We Found Out What Happened To Skinship!

Captain Karnage

At least we get to see those Live2D models

and it's really cool that they actually kept some part of it

anyway I still have mixed feelings on the locialization and the lack of dual audio

Edited by Captain Karnage

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably too early to say anything about how well the Live2D animations translated into English, but at least the software means they didn't have to worry about matching lip-flaps.

I'm just glad that they didn't go the route of "invite person over, person comes in and says hello, fade to black" because that would've had even more suggestive connotations than skinship. XD

And I like that they kept the voiced dialogue, though only time will tell just how much of the dialogue made it to the English version.

It is a slight shame that some dialogue might be missing. (Most of them comes from their reaction to your petting, things like "Ah!, my hair?" etc.)

But to be honest, there are some good changes to this. For one, it's not very time-consuming so for people who don't really like to spend time rubbing every single unit like myself, don't find it very boring. Granted, this also feels like a voiced barrack conversation instead of a feature like in the Japanese version. It is played very safe but never the less, nothing too important is missing and I think I can be happy with that.

What I don't find is what on the hell the dual audio removal is that everyone in the livestream is talking about...

Edited by PuffPuff

I don't hate this. It's not the full skinship I was hoping for but I can definitely live with this. I'm glad they kept the Live2D models and I see that the dialogue is still there so there's hope that I'll get to hear Jakob go all Mulan with his "I'll Make a Mess Out of You" line after all. I'm kind of disappointed that it only lasts for a few seconds though. At least it isn't gone completely. As the guy in the video, whose name I don't remember at the moment, said: "It's better than nothing."

Also, unrelated to the topic: Are the 9 save files in the Special Edition not route exclusive? I guess since it's all on a single cartridge it makes sense. Great news all around today. Woo!

I guess I'm okay with this. I didn't like the whole "touchy-feely" thing, but now we get fully voiced awkward and probably preverted dialogue!

Edited by Power Master

I can settle for this. With NoAs track record the possibility of a full removal (Such as maniac mode in FE9 for example) was very real. Glad to see they attempted to keep something in.

If this keeps everything minus the actual physical contact I think it ends up better since I always found that really weird, not to mention redundant.

I can't wait to hear Liam O'Brien sweet talk me if he is returning to voice Laslow

"Did you know that gourds are bigger on the bottom because most of the nutrients go there? It's science. WHACHA!"

plz do it laslow

"Did you know that gourds are bigger on the bottom because most of the nutrients go there? It's science. WHACHA!"

plz do it laslow

omg what is this reference I must know

If it's Akihiko I totally do not remember him saying that oh my goodness

I do wish there was a little bit of a pause between when they start and stop talking so you can take in the models but w/e I can live. I was a bit weirded out with skinship at first but these changes make me a little more open to it. I may actually use it for support building between maps.

I like this idea. It makes more sense to have a conversation than to pet someone's face, and I'm pretty sure most people only cared about the skinship because of the Live2D models.