Crimson Flair, Rose Scented Air

Tangerine

Crimson Flair, Rose Scented Air

“I was hoping to catch your usual practice session but it seems I’ve stumbled upon a friend in need. Are you alright, You’re awfully red, Olivia.” The clueless crimson haired young man stood over the flustered female. Olivia was well known in Ylisse for her coral colored hair that fell to her lower back. Her standard attire consisted of an elegant, gold accented, white flowing dress with a headband to match. She was truly a sight to behold.

“Kiaro! When did you get here?”

“I just got here as you began to match your complexion with the sunset. Is everything alright though? You seem to have something on your mind.”

“V-v-very funny Kiaro, and uhm…everything is okay i’m just a little exhausted..Yeah! That’s it! I’m..just...exhausted.”

“Perhaps I should lead you to your quarters? I’d hate for you to fall ill on your way back.”

Before the roseate dancer had a chance to respond, her hand was intertwined with Kiaro’s and they began to journey their way towards the barracks. The medieval kingdom of Ylisse was known for it’s beautiful architecture and positive environment. It was a utopia of sorts, even the barracks were somewhat of a sanctuary to the Ylissean soldiers. Although Olivia was rather shy when it came to her feelings, she was not one to resist when it came to Kiaro. The two rosy haired individuals walked side by side with hands locked. They conversed about the various events that occurred this week. From Chrom accepting his position as King of Ylisse to Gaius and Maribelle getting married, the Ylissean army maintained it’s busy atmosphere.

“Perhaps this is my chance after all,” she whispered to herself, trying to gather her words before the pair reached the barracks.

“Speaking of marriage…,” the duo quietly said simultaneously.

“Wait! what did you say!?!?” Kiaro questioned.

“N-n-nothing nevermind. T-t-t-thank you for walking me to my quarters. I’ll see you some other time!” Olivia unlocked their hands and attempted to run as fast as she could from Kiaro.

“Olivia wait!” The tactician ran as fast as his boots would take him. He knew Olivia had a tendency to be shy but this outburst was rather...unique. The chase lasted about fifteen seconds until Olivia tripped on a rock a feat not to familiar to the graceful dancer.

“Oh Gods, Olivia are you alright?”

“Oh, Kiaro, I’m so sorry. I’m always causing you trouble. Why do you even bother with me?” She sniffled in her hands ignoring the pain from the fall that just occurred. Without saying a word, the black cloaked youth picked up the distraught dancer.

“Let’s go.”

Although they ran for a rather short time Olivia was no slow runner. She had gotten rather far from the barracks so the two were in for a long quiet walk home. Night fell and not a word was passed between the two. Olivia began to shiver in the young man’s arm’s. As if it were an instinct, Kiaro wrapped the dancer in the ebony cloak. He signaled for her to not make a fuss about it.

Once the barracks were reached, the tears and activity had ceased. Not a soul was about the camp. Kiaro forced the door open and began to walk through the pitch black barracks.

Olivia’s door was reached in a timely manner. The pair entered, Kiaro gently placed a silent Olivia on her bed. Kiaro lit a few candles, it was a feeble attempt at making the room warmer, but still, a thoughtful one. Olivia began to open her mouth but Kiaro spoke first.

“Olivia, I know you wish to apologize and I know you feel bad about what happened, but it’s okay. If you truly are sorry for your actions, please tell me what you were planning to say earlier.” The tactician swallowed hard. He anticipated something horrible was going to be said, something…heart breaking.

“Kiaro listen, I-I-I’ve loved you for the longest time. I never knew how to say it and I am not one to approach without good reason, but Kiaro I’m in love with you.”

“I knew you’d say that! It’s Chrom isn’t it. Of course you love him...wait what?” The tactician was confused. Usually his predictions were one hundred percent accurate. He finally took in the female's words. “Wait, you love me too?” The tactician was genuinely confused.

“KIARO YOU IDIOT! I CONFESSED MY FEELINGS AND THAT’S HOW YOU RESPOND?!” she threw the closest book at him and then his own coat. A black box emerged from the airborne cloak. Both individuals fell silent, simply staring at the dark box on the floor.

“Well I guess there is no better time than ever. Olivia I apologize for my outburst earlier. Heh it’s a bad tactician habit to assume what an individual will do before they say it. Olivia I love you, will you marry me?”

The chase lasted about fifteen seconds

the two were in for a long quiet walk home.

OK.

I dunno, this is really short, feels like it's got too many small inconsistencies, and could really use some more polish and a little bit of expansion and elaboration. Definitely a kernel in there for a fuller, riper story sometime down the line, though.

The chase lasted about fifteen secondsthe two were in for a long quiet walk home.OK.I dunno, this is really short, feels like it's got too many small inconsistencies, and could really use some more polish and a little bit of expansion and elaboration. Definitely a kernel in there for a fuller, riper story sometime down the line, though.

Idk, when I wrote the initial piece, the only feedback I got was to include more dialogue and have less build up. This is mostly due to the nature of the Awakening support conversations. All of them had what seemed to be short interactions (IRL time) but could have taken days in game time. I see why it seems like it's fifteen seconds and I would definitely love to polish it, but as a support conversation I think it gets the job done. If you want, I can send a more "completed" version for you to read. Thanks for the feedback.