FE Special Edition Unboxing and Fates LiveStream Central

Elieson

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are the other two?

Relius Clover (Blazblue), for one; I forget who the other one is, but I know the meme was transplanted from another character who voiced onto Relius.

Yea, it seems like he definitely learning. His positioning got better through the video.

At one point in hi SS stream, he actually had a unit wait in front of the boss in order to minimize damage.

He's definitely getting better.

Edited by The DanMan

i can't get use to effie's voice omg, ahaaa

felicia's i'm starting to slowly! but effie i can't...i wonder what was their decision for giving her that voice besides the obvious "she's tough" purpose.

I think my main issue with Effie's voice is that it doesn't sound like a genuine voice. At least Felicia's voice sound's genuine, like a real person could have that kind of voice. She just has a nervous air in her tone which I find a little endearing. Effie on the other hand just sounds like some lady lowering her voice to sound like a stereotypical cave woman.

Felicia's voice is starting to grow on me. She actually sounded pretty good with her Private Quarters dialogue.

Really, I think some of her lines are just due to poor voice direction/delivery.

...Effie and Hinoka still kind of bug me, though. (Hinoka mostly because I swear she now has a different voice compared to what we heard from her in the E3 trailer...)

tumblr_o23tx7Ui7i1rzdrddo1_250.png

PROTECT THIS FACE AT ALL COSTS

My, what a precious face he has! So cute!

Effie's voice doesn't bother me as much as it initially did. It's definitely different, especially since she's got such a high and airy voice in JP but I suppose they're just going for something that reinforces the insane-strength part of her character.

EDIT: She sounds a bit like Laura Bailey doing her 'deep' voice when she says 'I'll be your shield.' She's probably not, but maybe that's why I got used to it so quickly.

Edited by nordopolica

I think my main issue with Effie's voice is that it doesn't sound like a genuine voice. At least Felicia's voice sound's genuine, like a real person could have that kind of voice. She just has a nervous air in her tone which I find a little endearing. Effie on the other hand just sounds like some lady lowering her voice to sound like a stereotypical cave woman.

yeah, exactly what i was thinking, but it annoys me a bit cuz it's like what they do on american cartoon shows, "oh someone's tough? let's automatically give them a gruffy voice", same thing with hinoka.

but there was one line i noticed in the stream, for Effie, that DID sound natural and actually sounded nice..once again, going to have to get use to it :"D

Little disappointed in the art book. The bits they showed were beautiful, and I really like the timeline and compilation of signatures, but I was hoping for passages detailing why certain aesthetic decisions were chosen and what they took inspiration from.

Granted, I knew it wasn't going to have that since it's only 80 pages, but it's still disappointing.

I agree, I'm also a tad disappointed. I guess I was expecting more page-filling artwork of battle scenes. I'm spoiled on other artbooks, apparently. XD

Does anyone know if there are any more live-streams coming up today/tonight? I live in Australia so I'm wondering if I need to make some coffee to stay up. :)

Does anyone know if there are any more live-streams coming up today/tonight? I live in Australia so I'm wondering if I need to make some coffee to stay up. :)

I remember the GameXplain dude said he had only 2 hours in total to showcase the game or something and he has already used them up (1 hour for Nohr and 1 hour for Hoshido). I don't know if that's the time limit Nintendo allowed them to showcase the game. If that's the case, I guess there are no more live streams, at least not anymore for Xplain or Polygon.