then again, the only one who starts out as it is Midori... unless I decide to have an Avatar with it as my secondary and decide to swap to it at Lvl 10?

Names like Subaki, Kagero, Ryoma, and Saizo are a no-go for me. Pretty sure Western audiences can deal with the original romanized spellings of the names. Shortening of names like we see with Kazahana, Suzukaze, Mozume, etc., is also kinda disappointing. Kaden seems wildly out of place in the Hoshido route. Caeldori is a mouthful. And Rhajat just seems like a sad attempt at mystic exoticism despite the obvious Japanese backdrop and her dad's very obviously Japanese name...

I don't mind the name changes for Nohr quite as much, although I guess it's because the names are mostly Western in origin, anyway. The name Forrest is always welcome in my book. I do like Flannel more than Keaton, though.

Ignatius is really a great name and im chuffed about it. I was rooting for it, but i lost hope because how they burned me with some of the other names, i lost hope. Thanks for not making me want to set fire to your Treehouse, Treehouse. Shiro is also not too bad.

My favorites have to be Ignatius and Velouria.

Ironically, I like Shiro and friends but hate Velouria. I wanted a complete change just for change sake like Kaden, Selkie, and Keaton. I loved Flannel but still like Keaton, but I didn't really care about Velour in the first place. I also dislike Ignatius for no real reason other than aesthetics.

I love Percy because Thomas and Friends, and Forrest is pretty cool. I'm glad it was Forrest and not something hideously pretentious. I'm glad Kisaragi was kept, but I'm glad Shinonome was changed. I also prefer every single other name change besides Mozu because c'mon Mozu was taken. I guess Kagero isn't good.