Cipher Series 5 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: August 13: September Marker Cards

Kirie

wow, I hope I pull some of the more expensive + cards or that their prices come down a lot.

right now the ranges I'm seeing:

5-001SR+ ~2000y - 3500y (Roy)

5-003SR+ ~4800y - 6500y (Lilian)

5-051SR+ ~3000y - 5300y (Michiah)

5-054SR+ ~3000y - 4700y (Sothe)

5-074R+ ~1600y (Elincia)

5-086SR+ ~4000y (Sanaki)

5-086SR ~2200y - 2300y

7-002R+X ~1300y - 2000y (Eliwood)

looks like most other SR's are in the 800y-1600y range, so not too bad. Roy, 5-001, is an exception as he is only ~300y.

R's and R+'s seem to be in the 300y-900y range

(I looked at amenity and rakuten)

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any thoughts on how this set is going to effect the meta? And what will be the money SRs be?

Money SR's seem to mainly be sanaki and lilina, followed by narshen/ike/micaiah/sothe

The interesting thing is that there's few polarizing prices if you disregard SR+'s

sanaki is at roughly 2500 yen. lilina can range from 1500-2000. Narshen is ~1500, but ike/micaiah/sothe all range at about 1200 or less, and mia is 1000. The cheapest SR's being rutger (300), fir(700), roy (300) and geoffrey(250)

Sophia is 800, btw

So there are no huge money cards but a bit more balanced throughout

Green got buffed immensely, and purple has no/few viable lords, but some very neat effects.

To talk about the meta, sanaki, elincia5, ike and sothe should change the meta immensely.

Green focuses on midgame strength, but certain decks such as ike absolutely truck other decks.

Sanaki focuses on playing level characters and instantly gaining their abilities, and gains durability/power from it, however she has a weaker earlygame because she initially cannot attack, and her midway promotion is at a weak 50

Elincia5 may end up being viable for a deck, but we dont know, geoffrey1 gives her +20 on defence

Ike will aether you every turn after turn 4, that means you will probably lose the MC v MC battle, and lose 2 other units easy, that is terrifying to play against since you can't maintain a board at all, and makes you play in a "i just need to play this card and hit him every turn" mindset. The best way to defeat him is either kill him before he gets to get 6/4, or be able to out damage him after (which is incredibly difficult)

Sothe is an interesting one, since he can kill whatever you deploy, which becomes a huge mindgame later on, however it has a favorable matchup against a pretty popular deck, FCorrin4W, effectively preventing her from summoning units via her Tempered Corona skill.

Purple will likely be splashed around for its good effects, until it can get a suitable lord in Set7. Eliwood would be a good lord for purple, but he has no 1 at the moment. Narshen in particular is pretty easy to add with good effects, eliwood could see play as well.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

It pleases me to know that the cards I absolutely want the most (Roy, Rutger, Nailah/+) aren't even on the radar for being expensive. Roy's SR+ isn't even that bad. Why is his normal SR so cheap though?

Still hoping for a Lilina. I honestly feel like getting a Sanaki is ho-hum for me, same with Sothe, so at least it's good to know if I get stuck with them that they can pull their weight in trade.

This is helpful, because I'm one of those dopes who just thinks a SR for a SR. I don't play the game so I don't know.

It pleases me to know that the cards I absolutely want the most (Roy, Rutger, Nailah/+) aren't even on the radar for being expensive. Roy's SR+ isn't even that bad. Why is his normal SR so cheap though?

Still hoping for a Lilina. I honestly feel like getting a Sanaki is ho-hum for me, same with Sothe, so at least it's good to know if I get stuck with them that they can pull their weight in trade.

This is helpful, because I'm one of those dopes who just thinks a SR for a SR. I don't play the game so I don't know.

Nailah is 250 for her +.

His SR is extremely cheap because it's a typical +30 to your side if you flip 3 bonds and discard a roy, which is generally only used for a final turn push. Compare it to Marth, who has the same effect but the +30 lasts until the end of the opponent's turn, he costs 500. Another problem of roy's is that he's extremely normal, his starter 4 cost just gives him 1-2 range, and nothing else.

The boxes should generally barely pay off their weight, since there are more average/mid priced SR's, but you wont be making huge bank on boxes like in previous sets, since they lack the huge money cards (but have more low end cards as a result as well.)

Edited by AstraLunaSol

Thanks for the reactions, kinda confirmed what I thought about the set (that there would be no gamechanger like Set 3's Hoshido Corrin), but at the same time it seemed like alot of hardcounters were made. Glad Narcian is doing well as, SR villians haven't been so hot, but solid abilities + 30 support matters.

Edited by Draxal

Nailah is 250 for her +.

His SR is extremely cheap because it's a typical +30 to your side if you flip 3 bonds and discard a roy, which is generally only used for a final turn push. Compare it to Marth, who has the same effect but the +30 lasts until the end of the opponent's turn, he costs 500. Another problem of roy's is that he's extremely normal, his starter 4 cost just gives him 1-2 range, and nothing else.

Thank you! Part of me is a little bothered that Roy is made in to a 'weakling' again, but ah well. As a devotee to the character, can't complain about the price (and heck, at that price I'll buy multiples).

You said green was buffed - are beast themed decks a little more viable now? Nailah/Volug want to make me learn how to play a little, and Ranulf/Lethe have always been favorites. Tormud/Zihark/Jill seem to do alright with them, as well.

I'm a sucker for the furries.

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

Thanks for the reactions, kinda confirmed what I thought about the set (that there would be no gamechanger like Set 3's Hoshido Corrin), but at the same time it seemed like alot of hardcounters were made. Glad Narcian is doing well as, SR villians haven't been so hot, but solid abilities + 30 support matters.

Ike/Sanaki are probably the closest to FKamui's turn 4 BS, especially Ike. Getting Aethered every turn after turn 4 sucks.

Thank you! Part of me is a little bothered that Roy is made in to a 'weakling' again, but ah well. As a devotee to the character, can't complain about the price (and heck, at that price I'll buy multiples).

You said green was buffed - are beast themed decks a little more viable now? Nailah/Volug want to make me learn how to play a little, and Ranulf/Lethe have always been favorites. Tormud/Zihark/Jill seem to do alright with them, as well.

I'm a sucker for the furries.

Yeah, sadly roy isn't great, on the plus side, eliwood is looking to be good once set 7 comes.

Ranulf deck got buffed I suppose, but he's the only one worth MCing, ranulf has more tools to work with like nailah/kurth. Still wont work against some decks, but it's fine, it's just not super competitive.

Made a minor update to the OP to add the Caravan promo cards to the promo section and put all the promos in order. Looks like we've got all of them, unless they announce more promos after the Guidebook Micaiah promo.

Happy release day, everyone! I paid for my AmiAmi order yesterday and I splurged on EMS shipping this time around, so hopefully I'll get my boxes, deck, and Lilina sleeves early- to mid- next week.

Happy release day, everyone! I paid for my AmiAmi order yesterday and I splurged on EMS shipping this time around, so hopefully I'll get my boxes, deck, and Lilina sleeves early- to mid- next week.

You too? I was hoping to get my cards on Saturday with EMS but its looking like Monday unless they ship very very soon.

Good luck everyone! I hope you get that one card you want the most :)

I used to ship via EMS all the time when I lived in the States and often got my stuff in like 2 days, though I haven't since I moved to the Netherlands. I figure it'll take a bit longer since customs fees need to be calculated. But I still haven't gotten a shipping update with tracking number yet, even though I paid over 24 hours ago. I'm so impatient. >_>

Edited by Kirie

I used to ship via EMS all the time when I lived in the States and often got my stuff in like 2 days, though I haven't since I moved to the Netherlands. I figure it'll take a bit longer since customs fees need to be calculated. But I still haven't gotten a shipping update with tracking number yet, even though I paid over 24 hours ago. I'm so impatient. >_>

I haven't gotten anything after 24 hours either. I'm impatient too heh.

Just got my shipping notice now! :3 It's not showing up on my own country's tracking site yet, so no delivery estimate, but I'm guessing early next week.

Just got my shipping notice now! :3 It's not showing up on my own country's tracking site yet, so no delivery estimate, but I'm guessing early next week.

Hey what a surprise, so did I. It's showing up on the Japanese tracking site at least. Probably next week too.

In other news, my copy of Nintendo DREAM arrived today, much sooner than expected. I guess my first S5 cards are the Lilina promos! :P She looks super cool, too. <3

Got mine! Tracking is showing up. Cmoooon Saturday!

Waiting is extra hard now that things are released :p

Definitely. This is always the worst time in the set release life cycle. -_-; *f5s the tracking site again*

In other news, my copy of Nintendo DREAM arrived today, much sooner than expected. I guess my first S5 cards are the Lilina promos! :P She looks super cool, too. <3

Just got two copies of that along with Dengeki (I like having promo playsets if they're not alternate art promos). The guidebook that came with Dengeki Nintendo was a pretty cool extra.

What would be best to get the booster box or deck? I know amiami is good but I'm not sure how to go about it. Promo Xander looked very noble.

Depends if your a collector or intending to play the game.

Structure Decks are better for overall playing the game. They're already premade and not random in what you could get.

Promo Xander is only 1 of 2 promos, so you might not even get that.

Either way if your a collector I would recommend buying singles of cards so you'll have everything.

I bought my cards with the help of another person, and he told me that the box is coming! I'll probably will receive it in like... 15 days, it's a very long wait... I already want to see what R and SR I got!

Im getting them to play so I should get the deck?

If your getting cards to play a structure deck is the best way to start from the ground up.

From there you can decide whether to invest otherwise. Other factors include having others to play with you and if your committed :p

I love the game as a whole by the way.

2 set 5 boxes came in today ( getting 2 next month when some other stuff comes out as well).

I oddly enough got signed Roys in both of my boxes and still had 4 srs (ike, sothe, sanaki, mia, sophia, fir, lilina, narcian) in those boxes (the other boxes that I had SR+s only had 3 SRs in the past IIRC).

A little change that they did that is much appreciated by me is they dropped a normal for a HN so there's now 3 HNs in each pack.

Edited by Draxal