We Found Out What Happened To Skinship!

Captain Karnage

omg what is this reference I must know

If it's Akihiko I totally do not remember him saying that oh my goodness

https://youtu.be/OTeneG5EoYI?t=3m47s

Drakengard 3. He plays Cent. If it doesn't go tot he convo, 3:47 in. I messed up the quote but that's the jist of it.

I hope Liam comes back though. Selena didn't sound the same, so...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this idea. It makes more sense to have a conversation than to pet someone's face, and I'm pretty sure most people only cared about the skinship because of the Live2D models.

^

More realism=w1n.

https://youtu.be/OTeneG5EoYI?t=3m47s

Drakengard 3. He plays Cent. If it doesn't go tot he convo, 3:47 in. I messed up the quote but that's the jist of it.

I hope Liam comes back though. Selena didn't sound the same, so...

I've heard people have say that the voice actress might have changed her voice for her to make her sound a bit more mature? She sounds different, I agree but I think this could be possible.

Edited by carefreejules

I've heard people have say that the voice actress might have changed her voice for her to make her sound a bit more mature? She sounds different, I agree but I think this could be possible.

Mmmaybe, though I'm so use to Julie using a similar voice for most of her roles. (like Tsubaki Yayoi and Hilde)

I hope so, Julie Ann Taylor is awesome.

This just made everything so much better! I'm so glad the Live2D models and the voice acting are still in. Here's hoping for unique dialogue and minimal line rewrites.

Honestly I'm still a little miffed about anything being cut (along with dual audio), but after the past week and a half of salt and craziness, I think I'll just be content with what we got. I still hope NoA and Treehouse learned a lesson from this.

Its what i expected and predicted just one line and you see the model, basic but its okay

what is annoying though its the terrible job to match the movement of the mouth to the lines

That's what I was thinking. Did they just use the Japanese animations but replace the audio with the English lines?

That's what I was thinking. Did they just use the Japanese animations but replace the audio with the English lines?

I'm pretty sure that's the case. I've been spoiled by games actually taking the effort to redo the animation for different languages.

Edit: I'm going to echo the consensus here. I'm fine with this. Hope there's longer conversations as your support is stronger, but I'm glad the models are preserved and whatnot.

Edited by REL

Anybody else notice how it says on the bottom screen "if you marry someone, new events will occur"?

The Japanese version had face-blowing (which I'll be honest, I really didn't care for), waking up your spouse by rubbing them and your spouse occasionally giving you flowers or whatever. I wonder what they kept...

Anybody else notice how it says on the bottom screen "if you marry someone, new events will occur"?

The Japanese version had face-blowing (which I'll be honest, I really didn't care for), waking up your spouse by rubbing them and your spouse occasionally giving you flowers or whatever. I wonder what they kept...

Most probably the gift event, as it is pretty harmless. Maybe even the waking up events, albeit modified since rubbing has been dropped all together

Edited by soranauta

They couldn't choose between discarding Skinship or keeping it, so they took the third route... and it doesn't look bad.

Moral of the story is that the third route is always the best. :P:

So, as long as someone isn't creeping on me when I play this in public, I won't feel too bad about using this feature~!

I'm wondering how many people actually canceled their preorders of the special edition to take a stand against censorship, only to regret that decision upon seeing what skinship is like.

Personally, I'd guess not many. Lots of people like to say things on the internet, but actually doing what they said is another matter entirely. And the ones who care enough about this that they actually would cancel their preorder probably wouldn't be placated by what we saw anyway.

My only question is, will the marriage lines be as suggestive as in the Japanese version?

I want them to fucking 4kids it.

"I'll make a mess of you" into

"I'll get into a tickle fight with you"

I want them to fucking 4kids it.

"I'll make a mess of you" into

"I'll get into a tickle fight with you"

"Shadow Realm, Shadow Realm, invisible guns!"

I figured this would happen, and I honestly prefer it.

Now we just got to hope that there's more than one line for each character and that lines that still refer to things about who they are made it in. If there's a variety in their dialogue, then I think this is a perfect alternative.

I didn't give a rat's ass whether or not skinship was in

But nevertheless, I think they did a good job with this

I am happy