What's your favorite Ghibli movie?

Lantairu

I've recently been doing a Ghibli marathon and I have to say my opinions have definitely changed. I forgot how great some movies I haven't seen since I was 4 were. My personal favorite is a toss up between Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service, and Princess Mononoke, but what do you guys think?

A toss up between Princess Mononoke and NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind. I absolutely adore both of these movies, and I love tons of other Ghibli films.

I love all of them but my favorite would be When Marnie was There, because I had a really special bond with my grandfather and I still miss him even though he died when I was ten and because I understand going through being really sick. I cried my eyes out the first time I watched it because it really hit home.

Spirited Away, probably. The only other ones that I've seen are My Neighbor Totoro, Castle In The Sky (and that was forever ago), and Grave of the Fireflies.

It's a tossup between The Wind Rises, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Grave of the Fireflies, and Pom Poko. I really can't choose between them, but I can't pick Grave of the Fireflies as my all-time favorite of the five, as it was REALLY sad, but it's still such a great movie.

Edited by Karasz

Ahhhh I love all the films to choose one only ;; Though nostalgic wise, Howl's Moving Castle definitely!

I know most of their soundtrack by heart so I guess that's my favorite haha

I honestly think Ocean Waves is a really under appreciated gem. It just really captures the true essence of a coming of age story and does so with a remarkably low running time.

Course like many I also adore Laputa.

While all of them are techically in my faovrites of all times list for animated features, I'd say my top favorite movie ever is Howl's Moving Castle. I love the artwork, the music, the character,s and story. I have also read the novel, which is vastly different than the movie, and while I enjoy the book better at most points, I always envision the characters that were created by Hayao Miyzaki in his movie, rather than try to make up new appearances for them from the book's descriptions.

Nausicaa blew me away the first time I saw it. I went in not expecting too much, but the climax was amazing.

I also enjoy Porco Rosso. Not among the best, but one I like to watch for sheer enjoyment

I haven't seen all the Ghibli films, but I really like Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle, and Whisper of the Heart! My Neighbor Totoro is a childhood favorite as well! I have a hard time watching Princess Mononoke though. That movie scared me when I was younger, and although I can tolerate blood a bit more now, it still makes me feel uneasy...

I haven't seen all the Ghibli films, but I really like Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle, and Whisper of the Heart! My Neighbor Totoro is a childhood favorite as well! I have a hard time watching Princess Mononoke though. That movie scared me when I was younger, and although I can tolerate blood a bit more now, it still makes me feel uneasy...

Nobody seems to talk about Whisper of the Heart, even though it's a good film,

Top faves- Spirited Away and Kiki's Delivery Service (my first Ghibli movies). And I really like Howl's Moving Castle and The Wind Rises.

Edited by Lyn

• 2 weeks later...

The Castle of Cagliostro. Maybe a darkhorse choice but I love it's mix of fairy-tale idealism and more mature elements. The interpretation of Lupin in this film is not only my favorite version of Lupin but one of my favorite film characters of all time. Just a really fun, feel-good movie. Helps that the car chase sequence inspired John Lasseter to see the true potential of animation.

Princess Mononoke is one of my favorite animated movies in general, even outside of specifically Ghibli movies.

Spirited Away for a second place shoutout, though.

The Castle of Cagliostro. Maybe a darkhorse choice but I love it's mix of fairy-tale idealism and more mature elements. The interpretation of Lupin in this film is not only my favorite version of Lupin but one of my favorite film characters of all time. Just a really fun, feel-good movie. Helps that the car chase sequence inspired John Lasseter to see the true potential of animation.

I don't think that's really counted as a Ghibli film but I love it nonetheless.