Buffs/Nerfs you'd like to see in the Corrin/Bayo patch.

Jedi

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been buffed in most patches, believe it or not.

No, it hasn't. I read about every patch once they come out, none of them have said any changes were made to Mii Swordfighter. Also, I've been maining the character for awhile, and the Mii I use doesn't feel any different from when I first started using him.

Edited by Anacybele

No, it hasn't. I read about every patch once they come out, none of them have said any changes were made to Mii Swordfighter. Also, I've been maining the character for awhile, and the Mii I use doesn't feel any different from when I first started using him.

You might want to read this then. It's been buffed.

Pretty much all of the balance patches (and not glitch fix patches) have buffed Mii Swordfighter. The only one that hasn't is 1.1.3.

You might want to read this then. It's been buffed.

Pretty much all of the balance patches (and not glitch fix patches) have buffed Mii Swordfighter. The only one that hasn't is 1.1.3.

Well then, I must've read those patch notes before the changes were found or something... But all these buffs and the Mii Swordfighter is still considered low tier? That's really pathetic...

Do you read the smashboards posts, where they breka down the frame-by-frame data changes per patch?

Well then, I must've read those patch notes before the changes were found or something... But all these buffs and the Mii Swordfighter is still considered low tier? That's really pathetic...

Lists are more determined by what people know of characters and results. Barely any players use Mii Swordfighter and as a result their meta hasn't really been played with yet.

Lists are more determined by what people know of characters and results. Barely any players use Mii Swordfighter and as a result their meta hasn't really been played with yet.

Well, I wish people would start to. I'd certainly like to know how viable one of my mains is in tourneys. xP

EDIT: Actually, yes, Elie, I did read Smashboards posts.

Edited by Anacybele

Buff my favorites to be better, namely Roy, Marth, Charizard and Samus. Mewtwo seems like he's on his way to getting better but he needs more still, like better follow-ups out of throws. I can't really think of a way to buff Ganondorf that wouldn't change the kind of character he is.

Now, to get into specifics:

Marth: Just decrease aerial lag and landing lag in general. Make sure he has a good kill move he can use to kill below 100% please other than side smash

Roy: Increase koopa clown car damage not much to do here, maybe decrease landing lag on fair? I dunno how to improve him

Charizard: Increase air speed and reduce landing lag on fair, maybe make it quicker. Increase uair's hitbox size and maybe make his upthrow a bit more lethal

Samus: fix jab, make nair comparable to Melee nair, buff missiles in speed and power, actually you know what? Just add Melee Samus

What has they balancing team been doing, then?

not nerfing a character that isn't broken. sheik already has a few 50-50 MUs. if you're uptight about balancing out the game as much as possible, then other characters can be buffed. besides, from a casual perspective, if sheik gets a major nerf, what will be the point of using her? her KO potential in free for alls already sucks as it is (i don't care about this, but the balancing team surely must).

I can't really think of a way to buff Ganondorf that wouldn't change the kind of character he is.

melee down throw, slightly faster run speed, better jab, and an autocancel on full hop fair. basically, melee ganon.

Edited by Comet

not nerfing a character that isn't broken. sheik already has a few 50-50 MUs. if you're uptight about balancing out the game as much as possible, then other characters can be buffed. besides, from a casual perspective, if sheik gets a major nerf, what will be the point of using her? her KO potential in free for alls already sucks as it is (i don't care about this, but the balancing team surely must).

Couldn't agree more really, if you don't like a match up or a character a lot just practice against them more so you know how to fight them rather than hoping for nerfs on them. None of the top tiers are even as close to broken as prepatch diddy or brawl meta knight. The top tiers don't deserve nerfs, the low tiers deserve buffs. why not just make the game brawl minus...

I had no idea of this, thank you for informing me. Thats actually really wonderful news. Although it sounds fairly implausable to get everyone into a balanced zone, without like taking out some advanced techniques which I hope they don't resort to doing...

Do you have a source on this? I don't doubt you, I just wanna see it myself :)

I actually don't have a source on-hand, as I got this from people in my discord group on multiple occasions. But if there is, it's probably under a Nintendo Life article, as that's where most of my friends usually get their info from. (Plus it helps having a personal insider within said group)

I can probably find it somewhere in my discord group, ask my friends for a source article, or barring all of that, a simple google search should help me find something.

Edited by Falaflame

Meta Knight needs reduced startup lag on Mach Tornado and Drill Rush, both of which are completely worthless in the neutral. The end lag is bad enough to make them punishable, so why do they have large startup lag as well?

I feel like I'm fine with Robin where they are.

I've been using Shulk to try and practice with spacing for Kamui's forward smash, and whoever suggested they nerf Shulk's range probably doesn't know that it's all they have going for them in combination with Monado arts for rushdown. You sometimes just barely have an opening that the Monado range can capitalize on.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I agree with MrStardustRicon, nerfing characters just make the game boring, boosting underused characters bring some life to the meta game.

I disagree to some extent, partially because what also makes a metagame boring is when a combo is too broken and overused. I can understand a lot of the nerfs being annoying, but I personally think that nerfing Diddy's "Hoo-Hah" that ZeRo was famous for and nerfing some of Luigi's d-throw combos were necessary. You can buff characters all you want, but if a combo is too OP as to be broken, it needs to be nerfed.

With that being said, I hope Sakurai will consider nerfing ZSS's combo of d-throw-->full jump u-air--->up-special. Seriously, that combo can kill someone who's at 15%-20%.

(Video of aforementioned combo... I lose all three of my lives to the very same combo)

Seriously, every ZSS player out there tries to do it (with varying degrees of success) to the point it's trite, boring, and predictable... but extremely frustrating when you're caught in it. In fact, ZeRo's first tournament loss in 50+ tournaments came from a ZSS abusing that combo (I think Leffen was the one who did it to him).

EDIT: Also, another buff that Jigglypuff could have is that all Rest KO's are star KO's. I can't tell you how many times they get KO'd upward, but because it wasn't a star KO, they come back and kill me before I wake up. It's frustrating. Rest is already risky enough without being able to finally pull it off, only to be revenge killed.

Edited by FoxwolfJackson

nerfing some of Luigi's d-throw combos were necessary.

Why, exactly? Was he ever able to get easy KOs out of them? I've used a few of those combos and I could never KO anyone that fast with him. Also, even if they did have to be nerfed, they didn't have to be to where Luigi was dropped two full tiers in the list. Why couldn't he be pushed only to high tier instead of the low middle? (he was in the top tier before)

In fact, now I hope Luigi gets a couple buffs to bring him to high tier.

Edited by Anacybele

Luigi was never top tier, people just whined about what he got from grabs. He could get up to 70% off grabs (which other characters can do already) and had a kill "confirm" that could be escaped. Nobody thought about how his mobility and shield options were poor and still are.

anybody whining about combos doesn't understand that he/she deserves it if he/she is hit. By the way, tournament players are always going to choose the best option they can think of, so there is no reason for them to not choose to use whatever gives the most damage / will KO.

Edited by Comet