We Found Out What Happened To Skinship!

Captain Karnage

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this today.

I'd say it's a fair compromise, and sorta what I expected.

It does look a little silly to jump into Live 2D, have them say one short line, then jump back out, though. You can tell there used to be more content there.

That's assuming they don't call the police, though.

Or punch you in the face ( and that one person could have a black belt in karate or Ti quone Do, however you spell it. Either way......PAIN!!!)

Edit:

Saw this today.I'd say it's a fair compromise, and sorta what I expected.It does look a little silly to jump into Live 2D, have them say one short line, then jump back out, though. You can tell there used to be more content there.

Yeah, kinda wish they had more to say than just one. Then again, we could get more with a higher support! :3

Edited by Busterman64

I think this is a lot better than the other. I even hated Pokemon Amie because it became so tedious and boring after the first few times, let alone creepy when you have something like Machamp.

Hopefully in the next Fire Emblem they keep this as a base to build off of instead of trying at face touching or something else weird again.

This seems fine. Better than the original, even. You still get the nice models and extra dialogue, but It's a casual chat rather than rubbing their face. It's all the aspects of skinship I liked minus the uncomfortable ones.

I won't cry over the loss of the lines specific to skinship either. I don't find a narration on where I'm touching someone to be engrossing dialogue.

Also, why didn't they just release this information in the first place? If people knew that it was being replaced with this from the beginning then I doubt there would have been anywhere near as much drama.

Edited by EJ107

I think this is a lot better than the other. I even hated Pokemon Amie because it became so tedious and boring after the first few times, let alone creepy when you have something like Machamp.

Hopefully in the next Fire Emblem they keep this as a base to build off of instead of trying at face touching or something else weird again.

Eh I liked the mini games in amie... well except that puzzle slider that i cannot get 5 stars on the higher difficulties...

My only concern now is how the dialogue will be translated, as some give some details on the characters, which may or may not be lost in translation, and I only saw one line of dialogue in the video for the replacement mechanic, so I'm also questioning whether all the lines will be translated into English.

I see the video and im perfectly fine with this adaptetion fore the relase, is a simple dialogue conversation so we don't lost anything about the characters (becouse the dialogue). I don't have any personal favorite character but for my Revelation playthrught i choose Ophelia as my waifu, so i can't wait to hear is dialogue/dub in the European version in this "watchmode".

I think you get different dialogue when married in the Japanese version.

You also get to kiss them, and wake them up if they fall asleep in your room. You can also blow on your 3DS mic which in turn makes it look like you're blowing on your spouse's face. Weird way to describe it, but that's that.

While I occasionally roll my eyes at things like ''SJW's'' managing to get their way after making a big fuss over nothing, I do think opposing then is not a goal on itself and I didn't exactly appreciate the thought of what I viewed as Fire emblem being thrown under the buss to combat them. People wanting Skinship is fine but I feel plenty just want a highly controversial feature they don't support and all the risks that come with it just to give the middle finger to those gosh darn SWJ's.

I actually never even heard a SJW or someone sympathetic to them talk about Skinship. The most opposition came from long time Fire emblem fans who didn't like the direction Skinship would force the series in.

Thats because the majority of those types were not really against the feature. You are right that most of the flak came from veteran fans and the like. I lurk tumblr and i did not see a single SJW-esque post railing against the evils of skinship. So yeah...odd, that.

I wonder if the characters asking for a kiss will still be a thing?

Maybe after S supports. Im curious as to what happens after that.

Thats because the majority of those types were not really against the feature. You are right that most of the flak came from veteran fans and the like. I lurk tumblr and i did not see a single SJW-esque post railing against the evils of skinship. So yeah...odd, that.

scapegoats are fun and "sjws"/"tumblrites" are easy targets

Was this posted yet?

I'm starting to like Felicia little by little the more I listen to her.

ohmigod lucina is actually really adorable

Would I be correct to assume that the amount of dialogue spoken would gradually increase as the support bond with the character increases?

Edit: I don't expect any monologues but like two or more lines.

Edited by JasonsOrigin

Would I be correct to assume that the amount of dialogue spoken would gradually increase as the support bond with the character increases?

Edit: I don't expect any monologues but like two or more lines.

Maybe I'm spoiled to the Metal Gear games, but I would love to unlock monologues from those you have a higher support level with.

I think 2 or 3 lines more is logical.

Was this posted yet?

I'm starting to like Felicia little by little the more I listen to her.

OMG Ike, you and your appetite. lol Can't believe his love of food is referenced even here! XD His voice tho...sounds a little different from his RD self as well as Codename Steam. Pretty sure it's still Adkins though. Don't see why he'd get replaced at this point.

Edited by Anacybele

It does look a little silly to jump into Live 2D, have them say one short line, then jump back out, though. You can tell there used to be more content there.

I feel the same way, so hopefully higher support rank = more potential dialogue? That would be nice.

However, I am glad that everything wasn't totally removed. That would've just been... well, sad. So this is a fair compromise for sure, at least imo. And it's something that can be built off of in the future prays for base conversations to be a thing again

They say you can do 'special things' after marriage in the private quarter. I assume that means you can face-pet your spouse?

Nah probably what people have said before: in JP you got special events like 'cooling' your spouse down after their trip to the bathhouse or waking them up (idk if this'll retain face-petting) or even when they ask for a kiss.