Cipher Series 5 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: August 13: September Marker Cards

Kirie

Not every character needs that dramatic flavor text framing, they're overusing it now. It's a shame as the artwork is great.

Welp, welcome to japanese cardgames that aren't Yugioh mah boi.

What they are doing is quite simple and non-invasive I'd say, I mean Vanguard goes NUTS with it's dramatic text lately in the special cards and scaling higuer by the set that gets them.

Honestly I'm quite curious on how we are going to scalate form here because in only a year we already have + variants wit diferent arts while the more variable + texts began since Set3.

I got a feeling that those who are not SR will not appear as (master class) 3rd tier.

Elincia 5/3 is an R.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, those Rarities and tiers scrambled my expectations. Well, my bad I guess.

I see a lot of cards getting demoted one stage relative to the game.

I mean Soren gets his alternate art as a Wind Sage. You normally wouldn't expect him to get an Archsage art.

I had a feeling Kita did that one! I always love her work the most, even when I don't know for sure it was her. XD

But Ike is still a hottie here as always. <3 (I can't stop staring at his bicep in particular...)

I read the description of his skill and I thought.

The amount of bonds needed to flip for Aether is too dann high. Needs a lot of support units to work a lot easier.

His second skill reduces aethers cost pretty well, so after turn 4 if you've been stacking him the cost should be 2 or even 1, spam it.

Also, since Ike appears to only have one card this set, I pray to Yune, Ashera, AND Ashunera that he gets an SR+... It wouldn't be right if Elincia and Soren get R+'s and Ike only gets an SR, right? Or maybe he'll get a promo card as a Hero... that'd be cool.

Anyway, my fanboy is showing.

Also, since Ike appears to only have one card this set, I pray to Yune, Ashera, AND Ashunera that he gets an SR+... It wouldn't be right if Elincia and Soren get R+'s and Ike only gets an SR, right? Or maybe he'll get a promo card as a Hero... that'd be cool.

Anyway, my fanboy is showing.

He'll probably get an SR+ along with Micaiah.

Edit. Forgot Sanaki took an SR+ spot. Woops.

Edited by Draxal

He'll probably get an SR+ along with Sothe and Micaiah.

I'd agree with you, but let's not forget that Sanaki already was confirmed for an SR+. That means it's likely between Sothe and Ike now.

Yeah, as a fangirl myself, I'd totally love to see a Hero Ike card. <3

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

hot DAMN, that's probably the best art i've ever seen kaneda do. even if i'm not sold on the outfit, the rendering is pretty fantastic

(first skill's called "undying flame". his second skill is the same binding blade skill from his other great lord cards)

I gotta say, none of the SR's this set disappoint (at least artistically, and I know some are gonna fight me on Geoffrey about this...). Roy looks hella cool, and now all but one of FE6's SRs have been revealed.

But we haven't gotten a single Micaiah card revealed on Twitter yet, have we? Poor girl, she's getting pretty neglected for appearing on the set's cover.

Edited by Together We Ride

Now that I'm back home on my own computer I can keep the OP of the thread updated again. Yay! \o/

Roy looks amazingly cool in this art. Really can't wait for the set to come out next week!

Saw the new Roy and Ike cards today. Man they look so sick! Really glad to see that they did a Vanguard version of Ike, I hope they do his Hero version as well. Since we saw Vanguard which is a 3rd tier class hopefully we will see others like Trueblade.