FE Special Edition Unboxing and Fates LiveStream Central

Elieson

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, his laugh is a little weird but otherwise he sounds fine. My immediate reaction to Hana was URGH WHAT but it grew on me real quick. Silas sounds real cute too, it's a good voice for him.

So it's just stream chat being stream chat? Good to know.

Something about how he described sibling S ranks makes me wonder... He says NoA wouldn't confirm or deny sibling marriages being there, and just replied with the same comment that "certain things have been changed." Could sibling S ranks have been changed to platonic paired endings? As far as I know A+ ranks don't have actual written supports, so maybe that's why they would still be classified as S and not A+...

I wouldnt be too arsed if that was a thing, but i doubt it is because children characters.

I don't know about the rest of you. But I am starting to like the dub. Felicia sounds a little rough, but I will get use to it

Exactly what I was thinking.

Most of the voices that I'm iffy about I've been getting pretty used to quite quickly, like Hinoka's and Xander's. Felicia's is still a little rough, but when the meme shock of WE'VE GOT TROUBLE wears off, I'll be good to go. That, and if you play as a girl you almost never have to hear her voice unless in battle.

[skills Names from the NA Localisation] (<> are personal skills, () are Serenes Forest translations)

Corrin has <Supportive> (Mysterious Appeal) / Nobility (Noble Lineage)

Felicia has <Devoted Partner> (Absolute Support) / Resistance +2 / Demoiselle

Gunter has <Forceful Partner> (Absolute Offense) / Shelter (Rescue) / Elbow Room (Open Assault)

Azura has <Healing Descant> (Healing Voice) / Luck +4

Kaze has <Miraculous Save> / Locktouch

Sakura has <Quiet Strength> (Little Cheer) / Miracle

Hana has <Fearsome Blow> (Tomboy) / Duelist's Blow (Flowing Strike)

Subaki has <Perfectionist> / Darting Blow (Swallow Strike)

Rinkah has <Fiery Blood> (Flame Blood) / Seal Resistance (Resistance Seal)

Also there is no term encompassing both Hoshidan and Nohrian weapons

We simply have

- Sword / Katana

- Axe / Club

- Lance / Naginata

- Tome / Spell

- Bow / Yumi

- Dagger / Shuriken

- Staff / Rod

(and no category like 'Hidden Weapon' which encompasses both Daggers and Shurikens)

Note though that this is an issue of terminology; they still have common weapon rank, but there is no name that contains both Hoshidan and Nohrian weapon for the same category (as shown in the description when one clicks the weapon icon above the unit inventory).

As suspected the standard E-level weapons for Hoshido are 'Brass' weapons (ex. Brass Katana, Brass Shuriken, Brass Club, etc. as shown in Ch. 2) unlike the 'Bronze' weapons of Nohr

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

Well that was a good stream. Lots of good stuff got discovered. Moving on about the skinship and dual audio topic.

I'm glad I'll get to play my favorite path (Revelation) off the bat once I get my Special Editions... again

Also what about the brigand weapons? I hope they do what I expect them to do.

I think Tsubaki sounds fine. His laugh is a little jarring, but I don't have a problem with him otherwise.

Pit-- I mean, Dark Pit-- I mean, Silas sounds good during his little protest toward Corrin.

I love Rinkah's response to the Avatar entering the shop. "Oh... you're here." Lol...

Gunter's seductive tone is freakin' hilarious, oh my god...

Kagerou sounds good from what little she said.

Felicia is the only one whom I still think sounds terrible. The rest are growing on me, even Hinoka and the not-so-deep voice of Xander.

I like how Hoshido seems more scathing toward Nohr, and how the siblings seem to have the impression that all Nohrians are savages. Makes things less black and white between the two kingdoms.

In regards to the skinship issue, I'm so relieved to know that they're still using the 2D models. They seem to be playing just the animation that happens after the face-rubbing is finished. What I'm wondering, though, is what animations and how much dialogue they're actually using. In the Japanese version, characters had three different animations and dialogue that would play after the fact depending on where they wanted to be petted, one tied to their head, one to their face, and one to their shoulders. I wonder if the English version will cycle through these animations randomly, like how the Japanese version randomly assigned one area they wanted to be petted, or if you get a specific one based on your support rank. Also, there was a lot of extra dialogue that played during the face-rubbing itself. I'll be a little bummed if that's all cut, but I am glad that we at least got something.

Edited by Delfino

I caught up too and yeah, Tsubaki's voice isn't that bad. I mean, I heard his laugh and was like "eh..." but when he said, "I'm always ready!" I thought he sounded fine.

Also this is going to sound really strange and possibly vague but Hana's voice definitely sounds like one of the female students in Persona 4 that was helping out with the Culture Festival.

It's a wonder how I'm able to make that connection.

The Item that allows promotion into Dread Fighter is Dread Scroll, and the item for promotion into Dark Falcon is called Ebon Wing. Also the stat-booster that comes for having multiple routes is called Dragon Herbs (all stats +1)

[spoiler=I must have missed this]

tumblr_inline_o21o2fsfmk1tqxm6i_500.png

IM YELLIN'

Well, 14/15/16 easily counted as "adult" for a large part of human culture, so they've got that at least.

Edited by The DanMan

I saw that too. Their attempts to avoid the lolicon are futile and hilarious.

I'm so glad I can marry my TOTALLY ADULT CHILD SISTER WHO IS 18 YEARS OLD.

IM LAUGHIN' SO HARD and i have been for the last ten minutes. Its too hilarious. It would have been better if they just avoided referring to her age at all, but L M A O you guys...

tumblr_m7yffbdosz1qd3wk8.gif

I noticed that line with Elise, too, lol. Figures they'd shoehorn some lines like those in somewhere.

Hmm... with the Marriage Seal being renamed Partner Seal, it makes me wonder what relationships they're going to change from "spouse" to "partner" like they did in Awakening. Grey and Midoriko would make sense at least, but I'd be kind of upset if they changed any for the first gen characters, like the male royals, and then you suddenly can't be the mother of Shinonome, Siegbert, Kisaragi, or Foleo. Hopefully that's not the case.

I also had a silly thought. I wonder if Rinkah retains that oh-so-enthusiastic tone when you walk into the shop if you're married to her, lol.