So... any word of a Pre-Load?

Big Klingy

Japan got the pre-load for this game about a month before release. It's almost 2 weeks till the US release and still no sign of a preload. Last I checked the game didn't even have an entry on the E Shop, just trailers.

Not only that, the Japanese digital version worked uniquely compared to the retail version. (Came with neither campaign, you downloaded one for free at the decision point) I'm a little suspicious that we've heard no word on a digital version AL ALL for the US version, especially this close to release. And retailers have been selling DLC pre-orders, even though the DLC is not on the E Shop yet.

This leads me to believe one of two things are occurring, either the "best case" scenario (and my blatant wishful thinking) or the "worst case".

Best Case (my wishful thinking that probably won't be true): We get a free demo that covers Chapters 1-5. Know how demos these days demos often let you transfer data to the final game? Well what if that happened here? You play up to the decision point in the demo, then when the game releases you purchase either Hoshido or Nohr, thereby "making your choice" and continuing from there, with all your demo progress carried over. Would be cool, but probably won't happen.

Worst Case: Fates doesn't get a digital version AT ALL. You have to buy either physical game at retail, the other route DLC is only for owners of physical copies. I doubt this seeing as Awakening got a digital release, but again, with no info in a digital version this close to release, I'm worried.

(The reason I'm worried is I live outside the US but own a US 3DS, so I HAVE to get the digital version. At this point it's probably too late to order a physical copy and have it arrive on time)

Has the prospect of a pre-load been discussed by Nintendo at all? Just wondering.

Edited by Big Klingy

Japan got the pre-load for this game about a month before release. It's almost 2 weeks till the US release and still no sign of a preload. Last I checked the game didn't even have an entry on the E Shop, just trailers.

Not only that, the Japanese digital version worked uniquely compared to the retail version. (Came with neither campaign, you downloaded one for free at the decision point) I'm a little suspicious that we've heard no word on a digital version AL ALL for the US version, especially this close to release. And retailers have been selling DLC pre-orders, even though the DLC is not on the E Shop yet.

This leads me to believe one of two things are occurring, either the "best case" scenario (and my blatant wishful thinking) or the "worst case".

Best Case (my wishful thinking that probably won't be true): We get a free demo that covers Chapters 1-5. Know how demos these days demos often let you transfer data to the final game? Well what if that happened here? You play up to the decision point in the demo, then when the game releases you purchase either Hoshido or Nohr, thereby "making your choice" and continuing from there, with all your demo progress carried over. Would be cool, but probably won't happen.

Worst Case: Fates doesn't get a digital version AT ALL. You have to buy either physical game at retail, the other route DLC is only for owners of physical copies. I doubt this seeing as Awakening got a digital release, but again, with no info in a digital version this close to release, I'm worried.

(The reason I'm worried is I live outside the US but own a US 3DS, so I HAVE to get the digital version. At this point it's probably too late to order a physical copy and have it arrive on time)

Has the prospect of a pre-load been discussed by Nintendo at all? Just wondering.

I believe the November Direct actually briefly showed off the digital versions, and it's not like Japan's: both games have individual releases. Maybe that wasn't shown off in the NOE Direct.

We've still got the better part of three weeks; I wouldn't be surprised if they don't put up the pre-load option until about a week before release.

If you pre-order the digital version, they will send you a download code 72 hours in advance so you can preload the game.EFNS9WI.png

But aren't these links only for those that live in Canada and US?

I tried and couldn't use it.

And I use the canadian eShop since there isn't a brazilian one.

The DLC Pack will be available on the eshop Day 1 right? I've yet to buy the pack on retail, but maybe I should soon.

Edited by ChocolaChao

The DLC Pack will be available on the eshop Day 1 right? I've yet to buy the pack on retail, but maybe I should soon.

Pretty sure it will. Just remember that even though you're buying all the DLC at once, you'll still have to wait for each individual DLCs release.

Does anyone know if this is all the DLC that there's going to be? Or is IS working on stuff that hasn't come out yet?

Does anyone know if this is all the DLC that there's going to be? Or is IS working on stuff that hasn't come out yet?

There hasn't been official word, but even with all of the DLC there is now, there isn't any max difficult DLC. Plus, I think I recall hearing somewhere about a placeholder on NoJ's website for DLC Pack 3 (our Map Pack 1 is Packs 1 and 2 for them)

Well, the pre-loads of both games are available now on the eShop, but unlike the Japanese version, Birthright and Conquest are both separate versions, and the eShop mentions not to get both of them if you want one game to be DLC of the other.

Oh, good to know, whenever this will come to EU i want to buy every path digitally (no shop with gaems for nintendo here) so good you said that, i would loose more money XD

aww I wish there was a demo. I am going to the midnight release at my local gamestop tho so meh.

I pre-ordered it from gamestop, so I get both the pleasure of having had to go through the pre-order process, as well as not being able to preload it.

This pretty much solved the OP's answer! Thanks!

Well... that was very well timed. I'm a bit annoyed we don't get Japan's digital version though, because that was the only one that truly let you "choose". (That messes up my plans for the choice, I was originally going to go through the game without knowing which I'd choose, and leave it up to an Amiibo battle when I got to Chapter 6. Now I'm going to have to do that in advance if I want to pre-load.)

Well... that was very well timed. I'm a bit annoyed we don't get Japan's digital version though, because that was the only one that truly let you "choose". (That messes up my plans for the choice, I was originally going to go through the game without knowing which I'd choose, and leave it up to an Amiibo battle when I got to Chapter 6. Now I'm going to have to do that in advance if I want to pre-load.)

While its not the best situation you still do have a choice when playing the game. From what I've heard, the choice is still there at chapter 6 but if you choose the opposite faction of the game that you bought then have to pay $20 and download it after the chapter. I know that you want to pre-load it so you don't have to break up game play but if you really want that choice and are going to buy both versions anyway then the option is still there for you. Again its not the best thing that Nintendo could have done but we have to make due with what we have. Hopefully we will get a demo so people don't have to randomly pick a version.

While its not the best situation you still do have a choice when playing the game. From what I've heard, the choice is still there at chapter 6 but if you choose the opposite faction of the game that you bought then have to pay $20 and download it after the chapter. I know that you want to pre-load it so you don't have to break up game play but if you really want that choice and are going to buy both versions anyway then the option is still there for you. Again its not the best thing that Nintendo could have done but we have to make due with what we have. Hopefully we will get a demo so people don't have to randomly pick a version.

have they ever had a demo come out for a game that already went on the eshop? i've never heard of that?

Edited by goldenlance7