If a Fire Emblem villain was in Smash, who would it be?

Mighty Minotaur

Don't worry, that's fair. I still question why Ike doesn't have a Ragnell shockwave attack...

same, it should replace eruption. Eruption never made sense to me. I don't recall any time Ike exploded with fire. That and I think they should find a way to implement Urvan into his style.

same, it should replace eruption. Eruption never made sense to me. I don't recall any time Ike exploded with fire. That and I think they should find a way to implement Urvan into his style.

Ike did get surrounded by fire when Yune loaned him her power at the final battle in RD, but Ragnell never had any fire powers. The blue flames are cool tho, I admit. I actually would rather that Counter got replaced with Eruption and then standard B would be the shockwave. Ike was never able to use the Counter skill in his games, it makes no sense for him to have it in Smash.

Ike did get surrounded by fire when Yune loaned him her power at the final battle in RD, but Ragnell never had any fire powers. The blue flames are cool tho, I admit. I actually would rather that Counter got replaced with Eruption and then standard B would be the shockwave. Ike was never able to use the Counter skill in his games, it makes no sense for him to have it in Smash.

Radiant Dawn? All you have to do is take Titania's and give it to Ike.

Not that that matters. It's based on counter-attacking and not the skill.

technically almost none of the fire emblem characters in smash can use counter

ike could if you gave him titania's in radiant dawn, actually, although he might have to lose it after promotion

marth was never in a game that had skills

i'm pretty sure lucina can't get it unless it's passed down from chrom and i don't know how awakening kids work but she probably won't have it on most playthroughs

roy was never in a game that had skills

corrin probably can get counter but his is like a dragon counter thing

i'm pretty sure the counter comes more from just how in fire emblem characters automatically counterattack when they can

Guys you're wrong. Sakurai himself said in his last interview about FE that the Counter move is said to represent enemy phases in the game, where your enemy attacks and the player counter attacks, that's the sense of the smash move.

Edit: Also, totally agree with Jave. FE doesn't have a representative villain comparative to something like Bowser or Dorf.

Edited by Quintessence

Our lord and master BK seem to be the obvious choice. Alas, since we got his clothes for the Miis, it's unlikely we'll have ever, ever have him playable. Approve this post if you want to cry. D:

What about a mage villain like Lyon, Nergal, or Alvis ? That would be pretty badass. There's also Ashnard, or dat heron dude whom I forgot his real name.

Hail the OP weapons btw.

Edited by B.Leu

Clearly Oliver is the correct choice here, everyone.

The Black Knight is sort of an obvious choice, not because the saga he's from is my favourite, but because he's had much time in the spotlight in each game.

I mean, most bosses appear at the end of the game and never again after that, while the Black Knight is a nemesis to Ike and as such a more important antagonist in my eyes.

Sakurai himself said in his last interview about FE that the Counter move is said to represent enemy phases in the game, where your enemy attacks and the player counter attacks, that's the sense of the smash move.

I lol at Sakurai saying that, 'cause the only FE character without a counter is a tactician. I guess Robin didn't anticipate the enemy phase... xD

Yup, here it is for those interested:

Interviewer: In Smash, a lot of Fire Emblem characters have “counter” moves. Is there a reason behind that?

Sakurai: That comes directly from the Fire Emblem games. In Fire Emblem, first you have your attack phase, and then the enemy attacks. That pattern repeats itself, so to express the nature of those battles, I gave them counter moves…although Robin doesn’t have one (laughs). Robin doesn’t seem like a counterattack-type character to me.

Interviewer: Robin is a character who’s more about ranged attacks anyway.

Sakurai: Moreover, I thought it would be more fun to include an attack that can absorb percentage, like Nosferatu. Of course, the initial tactician class can’t use Nosferatu. But Ike doesn’t use projectile attacks with Ragnell, either, so it’s all part of balancing the game. Knowing the source material and then making each of the fighters unique is how they ended up the way they are today.

For more info: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/12/13/sakurai-fe25/