Cipher Series 5 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: August 13: September Marker Cards

Kirie

Oh wow, Shade in a respectable outfit that isn't just for showing bust, it had to happen sooner or later. A nice change of pace.

I wonder what shenanigan effect Emma has now~

And a gambler uh, well this series does run like 87% on RNG so fair.

Where Yuzu at interestingly enough, she hada goodcard last set what now.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap Fa is bad.

I don't necessarily see how it's bad. Skill is optional and you can use it to set up strong attacks if you happen to draw a great support card which you can just bond and send to the top of your deck. Seems like a solid endgame card to me. I would say Nono is better just because you get some card advantage out of it since they do go to your hand, however forcing certain supports can make attacks more consistent or even since there is a lot of emblem interaction in purple. Can force a sword/axe support for Dieck.

And barring the skill, still an endgame 80 base unit with a 20 support. Far from bad imo.

(This is all assuming I'm reading her first skill correctly. Once per turn you may send a bond to the top of your deck?)

Edited by Rei

Yeah, I sort of like Mic, but not enough to hold on to the card if I pull it. Which means I'll get two!

I'm a bit salty that so far in the twitter reveals it's been 15 green to 11 purple. Green also has all of its SR's revealed and 3+ cards to BB's 1+. I'm keeping a spreadsheet that I'm using as a checklist, and I've noticed that it's starting to get a bit lopsided.

Problem with the support stacking is you are effectively removing bond number for no card advantage, at least nowi was basically filtering (and why she's broken).

Yes, Nowi's filtering is great. And yeah the support stacking has no card advantage, but isn't required to do every turn which makes it a useful tool. For sure Nowi's better, but just wanted to put out there that Fa was far from "bad"

Yes, Nowi's filtering is great. And yeah the support stacking has no card advantage, but isn't required to do every turn which makes it a useful tool. For sure Nowi's better, but just wanted to put out there that Fa was far from "bad"

Basically Fae is just average (maybe above average) and Nowi makes Fae look baaaad (because Nowi is overpowered).

Can't wait for the stream tommorow HYPE

IMG_17062016_141431.png

and now we know who the 4th original Cipher character is. looks like he will be getting all the land based mounted cards. Nice to know they decided to not ignore that they have many girls collecting the cards and gave us a male OC. Rand/Lando I think is his name if I remember my katakana correctly.

edit: is it just me, or does he look like a scruffy Levin?

oh and for the east coast, Japan is 13 hours on EST, 14 hours on EDT, so 14 hours ahead right now

Edited by Aquantis

lewyn what the hell are you doing, you are not a cavalier, knock it off

and now we know who the 4th original Cipher character is. looks like he will be getting all the land based mounted cards. Nice to know they decided to not ignore that they have many girls collecting the cards and gave us a male OC. Rand/Lando I think is his name if I remember my katakana correctly.

edit: is it just me, or does he look like a scruffy Levin?

oh and for the east coast, Japan is 13 hours on EST, 14 hours on EDT, so 14 hours ahead right now

You weren't the only person to make that observation. He actually reminds me of Fiore De Rosa from Bravely Default.

As for the confusion about the stream, its because Japan doesn't honor daylight saving time while the US and Western Europe does.

Edited by Draxal

Aha! That makes sense.

And I know I am gonna eat some serious crow for this, but I actually kind of like Rando...

You can have all of my doubles of him k thx (still would have taken a legit BB character over him, but he has some character of his own).

I don't hate the Cipher characters, but I agree that this new guy look pretty cool. I think what sets Land/Rand/Rando/Lando (Calrissian) apart is that the way he was designed fits the universe he was put it better than the others, if that makes sense? Like sure, Ema, Shade, and Yu... Yuzu? Yozu? The other one, whatever, all fit into Fates and Awakening's universe well enough, but not really being a fan of those games doesn't help me to favor them. And then seeing them in Tellius and Archanea just feels wrong. Lando over here though looks like he could actually be in one of the older FE titles, which appeals to me more.

Edited by Together We Ride

I don't hate the Cipher characters, but I agree that this new guy look pretty cool. I think what sets Land/Rand/Rando/Lando (Calrissian) apart is that the way he was designed fits the universe he was put it better than the others, if that makes sense? Like sure, Ema, Shade, and Yu... Yuzu? Yozu? The other one, whatever, all fit into Fates and Awakening's universe well enough, but not really being a fan of those games doesn't help me to favor them. And then seeing them in Tellius and Archanea just feels wrong. Lando over here though looks like he could actually be in one of the older FE titles, which appeals to me more.

That's cause he's literally just lewyn with longer hair :P

I actually think Yuzu fits pretty well into the older armor - I agree about Shade and Emma. I think its more their hair pieces that make them feel a bit odd (like, if Shade didn't have the horn things I think that her FE10 design would actually look really nice. It also helps that ...Lando? has really nice artwork off the bat. The N card especially looks really nice.

Oddly enough, I don't think Lando looks like he's from Elibe because he isn't a shota.

That's cause he's literally just lewyn with longer hair :P

I actually think Yuzu fits pretty well into the older armor - I agree about Shade and Emma. I think its more their hair pieces that make them feel a bit odd (like, if Shade didn't have the horn things I think that her FE10 design would actually look really nice. It also helps that ...Lando? has really nice artwork off the bat. The N card especially looks really nice.

I mean you're not wrong lmao.

And it isn't so much the armor for Yuzu that got me; it's more the art style I guess? It didn't give me the Archanea vibe I guess (but the same could be about a few Archanea characters we've seen in Cipher too I suppose). And I agree, the hairpieces don't help Emma and Shade's case, but again for me I think it's the art style.

Oddly enough, I don't think Lando looks like he's from Elibe because he isn't a shota.

Dieck, Hector, Bartre, and Douglas would like to have a word with you! And that's just considering FE6 :P

Thankfully they aged up the main cast a bit in FE7. Ema I could see in every universe, she's pretty timeless. Otoh, Shade screams 13/14 and it looked odd in her sage card for Tellius.

Edited by Draxal

If anyone was wondering about Rando's effects:

1 Rando
Social Knight / Cavaliar

Cont. This unit gains the Symbol of its support.

Attack Emblem

(meaning if Rando is supported by a red Marth, Rando gains Red for that battle. Which also most likely means all the Bond acceleration, hero emblem will be activated)

-----

3/2 Rando
Paladin

Cont Perform the Support skill of this unit's support twice.

Cont This unit gains +10atk when supported by a card with a support skill.

(Most likely, it means if he attacks and triggers an archer's attack emblem, it would result in 60 + 10 + 20 + 20 + 20. Or if a Mage emblem, draw 1 discard 1, then draw 1 discard 1 again. Just possible examples)

Taken from the FECipher facebook page.

Well, the thing with Emma is that by all means she looks like Pegasus Knight, and a fairly standar one at that overall, but her thing is that her ribbon is very distinctive compared to pre-FE13 Peg. Knight accesories which where always either a simple headband or just a string (or whoever you call those things) to hold their ponytail if they even have an accesory to begin with.
Emma on the other hand has her ribbon, which easily catches the eye compared to the previously mentioned ones due to it being red on top of the aforementioned points and was probably selected to accentuate the fact that she's very young due to ribbons being seen as something young girls wear, like, she's literally 14 they said it.

Shade is, well, she's literally everything a post FE13 dark mage and blatantly from FE14 to the ninth degree, you could slap her into the game and no one would bat an eye. With her headpiece that fact is going to pursue her wherever game she gets in.

Yuzu is interesting, while her head accesory is pretty distinctive it's nowhere as bad as Shade's. Along this she was placed in an interesting spot due to her classes and how her gender is generally presented in older FEs in said classes assuming they are even there at all.

Yes she's just myrmidon girl at base and first promotion and looks standar, of the serious face variety alongside Fir, Marissa and Athena. But things get interesting when she starts to go to other classes.

This far she has only been out of her class in her Red cards, Sniper and Hero, the first only having female representation in the Archanean characters via Kleine in FE12 and she's an enemy (alongside her only arts being fairly elusive) and Norne which only has art as an Archer in FE11/12 where she joined the ranks. The point here being that we simply don't know how a female Sniper looks in Archanea very well. The second is even worse as there's not even a female Mercenary in those games at all to begin with, even less a Hero; which ends in us simply not knowing how a female one is suposed to look at all.

In other words, Yuzu's two reclasses look outlandish to us because there's simply not much of a point of reference outside of the sprites which don't give anywhere as much as 3D models at all (ignore Tellius map models lmao) so the artists end having to take a number of liberties while keeping some distinctive points on her attires becauase, well, it is Yuzu and not some rando.

Speaking of, Rando... he's just Jugdral man let's be real here, he has the hair, he has the color, he's a goddamn cavalier, he has a good part of the Jugdral face. The only thing that sets him outside of that place is his poped up collar with a pattern and that I'm going to assume he's from Elibe.

but he's just Jugdral man, you could translate his face into an FE4 sprite, hack it into some random boss, and no one would bat an eye.