Royal Siblings Bias Order

sacredenigma

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on what I've seen on this site and various other ones, I'm pretty sure Marx and Leon are the ones who get more hype... On the other hand, a lot of people hate Takumi and find Ryouma bland. It's fine for you to dislike them, of course, but I'm not really seeing the hype around them.

I think saying Takumi doesn't get hype on this website is erroneous, though. He got quite a few firsts on this topic, for starters. And last time I checked the pre-popularity poll, he was reigning first.

Regarding hype, I think it's Xander and Takumi, and then Leo afterwards. I agree with you that a lot of people here seem to find Ryoma bland, though.

For my list, it would be:

1) Leo

2) Camilla

3) NoA!Sakura

4) Elise

5) JP!Sakura

6) Takumi

7) Xander

8) Hinoka

9) Ryoma

Edited by Minischew

Hm - here are mine:

1. Elise

I love the innocent/pure archetype. Elise is fun-loving, upbeat and never doubts or sends you away (*cough*Ryoma/Xander/Takumi/Leo*cough*). Seriously, all your brothers will fly off the deep end and disown you the moment you don't side with them but Elise never stops caring - she's loyal and true to the end, which I sometimes feel doesn't get as much credit as it should.

2. Leo

Although Leo will "erase you" for siding against him, I also have a fond spot for arrogant individuals that have skills to back up their claims. I hate characters that think they're "all that" without anything to their name, but Leo clearly has talent. That and (I'm totally reading too much into this) I think he has some self-identity issues the game never wants to admit. He has a son that dresses more feminine (which he gets angry at immediately for doing so, almost like he can't stand the idea of things like that being associated with him even though no one cares and he looks like he's in denial) and is the only royal with all male retainers (including a buff dude wearing nearly see-through outfit and a bisexual sadist). I'm tellin' you - there's more to Leo than he wants to let on.

3. Xander

He's leaderly and stands up for you - he's even the guy that goes snooping around his father when everyone else just kinda quits and goes on with life. I like characters that "have your back". He loses points for his anger when you don't choose him though.

4. Hinoka

I like her reserved and tough personality. I wish she had more screen-time and interactions, but the ones she does have are solid. She doesn't go back on what she wants, nor does she waiver from her goals.

5. Takumi

He's much like Leo, only worse... He hates you off the bat, loses his shit if you don't pick his side and is desperately overcompensating for something. He always has to mention how he doesn't trust you or insert himself into conversations as though you may have forgotten him if he doesn't speak every other line of dialogue. However, much like Leo, he has personality traits I like (arrogant, determined, talented, etc.) he just does it in a less likeable way.

6. Ryoma

He's very white-bread. Not that he's white--he's clearly Asian--I mean he has barely any personality. He's a good guy who does good by his family and he's never done anything wrong in his life and also he's tall and looks like a leader and makes the ladies swoon. Nothing to really complain about, just nothing exciting either. Him being called "lobster-lord" is as close to an interesting personality as he's ever going to get, really. :p

7. Sakura

She's much like Elise (and Elise is my favorite) but she's... lacking. In almost every department. She's not as loyal as Elise, or as caring as Elise, or as heartbroken when you leave as Elise, or as moe as Elise, or as cool of a unit as Elise, etc. etc. etc. I could go on--she's worse than Elise in every sense of the word (in my humble opinion - please don't kill me if you like Sakura!). Because of her lack-luster personality and skills she's basically a generic copy of Elise which adds negative on top of her mediocre performance.

8. Camilla

She's just... weird. She wants to be your mother and your lover at the same time. She gives me odd vibes every step of the way, has a very bizarre personality when interacting with everyone (not just Corrin) and her facial expresses have always bothered me. I know she's always been a favorite (and I can give you two big reasons why) but she's never done anything for me besides look weird. >.>

And that's that. I'll marry Elise and Leo in two of my playthroughs, but I don't know about the rest... (Well, I'll have to complete the support logs at some point... but only then.)

Edited by Kakeyo

Leo, Child bias is the reason you're on top.

Sakura, This is me.

Hinoka, I know nothing about you but you're cute so...

Xander, Nice design.

Ryoma, The Seth of Hoshido. I don't like his hair though.

Takumi, Big Nohrian jerks. I hope that was just a fluke in localization and he never says that again.

Elise, My tiny completely legal sister.

Camilla, Good: Her face and hair are so pretty holy crap. Her personality when Corrin is ignored seems alright too. Bad: The rest of her design is terrible and Corrin stalking is creepy.

Ryoma>Leo>Sakura>Takumi>Elise>Xander>Camilla>Hinoka

I love Ryoma and I don't know why. What about him that it's so...captivating?

And Leo, I just love male mages. And his personality is cool too.

Sakura is just so cute, but so strong-willed too!

Takumi+Leon > Xander > Sakura > Elise > Ryoma > Hinoka > Camilla

The reasoning for Takumi and Leon tying at first should be obvious, and Xander is a good tank and has a few really good supports and no, Peri isn't one of them. The little sisters are as high up as they are because the English localization has been making them grow on me. Ryoma is right below because, while I don't like him as a character, he's a badass swordsmaster and looks like he'll be more of an interesting antagonist in the localization.

Camilla is the lowest because the only two things to her are player worship and fanservice.

1. Takumi and Leon: I really love how both of them are written, and how they develop during the story. Takumi feels like a real person, and Leon's development in Birthright is probably what I love the most out of the entire route.

2. Hinoka: she's great and strong and I love great and strong female characters? I'm sad she was basically forgotten in the main plot though...

3. Sakura and Elise: they're both so cute, sweet and caring in their own ways, and they must be protected at all costs. I loved Elise's role in Birthright too.

4. Marx: even though I don't know how much I like him in the main story, he has so many good supports and I adore that!

5. Ryouma: I admit I haven't read many of his supports, he's this low mainly because of that. His kid is amazing though.

6. Camilla: she's too creepy and way too focused on Kamui (in a weird way too). I liked the fact that she was basically the mom of the army, I wish the localization focused her character more on that than on Kamui and gave her more supports like the one she has with Zero (but I guess it won't happen).

Edited by Luce

Takumi > Sakura > Elise > Leon > Ryoma > Hinoka > Camilla

I dislike Xander so much that i'm not even gonna list him.

-Xander - Not sure why I like him, but he seems like an honorable character and not blindly devoted to his father's whims

Not sure if you're being sarcastic.

Edited by BruceLee

Xander- I really like his design. He has a really regal look to him that I really like. Unfortunately personality wise I don't know a lot since I have tried to not spoil any supports or conversations with characters.

Camila- I get the feeling there is a lot more to this character than people realize. I don't see her obsession with Corrin as creepy because I get the feeling its because she is a really broken person that borderlines on some actual mental problems. For example I thought it was really interesting in Chapter 13 for Hoshido where Camila was actually on the verge of leaving Nohr to side with Corrin because she believed what he said, then was easily manipulated by Leo to stay with them. It shows she definitely has some problems, and isn't all there. I don't know much about her past or other events, but I am actually looking forward to learning more about her because I find her situation really interesting.

Hinoka- I almost get the feeling that outside of Sakura, she is the only sibling in Hoshido who actually cares about Corrin. Her dedicating her life to rescuing Corrin is going to make for an interesting situation in the Nohr route I hope, and I find her support with Xander pretty cool in Revalation.

Takumi- I think its interesting that he is the only sibling that doesn't trust Corrin, which is understandable, and I am looking forward to see how that plays out in Nohr since he is probably going to completely hate you, kind of leaving him to be the only true antagonist on Hoshido.

Leo- Ive got nothing, he really doesn't seem all that interesting.

Elise- Ive got nothing, cute little sister, seems like Lissa 2.0.

Sakura- Yet again nothing, the cute little sister. To be honest Elise and Sakura are equal.

Ryoma- After reading a few things on this character, I am really unsure. I am going to wait till release to really see where he goes.

Edited by Tolvir

Marx/Camilla <-- Ryouma <-- Elise <-- Leon <-- Sakura <-- Hinoka <-- Takumi.

My Nohr bias is strong. (I blame the fact that my spouses are over there.)

I like all the royals, but it ranges from Ryouma's end at "I bought all your cipher cards and your keychain and a lobster plush and wrote 3k+ words in meta/analysis/some headcanons when I don't even like writing" to Camilla's at "I still like you but I'm kinda mad on behalf of you for what the writers did and didn't do with you"

And my opinion on Camilla is a lot like this, as she's one of my favourites (and the only spouse I considered), but a lot with Eponine, Soleil and Felicia, she became something like a one-trick pony in her supports, and I was supremely disappointed by that. With just a little digging, and a lot of ignoring said one-trick pony status, it's not hard to see her for what she really could have been with proper handling. She's supremely broken by her experiences in the court and concubine wars, she's protective and nurturing, quite a troll and a tease, and very much confident in both her prowess as a soldier and her sexuality. It's very sad that so little of that got showcased. I still love her, but I know for a fact what I'll be focussing on when I start writing her.

Ryoma-

With him knowing about Corrin not having blood relation to them, and his father sacrificing himself for Corrin that he feels like Corrin joining Hoshido is him repaying his debt for that. I don't get the feeling he truly sees Corrin as a brother/sister.

That's basically the most inaccurate thing I've heard said about Ryouma ngl

Granted I've read a lot more dialogue than the average NA player so I don't wanna give away anything unless asked but

This is contradicted by

a lot of things

That's basically the most inaccurate thing I've heard said about Ryouma ngl

Granted I've read a lot more dialogue than the average NA player so I don't wanna give away anything unless asked but

This is contradicted by

a lot of things

Like I said, I don't know a lot about the game. Its what the situation with him seems like to me, so I am probably wrong. I imagine my opinion on Ryouma will change when the game comes out.

Let's just say he cares a hell lot

I've written a lot of Ryouma analysis if anyone's interested because the man takes a bit more reading to get to, he's really not what he seems at the surface, but his characterization is a bit more subtle I've also spoken with several translators and that his speech is not very standard and not easy to translate

Let's just say he cares a hell lot

I've written a lot of Ryouma analysis if anyone's interested because the man takes a bit more reading to get to, he's really not what he seems at the surface, but his characterization is a bit more subtle I've also spoken with several translators and that his speech is not very standard and not easy to translate

Well I would be interested if you can link a few of them.

Well I would be interested if you can link a few of them.

Here's the collection. If they're under a readmore they usually contain some degree of spoilers and they can get a bit rambly because I'm a shit writer and don't know how to not use run on sentences

Edited by Thor Odinson

Based on what I've seen on this site and various other ones, I'm pretty sure Marx and Leon are the ones who get more hype... On the other hand, a lot of people hate Takumi and find Ryouma bland. It's fine for you to dislike them, of course, but I'm not really seeing the hype around them.

I would assume he's talking about them as units, not necessarily as characters.

I really have nothing bad to say about any of the royals. I love them all, but if I had to but them in order of favorite to least favorite:

Sakura<-Leo<-Xander/Ryoma<-Camilla/Takumi<-Elise<-Hinoka

Explaining my top and bottom choices:

Sakura-Sakura reminds me of Madoka Kaname from Puella Magi Madoka Magica by her design (Well maybe it;s just because they both have pink hair and use bows). Madoka one of my favorite anime characters and thus she influenced my love of Sakura. It probably also helps hat if I had a little sister (Which I don't since I am the youngest child in my family), Sakura would be the sister I would want. Also War Priestess is my favorite class.

Hinoka-I feel like she has no presence in the story what so ever. Compared to the other siblings, she has so much less development and just feels like someone who was made to be the opposite of Camilla (Which is funny since originally Hinoka did not exist as Corrin was to act as the fourth sibling of the Hoshidans and was added later in development). And also, it is sad when Camilla, Hinoka opposite, gets more character development and screen time then her on the route Camilla is supposed to be an enemy.

Camila- I get the feeling there is a lot more to this character than people realize. I don't see her obsession with Corrin as creepy because I get the feeling its because she is a really broken person that borderlines on some actual mental problems. For example I thought it was really interesting in Chapter 13 for Hoshido where Camila was actually on the verge of leaving Nohr to side with Corrin because she believed what he said, then was easily manipulated by Leo to stay with them. It shows she definitely has some problems, and isn't all there. I don't know much about her past or other events, but I am actually looking forward to learning more about her because I find her situation really interesting.

I look at Camilla more like this, and its why her behavior doesnt creep me out. I think it makes her interesting. It is disappointing to hear a lot of this kind of thing isnt actually explored within the main game itself though. : (

My favorite sibling is Camilla. She intrigues me and i have a mess of headcanons for her.

Tbh, i like them all. I guess its safe to say the one at the bottom is Hinoka, but i dont dislike her at all. Maybe that will change. I dont even have a particular order in which i like these guys. I can say that im growing very very fond of Sakura.

1. Takumi: only royal sibling who actually feels like a real person. He may act like a jerk towards Kamui, but it actually makes sense in context and makes him feel more human. His issues are also relatable to.

2. Leon and Sakura: I like how Sakura, despite being shy, has a backbone and will stand up to you if you try to invade her country. At the very least she's not going to let people walk all over her. Leon has great characterization, but loses a few points for holding the idiot ball in Nohr.

4. Ryouma: He doesn't really interest me but he doesn't offend me either. His characterization is okay.

5. Marx: Marx is kind of like Ryouma, in that he has okay characterization but I don't really care about him either way. Loses points for being dumb in Nohr's main story, though.

6. Elise: I … am not that fond of Elise, in all honesty. It's not so much how naive she is but how Kamui-centric she is. And she feels like she has less of a reason to be on a battlefield than Sakura, too. I don't mind young characters fighting in FE, but I would like a better reason than whatever Elise has for them to be there. (We need more Sanaki-tier young characters.)

7. Camilla and Hinoka: I'm honestly disappointed by both of them. I was hoping that they'd be badass older sisters, especially since previous older sisters in FE have all been staff-wielding magic users -- instead we get two people who basically exist only for Kamui. Why.

I agree with this although I'm not sure I'd rank Sakura so highly, and Ryouma and Xander would swap places. Ryouma is prince perfect whose personal issues revolve around not laughing and working too hard. Xander, while he has good supports as far as this game goes, is the biggest idiot in Conquest.

Sakura, while you're right in that she has a backbone, is just...there, like all the sisters and Ryouma.

Yay! What I have been waiting for! :D

[*]Sakura- Okay. Many of you probably know this, but I absolutely adore her She is really cute, and she has a great personality. She stands up for her country, which I really admire.

[*]Takumi- I love his design. I also like his skepticism. He seems human, and not like the personality that adores Kamui blindly. He is pretty fabulous. *cough* hair *cough*

[*]Hinoka- Yeah, I like Hoshido So, Hinoka is pretty cool. I think she has a better personality than Camilla. She still loves you, since you were kidnapped, and I feel likes it is better than Camilla's "I will kill EVERYTHING. For. You." Hinoka's world doesn't just revolve around Kamui, which is why I like her. Plus she wears an amazing scarf

[*]Elise- So, Elise is really adorable. She clearly loves you, but is not a lunatic like Camilla. Her design is precious, but she seems really energetic. In real life, I think I would prefer the quiet and reserved Sakura, but Elise is still a cool character.

[*]Leon- Okay, Leon is fine. He doesn't really stand out to me. He just seems like a kinda boring character. He has a decent design, and he is the father to my favorite character. But other than that, he is just kinda meh.

[*]Camilla- This is where I start disliking characters. The obvious red flag is her degenerative and ugly design. Her cut scene makes her not seem like a sister. Her personality is really scary, to be honest. Her world is Kamui. That's it.

[*]Marx- Okay, so I really have mixed feelings about this guy. First thing; He is really quite a dingus. He seems really blind when it comes to the plot. Plus,

He kills Elise. WHYYYY!?!?!?!

But, at least he has moi as a subordinate :P

[*]Lobster-So, he is a lobster. Not too bad, he looks fine. A bit too detailed, but okay. He has the Samurai type thing going, which is kinda cool. But, he just isn't my favorite. :/

Edited by ~Inigo~

Yay! What I have been waiting for! :D

• Sakura- Okay. Many of you probably know this, but I absolutely adore her She is really cute, and she has a great personality. She stands up for her country, which I really admire.
  • Takumi- I love his design. I also like his skepticism. He seems human, and not like the personality that adores Kamui blindly. He is pretty fabulous. *cough* hair *cough*
  • Hinoka- Yeah, I like Hoshido So, Hinoka is pretty cool. I think she has a better personality than Camilla. She still loves you, since you were kidnapped, and I feel likes it is better than Camilla's "I will kill EVERYTHING. For. You." Hinoka's world doesn't just revolve around Kamui, which is why I like her. Plus she wears an amazing scarf
  • Elise- So, Elise is really adorable. She clearly loves you, but is not a lunatic like Camilla. Her design is precious, but she seems really energetic. In real life, I think I would prefer the quiet and reserved Sakura, but Elise is still a cool character.
  • Leon- Okay, Leon is fine. He doesn't really stand out to me. He just seems like a kinda boring character. He has a decent design, and he is the father to my favorite character. But other than that, he is just kinda meh.
  • Camilla- This is where I start disliking characters. The obvious red flag is her degenerative and absolutely design. Her cut scene makes her not seem like a sister. Her personality is really scary, to be honest. Her world is Kamui. That's it.
  • Marx- Okay, so I really have mixed feelings about this guy. First thing; He is really quite a dingus. He seems really blind when it comes to the plot. Plus,

He kills Elise. WHYYYY!?!?!?!

But, at least he has moi as a subordinate :P

• Lobster- Ohhhh...Dear. Where to get started on this mess. So, he is a lobster. Not too bad, he looks fine. A bit too detailed, but okay. He has the Samurai type thing going, which is kinda cool. But, here is where it gets me mad. MAJOR SPOILERS:

He orders Takumi to shoot an innocent little sister named Elise, with a poison freaking arrow. That crosses the line. Marx doesn't lay a hand on Sakura. But this lobster takes it too far.

He also just seems a bit too crazy with getting Kamui back.

You are aware that Ryoma never does that?

The whole poison arrow thing was a big freaking lie.

It never happens in the game. EVER.