FE Special Edition Unboxing and Fates LiveStream Central

Elieson

This is like the girl who gets the fakeID to go clubbing when she's clearly 13 but the bouncer at the club is just like "eh whatever you're cute go on in idk"

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IM LAUGHIN' SO HARD and i have been for the last ten minutes. Its too hilarious. It would have been better if they just avoided referring to her age at all, but L M A O you guys...

tumblr_m7yffbdosz1qd3wk8.gif

The fact that they went out of their way to clarify LOOK GUYS. SHE IS AN ADULT. YOUR 12 YEAR OLD SISTER IS AN ADULT. Phew. Alright, great work guys. Now let's go work on the sexual innuendos in her support with Niles.

That and it feels really out of place so it's even more egregious.

The fact that they went out of their way to clarify LOOK GUYS. SHE IS AN ADULT. YOUR 12 YEAR OLD SISTER IS AN ADULT. Phew. Alright, great work guys. Now let's go work on the sexual innuendos in her support with Niles.

As an elder brother here, I genuinely needle my little (13 year old) sister to "act like an adult", and my brother did that to me.

It doesn't seem as out of place as some may think.

yeah but it will never stop being funny

[spoiler=I must have missed this]

tumblr_inline_o21o2fsfmk1tqxm6i_500.png

IM YELLIN'

...After this and "WE'VE GOT TROUBLE" showing up again in that other video, I'm starting to think they must be doing this on purpose. That's too ridiculous to be a sincere attempt to pretend she's 18, right?

They're watching us, aren't they?

As an elder brother here, I genuinely needle my little (13 year old) sister to "act like an adult", and my brother did that to me.

It doesn't seem as out of place as some may think.

Yeah, but Leo used the word "technically". Elise is technically an adult now, canonically. That's what makes it out of place.

Yeah, but Leo used the word "technically". Elise is technically an adult now, canonically. That's what makes it out of place.

For much of human society, as soon as you hit puberty you were technically an adult.

Maybe I'm too smart for my own good and immediately try to rationalize things.

Hopefully the game in the stream was a review copy. It would explain a lot of the odd and disjointed parts as well as the missing Japanese audio option.

Nup. Latter in the stream, he says that it's the full commercial copy. Sorry.

For much of human society, as soon as you hit puberty you were technically an adult.

Maybe I'm too smart for my own good and immediately try to rationalize things.

Well you are overanalytic. You are right though, in a lot of cultures you're considered an adult as soon as puberty starts, so they're probably considering her to be 15/16. She's going to have the same problem as Nowi though; it doesn't matter how old they actually are, the fact that they look and act 10-13 makes it uncomfortable for her to be S-rankable. Besides, at least they tried. I'd rather they age her up than let her remain 10-12, no matter how laughable the excuse is. A for effort and all that...

Edited by Phillius

Well you are overanalytic. You are right though, in a lot of cultures you're considered an adult as soon as puberty starts, so they're probably considering her to be 15/16. She's going to have the same problem as Nowi though; it doesn't matter how old they actually are, the fact that they look and act 10-13 makes it uncomfortable for her to be S-rankable. Besides, at least they tried. I'd rather they age her up than let her remain 10-12, no matter how laughable the excuse is. A for effort and all that...

I forgot my freaking member title for a moment. What.

And at least a short skirt with modesty shorts isn't as suggestive as a slave bikini with thigh-highs.

I forgot my freaking member title for a moment. What.

And at least a short skirt with modesty shorts isn't as suggestive as a slave bikini with thigh-highs.

Well I didn't say it would be as bad. I don't think it matters what she wears when Niles saying she has a great body, it'll still make me feel like I'm being put on a list.

Everyone's talking about the "Elise is technically an adult" thing and I'm just sitting here relieved that Iago doesn't sound like Excellus.

Personally I'm happy with most of them, but at the same time, mother of god are the bad ones bad. We've already all seen the "we've got trouble" but a couple of the others are equally abhorrent. Hinoka's VA is awful from what I've seen, and Effie's is just weirdly deep. As a couple other commenters here and elsewhere have noticed, it's kinda strange how some of the smaller part characters just kill their delivery and some of the main actors are so lacking.

I wasn't able to catch the stream. So the general consensus is that most of the voices are good? Or are there some horrible ones?

You would have to listen to them yourselves since some people think the voices are good, others think the voices are bad, etc.

Overall, imo, the voice are pretty good! There are some that are like "meh..." but I'm sure it's just a matter of hearing it constantly and then slowly getting used to it.

Can I just say, I really like Kagero's VA holy crap

She sounds a bit like Say'ri tbh and thats perfectly ok with me.

Everyone's talking about the "Elise is technically an adult" thing and I'm just sitting here relieved that Iago doesn't sound like Excellus.

Iago sounds like Gangrel and im really down with that too. ;) ;)

I'm on the boat of wanting a voice clip complilation video because I don't feel like watching the whole stream. However, 1:27:00 is around the time the skinship replacement starts if you want to watch that. It took me so long to actually find it in the stream.

I also find the Elise thing to be hilarious. I assumed they'd age her up to around 15/16, but if they really intend for it to be 18 and not the "in past societies you'd be considered an adult once puberty hit" kind of adult I'll laugh forever.

EDIT: Does this make NA Lissa 20 and Ricken 17/18 (maybe 17 because of him being considered too young initially but... :\)?

Edited by ladyfoster

What a coincidence that Pit from Kid Icarus, one of my favorite 3DS games, and Silas, my favorite character, have the same VA.

Now if only Silas could say "Floor ice cream gives you health!"

Edited by carefreejules

I'm surprised Gamexplain aren't doing a live stream...

Andre (the guy who totally failed at the preview event) got sent the Special Edition. He unboxed it in a video but said he'd be mailing it to Derrick (someone who has played Fire Emblem games before) to do the review. The only gameplay videos they have up are of the prologue cutscene and character customization so I'd figure Andre recorded those to have some content before shipping it out.