If a Fire Emblem villain was in Smash, who would it be?

Mighty Minotaur

Well, Robin delivered the population of one country to the mercy of the Risen and the Grimleal, resulting in them being sacrificed to revive Grima. She also threw the continent of Valm into a massive power vacuum, that considering how the various dynasties were described, will inevitable lead to a new era of bloody civil wars. One could of course assume that they took care of this somehow if it wasn't later clarified that the Grimleal were free to do with the population of Plegia as they pleased, so it's ludicrous to assume that they somehow cleaned up that other mess offscreen. She also had the gall to claim to towards Validar that she changed the world for the better, despite all the death and chaos she caused across two continents.

However, neither of these things make her a villain, just a narcissistic sociopath who sucks at that whole "being a hero" thing but is deluded enough to think otherwise.

Edited by BrightBow

Hardin would be great and really interesting! Since he adds a lot to the table.

Though, the Black Knight is way more iconic so I think he would be the best addition.

None because FE has weird body types for villains. Either horses or old magic men.

If I had to, it would be Gangrel. Other FE antagonists would be really awkward, but Gangrel would have speed and the Levin Sword.

Well, Robin delivered the population of one country to the mercy of the Risen and the Grimleal, resulting in them being sacrificed to revive Grima. She also threw the continent of Valm into a massive power vacuum, that considering how the various dynasties were described, will inevitable lead to a new era of bloody civil wars. One could of course assume that they took care of this somehow if it wasn't later clarified that the Grimleal were free to do with the population of Plegia as they pleased, so it's ludicrous to assume that they somehow cleaned up that other mess offscreen. She also had the gall to claim to towards Validar that she changed the world for the better, despite all the death and chaos she caused across two continents.

However, neither of these things make her a villain, just a deluded sociopath who sucks at that whole "being a hero" thing.

could you like not

all you ever do is complain about awakening and fates please get over it

could you like not

all you ever do is complain about awakening and fates please get over it

I guess you've only seen a rather unfortunate selection of my posts. Or maybe the other ones just didn't leave much of an impact on you. Either way, I was merely pointing out that while the above suggestion of Robin has some merit, she nevertheless doesn't fit the roll of a villain.

Edited by BrightBow

The Black Knight, no question. He seems to be the most iconic and well known given that he got a Mii costume and a trophy. And he's badass. <3

Edited by Anacybele

However, neither of these things make her a villain, just a narcissistic sociopath who sucks at that whole "being a hero" thing but is deluded enough to think otherwise.

I wish that was Robin's character.

Anyway, Hardin would be cool. Zelgius or Sephiran could also be really cool. I don't think Micaiah really counts but Micaiah in Smash would make me the most hyped man alive.

Edited by kantoorfarina

None because FE has weird body types for villains. Either horses or old magic men.

If I had to, it would be Gangrel. Other FE antagonists would be really awkward, but Gangrel would have speed and the Levin Sword.

this except also add "guys in huge armor" since zephiel black knight and hardin could never work due to that (how would they even jump)

none of them would really work except gangrel or sephiran, and neither of them seem like they would be particularly interesting characters, since neither of them have any real defining characteristics

oh also lyon i guess i never beat sacred stones

Edited by maybe

Yeah, I think the Black Knight would be the "obvious" choice (unless you a Dragon/Manakete character, that might be interesting, but honestly I feel like they are usually not the bad guys so much as being manipulated by someone else...)

The amount of salt from having a giant purple dragon from Fire Emblem in Smash before Ridley would blanket the Earth.

It makes me wonder if Corrin has a purple color edit. That salt could be a lot closer than we think.

What about Sephiran for mage types? Or how about Ashnard? He could easily be a tank type like Ike, but with Shulk's range, Ganondorf's speed, and Bowser's bulk.

Black Knight would be the most obvious, but I would be worried that he would play too similar to Ike. I think the best option for a villian would be Sephiran. He doesn't use a sword so that makes him different already, and If I remember correctly some of his concept art shows him with a staff. You can actually include that into his fighting, which would make him a really interesting fighter having a staff and magic to use.

I'd say the BK would be heavier and more powerful than even Ike. And he doesn't use Aether, he'd get Eclipse instead. Quick Draw also wouldn't really fit him. He'd have slow walking speed and some slow moves, but he'd run fast because of his Branded heritage and have a few fast attacks. He can't recover very well due to how heavy he is though. He falls fast.

Edited by Anacybele

I'd say the BK would be heavier and more powerful than even Ike. And he doesn't use Aether, he'd get Eclipse instead. Quick Draw also wouldn't really fit him. He'd have slow walking speed and some slow moves, but he'd run fast because of his Branded heritage and have a few fast attacks. He can't recover very well due to how heavy he is though. He falls fast.

While all of that is true I don't put as much faith in Sakurai as others do. With how different of a character Lucina could have been compared to how she turned out I would be worried Black Knight might be in a similar situation. I don't know, maybe I am too skeptical of these things.

I honestly don't see a FE villain ever showing up in Smash. They're either not popular or feel too generic (or both), and the series is hardly remembered for its villains.

I do think that the BK could work as a Stage Hazard/Boss, though.

Edited by Jave

While all of that is true I don't put as much faith in Sakurai as others do. With how different of a character Lucina could have been compared to how she turned out I would be worried Black Knight might be in a similar situation. I don't know, maybe I am too skeptical of these things.

Don't worry, that's fair. I still question why Ike doesn't have a Ragnell shockwave attack...