Buffs/Nerfs you'd like to see in the Corrin/Bayo patch.

Jedi

So we have a patch coming up VERY SOON.

From what we know, Marth and Lucina seem to have a forward air buff (hint in one of the Corrin/Bayo vids), hopefully they get more, but what do you all want to see in terms of possible buffs and nerfs?

I actually think we just need buffs at this point, buff the cast to the levels of the higher ups, I mean in the end this is still the most balanced smash game to date, which is pretty amazing considering we currently have 56 characters.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So we have a patch coming up VERY SOON. Potentially the final one.

From what we know, Marth and Lucina seem to have a forward air buff (hint in one of the Corrin/Bayo vids), hopefully they get more, but what do you all want to see in terms of possible buffs and nerfs?

I actually think we just need buffs at this point, buff the cast to the levels of the higher ups, I mean in the end this is still the most balanced smash game to date, which is pretty amazing considering we currently have 56 characters.

I agree. Buff the lower tiers, especially Palutena and Zelda. Also, give Peach some small Knockback buffs.

Edited by Tsunami922

So we have a patch coming up VERY SOON. Potentially the final one.

This isn't the final patch.

Sakurai himself told the press that he isn't going to stop updating Sm4sh until he feels that it's a completely balanced game. And so far, indications have told us that he hasn't said anything about Sm4sh being complete yet.

Also, another reason why this may not be the final patch is unforseen bugs and imbalances that may come with Bayonetta and Corrin themselves. Or other unforseen things, such as Pacman's springboard glitch returning for a 3rd time, as an example.

So, no, this isn't the end, yet.

Also, ZSS, Sheik, and Rosalina could use some Diddy Kong treatment, too.

This isn't the final patch.

Sakurai himself told the press that he isn't going to stop updating Sm4sh until he feels that it's a completely balanced game. And so far, indications have told us that he hasn't said anything about Sm4sh being complete yet.

Also, another reason why this may not be the final patch is unforseen bugs and imbalances that may come with Bayonetta and Corrin themselves. Or other unforseen things, such as Pacman's springboard glitch returning for a 3rd time, as an example.

I had no idea of this, thank you for informing me. Thats actually really wonderful news. Although it sounds fairly implausable to get everyone into a balanced zone, without like taking out some advanced techniques which I hope they don't resort to doing...

Do you have a source on this? I don't doubt you, I just wanna see it myself :)

Edited by Jedi

Where do I even start.

Marth needs some serious reworking, a lot of his animations don't match up with the hitboxes (like Meta Knight used to be). Dolphin Slash's hitboxes need to be increased horizontally so that it can function properly as a combo breaker/kill move OOS and not be almost entirely inferior to Crescent Slash. He needs body hitboxes like he used to have in Melee (Roy still has these, so I don't see why not) so that he doesn't whiff at point-blank range. They've done a lot of good work in fixing Dancing Blade so far, but the second hit still constantly misses, so it'd be good to see that part changed back to the old animation/hitbox. UThrow and BThrow are actually pretty fine as is, but DThrow and FThrow could stand to be much more like Roy's. Also, it doesn't matter too much, but I'd appreciate it if Shield Breaker was un-nerfed and could actually break shields again. Obligatory landing lag/autocancels mention.

Really, I'd gladly take a huge nerf to his stupid high (and yet completely useless) kill power if it meant some of these could get done.

Lucina would need to be kept up to speed too, however I think it'd be really cool if they changed her speed and air speed to be different from Marth and balance her attacks accordingly. Not gonna happen at this point though.

It was really nice to see them balancing customs a few patches ago. A lot of the ones people like to call "jank" got nerfed (and yet people are still saying this...) and some of the worse ones got buffed (Bowser's Fireball custom is now a really cool and viable option...!)

I'd like it if they kept this up, because customs mean a lot to me and there are a lot of terrible ones that could use some buffs.

Oh, while I'm at it, give customs to the DLC characters please.

I'd talk about other characters but this post is long enough as is, so I'll save it for later.

Swapping a few of the worse characters' specials with their customs would probably help a bit with regards to . Link would appreciate having classic 'rang again, Palutena very much wants Lightweight and Marth/Lucina could benefit from Crescent Slash. There's a bunch of characters though who don't really get much from customs, and are pretty flawed in their overall design. Zelda and Mac probably need major reworks to become semi-viable.

Give Mac his old Side B

Give DDD -40 frames on his neutral B (esp when swallowing)

Give Samus the ability to retain her Charge beam if she gets interrupted while firing, like ROB has, and let it charge in the air like rob's Gyro

Buff links upthrow to earlier kill%s.

Up Palutena's neutralB damage% by 1% per hit

Increase Taunts Per Match TimeLimit in FG by 3

And above all else, increase the YouTube process limit to more that 3 minutes

Shiek, Rosa( I am sorry I meant Luma) and Zero suit. I give shiek less slack due to her not having kill moves.

Buff the lower tiers. Ikes smash attacks less start up and buff Robin and Ganons grab. Its horrible. I will think of more later

Something that I'm appalled hasn't been done yet in any patch so far is letting Zelda use Din's Fire in the air without being put into helpless.

Like, seriously, why???

For the same reason you can't use DK's neutral B in midair without being put into helpless.

I just want buffs to the low tiers, all the high and top tiers are fine as they are, despite how much a loathe Luma.

Biased toward my two mains, but I'd love to see some buffs on both Jigglypuff and Palutena.

Jigglypuff:

-I would love to see a kill-throw. Perhaps, is it too much to ask for, if up-throw can kill at ~135%? Maybe it's a low percentage, relatively speaking, but Jiggs doesn't do much ground game, so grabbing and throwing would be a risk-reward thing by going into a discomfort zone.

-Throw combos. Adjust the knockback of d-throw so that at low percentages, d-throw--->short hop nair is a true combo.

-Make the tornado effect of dair less erratic so that the dair--->rest combo can work a little better.

-Rest would be nice to have a bit of a buff in terms of knockback.

Palutena:

-Widen the beam slightly for u-smash and give it a few more frames before it disappears.

-Increase the damage of auto-reticle.

-Increase walk and dash speed. She's a speedy glass cannon which requires precision and accuracy. Her movelag on a whiff is reminiscent of heavy characters, but she isn't heavy. There should be some more speed there to balance out that issue.

-Increase KB on the counter.

-Decrease KB slightly on d-throw.

------------------------

I'll think of more when I get a chance.

Please just fix Mewtwo's hitboxes. They helped him a but, but his up-tilt, bair and up air hitboxes are horrible.

Zelda's side B shouldn't leave her in helpless state when used in the air.

Dk needs some super armor on down smash.

Lucas need to have less lag on either some of his specials or his smashes.

Plz.

I'd love for Mewtwo to be buffed so that he can be as good as he is in his actual games. Also Marth/Lucina, but I'm a broken record on that point.

I'd love for Mewtwo to be buffed so that he can be as good as he is in his actual games. Also Marth/Lucina, but I'm a broken record on that point.

Actually convo between Refa and Sakurai

Refa: Lord Marth invites you to the Buff Isle, Lord Marth invites you to the Buff Isle...

it's more entertaining to play with characters like sheik who have more than two things to do, so i just want the lower tiers to be buffed (read: almost everyone).

make most of Dorf's slower moves come out a couple frames faster; not a huge amount, but two frames quicker here or there to make him more viable.

PLEASE buff Mii Swordfighter already...

It's been buffed in most patches, believe it or not.

I'd like to see Palutena and Jigglypuff buffs. Extend the hitbox on Tuna's Dair so that it's active for more than one frame. Making her FTilt similar to her Nair would be really cool. Less landing lag on UAir would be nice too. Not sure what to do with Puff because she needs like everything.

Also fwiw, Nairo said he didn't notice any changes to Sheik, ZSS, Rosalina or Zelda.