Royal Siblings Bias Order

sacredenigma

I'm rather glad I can't rank them like all of you. If I tried, it would end up like this:

1: Leo.

2: Elise and Sakura.

3: Everyone else.

I just really like all of them. Even Takumi who I originally friggen hated. Their personalities and classes and friggen everything are great to me. Leo is higher because I married him, ergo he has to be best, Elise and Sakura are absolutely adorable to me, so they are also above the rest. But after that, I really can't rank them. I just like them all, and my liking-ness is very minor from 2 to 3. (and 1 to 2, arguably.)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god. Ranking the Nohr siblings is so hard for me because I love them all an insane amount.

Hmm...

Leo > Camilla > Elise > Xander >>>>>> Sakura > Ryoma > Hinoka >>>>> Takumi.

I don't really care for the Hoshido siblings. I'm neutral towards three of them and I dislike one of them.

Edited by Camilla

Currently, it's something like Camilla(thx for saving my ass in Ch. 10 bby) > Leo = Xander > Elise > the Hoshidan siblings(whom I still like based off of my current impressions), though this may change if I play/watch Birthright. If I was to rank them by visual design, it'd be Xander > Takumi > Ryoma > Hinoka > Leo > Camilla > the little sisters.

• 2 weeks later...

Mmm I don't know enough about the plot or the characters to make a detailed post, but my impressions right now are:

1) Leo

2) Camilla

3) Sakura

4) Takumi

5) Xander

6) Hinoka

7) Elise

8) Ryoma

Wonder how my list will change once I play the game.

So now that I've played through almost all of the two routes my opinions have changed a lot.

1. Still Leo. I enjoy his role in both paths. He's smart, self-conscious, very loyal to his family and country but not in a blindly nationalistic way like Xander. He understands the well-being of Nohr can be threatened from within and isn't just about "for the glory of Nohr!!" (Yeah I don't like Xander)

I love how he and at least Camilla try to find loopholes when carrying out Garon's orders to minimize unnecessary cruelty or deaths. I think if Leo were the oldest of the siblings things in Conquest would have gone way different. They're all fearful of Xander which prevents them from actively rebelling against Garon.

2. Elise. I thought she would be an annoying little kid, but she's very cute and her innocent view of the world is a nice contrast to the rest of her siblings. She witnesses some very bad things in both paths but that never seems to break her spirit.

In Conquest, I like how she tends to Sakura after she's captured, even though she is clearly jealous of her for being the other little sister. That's a very mature thing for someone her age to do. And of course, she is amazing in Birthright. The only one to join the Hoshidans and actually try to put her family back together when everyone else is either too depressed or too stubborn to do anything. Her speech to Xander is heartbreaking and even though it's quite naive, she still understands things more clearly than he does. She knows there's a problem close to home and that it needs to be fixed before Nohr can heal.

3. Takumi. In the story and supports you learn that his aggressive behaviour is really how he copes with being very self-conscious. I really liked his supports with Ryoma, because it explains why he's so obsessed with protecting Hoshido and living up to his brother.

The possession stuff is a bit ehhh. It does show that his inferiority complex is self-harming and can lead to him easily being manipulated, but I'm not a huge fan of how it's done. Haven't finished Nohr yet so maybe the last few chapters will change my mind.

4. Camilla. So she gets hate for being obsessed with Kamui, but I get the impression she really is like that with all her siblings. It's mentioned several times that she's always been the doting big sister, in her C support with Xander they mention how they have different roles in the family with the younger siblings finding it easier to open up to her.

She like Leo recognizes there's a problem with how Garon runs things, and in Conquest she's shown to struggle with finding justice while trying to protect her family, which obviously leads to her becoming severely depressed and unstable in Birthright. In fact I was surprised to see her so upbeat in the ending after all that happened.

5. Sakura. She's shown early on in Birthright and later in Conquest to be a strong character who won't let others push her into being a pampered princess and instead chooses to fight for her country any way she can. Even though she's shy she speaks up when she sees something she disagrees with.

6. Ryoma, while he's kind of bland in that most of the time he's just being the nice guy leader, he does have some moments that make me appreciate his character. He's the better older brother by far. While he's serious about his duty and responsibility he also remains approachable and likes to listen to his siblings.

7. Hinoka. I don't dislike her, but she really fades away from the story in Birthright. She has two memorable moments in Conquest but they don't really do much to develop her character.

Currently on her boss chapter near the endgame and I appreciate that there's a bit of resentment shown towards Kamui in her boss conversation. Like others have said, it would have made sense for her to have more moments like this. Curious to see what happens to her once the chapter ends...

8. Xander... Such a disappointment. He's so stubborn that he refuses to see the reality around him and prefers to keep fighting blindly for his father...

even though he senses something is wrong with him. He makes speeches about how justice isn't real but makes an exception when it involves what he wants. He seeks peace through oppression and blind obedience to a corrupt leader, even though he says the most important thing is to do what is right so evil men can't make the world a terrible place for others (read: for me). He is unable or unwilling several times to be a good leader for his country. His stubbornness actually hurts both Nohr and his family but even when things go to shit he refuses to admit he was wrong and insists he had no choice but to follow Garon blindly.

My Favorites in order

1: Elise/Sakura

Easily the most innocent and loving siblings of each side with no will to even fight their older sibling and would rather promote peace then more fighting. Elise doesn't even fight you while Sakura shows more hesitation than the rest of the siblings on each side (bar Sakura who's mentioned).

2: Takumi/Camille

Both of them have had very crappy past lives and have a horrible history. Takumi has a terrible inferior complex and feels ignored all the time and when he finally opens up it makes his characterization much better than the rest of his siblings. Camille has been troubled emotionally since the start of her time in Nohr due to parent issues (parents killing each other and abusing their children). She just wants attention and affection, just like Takumi.

3: Xander/Ryoma

The two eldest siblings of their respective nation. In Xander's case, he's loyal to his 'father' first and kingdom second but still retains his sense of conscious and love to his younger siblings and would prefer to avoid fighting them if possible. He also has more emotional conflicts when it comes to beliefs which gets worse when Elise is killed. Ryoma has a mixed loyalty, to his kingdom and duties equally. He like Xander really didn't want to see Corrin as his enemy but he attacks relentlessly when he takes it that they 'killed' Hinoka. In the end he kills himself to spare his younger sibling from dying at the hands of 'Garon' a well as to prevent Corrin from suffering from the thought of killing him.

4: Hinoka/Leo

The two of them should be 1.5 really. Hinoka suffered the hardest emotionally of the four Hoshido Royals when Corrin was taken away from them when they were realy young. She also experiences mental and emotional breakdowns whenever she has to fight her younger sibling in battle since all she wanteed was to be with Corrin once again in peace. Leo is most likely the best strategist in Nohr, a direct counter to Hoshido's Ryoma in terms of the tactical mind of the team (outside of Corrin who can side with Nohr or Hoshido, or with neither). Leo also shows more kindness and forgiveness earlier on (even if he still has doubts about Corrin) when he's first defeated.

I put the Nohr and Hoshido together cause they way they act towards you are kinda similar.

Sakura / Elise - Your little sister character are genuinely nice to you, so I like them most.

Hinoka / Camilla - Are Nice to you but they are a little to obsessive towards you. Hinoka is a little more normal, Camilla is super possessive.

Ryoma / Xander - They are good to you when you side with them, but are jerks if you choose the other side.

Leo / Takumi - They are jealous of you and seem to act like jerks no matter which side you pick (at least in the beginning).

I put the Nohr and Hoshido together cause they way they act towards you are kinda similar.

Sakura / Elise - Your little sister character are genuinely nice to you, so I like them most.

Hinoka / Camilla - Are Nice to you but they are a little to obsessive towards you. Hinoka is a little more normal, Camilla is super possessive.

Ryoma / Xander - They are good to you when you side with them, but are jerks if you choose the other side.

Leo / Takumi - They are jealous of you and seem to act like jerks no matter which side you pick (at least in the beginning).

Leo opens up a bit faster and earlier than Takumi even on their respective versions (Leo for Conquest and Takumi for Birthright). Leo opens up quite a bit earlier than Takumi in Birthright (although Leo does confess his feelings after you defeat him) but it's not until...

Chapter 25 of Birthright that Takumi makes it clear that he will not abandon or doubts his family again and that he will protect them at all costs (including Corrin and Azura, both who he had a hatred and discontent for in the beginning).

Leo in general is a bit nicer than his Hoshido counterpart but then again that's just me seeing and knowing Takumi's personality crisis.

For me:

1. Elise

2. Hinoka

3. Xander

4. Leo

5. Sakura

6. Camilla

7. Ryouma

8. Takumi

But keeping in mind this is mostly based on impressions purely from various supports read; I don't have the game yet.

Leo = Sakura > Takumi > Ryoma > Xander > Hinoka > Elise > Camilla.

Really can't decide between Leo and Sakura because I love them both a lot.

Well, after playing both Conquest and Birthright, my list changed to:

Takumi > Sakura = Leo > Elise > Ryoma > Xander > Hinoka > Camilla

Haven't finished Birthright or played Revelations so this is pretty Nohr biased but:

1. Elise - I wasn't expecting to like her at all, but she's just wonderful. I feel weird as hell marrying her off to anyone, but she's absolutely delightful in her supports and kind of refreshing in contrast to her other siblings. Also, she's damn good at immolating everything that comes her way and shrugs off magic like a champ.

2. Leo - Kind of badass for being the nerdy little brother! He's one of the few level-headed, if morally grey, characters in Nohr and not afraid to actually get shit done. He's also the one who always ends up killing dudes after battles like

Zola and Iago

Plus he's strong and easy on the eyes so, not much to dislike really.

3. Sakura - Again, I wasn't really sure i would like her, but I totally do. She and Elise are a lot alike, but in that "two sides of the same coin" type of way. Elise is bubbly, cheerful and aggressively friendly whereas Sakura is far more shy, reserved and polite. They both concern themselves with being "more mature" and adult-like, but for slightly different reasons. Sakura wants to pull her weight in the army and help protect everyone in Hoshido - she hates war and death and wants to do her best to abate it. Elise is concerned with being seen as an adult primarily by her family, and works hard in the army as a result of wanting to be more like/make them proud, probably because she never had a loving parent like Sakura did. Elise is also far less stubborn and willing to let others take the lead; she's pretty okay with doing whatever her brothers and sisters think is best. Sakura certainly cares what her siblings think, but she's going to do what she thinks is right, whether or not they happen to disagree.

I don't like her personality as much as Elise's, but I think the two of them do an excellent job of highlighting the Bonds Vs. Morality theme that the game tries to get across.

4. Takumi - He's just a genuinely interesting character, on both routes. He's bratty and a pain in the ass to fight, but his characterization makes sense and turns into a very heartbreaking/warming tale. He's also got the second nicest hair.

5. Xander - I have complicated feelings for him. He does a lot of stupid crap on both routes, but I can't tell how much of it is the game having shoddy writing and how much is deliberate character building. Either way, he's got issues. I like him for the most part though; his supports with his family members and son in particular show that he's a guy who wants to be "good", but knows he has to put the kingdom first above all else. . . and he struggles with that. He can't always do it, which makes him seem very morally flexible. He wants to tell himself that the bad things he ends up doing are justified since rulers have to be the bad guy sometimes, and his father isn't actually evil, he's just "different from how he used to be." Xander looks at his dad and thinks that this is what the job is, this is what being a ruler looks like, this is what it turns you into. When he finally gets to confront

Garon at the end and see that he really is a monster and not his dad, you can basically feel the relief coming off of him. Because better the father he loved be long since dead than be what Garon had become. It also let him know that hey, you don't have to be straight cruel to be an effective ruler, you have a choice.

So, I get him, I think.

6. Ryuoma - I haven't seen the depth of his character yet, so I'm likely to like him better later on, but he strikes me as a complicated guy. He mostly annoyed me in Conquest, up to and including

his suicide.

but I'm excited to get a better look at him in Birthright.

7. Camilla/Hinoka - I'm equally okay with both older sisters. I don't think much of either of them plot-wise, but I enjoyed the supports I've seen (especially Camilla, who is far more likable in some than others) and they're good units. Camilla has terrific hair though. The best hair.

1st: Camila, she really grew on me and became my favorite of the siblings because of her story and the way she is. I like that she has a reason why she is so unhealthily attached to Corrin and her siblings rather than it just being another character quirk. Out of all of the siblings, she is the one with the most backstory and justification for why she acts the way she does, which makes me like the character a lot more than the others because you truly feel for her, and feel an attachment to her.

2nd: Sakura. I really grew to like her character over the course of Conquest because she is the only sibling that truly still tries to treat Corrin like a brother throughout the entire story. I wish she had more time in the second half in the game because she really became on of my favorites from the small amount of time she had.

3rd: Xander. I really like this character, and am really annoyed at the fact that the story screwed him over so bad. I really liked that he was meant to be a moral guideline for Corrin, and really was a good older brother to him. Unfortunately the story shoots that down by having him be so loyal to Garon, even though quite a bit of supports hint at the fact that he has his suspicions about Garon, and have him even say he will kill Corrin at the end of Conquest if he is wrong, which is really out of character for him. He would be my number 1 favorite if it wasnt for the fact that the story really contradicts his character.

4th: Hinoka. Once again, would be higher if only she got more screentime. She also had quite a bit of backstory like Camila, and had her reasonings. I like her relationship with Corrin and the other siblings, and is one of my favorites, but unfortunately she isn't used much in the story because she was a more after thought character with I think Kagero supposed to take her place as a sibling.

5th: Ryoma. I really liked Ryoma in this game. He was that cool older brother that everyone likes when he shows up, but he is also a dumbass. I don't like how he leaves in the beginning of Birthright out of nowhere with you having to try and find him. Its really irresponsible as a future king, and was pretty stupid as a brother because he didnt give them any information and just up and left. On the other hand I like the majority of his supports, and was really sad in the end of Conquest. At the same time I like how he has a bit of flaws to him. While I complained about him disappearing in the beginning of Birthright, it also made sense for him because often times I get the impression Ryoma acts with his emotions first. It made me really liked the character because he wasnt perfect, and had those flaws.

6th: Takumi. I really f'ing hated this guy at first. Found him to be a little spoiled brat, racist, and hateful. Then the end of Conquest happened and in my opinion, was one of the absolute best points of writing in the game. I really liked how the did his character, once again having flaws for him that feel more realistic and relate-able. I also like how its shown that he did care for Corrin, and wanted to be his brother, its just he had a hard time trying to say that.

7th: Leo and Elise. Unfortunately these two, while I really liked them, I don't have any points to touch on them. They were some pretty cool characters, but I just really don't have anything to touch on with them.

5th: Ryoma. I really liked Ryoma in this game. He was that cool older brother that everyone likes when he shows up, but he is also a dumbass. I don't like how he leaves in the beginning of Birthright out of nowhere with you having to try and find him. Its really irresponsible as a future king, and was pretty stupid as a brother because he didnt give them any information and just up and left. On the other hand I like the majority of his supports, and was really sad in the end of Conquest. At the same time I like how he has a bit of flaws to him. While I complained about him disappearing in the beginning of Birthright, it also made sense for him because often times I get the impression Ryoma acts with his emotions first. It made me really liked the character because he wasnt perfect, and had those flaws.

One small nitpick---and I didn't catch it until the localization, to be fair---He did send for Kagero to tell them where he's headed, Kag was just captured and thus was held up. I agree about him being a yolo-ass fuck though--it's a character point I sometimes make fun of him for hahaha

Speaking of which, I feel bad that Kag gets captured every route. It's pretty unfair to her.

Xander > Camilla > Ryoma > Sakura = Elise > Takumi > Hinoka = Leon

^OG list, for reference

Anywho, I played both routes, and, after giving it some though, here's my new list:

Xander > Sakura > Leon > Ryoma > Takumi = Camilla > Elise > Hinoka

I've only played Conquest (just downloaded Birthright today!), so take the massive bias for that side with a huge grain of salt, I'm sure this will change extensively once I play Birthright.

1. Camilla - I don't find her fierce overprotectiveness creepy, but it is unsettling. But once you dig into the reason for it it makes a whole lot of sense, she is just trying to make the best of her own tragic upbringing. I love her supports with her siblings and various others (Niles, Beruka), she's both confident, a bit of a tease, and cares deeply for her family.

2. Leo - Leo has some pragmatism and snark which was always going to endear me to him, but again the supports with his siblings raise him to another level. I enjoy his insecurities, and I enjoy the way he deals with Garon's orders behind his back. In a cast where characters generally aren't that smart, Leo stands out. Fun guy.

3. Xander - Man, he's interesting. I totally understand why you would hate him, he is in many ways responsible for some huge moral problems, hisloyalty to Garon prevents his other siblings from acting against either out of love/fear. But that's what makes him interesting. He's so focused on being the perfect prince that he's blind to what his father has become.

4. Elise - In Elise's defence, she is my favourite "little sister" character in a series which has started to spam them, but beating Mist and Lissa isn't a terribly high bar for me. While not that intriguing in her own right, I like how she fits into the Nohr family; you can just see how her positive energy perks up her siblings and helps them keep going when their shitty upbringing and dread of dealing with their dad and his terrible orders weighs them down.

5. Ryoma - Ryoma is kinda generic, but the scene in Conquest 25 where he

puts his faith in Corrin and commits suicide

is powerful. It's enough to make him the most impressive Hoshido sibling on Conquest.

6. Hinoka - You can just feel how hurt she is by Corrin's "betrayal". Definitely felt sorry for her.

7. Sakura - I don't have much to say about her, she exists. She's my favourite Hoshidan sibling design-wise, which is surprising because my biases take me strongly away from

8. Takumi - Oh dear. I will say that when leafing through Nohring sibling supports I read a few of his and it seems like he might actually be a good character in Birthright/Revelation. That's cool, I look forward to that! But in Conquest... yeeesh. Look, it's fine that you don't trust Corrin; you shouldn't! That doesn't excuse you being an asshole to Azura, though. And then every time you fight him he babbles like a raging child. It's a bad sign when your character is literally improved by

the revelation that you are possessed by a mysterious antagonist

because it at least explains why you would act that way, even if it's not a terribly satisfying plot point.

Played FEF finally. In third route, so as of right now here are my opinions.

Leo > Sakura > Takumi > Elise > Ryoma = Camilla > Hinoka > Xander

1. Xander-He's one of the few characters who feels human. He's flawed and so is his reasoning fro what he does, but there is some truth to it and I like him for that. He's not some boring save everybody hero

2. Elise-Little sister ftw

3. Leo-Leo's cool. He's not afraid to do what is necessary

4. Camilla-She's alright but her english VA bothers me sometimes. She also needs to learn about personal space

5. Sakura-She's quiet so she annoys me the least.

6. Ryoma-He's too quiet, and while he is cool conquest chapter 12 rubbed me the wrong way

7. Hinoka-She's meh.

8. Takumi-Hate him, he's terrible. He needs to stop whining and grow up

I posted earlier in this thread, but since running through Revelations and a good chunk of Conquest, I admit I want to revise my listing a little bit, if I can be permitted.

(For reference, my first list went: Marx/Camilla <-- Ryouma <-- Elise <-- Leon <-- Sakura <-- Hinoka <-- Takumi.)

1st) Camilla remains highest ranked. While I admit a good part of me still remains irritated with the writers for messing up so bad on her supports, I've grown used to just ignoring the one-trick-pony standard and focusing solely on the aspects that made me like her in the first place. Her ability to troll and tease, her confidence in both her battle prowess and her sexuality, her gentle and nurturing demeanour with her siblings, and her heartbreaking backstory that she never leans on like a crutch made me love her from the very outset... and after playing through a good half of the game now, I love her even more than I did the first time I was introduced to her. Her supports with her siblings, ranging from reassuring Leon, indulging and encouraging Elise, and speaking seriously with Marx, were all just wonderful examples of the kind of woman she really is beneath the fanservice.

2nd) Marx was initially tied with Camilla, but his behaviour in Conquest, (and a bit of it in Revelations) bumped him down to second. I've always been a staunch defender of the Nohrian siblings' actions in their allegiance to Garon, I've seen a lot of eerily accurate comparisons to long-term victims of familial abuse from their characterizations, but... the sheer every-which-way approach the writers had to Marx's characterization made it hard to love him as equally as I did with Camilla. He's still a sweet, somewhat clumsy, well-meaning and fiercely determined young man with a lot of pressure on his shoulders, and I don't regret making him the top spousal choice for my female Kamui, but a little stability with the poor man's character would make things easier on me sometimes.

3rd) Elise bypassed Ryouma while going through Conquest and Revelations, and the spot was cemeted after I did her supports with her siblings. Her cuteness and her bubbly personality were already gaining her points, but her pluck and her steadfast belief in her ideals really kept her high on the list. She wants peace, studies hard to see it done, (Her supports with Marx were part eye-opening and partly amusing for her choice in literature.), and her sheer devotion to her siblings is heart-warming in a lot of ways. Whether it be her need to emulate her sister by dyeing her hair, standing up to Marx or Leon for what she belives is right, or sticking by Kamui no matter what, I really admire that girl for having such brass and warmth.

4th) Sakura bumped up a notch, tossing Leon and Ryouma down a few rungs as she did it. Do you even lift, bro? She's a lot like Elise, a surprising amount of brass for a girl her age and demeanour, and I can't help but be a bit of a sucker for the little sister types. I just really do want to pick either of them up at any given time and just give them giant hugs before putting them somewhere safe for the remainder of the game. The relationship Elise and Sakura develop in Revelations was also incredibly adorable, and I was extremely pleased to see them both getting along so well from the outset... Even if it was mostly just Elise dragging Sakura behind her like a flag because she cannot be stopped from making new friends.

5th) Ryouma kind of slipped in the polls for me as I played through Conquest. He's a great contrast (and yet still so similar) to Marx, but a few of his key scenes kind of made me question his priorities and his behaviour. Being so willing to let a little girl die, enemy princess or not, didn't strike a good chord with me, and his habit of rushing head-on into dangerous situations without much of a hesitation or warning didn't exactly make me think of him as a future ruler with the proper priorities in place. However, with that said, I liked his heart-before-head approach in contrast to Marx, and his caring and honest relationship with his siblings was also a great plus for him and kept me liking him even while I wanted to whack his pointy lobster head for being reckless.

5th) I rate Leon with Ryouma on terms of rankings, mostly because I can't put him any lower because I really do genuinely like him. He's a festival of snark, well-meaning and actually kind of funny snark, and he has these adorable inferiority and insecurity issues that all of his siblings address in one way or another, and it's genuinely so touching the way that Marx and Camilla reassure him of their pride and love for him. His willingness to get things done, go behind Garon's back, and point out when someone's being a moron, even if they're being a well-meaning moron, really made me love him to pieces... Which might make me sound weird when I get to Takumi later...

6th) I would normally have put Hinoka higher, possibily as high as the little sisters, as she had a lot of potential from her characterization and initial appearance, but... she feels like such a static character. She was all but ignored in Revelations until her recruitment chapter (which was heartily disappointing), and I unfortunately didn't get to see much of her in Conquest just yet. Her supports were good, and I did like her overall as both a character and a unit, but her weight in the story was extremely lacking, and it made it hard for me to care about her as fiercely as I did for others who had more presence in the narrative.

7) And... that brings me to Takumi, who is still sitting last on the list. And now that I've played some of the routes, I am convinced that he earned that place there. I admit that he's a nuanced character who earns his character development in a lot of hard ways, and he suffers greatly from middle-child-syndrome, and as a middle-child myself, I know what that's like... but I still just do not like him the way I know that I could. He never struck me the way that I know that he should have, and many times I wanted to ask him to get the stick out of his ass before I beat him with it. Even his My Castle lines just made me shake my head at him in dismay and irritation, and his support with Hinoka in particular really had me raising eyebrows before debating on benching him just on sheer principle. It's unfortunate, as I thought I could like him far more than this, but he's grating on all my nerves, and I just cannot support the guy as much as I know he probably deserves at the end of the day.