We Found Out What Happened To Skinship!

Captain Karnage

I've heard people have say that the voice actress might have changed her voice for her to make her sound a bit more mature? She sounds different, I agree but I think this could be possible.

well owain's voice actor has all but confirmed that he's odin and he sounds quite different now

which means even if it is him, we can still be afraid that he'll do it different and not as good! i doubt it'll be much different though

I want them to fucking 4kids it.

"I'll make a mess of you" into

"I'll get into a tickle fight with you"

yes

i'd pay for dlc that adds this

not even the lines themselves, just one that replaces the normal lines with these

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THis is honestly probably the best possible thing they could have done. THey keep the plot and gameplay effects, but cut the part that unintentionaly squicked out members of the culture that they are localizing for (also, i love how we can get the gameplay benefitts without repetitive tapping).

I'm wondering how many people actually canceled their preorders of the special edition to take a stand against censorship, only to regret that decision upon seeing what skinship is like.

Personally, I'd guess not many. Lots of people like to say things on the internet, but actually doing what they said is another matter entirely. And the ones who care enough about this that they actually would cancel their preorder probably wouldn't be placated by what we saw anyway.

As someone who canceled their SE pre-order, I don't regret it at all. I'm really not going to dish out $80 for a game that has cut/censored/modified content. Especially one I was looking forward to. I will however buy a single version of the game since they at least gave us the Live 2D models and the dialogue, now to wait if they do have most of the lines. Hopefully it isn't just 2-3 repeated lines like some wind up doll.

Having watched it now, it definitely feels too fast. They show up, sway around as they say their line, then it's over. No interaction, not much looking at them, no moving the camera.

I'm still glad it wasn't cut completely, but it feels like such a non-feature now. If I didn't know anything about the whole skinship thing, it would leave me as a player feeling very confused. Like, why did this pseudo-3d model just show up? Why are they used nowhere else in the game? Why is it only on the bottom screen? Nothing about this couldn't have been accomplished with their regular portraits.

Having watched it now, it definitely feels too fast. They show up, sway around as they say their line, then it's over. No interaction, not much looking at them, no moving the camera.

I'm still glad it wasn't cut completely, but it feels like such a non-feature now. If I didn't know anything about the whole skinship thing, it would leave me as a player feeling very confused. Like, why did this pseudo-3d model just show up? Why are they used nowhere else in the game? Why is it only on the bottom screen? Nothing about this couldn't have been accomplished with their regular portraits.

Don't they use it for S supports though?

I'm pleasantly surprised.

I would have preferred that we got the full, original Amie feature. If they had to remove the touching, this is the next best thing.

I was seriously considering cancelling my preorder and importing, to take a stand against censorship out of principle, but it turns out it's not nearly as bad, so I think I'll be keeping it, despite no Japanese voices.

They preserved the Live2D models, they have English voice acting for it, I hope they keep the neat character and story background tidbits that the characters told you in the Japanese version.

They would have toned down the lewdness of the dialogue even if they kept the original petting part in, so that would have happened anyway. I hope that the English dialogue has even more character background info for us to discover.

I'm curious as to what kind of dialogue they will have in the English version.

The main reason I was upset with the "removal" was that it was the removal of content, of artwork, voice, and story, but they found a way to keep all those in. I'm not completely happy that they altered it, but I'm satisfied they left all those things in. It's pretty much the same thing as the Japanese, but minus the touching, so it's not so bad after all.

Don't they use it for S supports though?

For the main character's S supports only, and it's the same kind of thing where it appears only briefly after the usual support conversation. I think that still wouldn't be enough to bother spending development time on normally. It just feels like an incomplete feature.

For the main character's S supports only, and it's the same kind of thing where it appears only briefly after the usual support conversation. I think that still wouldn't be enough to bother spending development time on normally. It just feels like an incomplete feature.

It sort of does. We are yet to see how many dialogues there are per character and if there are different and longer animations.

It's much better than them removing it entirely. We still have the character interaction and the art, and that's what matters to me.

As someone who canceled their SE pre-order, I don't regret it at all. I'm really not going to dish out $80 for a game that has cut/censored/modified content. Especially one I was looking forward to. I will however buy a single version of the game since they at least gave us the Live 2D models and the dialogue, now to wait if they do have most of the lines. Hopefully it isn't just 2-3 repeated lines like some wind up doll.

Gimme your SE preordeeeeeeeeeeeeer... lol Just kidding.

I can't wait to hear Liam O'Brien sweet talk me if he is returning to voice Laslow

There's a reason I married Inigo for all but my first and male playthroughs of Awakening, I love Inigo's voice.

Overall I'm pretty happy that we still get the voice clips. On the whole I'm alright with the localized voices, but I do agree some lines are delivered awkwardly/badly. I probably would have had fun messing around with skinship the same way I would with pokemon-amie, but would probably get bored of it after a bit (grinding the petting for a Sylveon >.>)

I just really wanted the voices to be back for Inigo's though I hope his didn't change too much

Thanks GOD skinship is confirmed as removed.

My game will not be soiled.

Bummer to hear the odd clamoring of the censorship apologists, but they probably feel likewise about those of us who were really excited for the feature. As it stands, I'm on the fence with Fates at the moment. This is honestly better than I'd expected we'd get, especially with how furtive Nintendo has been, but I'll still be waiting to hear from people who get the game firsthand as to my decision to buy. No dual audio is pretty terrible, but probably endurable, so it remains to be seen if they have the same number of lines for 'my room' interactions (imagine how old it would get if they were cheap and only had 1-2), and also how they handle the S rankings of various characters, notably the siblings. Hope they also don't tone down the lewdness for some of the lines, but that's a dim hope indeed.

Bummer to hear the odd clamoring of the censorship apologists, but they probably feel likewise about those of us who were really excited for the feature.

''Censorship apologist'' here ;): Yes I was quite happy that a feature I considered an out of place stain on the franchise to be gone. I actually sort of respect the people who were genuinely exited for Skinship. I think its a feature completely out of place in Fire emblem, potentially damaging to sales and reputation and just undignified. But this is just a difference of opinion which can happen in fandoms.

I'm fine with the people who wanted Skinship coming to its defends. If its removed completely they miss out and thus they are upset. Perfectly reasonable. Its the anti censorship crowd which irks me to no end. Those people rarely defend the merit of Skinship and frequently say ''I wasn't going to use it' or ''It was a terrible feature but...''. I see that as willingly defended a feature you know to be bad out of some ideological motive which I find unwelcome.

But this seems a nice compromise actually. People can no longer say they are missing out on loads of content, character interaction and gameplay benifits. People like myself won't be made to rubb every unit and we can be reasonably sure that out of place lewdness is gone or at least decreased. So...most people win?

''Censorship apologist'' here ;): Yes I was quite happy that a feature I considered an out of place stain on the franchise to be gone. I actually sort of respect the people who were genuinely exited for Skinship. I think its a feature completely out of place in Fire emblem, potentially damaging to sales and reputation and just undignified. But this is just a difference of opinion which can happen in fandoms.

I'm fine with the people who wanted Skinship coming to its defends. If its removed completely they miss out and thus they are upset. Perfectly reasonable. Its the anti censorship crowd which irks me to no end. Those people rarely defend the merit of Skinship and frequently say ''I wasn't going to use it' or ''It was a terrible feature but...''. I see that as willingly defended a feature you know to be bad out of some ideological motive which I find unwelcome.

But this seems a nice compromise actually. People can no longer say they are missing out on loads of content, character interaction and gameplay benifits. People like myself won't be made to rubb every unit and we can be reasonably sure that out of place lewdness is gone or at least decreased. So...most people win?

Well, I argued for it both on said Ideological grounds because I oppose censorship on basic principle, but I also really wanted the feature, so I dunno where that puts me on your annoyance scale. While it's hard to say how much it would have really damaged the sale/rep of the franchise, I will definitely agree that if cuts are truly unavoidable then this is potentially a best case scenario, since at the end of the day I was more worried about the loss of the dialogue and the Live2D models than the actually minigame.

I actually wanted to use it (if nothing else, it would have been fun to see what happens in it) but I can definitely understand why people took the ideological stance on this. Most of them probably felt the removal was a part of the feminist/SJW ideology getting their way. To fight something mindless I feel like you need something like an ideology that people can get behind. So I'm not mad at them, the salt was real, lol.

I actually wanted to use it (if nothing else, it would have been fun to see what happens in it) but I can definitely understand why people took the ideological stance on this. Most of them probably felt the removal was a part of the feminist/SJW ideology getting their way. To fight something mindless I feel like you need something like an ideology that people can get behind. So I'm not mad at them, the salt was real, lol.

While I occasionally roll my eyes at things like ''SJW's'' managing to get their way after making a big fuss over nothing, I do think opposing then is not a goal on itself and I didn't exactly appreciate the thought of what I viewed as Fire emblem being thrown under the buss to combat them. People wanting Skinship is fine but I feel plenty just want a highly controversial feature they don't support and all the risks that come with it just to give the middle finger to those gosh darn SWJ's.

I actually never even heard a SJW or someone sympathetic to them talk about Skinship. The most opposition came from long time Fire emblem fans who didn't like the direction Skinship would force the series in.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

While I occasionally roll my eyes at things like ''SJW's'' managing to get their way after making a big fuss over nothing, I do think opposing then is not a goal on itself and I didn't exactly appreciate the thought of what I viewed as Fire emblem being thrown under the buss to combat them. People wanting Skinship is fine but I feel plenty just want a highly controversial feature they don't support and all the risks that come with it just to give the middle finger to those gosh darn SWJ's.

I actually never even heard a SJW or someone sympathetic to them talk about Skinship. The most opposition came from long time Fire emblem fans who didn't like the direction Skinship would force the series in.

I feel ya. I don't like the idea of something I love being used as a tool to give a middle finger to an ideology either. Me personally I was one of the ones who hopped on that band wagon the first few days just because I didn't want to see the feature removed. I figured even if not everyone was in it for the feature, it would still help it not be removed, so it was a means to an end. I see what you're saying though, looking back there wasn't really any SJW push. I wonder how many were like me and just got caught up in it. I also wonder how many were legitimately pushing for the ideology. I don't like the idea of being used.