Using Amiibo + Private Quarters (video)

stahl_gaius_fan

The only voice that sounds off is Ike's. It's not as deep as his Radiant Dawn, Sm4sh, or Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. appearances. (Been too long since I played Path of Radiance)

I don't mind the amiibo voices. But now hearing more of Felicia's, it is starting to bug me. I think her VA is just trying too hard.

Okay but something about Felicia's voice sounds really familiar and I can't place who or where or why

But I do like Marth's voice, somewhat.

Same. I don't know why, but the first voice actress to come to mind was Xanthe Huynh

Guess my reaction was the opposite of everyone else's. I think she sounds very cute and dorky.

Yeah, I agree. I'm starting to like her more little by little. Even the awkward lines we've heard from her earlier are starting to grow on me.

Edited by Giga Man

I didn't realize it until just now and I don't know if it's a coincident that Lucina gives you a bear hat as a reference to:

Atleast something came out from that Drama CD.

I wish the private quarters felt more than just a quick moment. Here I am hoping S rank person would have a more engaging thing to happen.

Edited by Reiyson

Guess my reaction was the opposite of everyone else's. I think she sounds very cute and dorky.

Thank you. Somebody who thinks like me.

From the start I thought she sounded pretty natural as someone very clumsy and feminine. I think she sounds adorable ^^

Oh, you're not alone, I find Felicia's awkwardness rather endearing (although I wish she didn't make so many flustered noises). I'm glad the characters get to talk more at private quarters, Felicia's dialogue there made me like her VA more.

I said it in another thread already, but Marth is adorable! His voice fits him well. Now I kinda want to get that 3DS NFC reader...

Yes. Some of her lines we saw earlier were quite bad, but now that we've heard more, she sounds cute and it's rather endearing and fits her.

Perhaps the lesson is that we should not judge a character's voice based on a single clip.

It is also nice to see that they have the Amie lines reflective of their character. One of the reasons I was upset by the potential removal of skinshipping was that we would lose this characterization aspect of it, but it looks like that has been preserved. Depending on how many lines each character has, there may actually be more characterization and backstory in the English version, which I would welcome.

Wow, Robin's conversation is...certainly comical. I like it! That's all I can really say about the amiibo convesations, though; they're still pretty pleasing all the same.

...Felicia's voice is starting to grow on me. It just seems like some of her lines don't fit in with the context, but that can be said for a few characters. "Didn't expect that, didja?!" in My Castle is just one example.