Bloodline, Loyalty, or Neither?

CaitlynMellark

Hey! Lookie! A poll!  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Which Side Would You Choose In Real Life?

2. 2. Which Side Did You Choose For Game?

I would choose Hoshido or neither. I couldn't choose Nohr.

Even if the Nohrian loved you, it does not change the fact that you were a prisioner, and who's to say Garon wouldn't lock there again, and this time isolate you from your sibilings? It's a undeniable possibility.

The people of Hoshido were welcoming toward you, except for Takumi.

And remember the king and queen of that country, and the queen being your mother no less, they both died protecting you.

I couldn't in good consience side with the people that are trying invade the country that, those who died protecting me, loved so much.

It sounds terribly ungrateful.

Even if the invaders raised and loved you.

Edited by Water Mage

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would side with Nohr to be honest. Blood doesn't decide family for me, the people who care about me do. I would not hold anything against the Hoshido siblings and would want to get to know them, but if I had to make a choice it would be Nohr. Of course first order of business is to try and find a way to show the Nohr siblings that Garon is not a good person and needs to be stopped. Would also try and overthrow him BEFORE Hoshido is completely destroyed, not after. Game wise I chose Nohr for the harder difficulty and map objectives, and Revalations so I can get a mix of everything without buying Hoshido too.

I would side with Nohr to be honest. Blood doesn't decide family for me, the people who care about me do. I would not hold anything against the Hoshido siblings and would want to get to know them, but if I had to make a choice it would be Nohr. Of course first order of business is to try and find a way to show the Nohr siblings that Garon is not a good person and needs to be stopped. Would also try and overthrow him BEFORE Hoshido is completely destroyed, not after. Game wise I chose Nohr for the harder difficulty and map objectives, and Revalations so I can get a mix of everything without buying Hoshido too.

Just throwing it out there for the sake of argument, but what makes you think that your Hoshido family doesn't care about you?

Just throwing it out there for the sake of argument, but what makes you think that your Hoshido family doesn't care about you?

Well, from what I've seen as unspoilered as I am, they never actually try to get you back before the choice happens.

Edited by MCProductions

Well, from what I've seen as unspoilered as I am, they never actually try to get you back before the choice happens.

Trust me, they did a lot to get you back. Why do you think Azura's at Hoshido?

And whole reason Hinoka is a pegasus knight is because she thought she could fly all the way to Nohr to rescuse you.

And she did try that as a child!

In real life I guess I'd choose Nohr. I'm someone who doesn't really like change and if I've grown up caring about/being cared for by a group of 'siblings,' I don't think I could just forsake them for a group of virtual strangers, even if it is the right thing to do. If I had been raised in Nohr as well I think their ideals may have been imprinted on me anyway so I'd probably be happy to do it.

As for in-game, I choose Nohr for difficulty and characters even though the story sucks, and also third-path. Haven't played Hoshido but looking forwrd to eventually doing it when it comes out in English maybe. I just find it pretty hard NOT to be with the Nohr characters since I'm so fond of them and I can always use Revelation to get Saizo.

That's a pretty big assumption.

IIRC they did attempt to get you back on several campaigns but always failed, resulting instead in the capture of Azura.

Assuming they didn't, it could be simple pragmatism.

Getting you back would require either a full scale invasion or acts of espionage deep into enemy territory, both of which could easily fail, trigger wars, and lead to the person they were trying to save being executed by Garon out of spite.

This is kind of difficult for me, because it's less a question of blood vs bond as loyalty against morality.

Nohr's war doesn't line up with my morals, but I still have the lifelong bond I had with those people. Hoshido lines up with my ethics, but I barely know those people, and they may not trust me. So it's a hard choice.

I'd probably choose the third route.

Considering Kamui 's experience up to the big decision, negative: been in an assassination attempt or unknowingly caused one, lived isolated in a tower, and

/Gunter's support w/ Kamui spoilers ahead/

being starved or whipped at a young age depending on the gender.

Positive: interacting with their chosen army/siblings, being in new places, treating the servants (Gunter, Joker, Felicia, Lilith, Flora) like family, and meeting their mother again.

I think they'd choose the third route as well.

Edited by Raumata

Think of it like this, AsherCrane (as well as everyone else who feels conflicted). Say a family member that you've long respected and cared for and that held the same respect and care for you goes and kills an innocent person. On purpose. And it's not on a battlefield or anything. Would you try to cover it up/hide him or her from the cops/whatever due to your bond with him/her or turn him/her in and get justice for the family of the person that died?

I would go with the latter, even if the killer was my own mother who I've long loved and respected. It would be hard and I would be very disappointed in her, but I'd rather be unselfish and think of the family that just lost a loved one. Especially since my brother was indirectly killed by his girlfriend. So I know this sort of pain and I wouldn't want another, good family to have to go through that, even if one of my own loved ones did the killing.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm not voting in the poll since I plan on picking my route at the actual choice depending on how the characters made an impression on me. Of course I'm also duplicating myself as the avatar so my boon and bane will probably suck. Which is really the only reason I'm not starting on Lunatic. Going Lunatic Nohr with -HP or -Str with a healer subclass sounds really dumb.

I'm not voting in the poll since I plan on picking my route at the actual choice depending on how the characters made an impression on me. Of course I'm also duplicating myself as the avatar so my boon and bane will probably suck. Which is really the only reason I'm not starting on Lunatic. Going Lunatic Nohr with -HP or -Str with a healer subclass sounds really dumb.

Did you by it digital? Considering your option is set in stone depending on the edition of the physical one you buy...

Probably Nohr for both game and real life. I'd consider the guys who raised me my real family...even if they hadn't sabotaged that alleged real family for some cheap fanservice.

Nohr's justification could also play some part in the decision. If the country I was raised in was dirt poor while the neighbors ''hogged'' all resources for themselves I might want to do something for my country in return (If I wasn't a massive coward of course :D)

I'm actually considering changing my vote to Hoshido, because of my non conformist tendencies

Heh, as I think you should. It's up to you whether you want to change it or not.

To be honest, I'd rather not cause a big debate in here or anything about what's right or wrong, because I just know it wouldn't be pretty and I don't think I could debate on it without offending others. So I think I'll just be quiet on that here... I just made that earlier post about a killing scenario to imply that I feel siding with Nohr would be little different from defending the killer whom is someone you cared for and cared about you in that scenario.

EDIT: Etrurian: Dude...what? What's this about resources and someone being poor? Is this some spoiler? Because if it is, please put spoiler tags on it. -_-

Edited by Anacybele