Fire Emblem If: Recruitable Amiibo within the Story (currently only Hoshido path)

DeathChaos25

Get it here, this includes the NTR Plugin for use with the Special Edition version of the game, and the files are already organized in the correct directory for drag and drop usage if NTR is installed, for HANS users, think of the 000400000012DE00 folder as the root of the romfs.

CURRENTLY ONLY SUPPORTS HOSHIDO PATH.

EDIT: IF YOUR GAME IS UPDATED, DELETE YOUR UPDATE BEFORE USING THIS! OR THE GAME WILL CRASH! (I'll try working on a fix for this.)

What is the point of this? One might ask.

Simple, for those of us who for whatever reason, do not own any of the 4 amiibos, I have made it so that they now Join you within the story maps itself.

There is no requirement to recruit them, just that they make it out alive by the end of the map and they will auto join your party, no playable character has been replaced, nor does this reduce the number of units the player can field during the map, some enemy units did have to be removed to be able to spawn the amiibos without crashing the game though.

This does not in any way, shape or form conflict with the translation patch, you can use this alongside the patch perfectly (as can be seen on the screenshots)

Marth and Ike will join you on Chapter 17, they will start off in the Northeastern part of the map.

3XWJrOE.png3pjqptE.png

As for Robin and Lucina, they will both join at chapter 19, just to the left of the Player's starting point.

YG9kl9H.pngrlfDakF.png

Do note that I only own the Special Edition and not the Hoshido version, so I will not provide any help for that one, but theoretically the files should work there too, but the file directory might change, I don't know.

Edited by DeathChaos25

how can I use this?

You need either CFW (which requires your 3DS firmware to be 9.2 or lower) or access to Homebrew, to run HANS.

If you don't know anything about these, there are a lot of good tutorials on youtube on how to run romhacks and/or install Homebrew/CFW.

For some weird reason, this seems to not work with the update installed :/

Delete your If game update and try again, I made this when I had no updates, it seems something about the update is making this not work, I'll edit the op with this warning.

• 2 weeks later...

Amiibo units are not supportable, they are treated as Generic Guest Avatars, this is not because of this hack, this is how the game regularly treats them, they don't even have unique level up quotes, just the Generic "......!" for all of them, I am working on at least implementing level up quotes for the amiibos.

This works on Both Japanese or USA Birthright/Special Edition copy of Fates, however, the NTR CFW plugin provided only works with the Japanese SE, meaning you'd either have to get yourself an NTR Layeredfs plugin for your copy of the game or use HANS and put the files I provided inside your romfs to run with HANS.

Edited by DeathChaos25

Does this still trigger the special dialogue with the other characters like Odin?

I don't think so? How would you go about recruiting Odin in Hoshido/Birthright?

Do you think you can make one for conquest and revelations?

I currently don't have a 3DS as I sent it to get it hardmodded, once I get it back and actually play through the stories I'll consider it.

And did you manage to do this by RAM dumping or romfs editing?

Romfs editing.

• 3 months later...

So, would this work if you happen to have a digital version of Birthright as Conquest DLC?

Just try this version, it works on any of the 3 paths;

https://gbatemp.net/threads/fe-fates-a-way-to-unlock-hero-battles-without-amiibo.418795/

May I ask how you removed the shield icons from their map sprites?

That is something I have been trying forever to figure out!

If you already have them, I think save editing is the only way.

If you already have them, I think save editing is the only way.

Well I mean rom hacking for a next playthrough. And while I am asking,

How do you edit chapter data? Everytime I try, I get an error and the system restarts.

Edited by lightcosmo