A Lion's Resolve

Tangerine

For those of you who comment on this piece who are well-versed in the subject, I'd appreciate it if you critiqued it in a harsh manner. Specifically what you think I could do better. Please and thank you!

I'm picky as hell with my visual art, so here goes~!

Disclaimer: Don't ask me to draw, because I'll have to ban myself if I do.

- Roy's eyes are blue, not green. Kinda hard to see in his official art. Gigantic Awakening DLC picture

- Due to the layout of SF, the first thing I always notice is Roy's headband. . .but that's because the background color and the color of his hair is kinda the same. If you were going for the "fiery redhead" look, that's fine. I like a little more contrast between hair color and the background.

- I can sort-of get the shoulder nearest to the center of the page. . .but I can't quite figure out what's going on with the other shoulder.

. . .and enough of that, here's what I did like:

- THE SWORD HILT. Out of a mostly red/orange/blue picture, it's a really nice splash of green! It's the second thing I notice, after Roy's headband.

- The face doesn't look like the wide-eyed shota Roy I'm accustomed to, but the proportions don't seem horribly off. Same goes for mostly everything else (not sure how "bad" things have to be before I take notice, but everything seems to be well under that threshold).

- There's a lot of really nifty detail, almost all of it done right (the jewel on Roy's cape, the jewel on the sword, the stitches on the glove, etc.).

Such a ferocious glare :D !
Roy's expression there quite reminds me the face I imagined his father Eliwood making while trying to take on Nergal after Ninian's slaying, he hee. Good blood cannot lie ♪ ~
The slightly sketchy aspect and the flames gives strength to the picture, and I find the colors' contrast flowing quite well together. Very nice !

*Is filled with DETERMINATION!*

This is fantastic!

I especially love the fiery hair, the sword, and Roy's expression.

It's an interesting colouring style there, it's a bit messy but I think it works great for this piece and has a pretty good effect.

Overall, I love it.