Cipher Series 5 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: August 13: September Marker Cards

Kirie

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's supposed to look creepy and it's glorious. :'D

By the way, he's fucking powerful. Negates any support skills and support-based skills.

narshen is the anti-meta card

skill 1: when deployed, pay the 1 bond cost to cause your opponent to discard 1 card from hand to the top of deck

skill 2: negate support skills (ie emblems) and support-based skills on field (ie, roy4, percival)

Edited by AstraLunaSol

Does anyone know the release dates of the Binding Blade and Radiant Dawn decks?

There's no Radiant Dawn Deck, It's a Binding Blade starter and Binding Blade/RD cards in the booster set.

According to Amazon the cards come out June 23rd.

Thanks

There's no Radiant Dawn Deck, It's a Binding Blade starter and Binding Blade/RD cards in the booster set.

Are you sure? I thought I read that there was going to be one.

her first skill is "infernal truth, forblaze". this is not a drill, people. she is wielding fucking forblaze

(oh, and the artist is kawasumi, who did some mascot cards for the last set)

Edited by bookofholsety

she's bad, unfortunately :S

edit: okay maybe not bad, but not amazing

The Infernal Element - Folblaze
Act opt, discard a Lilina. Choose up to 1 opponent non-mc dragon unit and destroy it. This unit gains +60 atk until the end of this turn

The makings of a great sorcerer

Auto opt fb1. When you discard a card when paying for a skill's cost, or due to a skill's effect, you may pay the cost and draw a card.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

she's bad, unfortunately :S

I disagree!

Situational no doubts, but you are vastly ignoring the potential of her second skill and the posibilities open due to her conditions; it triggers via effects that ask or make you to discard a card, the easy one is going for things such as discards from Cost5 lords, but do not forget this means that it can be triggered by filter effects such as Miriel and I must point out that by all means support emblems are in fact skills, in this case the ones that interest us are Mage and Dark emblems, the first one creating ''+2'' situations as you would discard a card you deem useless for two new cards which could possibly be also useless, but they could also give you a tool you needed let it be for an effect or crits/avoids and the later even gets nulified (if once per turn).

This last point keeps us to it's second condition, effects that MAKE you discard a card. This means on-field effects of various dark mages making it so Lilina eases them a lot and even filters a bit if you are able to only discard useless cards, this can sometimes place you at an advantage due to the usually high cost of tehse effects as far a you are able to avoid discarding something important such as MC avoid or if you are lucky enough to get said important thing back (or something of equal value).

To resume, yes her effect is not particularly useful at first glance. But it has more upsides than downsides thanks to it's potential as lucksack dependant as it may be.

Her first effect is... alright enough. Not AMAZING but it is a counter for Nowi and other important dragons and wyvers, funny how or last card before her was one. If you pull this effect you can also use her econd effect off it so you basically fitered your hand a bit, destroyed an enemy unit and got 120 1-2 range unit on your side for one bond.

Again, the first effect is a bonus that hardcounters some stuff (Though not as gamewinningly as Azura) and the second effect is where it's at. This seems to be a trend seen in Bastian4 and Narcian as well, where the primary effect is some sort of card advantage effect that's fairly cheap, and the secondary effect is going to randomly win you games.

I'm not hearing any people complaining that Clarine's secondary effect makes the card bad, for example.

Well, knowing that character specific support skills aren't even worth mentioning more often than not is already common knoweldge.

Recognicing which card effect is the one for which you play the card compared to the other effect which is basically just a nice bonus is something that comes later upon playing the game a bunch and thus knowing how it flows which makes it easy to separate the effects in these two cattegories, granted there are cards in which both effects are good but more often than not you play it for one of them.

Edited by Jariu

I for one am thankful that no one is praising how great this card is game wise - cipher has a pricey history with good cards that also happen to be cute girls.

I LOVE the art for this card, and if I don't get lucky enough to pull it I would like to have a legitimate shot at one.

Definitely one of my favorite cipher cards ever released.

I for one am thankful that no one is praising how great this card is game wise - cipher has a pricey history with good cards that also happen to be cute girls.

I LOVE the art for this card, and if I don't get lucky enough to pull it I would like to have a legitimate shot at one.

Definitely one of my favorite cipher cards ever released.

it's a decent draw power card, and can nuke dragons, in addition to being lilina :P

it'll be decently expensive, guessing ~1500-2000 yen

the obvious maximum abuse situation is to combine this with a deck that spams mage emblem to get draws (ie, mage marth)