Cipher Series 5 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: August 13: September Marker Cards

Kirie

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4/6 for the binding blade SRs guesses (was wrong with Fa and Dieck). And well everybody guessed those 4. Thinking Shana's going to take that last spot, she's got a starter exclusive card, and flying srs do really well on the aftermarket.

The same Nono's effects ! =D

Not really, her bond play effect is radically different at the time of being used compared to Nowi and the +30 is just generic Manakete effect.

and flying srs do really well on the aftermarket.

Well, this is only because they are either really good (see Elincia and Shiida) or just sheer waifu tax no matter if the card is actually good on use but has a lot of demand from collectors (see Camilla and Cordelias).

So she has to be amazing for her to be high as I highly doubt that her waifu tax is particularly high on this day and age, it is an over 10 years old game.

Edited by Jariu

Well, this is only because they are either really good (see Elincia and Shiida) or just sheer waifu tax no matter if the card is actually good on use but has a lot of demand from collectors (see Camilla and Cordelias).

So she has to be amazing for her to be high as I highly doubt that her waifu tax is particularly high on this day and age, it is an over 10 years old game.

I don't think its necessarily waifu tax, but the lack of really good srs in this game. Flyers will always have that 30 support so they will never be THHHHAT bad. But yeah, if she's obviously a bad card, she won't do as well as say the first set Lucina who really had a bad card but is just pure waifu tax.

edit. I'm still kinda grumpy that Mia got the SR over Elincia.

Edited by Draxal

edit. I'm still kinda grumpy that Mia got the SR over Elincia.

At least it means both R and R+ Elincias will be easier to pull and/or buy! I really want both.

At least it means both R and R+ Elincias will be easier to pull and/or buy! I really want both.

This. As much as I love SR textures and all, for people like me who just love to collect the characters not having a SR actually helps.

I love Fae - if she's bad, all the better if I don't pull her - she'll be easier to get.

I know all that is selfish thinking :p

You got read between the lines, like with Sevr and Jenny in Gaiden.

...Huh? I have no idea what you're saying here, nor who those characters are since I've never played Gaiden. But yeah, this isn't a shipping thread, so back on topic.

I don't care for Micaiah at all, so I still hope for some kind of Hero Ike card.

And Mia is probably more popular than Elincia, sadly. I wish this would go more by story importance than popularity myself though (and obviously, Elincia is way more important). Not to mention I hate Mia anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't care for Micaiah at all, so I still hope for some kind of Hero Ike card.

Since Ike's SR is 89, and Soren's R(+) is 90, it looks like we won't get a Hero Ike card unless it's some sort of promo. Additionally, Mia's SR is 92, so it also looks like we won't be seeing the other Greil Mercs this set either (unless I'm mistaken, Mia was numbered last in the group in Set 3 and in RD's recruitment, which is what it seems the numbering goes by for Cipher).

Uh, it could be number 88, the number right BEFORE 89. And considering Hero promotes INTO Vanguard, not the other way around...well, you figure it out. :P

Although I don't really know anything about how the card game works, so...

If we don't see the other mercs, that sucks. Because Mia sucks and I want the mercs I actually like. Enough about Mia hate though, I don't wish to repeat it over and over.

Edited by Anacybele

Uh, it could be number 88, the number right BEFORE 89. And considering Hero promotes INTO Vanguard, not the other way around...well, you figure it out. :P

If we don't see the other mercs, that sucks. Because Mia sucks and I want the mercs I actually like. Enough about Mia hate though, I don't wish to repeat it over and over.

Generally the prepromoted version/more common cards come after the rarer one in the numbering.

The other mercs were already in set 3 - I'm assuming we're going to see mostly the Dawn Brigade/new characters in this one since all of the Greil mercs already got cards last time (or at least most of them).

I don't remember seeing many of the mercs in set 3. But maybe I completely forgot. I remember seeing Boyd, Mist, Mia, and I think Titania, but none of the others.

I don't remember seeing many of the mercs in set 3. But maybe I completely forgot. I remember seeing Boyd, Mist, Mia, and I think Titania, but none of the others.

2 Rolf 2 Oscar 1 Shinon 1 Gatrie 1 Rhys off the top of my head.

Not to mention Greil himself.

2 Rolf 2 Oscar 1 Shinon 1 Gatrie 1 Rhys off the top of my head.

Not to mention Greil himself.

Yep, also 3 Ikes, 2 Sorens, 2 Mists, 2 Titanias, 2 Boyds (not including starter deck exclusives) just to give exact numbers.

As Hakkari had already mentioned, the promoted card always comes first partially due to rarity. For instance, Ike as a Lord was 01 and 02, while as a Ranger he was 03 in the third set. But like you said, you don't know much about Cipher, so it's fair that you didn't know that. But next time, maybe consider that you don't know how something works before taking a demeaning tone? Perhaps it's just me, but that first part of your post came off as a bit rude.

Anyway, I figured that the Greil mercs would be put to the side in favor of the Dawn Brigade/the other Tellius characters that we didn't see, which is why SR Mia came as a shock. I guess I still expected a lower costing Ike since they gave him the SR, but oh well.

Edited by Together We Ride

I could see him being the guide promo this series, Roy and Lilina already got the magazine promos.

I was also expecting a new level 1 ike. Because his old one isn't a great card; and Lucina/Marth got new level 1's in the last set.