Round 1: Writes and Misc! Read post first! (Multiple choice)

Scribbles 2015 Writes and Misc Elimination Round  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the Writes entries you like the most.

• TALLY. PLEASE VOTE FOR THIS.
    • Actually SMT x FE
    • After the War of Heroes
    • Catnaps
    • Chained Inside
    • Crimson Flair, Rose Scented Air
    • Deja Vu
    • Do the Gods Listen When We Pray?
    • Everything Went Dark: White Rabbits, White Lies
    • Fire Emblem: Sacrifice
    • Flying Steed Study
    • For the Living
    • Forging Bonds
    • Go to Sleep, Marx!
    • Hope Never Dies
    • I Now Pronounce You Man and Tree
    • It Never Occurred to Me to Give This a Title
    • Lissa Emblem: The Verge of History
    • Lord of Renais
    • On the Plains
    • Rebirth VI
    • Second Chance
    • The Adventures of the Crimean Liberation Army
    • The Answer
    • The Beautiful Princess of Peerless Beauty
    • The Car of Legend
    • The Destruction of the Taliver Bandits
    • The Dragon's Gate Beckons
    • The Impossible Choice
    • The Last Order
    • The Mirror's Fate
    • The New Dark Dragon
    • The New Fang
    • The Paradox Child
    • The Path Thereafter
    • The Question of Peace
    • The Sinner and the Saint
    • To the Skirt Chasers of Fire Emblem
    • Tools of War
    • Unshakable Faith from Fire Emblem: The Blazing Musical
    • Verdant Crimson
  2. 2. Choose the Misc entries you like the most.

• Amiibo Paint Jobs
    • Anna Cosplay
    • Aqua Song's New Arrangement
    • Eliwood and Ninian
    • Fan-made OC OOAK Heron Doll
    • Fates T-Shirts!
    • Fates Winter Gear! Don't let a little snow and ice decide your fate.
    • FE6 25th Anniversary GBA SP Paint
    • Fire Emblem Medley
    • Fire Emblem SNES Tribute Arrangement
    • Grima Sculpture
    • Handmade Tactician Coat
    • New FE Ideas
    • Origami Grima
    • Paladin Cosplay
    • Robin and Robin Bring the Thunder
    • Sack Aqua
    • SMT Q FE Opening
    • Studying the Art of Spellcasting
    • The Fire Emblem
    • The Journey
    • Twin Road Medley

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Destruction of the Taliver Bandits.

Don't worry about it, it ain't really all that great.

Well now you've taken the fun out of searcihng. I was going to discover that naturally in...four more stories.

A little note to those disappointed with the amount of votes their entry received:

yeah, it can be a little disappointing to not do as well as you would have hoped, but don't let that discourage you from creating! Not getting tons of recognition doesn't detract from all the hard work spent on your entry, so be proud! I was nervous about entering the contest myself (and have only got one vote so far), but I'm glad I did. Thanks to this contest, I was inspired to start creating again and even worked up the courage to start an art thread here on SF. So yeah, my entry didn't do very well, but that helped encourage me to to try to do better. Continue creating, sharing your work (and don't be afraid to take a little constructive criticism), and overall having fun doing what you do!

It was so hard to vote, but here's to hoping for the best to those that gave their best!

I didn't think I had much of a chance either, but this was a fun contest to join.

These are the right attitudes to have! There are a lot of talented people in our community, use it as motivation and an opportunity to see how good you can become in your craft. Show up next year and focus on one-upping yourself, there's no point in being depressed about not having submitted the best or most popular entry, especially if you're not as experienced as some of our other participants :P:.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've already got ideas flowing for next year's submission after seeing all the creativity this year. Some of you are a real inspiration and it's been an honor competing with all of you. 1ea67fc5da987675c061e92a13a93f20.gif

I don't know about anyone else, but I've already got ideas flowing for next year's submission after seeing all the creativity this year. Some of you are a real inspiration and it's been an honor competing with all of you. 1ea67fc5da987675c061e92a13a93f20.gif

Looking through a whole lot of different writing was interesting~! I hope that next year will have ever MORE stories.

I've got my own thoughts on this, but I'll wait until the competition is over. I can see why there's some people that would be discouraged, though.

Well now you've taken the fun out of searcihng. I was going to discover that naturally in...four more stories.

Sorry x3

These are the right attitudes to have! There are a lot of talented people in our community, use it as motivation and an opportunity to see how good you can become in your craft. Show up next year and focus on one-upping yourself, there's no point in being depressed about not having submitted the best or most popular entry, especially if you're not as experienced as some of our other participants :P:.

Apologies if it seems like I'm having a bad attitude, I'm not trying to seem that way. This is a bit crushing to me, though. I've been writing for ten years, I have a 480-page novel, an unfinished novel, about 50 or so short stories varying between 8 and 30 pages in length, and two separate idea sheets (one for stories and one for characters) in my computer. But I've never felt any of it was very good. You would think that after ten years of practice, writing, re-writting, editing, looking for and receiving advice, etc., you'd improve at least a little! But not so in my case. It just seems like I'm no good and I'm really struggling to keep up any motivation.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Well, those aren't the only reasons someone would vote for a story, the content itself may not be as appealing as the other entries. The question when voting isn't "which one is the best written" or "which one is technically the best".

Tangerine is right. Writing for a contest is tough because of all sorts of factors, especially in a contest like this. Some people won't be attracted to a story from a game they haven't played (I'll admit, I did not read Fates stories to avoid potential spoilers. Sorry guys), or a story focusing on a character they are unfamiliar with, or a genre that they dislike. If you have a comedy and a tragedy and 80% of the people voting prefer tragedy then even if the comedy is technically better written the tragedy will likely garner more votes. It's impossible to appeal to everyone.

Just write what YOU like and what makes YOU happy ;): If other people happen to like it too then that's just icing on the cake.

My thoughts exactly!

Tangerine is right. Writing for a contest is tough because of all sorts of factors, especially in a contest like this. Some people won't be attracted to a story from a game they haven't played (I'll admit, I did not read Fates stories to avoid potential spoilers. Sorry guys), or a story focusing on a character they are unfamiliar with, or a genre that they dislike. If you have a comedy and a tragedy and 80% of the people voting prefer tragedy then even if the comedy is technically better written the tragedy will likely garner more votes. It's impossible to appeal to everyone.

Just write what YOU like and what makes YOU happy ;): If other people happen to like it too then that's just icing on the cake.

My thoughts exactly!

Me too, and I was actually wondering whether I should bring it up or not. I hope people realise it was sort of the be expected when submitting something related to a game few of us have played. Even if it says no spoilers I still want to go in with a completely fresh mind.

I felt the same way, so I didn't read any of the Fates stories either (sorry, I don't want to spoil the game).

as for my entry, I got 2 votes :) It makes me happy just to know someone thought my entry was good enough.

I wish I could write. Then I could tell the stories I come up with in my head (I can't write convincing dialog at all)

I felt the same way, so I didn't read any of the Fates stories either (sorry, I don't want to spoil the game).

as for my entry, I got 2 votes :) It makes me happy just to know someone thought my entry was good enough.

I wish I could write. Then I could tell the stories I come up with in my head (I can't write convincing dialog at all)

Practice, practice, practice! Post what you have in Written Works, and you should get some critique! That way, if another contest like this rolls around, you can write for it~!

I put my votes in. In a future contest, I think having a mandatory short description for the stories would make things easier to look through.

That would make voting a lot easier.

I put my votes in. In a future contest, I think having a mandatory short description for the stories would make things easier to look through.

That's actually kind of brilliant. Like a jacket-flap teaser or something?

Wow, there are so many good submissions. There's are a ton that I like. I'm never the person who wins popularity contests - so I'm not really expecting to win - But I'm just way happy that people actually like my song!!! Thanks!! :)

I feel bad the Writes haven't gotten more votes. There's some really great stories!

If you're wondering what my entry is, it's "Aqua's Song New Arrangement."

As we get close to finishing up, I'd like to leave a quick thanks to the people who voted for me. Knowing that some other people like my work enough to publicly display that they'd like to see it contest for a higher spot made this all worth it.

These votes might be few

yet my heart conceals much bliss.

I extend my thanks.

Sorry if that's still a little sub-par balcerzak, but I couldn't think of any better way to thank 'em!

Edited by PeaceRibbon

As we get close to finishing up, I'd like to leave a quick thanks to the people who voted for me. Knowing that some other people like my work enough to publicly display that they'd like to see it contest for a higher spot made this all worth it.

These votes might be few

yet my heart conceals much bliss.

I extend my thanks.

Sorry if that's still a little sub-par balcerzak, but I couldn't think of any better way to thank 'em!

I find this statement funny...hmm let's see if I can put that a bit more eloquently...Nope, got nothing.

Edited by Jotari

@EgyptsDragon: You're the voice behind that arrangement?! Your voice is so beautiful! It sounds very well-trained; Respect+1

EDIT: Just went over to the thread and saw it was your sister, but if voices like that run in the family, then *dang*. (Please redo with your own voice? I must hear . . . and I'm sure I'm not the only one.)

Edited by Rethel34

Sorry x3

Apologies if it seems like I'm having a bad attitude, I'm not trying to seem that way. This is a bit crushing to me, though. I've been writing for ten years, I have a 480-page novel, an unfinished novel, about 50 or so short stories varying between 8 and 30 pages in length, and two separate idea sheets (one for stories and one for characters) in my computer. But I've never felt any of it was very good. You would think that after ten years of practice, writing, re-writting, editing, looking for and receiving advice, etc., you'd improve at least a little! But not so in my case. It just seems like I'm no good and I'm really struggling to keep up any motivation.

That sounds really harsh, especially to ears of a hopeful-writer like me.

But hey, why should you or me stop writing? At the very least, like Anne Frank had said:

"I can shake off everything as I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn."

I can not say that literature is either more important to the author or the reader, but I do know that the act itself is a soothing and meaningful experience.

And, you do have someone to receive advice from!

P/S: Now my story ("For the Living") has five votes! Bye-bye the dream of the 3DS, but I'm nevertheless graceful for your supports!

Maybe I should plan for next year. If they organize something like this again.