Dakota's War Journal (Semiblind Fire Emblem Fates RP/LP) (Send me your castles!)

Alastor15243

LP direction  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do about covering the Paralogues?

• Cover all of them
    • Only cover the ones relevant to Dakota or that you feel you can do something interesting with
    • Don't cover any of them
  2. 2. What should I be able to edit about my character in Conquest/Revealtion?

• Boon/Bane, but not Talent
    • Talent, but not Boon/Bane
    • Both
    • Neither
    • Do what you like
  3. 3. Should I use the path bonus items?

• Yes
    • No

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay with this part, I've been having trouble gauging exactly how to proceed into what I have planned next. When I wrote the last part I had a slight brain fart when it came to gauging Jakob and Azura's reactions to Dakota's actions at the end. Compounding the issue is the fact that for both of these characters, I'm dealing with canon baggage. For Jakob it's the fact that he's undyingly loyal to Dakota just like he is to Corrin despite the fact that Dakota is drastically different and did little to nothing to inspire such loyalty in her youth, so I've been working on justifying this loyalty in some other way.

...And for Azura it's... well...

Okay, I'll be blunt: I hate writing for Azura. She has practically no personality in-game other than being mysterious, and the way in which she's mysterious is really annoying to work with since her reasoning for it is arbitrary and doing so much of the story blind has made it really difficult to write her consistently with her secrets. Now that I know her full story, I'm going into damage control mode, but honestly it'll be a miracle if I manage to make her behavior throughout all three volumes make perfect logical sense, much less make her a significantly more compelling character here than in canon. But damn it, I'll try.

Thanks again for your patience. I can't make any promises, but I think I might be able to go back into more regularly scheduled updates if I can get over this one last major hump here.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, it was blind. You couldn't have possibly known what would happen, especially since Azura is so wooshy-wooshy mysterious about it all. Also, have you read Jakob's backstory? I think he explains it in the support with Mozu. It may help with the whole loyalty shabang. Aaaanyways, I think justifications aside, you're still doing a great job. As the plot thickens, we travel far to find the madness below. And Dakota is going to make SO many more intelligent choices than Corrin baby. I believe in it.

Edited by Julius

Dang it, it didn't work.

I'm really bad at this.

I just saw what I did wrong.

Maybe...

Nope.

I'm really sorry. I won't post anymore, I promise.

Edited by Julius

You did the ending one right but you put the first one in parentheses instead of brackets.

As for Jakob's backstory, I know he was abandoned and left with no other option but to work as a servant, but his loyalty to Corrin is due to Corrin's kindness and his desire to continue to serve them. But Dakota was openly a massive douche back then, only really gave much thought to him and Felicia when they joined her on the battlefield, and thought little of them then too. That's the issue I have, and now that the story's getting more serious I can't ignore this anymore like I could in Birthright, and especially not now that he's at least temporarily a primary character.

Edited by Alastor15243

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
Whoa.
Why did I think it needed to be in parentheses? Holy wow, my computer skills are through the roof today.

Also, oops. Of course you knew about the Mozu conversation. I guess I've subconsciously forgiven Dakota for being such a dick to his soldiers, so it didn't occur to me that was the case here. But don't overthink it. It doesn't need to be super complicated. And forgive my shenanigans, I swear I'm not insane.

Clinically.

Edited by Julius

Holy crap, I don't know how I missed this. To be honest, I browsed the LP section and sort of ignored everything. For some reason, this caught my eye and I clicked on it. A wonderful decision on my part. I really loved this; I binge read it all day yesterday. I love love love the main character's development throughout their journey and the complete rewrite of the stories you've threaded together. The amount of backstory you've given certain characters is amazing (and shows what we could have had had IS actually tried).

I believe my favorite part is Midori's paralouge, along with the explanation as to why Xander keeps Peri around. I always wondered just why he kept around such an individual canonically and I do find what was done with her in this series to be fitting. Another thing I am curious about is the reason as to why Camilla wanted Laslow as her retainer and why Laslow refused.

As for your characterization problems, I wish I could help but Azura is a bit of an issue considering her bland and somewhat nonsensical portrayal.

I wish you all the luck and support, friend.

Looking forward to how you make Revelation's story work, with what a great job you did for Conquest I'm sure you'll make it great! Just wondering though, what would've happened had Dakota failed Conquest? Would it have affected the story (e.g. Dakota getting sent straight to Revelations, not knowing everything from Conquest) or would you have just ended your run there? I'm sure you'll be fine for Revelations, the maps are more tedious than difficult really.

Looking forward to how you make Revelation's story work, with what a great job you did for Conquest I'm sure you'll make it great! Just wondering though, what would've happened had Dakota failed Conquest? Would it have affected the story (e.g. Dakota getting sent straight to Revelations, not knowing everything from Conquest) or would you have just ended your run there? I'm sure you'll be fine for Revelations, the maps are more tedious than difficult really.

Thanks, sorry again for the delay, what I have planned for the next part is rather experimental and I'm nervous about it, and it was really, really tedious to set up as it turned out, but I'm hoping it works, and I'm ready to attempt it either today or tomorrow.

As for your question...

...Let's just say that a tidbit of information I intend to reveal later down the line, if you pay attention, may give you an idea of what I may have planned to do in that instance.

Just writing to clarify that yes I am still alive. A combination of an extended inability to sit down for more than an hour or two and stopping for the day right at the most tedious part of the job (bad idea, do not do this) screwed with my schedule. Plus this part is, as I said, experimental, and...

...Anyway, hopefully I'll get something out in the next few days.

Entry 2

(Dakota's treehouse. Dakota is lying, unconscious, in bed, her torso wrapped in bandages. Azura is sitting at a nearby table, reading Dakota's War Journal. Jakob climbs up the ladder and walks through the front door.)

(Click to open music in new tab)

dAUG3Dk.jpg

Jakob: ...Anything?

RvxWnkR.jpg

Azura: No. Still no response.

jJbcpeH.jpg

Jakob: I'm not surprised. It's a miracle she's even still alive after what she did to herself.

V6OE68X.jpg

Azura: She has you to thank for that.

i3G2LKq.jpg

Jakob: ...Hardly, Azura.

PJ5xB5P.jpg

Jakob: With our current resources? And a common heal staff? Frankly I doubt anyone could have done much better, and it was still a shoddy job.

C1hGPaq.jpg

Jakob: In all honesty I don't understand how that didn't kill her.

X4G6nDY.jpg

qWNuk61.jpg

Azura: ...Maybe it has something to do with this place?

Jakob: Perhaps.

Bbx41K0.jpg

ZqvA3BN.jpgUZvcqVA.jpg

Jakob: Perhaps I'd know for sure if Dakota had taken even five minutes to explain this place to us before pulling that stunt.

DtzCtKl.jpg

qBFuww5.jpgRzjVDAF.jpg

Jakob: Maybe then we'd have some idea of what the devil is going on.

8iQJqkK.jpg

Bs6pOcV.jpgjhb37o3.jpg

Jakob: We risked a lot to follow her, after all.

BmranZU.jpg

Bi3KOVn.jpg

Jakob: That was a fine way to repay us.

h69D9UG.jpg

iPbsL22.jpggxJ3Aod.jpg

YBjGs3o.jpg

Azura: ...You honestly don't seem too mad.

nYo6gx5.jpg

Jakob: ...Don't I?

rDFGXhs.jpg

Jakob: ...Interesting.

Vlffq6Y.jpg

Jakob: ...But not surprising.

cBjKQOm.jpg

Jakob: To be perfectly honest with you, madam, I'm used to this sort of treatment from Dakota.

q3t5NUJ.jpg

1gZBLyB.jpgqIzTyXS.jpg

Azura: You're used to her trying to-

1WfsjPk.jpg

Jakob: I'm used to Dakota not thinking about anyone but herself.

xibo6NY.jpgT1VaPSd.jpg

Jakob: She's a selfish, spoiled, entitled, megalomaniacal narcissist, and over the eight years I've served her, I've hardly ever seen her act like anything else.

j9aE5d6.jpgcLlM5ua.jpg

Azura: ...Wow. (Looks back at Dakota's War Journal) You don't say... I wonder what happened to her in the future to make her... (looks back up at Jakob) ...Wait. Then why on earth did you risk so much to follow her?

nWgvcYq.jpg

Jakob: ...That... is not something that can be explained in words. ...What about you?

U9G4QWm.jpg

(Azura looks up from the journal)

LVmpekB.jpg

Azura: ...What about me?

UuzQ3pd.jpg

Jakob: You asked me why I wasn't more upset over what she did. What about you?

uVCVOWn.jpg

(Azura looks back at Dakota's War Journal)

kR77AvK.jpg

Azura: ...Honestly? ...If I were in her position? …I...

6K0nMrH.jpg

Jakob: ...What? What position?

JSlOfw7.jpg

Azura: (Shakes her head) ...So.

9qdZu0s.jpg

Jakob: ...So what?

geR4kop.jpg

(Azura puts the journal down)

QUvfznP.jpg

Azura: (Weak smile) We're... we're in trouble, aren't we?

vqnmsaT.jpg

Jakob: ...Things certainly don't look fantastic.

sc5sCQ9.jpg

Jakob: We're a dangerously undermanned band of fugitives with the two largest countries in the known world after us, and our job is to stop a continent-wide conspiracy to destroy all of creation.

Ho5zvAs.jpg

Azura: ...What do you suppose our chances are of getting out of this alive?

Z1cWkuf.jpg

Jakob: There's no point in answering that question before Dakota wakes up, Azura.

p2DD0d5.jpg

Azura: Why?

Gql7eWV.jpg

Jakob: As I said, Dakota is a selfish, spoiled, entitled, megalomaniacal narcissist.

fd2pTUZ.jpg

Jakob: She is also unspeakably brilliant, dangerously cunning, and a prodigy in nearly every discipline even tangentially related to the art of war.

5pigLBD.jpg

Jakob: There is no doubt in my mind that the Dakota I know could get us out of this predicament.

oQUZsaT.jpg

Jakob: ...The question is whether or not the Dakota lying in that bed can.

nCpKDDm.jpg

Jakob: You said that she mentioned going through two attempts at the war before this?

a3Ar2tL.jpgRmcfEoa.jpg

Jakob: Then whatever she saw, whatever she went through, it's clearly taken its toll on her.

ABRxhhh.jpg

Jakob: Garon did not prepare Dakota for the real world, Azura, and in hindsight I think that was intentional.

3kt5hXh.jpg

Jakob: But whatever the case, the Dakota I know would never even try to take her life for any reason.

Sn5UqmS.jpg

Jakob: She's clearly been under a lot of pressure.

Hj6aLeT.jpg

Jakob: And, to be perfectly honest, Azura...

4e19zxl.jpg

Jakob: I think we have to prepare ourselves for the possibility that she's completely cracked.

zKGxBeU.jpg

(Silence)

j42M6Mk.jpg

Azura: Well then... I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

F4Telda.jpg

Azura: In the meantime... It's just occurred to me... we've barely met.

Cc65eFI.jpg

Azura: And we're going to be working together for quite some time.

9djrkM8.jpg

Azura: I suppose... we should introduce ourselves?

m4MBZWt.jpg

Jakob: ...Very well.

oVqq4iR.jpg

Jakob: I'm Dakota's butler and retainer.

WWNv92t.jpg

Jakob: As I said, I've served her for eight years, ever since she was ten.

VFzajdW.jpg

Jakob: I'm from Southern Nohr, hence the accent. I grew up in Garristone, back when that was still a sovereign city-state before Garon seized control of it “in the name of public order” after the blight hit.

iCoT4F1.jpg

Jakob: The men in my family have been butlers serving various nobles for generations. We were... relocated after Garristone fell under Garon's rule, and I have served Dakota since my fifteenth birthday.

K5sc8wJ.jpg

Jakob: My life since that point has mostly consisted of what I'm sure you would describe as “tedious busywork”, so I will not elaborate. You?

QofNUvQ.jpg

Azura: ...I'm a former princess of Nohr, kidnapped by Hoshido after Sumeragi's death and Dakota's kidnapping.

A1UTJvb.jpg

Azura: The plan was to trade me back in exchange for Dakota, but Garon laughed off this demand and said Mikoto could keep me for all he cared.

DlHu3J2.jpg

Azura: Or at least... that's... the official story.

eVC9Ioz.jpg

Azura: If... if what Dakota says is true... then who knows the real reason why I was kidnapped? After all... Mikoto...

(Azura and Jakob are both silent for quite some time)

UYEa2Sl.jpg

Azura: ...Heh. You know... it hasn't really sunk in yet... what Dakota said... with everything that's happened since then... I haven't really gotten the chance to really...

9lmAXzq.jpg

Azura: ...Honestly I'm starting to miss the hour or so when I thought she was simply dead. At least then I still had all of those precious memories of our time together... but now... now I don't even have...

(Azura takes a deep breath)

cvMU2ts.jpg

Azura: ...Nevermind. It's... not like it matters in the long run.

(Jakob looks for a second like he's going to ask what exactly she means by that, but decides against it. Both of them sit at the table in an awkward silence.)

(Stop music)

Azura: ...So... How long do you suppose we're going to be stuck here waiting for Dakota to wake up?

Jakob: ...I'm sorry, Azura, but I simply haven't the slightest idea. I've never treated a case like this before.

(Dakota's hand twitches)

Jakob: For all I know, she could be like this for weeks.

(Dakota's eyes open)

Jakob: Months.

(Dakota, groggily, sits up in bed)

Jakob: Dare I say it... even years. And that's assuming there's anything left of the Dakota I know still in her. Who knows what is going through the inner labyrinth of her mind at this very moment? Forces beyond our comprehension may be doing battle within her at this very moment, forces Dakota hasn't dealt with at all in her entire life. I'm sorry to say, Azura, that she may be nothing but a mere shadow of her former self, a broken, hollow, empty husk. There's simply no way to-ah!

(Jakob turns around, Azura following suit, to see Dakota getting out of bed, standing in front of the full-length mirror in the corner of the room, and unwrapping the bandages around her otherwise bare chest, leaving her in nothing but her Nohr princess outfit's black panties. The bandages drop to the floor, revealing Dakota's chest wound to be completely healed.)

(Click to open music in new tab)

Dakota: ...Ha...

Jakob: ...Milady?

Dakota: Hahahaha... hahahahahahahahahahaha...

Azura: ...Dakota?

Dakota: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

(Dakota spins around dramatically, looks to the ceiling, and pounds her right fist over her heart)

Dakota: DO YOU SEE THIS, YOU TWO!? GARON!? MIKOTO!? DO YOU SEE THIS!? NOT EVEN I CAN KILL ME! AND IF MY OWN WORST ENEMY CAN'T DO JACK SHIT TO ME THEN WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING TO ACCOMPLISH!? GET OVER YOURSELVES, YOU TWO, YOU'VE NEVER BEEN ANYTHING MORE THAN A DISTANT THIRD!

(Dakota rushes to her Nohr princess armor and begins putting it on)

Dakota: Oh dear Papa Garon and Mommy Mikoto... you with your armies... and your artifacts... and your spies... and your decade-spanning continent-wide conspiracies... well HOW'D THAT WORK OUT FOR YOU BEFORE!? Oh that's right! You don't know! You weren't there! Because I killed you! Well then let me inform you of the score! It's an admittedly sickly two... to FUCKING NOTHING!

(Dakota finally puts her cape back on and grabs Yato, giggling maniacally)

Dakota: So here we are... no more do-overs. The stage is set, the gloves are off, and the gauntlet is down! The curtain shall rise today upon the adventure of the century as my boon companions and I march directly into the slaughterhouse! But here's the shocking twist, Mother... it is I who shall seize the cleaver!

(Dakota turns to face Azura and Jakob, striking a dramatic pose and stabbing Yato into the floor)

Dakota: Prepare yourself, world! Because Dakota Waterstone Vendelgate of Nohr finally knows what she wants out of life, and now there is no force on heaven or earth that will keep her from getting it!

(Dakota rushes over to Jakob, grabs him by both shoulders, and gives him a kiss on each cheek)

Dakota: Brilliant work, Jakob, superb! Words can't say how blessed I am to have you on hand. The second this campaign is over, you, Felicia and Flora are getting paid weekends off for the rest of your career! But for now, my dear comrade... we're needed.

(Dakota dashes out the door, leaps off the balcony, and lands on both feet and one hand before taking off towards the throne. The others chase after her while she inspects the crystal ball.)

Dakota: Come on, baby, what do you have for me this time...?

(The Crystal ball glows both with dark and light energy)

Dakota: YES! THANK YOU! JACKPOT! The Time Castle is finally banging on all cylinders and ready for action!

Jakob: Pardon me, Milady, but... what exactly does that mean?

Dakota: It means that my greatest weapon just got even greater!

(The Rod Shop, Staff Store, Dawn Armory and Dusk Armory all materialize haphazardly around the castle)

Dakota: See this!? The forces of light and darkness both are with me now! We've got Nohrian and Hoshidan stores! (Pondering gesture) Oh good gods this is going to become a nightmare to fit everything fashionably... (Throws hands in the air and steps away from the crystal ball) Problems for another day, boys and girls! Listen well! The three of us shall reconvene in one hour by this very crystal ball. (Points) Jakob! Bring the chalkboard, a stick to point with, and a pot of fresh coffee black enough to paint The Devil's Caves!

Jakob: (Bows to her, suddenly smiling) At once, Milady!

Dakota: (Points) Azura!

Azura: …?

0oTeJ3N.jpg

Dakota: What in the gods' names are you doing with a bronze lance? Where the hell did you even get that thing? Where's your naginata?

Azura: ...What? ...Uh... how...?

Dakota: Never mind, I'll add it to the shopping list. Brace yourselves, friends, for we have a lot to do! Worlds to protect, dictators to overthrow, armies to build, spouses to fuck, conspiracies to expose, dysfunctional extended families to save, busy busy busy busy busy!

(Dakota runs off. Jakob stands there smiling, Azura stares, overwhelmed and confused, as Dakota dashes away.)

Azura: ...Um... Well... What...?

Jakob: Thank the stars above. The glorious lunatic walks the realm of man once more.

Dear War Journal,

I.

Am.

Back.

Not entirely sure on the how and why, but when I opened my beautiful eyes upon this beautiful morning, an epiphany was on my lips and in my heart. A beautiful epiphany, a glorious epiphany, an epiphany that sang to me and showed me the light and the way:

Fuck it.

I got mopey. I shouldered the guilt... hell, I drowned in it. I spent night after night plagued by nightmares of what I've done, and what I had to do to fix it.

And where's it gotten me? Really now, where has it gotten me? Has it improved my performance at all? Has it helped anyone?

No. Of course it hasn't.

All it's done is make me, for one absolutely insane moment, consider the unthinkable.

It ends now. For real this time.

I've made mistakes.

I've made terrible mistakes.

But I've also fixed them, at great personal risk and cost. I've fought tooth and nail, through hell and back, and gods damn it, I've earned my chance to be happy again!

I saved the world! Every single person on this entire planet owes their life to me! Why shouldn't I forgive myself!? Where the hell do I get off holding a grudge against myself, thinking I'm better than me!?

I have a family waiting for me... two families waiting for me. They want their sister back. And they're getting their sister back! Their real sister! Not some guilt-ridden empty shell that can't make any of them smile!

So enough obsession over the past. I'll make amends for what I can't take back, I'll learn from what I did take back, but beyond that...

Fuck it.

There are no repeats, there are no more expendable realities. This is the future now, and I'm going to make the best of it I can, and face it with courage, passion, love, and yes Lilith, a smile!

Now let's get down to business.

Lgd8nbI.jpg

REDECORATING TIME!

mSZnzqf.jpg

SktDuWi.jpg

Behold, the glorious land of New Lilith, our home and base of operations! Strangely, no, wonderfully, the pattern has not held. While West Dakota wound up being weaker than East Dakota and lacked various capabilities, it would appear that New Lilith has the combined power of both of them! I've never seen the crystal ball glow with that kind of power before!

Njd21xk.jpg

This even means I get the ability to scout out and warp to skirmishes back! I'll have to keep that in mind in the future.

The only real “downside” is that, as I said, this place is probably going to get cramped and I might not be able to keep all of the breakable buildings away from enemies during invasions. No matter. On to business!

vluJUKF.jpgiCHRwSv.jpg

Just a quick check-in to report a discovery while shopping: Not only do I have access to weapons and healing devices from both sides of the continent, I also have double access to all universal limited-stock items, since each store has its own separate stock of them! No more having to jealously ration class change seals, I have twice as many as I had before! Huzzah!

Up next...

Time to set up my old network of trade partners and allies.

E4qKcUc.jpg

OTHERWRORLDS, HEAR MY CRY! DAKOTA WATERSTONE VENDELGATE OF NOHR IS HERE TO SEEK AUDIENCE! MY WORLD IS IN NEED OF YOUR AID! I CALL UPON YOU ALL! PENETRATE MY QUIVERING BODY WITH THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!

...Oh yes. This should do just fine.

MyGcRTB.jpg

Right then... let's do this!

Dakota: Excellent! Everyone's present and on time!

Jakob: Of course, milady. And as requested...

(Jakob slides the wheeled chalkboard to the center of the throne platform)

Jakob: Milady's chalkboard, complete with chalk...

(Jakob gestures to a nearby table with a coffee pot and cups on it)

Jakob: And milady's fresh pot of hyperbolic metaphor.

(Dakota walks over, pours herself a cup, and chugs it down with satisfaction)

Jakob: Now as for the “something to point with”, well, you left me a lot of creative leeway there, however...

(Jakob hands her a riding crop)

Jakob: From the stables. Seemed the most fitting.

(Dakota takes the riding crop and slaps her hand with it before letting out a deep, staggered, almost laughing exhale)

Dakota: Oh Jakob... you know me so well.

(Dakota immediately gets to drawing on the chalkboard for a minute or two)

Dakota: Very well! Let's begin!

(Dakota twirls the riding crop in her hands before whipping it at the chalkboard to point at two childish caricatures of the heads of Garon and Mikoto, with arrows pointing to them connected to the words “Butt” and “Also Butt” respectively)

Dakota: First off: These two. King Garon of Nohr and Queen Mikoto of Hoshido. While officially they are sworn enemies, and officially one of them is dead, they are secretly working together to use this whole war as an excuse for an act of mass human sacrifice! They are readying a ritual powered by human souls to fuel an amulet that will allow the two of them to destroy and then reshape the whole of reality in their images. This ritual will require not only a huge number of their own soldiers and one of the royal thrones, but my soul as well. Between the two of them, they have roughly 2,000 soldiers, while we have... three. So, let's start with the fundamental question: Precisely how boned are we?

Azura: Um... well... I'd say... very?

Dakota: So sorry! Wrong answer! The correct answer is: not at all! Upon further reflection, I've come to realize our situation is far more favorable than I initially feared. Yes, vast conspiracies are scary and all, but they're fragile things that lose their power forever once exposed to the sun.

Azura: Yes, but how can we-

Dakota: Two countries, two sides of the continent, each fed two completely different and mutually exclusive narratives regarding the motivations of their neighbors and the events of one bloody night twelve years ago, all to force two normally-unwilling armies to suit up and kill each other. Brilliant plan! There's just one problem: it relies, it depends upon a vast communications blackout only made even remotely feasible by the relative difficulty of travel between the two halves of the world until very, very recently.

Azura: ...Which means this conspiracy was never meant to survive contact with the enemy for very long. The narrative would unravel a month into the war, if even that.

Dakota: Precisely, Azura! Now normally this would be plenty of time. A few high-stakes bloody battles between enemies who wouldn't think to talk to each other would have satisfied the soul requirement, and meanwhile I'd be rushing as fast as I could to one or the other throne room. Hell, even when Garon allowed the narrative to collapse in the second timeline after an attempted peace treaty at the wind tribe village, he managed to keep his own desperate, starving people in line through fear long enough to do what he needed. But even then, that all depended on everyone remaining ignorant for as long as possible to the true scope of the real conspiracy. And I just exposed it in front of all of the royals.

Azura: But nobody believed you but us!

Dakota: But don't you see? That doesn't matter! All that matters is that I made them think about it! That's all it takes, because the very notion is so absurd it wouldn't occur to anyone otherwise without a cornucopia of evidence! And that's been the conspiracy's greatest strength throughout the first two timelines: that it didn't occur to anyone, meaning nobody noticed the mountain of inconsistencies that explained it! But they'll notice them now. Every strange order, every reluctance to disclose, every unsatisfying answer or overreaction to an inconvenient question... they'll keep piling up. Or in other words...

(Dakota points to a drawing of a female torso in a sweater)

Dakota: These fiends have bedecked Lady Reality in an unfathomably tacky sweater of lies. I only managed to make the tiniest nick in it, but it matters not. The blow has been struck (whacks at the bottom of the sweater with the riding crop), the hem has been frayed (sweeping motion with the riding crop smudges the chalk), and now all that remains is for a couple of brazen individuals to yank at the threads until Lady Reality's glorious twins of Truth and Fact are on display for all the world to see once more!

(Dakota slaps the riding crop in her hand)

Dakota: They don't have much time before the secret's out and they lose all authority, and I think they all realize that. Which means they'll be getting desperate. And that means they'll be getting sloppy. Meanwhile, thanks to New Lilith, we have all the time in the world to plan every last one of our moves. They may have the superior brute force for the time being, but we have every advantage when it comes to actual strategic liberty. As long as we're smart, there's no reason we can't win.

(Jakob claps)

Jakob: Very good, milady! But I do have one tiny issue... that advantage in brute force you spoke of... it is considerable, is it not? They have tens of hundreds of troops, and we're just a princess, a butler and a dancer!

Dakota: Correction, my good man: A princess, a butler and a dancer... with an assload of weapons!

(Dakota pulls back a tarp on a weapon rack)

VUWQIkZ.jpg

Joker: What in the name of...?

ydZIvOl.jpg

Dakota: Not only that, but I've managed to secure a few more, erm... “allies” as well.

Azura: How did you do all of this!?

Dakota: Power of friendship. Not joking. Long story. Don't ask.

bxf8Akr.jpg

Dakota: Also a crack in spacetime.

(Dakota starts handing out equipment)

Dakota: And besides, it's not like we'll be taking on the full force of the army any time soon.

06P4JfK.jpg

Dakota: ...Here, put this on, Azura. This should toughen you up a bit...

Azura: Alright.

Dakota: As I was saying, our main priority at the moment is to, first and foremost, lose the rest of our pursuers back on... let's call it “Middle Earth”, and then after that, gain as much intelligence as we can as to what's currently going on, and then do everything we can to safely gain the alliance of anyone we can get our hands on, while on the lookout for anyone else loyal to the conspiracy. Which is why the current objective has officially been changed from “run away like cowards” to “run away like cowards and conduct reconnaissance”. Jakob, I'm assuming you have many questions as to how exactly this conspiracy is being carried out?

Jakob: More questions than I've asked in a lifetime, milady.

Dakota: Well, our next destination is going to sort all of that out for you. I can't explain until we get there, but you're just going to have to trust me until then. I will update you further on our plan when I've finalized it. So that leaves only one more order of business for the day before we retire for the day and set out tomorrow morning: training exercises! Everyone grab a training weapon! We'll go a few rounds and then have some fun watching the creepy floppy bond units whack each other senseless! WHOO!

(Dakota runs off towards the center of New Lilith)

Azura: ...I... guess we should go after her?

Jakob: Yes. That would be best. And for the record, Azura?

Azura: Hm?

Jakob: To answer that question you had earlier? …This is why I followed her.

Edited by Alastor15243

Entry 3

Dear War Journal,

S9r5LaM.jpg

Ahhhh... it's another beautiful day in the glorious land of New Lilith! The sun is shining, the birds are singing...

What a wonderful day to plot the death of the enemies of the free world.

hzxwyMG.jpgMC7Wg1O.jpg

I5qGiWx.jpg

The results of yesterday's training session. Undeniably our greatest disadvantage at the moment is how low-manned we are, but I've taken some steps to mitigate that, first and foremost by making sure what few forces we do have are in the best possible condition. And thus in addition to getting the three of us up to a respectable level, I gave Azura a significant survivability boost by teaching her how to wield the guard naginata. That took some doing, but eventually I got her there.

a20s6Tf.jpgDlfcTsQ.jpg

In addition, I've selected two of these friendship babies for active use. Theo the knight, courtesy of one Ren, and Rhoda the diviner, courtesy of one Cavvy. Rhoda's fairly decent, our only tome and scroll user, and can hex people, which should be handy. Theo's just around to give me somebody bulky to use as a guard stance partner, since I'm the closest thing to a competent tank the army currently has.

I have more, but there's still a hard limit imposed by New Lilith on how many units I can deploy, and it never exceeds the number of “real” units I have access to by more than one or so, so I focus on quality.

Also because what little training I accomplished with Rhoda is more than I care to do again.

It was like training a puppy but without the puppy.

DXJdfDw.jpg

Right, on to business: our highest priorities right now are to secure allies and gain information. Our objective now is primarily the latter while also getting our enemies and misguided friends off of our tail. To this end, we're going to the Bottomless Canyon to do you-know-what. I need to gather more information on... lands beyond the borders of Xelbus.

But that's not the only reason. I know I'm telepathically sending these words to you and not speaking them out loud, but I don't want to dance with “the curse” too much, so I'm waiting until we're actually in there to write a very important message in you that will be essential to recruiting future allies.

cew1ZeQ.jpg

Speaking of allies... damn it, I wish I had had more time to revise my poor instructions to-

(Dakota turns around)

Dakota: KAZE!?

(Jakob spins around and readies a dagger, Dakota puts her hand up)

Dakota: At ease, Jakob.

(Kaze kneels)

Kaze: Lady Dakota. Lady Azura. I'm glad to see you are both safe. I was tasked with leading a search party to bring you in. I just barely managed to see you in time to misdirect the rest of my squad. We have five minutes to talk, that's all I can guarantee.

Dakota: Then you're with us?

Kaze: I can't deny your story is... something I'd rather not believe... but I trust you, Lady Dakota. And I always did have questions of my own about that night in Cheve.

Dakota: Excellent. Take this.

(Dakota throws Kaze a sending stone ring, which he catches effortlessly)

Dakota: Forgive me for not giving you this earlier, I didn't have the resources at the time and didn't expect us to be split up last timeline.

Kaze: Will I be joining you, then?

Dakota: ...No. Not yet. Our “army”, such as it is, is already 80% support. Skewing the balance even further would be extremely dangerous. At the moment you're more useful as a spy.

Kaze: As you wish. What are my orders?

Dakota: Are any of the Hoshidan royals nearby?

Kaze: No, milady. They suspected this might be an elaborate diversion by Nohr and are returning home to plan.

Damn it! If they were nearby I might have been able to lure them into the Bottomless Canyon and make them consider my story...

Dakota: Right. Do whatever you can to give us a clean path to the Bottomless Canyon. Then return to Hoshido and spy on Yukimura for me. Let me know what he's telling the troops, how the narrative is holding up, who buys it, who's having doubts, and who seems to be loyal to the true plot. Do you know the song “Dusk Falls”?

Kaze: Is that the song they were playing when I was being hunted for sport in Nohr?

Dakota: ...Yes.

Kaze: ...Then I think I remember it.

Dakota: Very well. Tap the rhythm of the first 11 notes of it into the stone when you're ready to report, and I'll answer if nobody not on my side is around.

Kaze: Understood. (He thinks for a moment) Head towards the canyon mountains and stay off of the paths. You shouldn't have any problems getting to the canyon... whatever your reasons may be. Anything else?

Dakota: ...Yes. Please be careful.

Kaze: ...

Dakota: ...Things didn't work out so great for you in the second timeline either.

Kaze: ...Understood.

(Kaze departs)

Dakota: ...This moment never happened. Understood?

(Jakob and Azura nod)

Dakota: Alright. Let's move.

(Dakota, Azura and Jakob arrive at the Bottomless Canyon)

Jakob: ...So... what exactly are we here for, milady? Did you hide a special weapon here?

Dakota: Jakob, what I'm about to tell you is probably going to sound ridiculous.

Jakob: Ah, so business as usual, then?

Dakota: Pretty much. I can't tell you why, just yet...

Azura: But we're going to have to jump into the Bottomless Canyon.

Jakob: J-jump into... wh-what?

Azura: I'm sorry, Jakob, but trust us, it'll all make sense once we've gone through. I promise it won't hurt you.

Jakob: How can you be so certain!? It's the Bottomless Canyon! Nobody who's ever fallen into it has ever come back out!

Dakota: Except for myself. And Gunter. And Takumi.

Jakob: Gunter's alive!?

Dakota: Yes. As a matter of fact, name one person who's fallen in here who hasn't been heard from aga-...

Wait a second...

Oh shit.

Azura: Jakob, I've jumped down there before, I assure you it's perfectly safe.

Jakob: ...If milady insists...

Azura: Right then. On the count of-

(Dakota puts her hand in front of Azura, stopping her from climbing over the bridge's rope)

Dakota: Stop. Wait. Tell me, Azura... this canyon's... destination... how many different places can the canyon lead?

Azura: ...Only one. At least going in. Going out, nearly every “ledge” leads back here. Why?

Dakota: DAMN IT!

Azura: What's wrong?

Dakota: There's only one exit for this thing?

Azura: That's what I said.

Dakota: Which means that if anyone wanted to do “border patrol” and keep intruders out, they could?

Azura: ...Oh no... Do you think it's guarded?

Dakota: Oh it's definitely guarded. We can't just jump in.

Jakob: ...So... we can't jump in, but not because it's the Bottomless Canyon?

Dakota: Gimme a minute, Jakob.

Azura: What are we going to do? Do we change our plans?

Dakota: No, we need the intel, and this is probably our only chance.

Azura: Then what?

Dakota: ...Azura... In the last timeline, there was this... thing... you showed me you could do. This... method of transport... that only the two of us could use.

Azura: ...Yes?

Dakota: Can it take us to roughly the same area that the Bottomless Canyon would lead?

Azura: ...If we use it from here, yes. We'd wind up a good 200 feet away or so, but we'd be there.

Dakota: Alright, now we're getting somewhere. So... how exactly does that work? Why can only we use it? How and why does it bar other people?

Azura: I don't know. I'm sorry, Dakota.

Damn it. And I can't just go in that way and then summon Jakob there from New Lilith. That didn't work last time either. I think something there keeps people from being teleported in by New Lilith's summoning magic (but not the portal Leo made, incidentally). Damn it all... what other options do we-...

...Wait...

Dakota: ...What about things?

Dakota: Well, we used that method in the last timeline once. Memory's a little foggy, but I think, I think that we didn't wind up beating the tar out of purple soul zombies bare-handed and with our tits hanging out. Y'know. Seeing how Gunter didn't die of a heart attack.

Azura: ...

Jakob: ...

Dakota: So obviously we can bring weapons and clothes. Do you know what else we can bring?

Jakob: ...

Dakota: Stay with me, you two.

Azura: ...To be honest... I haven't... really... tested that...

Dakota: ...Right. Guess there's nothing else for it. Jakob, do you still have your sending stone ring?

(Jakob holds up his right hand with the ring on it)

Dakota: Excellent.

(Dakota looks around for a body of water and notices a small river running by the abandoned fort)

Dakota: Alright. Listen up, you two. Here's the plan:

[Passage redacted for dramatic tension]

(Azura and Dakota emerge from a lake in the mysterious floating island realm. Azura emerges gracefully. Dakota, however, emerges hacking and coughing and sneezing, crawling out of the water.)

Azura: Dakota! Are you alright!?

Dakota: Hnnng! I think I hit something... on the way there... got flipped around... for a second I was backwards... got water up my nose... at 65 miles per hour... I've given birth to twins at 720 times normal speed without flinching and that still hurt like a bitch...

(Dakota quickly does her best to regain her composure)

Dakota: So... here we are... in... damn it, we need something to call this place. Any suggestions?

Azura: Valla.

Dakota: Hm... has a nice ring to it...

Azura: No, I mean that's the place's actual name.

Dakota: Yes, I- ...wait, what? You knew the whole time and you never told me!?

Azura: Did you ask?

Dakota: I'm almost certain I did.

Azura: Well there wasn't much point in giving you a word that would melt you if you said it.

Dakota: ...Granted... okay... there's another mystery I'm probably not getting the answer to from you. Here we are in... Valla...

(Dakota contacts Jakob via sending stone ring)

Dakota: Ahem! Jakob! We've made it. Now no matter what you hear, do not make any comment whatsoever regarding Azura's and my current location until you arrive here, or else you will spontaneously dissolve. It's this ridiculous curse thing. Are we clear?

Jakob: Crystal, milady.

(Dakota suddenly grabs Azura and carries her over to a nearby ruined wall. They both look carefully past it to see ten humanoid figures patrolling a cliff.)

Dakota: Let me guess, Azura... that's the Bottomless Canyon's exit?

Azura: ...Yes. Looks like you were right. It is guarded.

Dakota: Let's see... what next... ah yes!

(Dakota takes out her pocket dimension convoy bag, opens it, and holds it upside down. Rhoda the diviner slowly slides out of the bag like a slimy fish, rigid and headfirst, hitting her head on the ground with a thud and no reaction, before going limp and flopping to the floor. Dakota moves to the side, shakes the bag vigorously, and Theo the knight comes out the same way. Dakota snaps her fingers and the two bond units snap to attention and get to their feet.)

Azura: (Dumbstruck deadpan) I can't believe that actually worked.

Dakota: Yeah, not gonna lie, I was not confident enough to try that with an actual human being. Still not.

Jakob: (Through sending stone) Your reluctance to stuff me in a pocket-dimensional sack warms the cockles of my heart, milady.

Azura: Alright, it's four to ten then. Those aren't fantastic odds, but I imagine you think we can take them?

Dakota: No. We can't.

Dakota: Those aren't the only soldiers. Those are just the human ones. See that cave over there? (Points to a nearby cave on the other side of the ruined wall they're hugging) I'm picking up a lot of Purple Ones inside. I'm guessing that they're the mindless reinforcements for when the actual humans call for them. The humans are responsible for checking for unauthorized entry I imagine. If we attack the human soldiers and they call reinforcements out in the open... we'd be screwed.

Azura: Do we retreat?

Dakota: No. I think if we sneak in the cave we'll be able to clear it out safely. I think I see some good bottlenecks and safe spots in there.

Azura: You think? Don't you have dragonvision? Can't you see through walls?

Dakota: Yes, but... it's weird... there's something in there that's... keeping me from seeing everything. We'll have to proceed with caution, clear the way for Jakob, and then proceed with our investigation. Understood?

Azura: Yes.

Dakota: Good. Then let's go.

4Kjd2FH.jpg

Right. Let's get going. We have no healer for this mission, which is unfortunate, but we do have Azura's healing aura, Rhoda's sheep spirit, and four vulneraries. That should be enough if we're careful.

kEPA5zo.jpg

It's not getting any easier to pierce this weird fog now that we're inside, War Journal. All I can make out is the area where their leader is at the end, and the places immediately around us. Thankfully I can still see stats for everyone I can see. But still, we're fighting almost completely blind. We'll have to make sure not to get overwhelmed.

Not much else we can do to prepare, really...

Begin.

t3fdF66.jpg

...Seriously?

The first path I take spontaneously warps me back to the entrance?

Why!?

What possible purpose does this serve!?

...Calm down, Dakota. Focus on the mission. At the very least this means our starting location only has one path in.

pSxzU12.jpg

Right, we encounter our first enemies. To me they're barely a nuisance, especially with Theo and my dragonstone, but I was right to be worried about facing them out in the open.

hpbGiL5.jpg

Here, fighting them is straightforward.

e4pvaJK.jpg

...Good gods, What the hell is with this place? The warp runes and carved tunnels mean it's clearly manmade, but all of the intricate design choices are all terrible ideas for a battlefield! This place is designed such that a single sufficiently powerful warrior could use the bottlenecks and dark tunnels to infiltrate it with ease, and all the warp panels serve to do is annoy us.

...I suppose the obvious conclusion is that this place was not designed to be a fort. But then... what the hell was it designed to be? And what kind of non-combat structure would have fortresses indoors!?

ygMPpJ0.jpg

I kill the archer to prime up my dual guard. The ninja will attack first so that the most attacks are done with stat penalties, but that means the ninja will trigger my dual guard, and then I'll hit the spear fighter and cavalier with counter-attacks without being weakened at all.

MKN5gDF.jpgH5elHeG.jpg

9Wg75Mq.jpgBrkJ9lA.jpg

DIY5as1.jpg

All according to plan.

PxUenc4.jpg

We continue clearing out the place... rather uneventfully.

KAjlArx.jpg

Score! Treasure trove! For a second I had a pang of regret at not bringing Kaze along, but then we couldn't bring him anyway, and it looks like they have keys on hand!

I WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO TAKE THOSE OFF YOUR TRANSPARENT HANDS!

eXCFTJo.jpg

Fantastic, another rescue rod! We can never have too many of those.

aVzY6xW.jpg

Not as great, but still good to have in the long run.

FfkXAWL.jpg

Always handy to have on hand.

okO3d7k.jpg

Ugh. What purpose do these warp panels serve!?

jFb1ou2.jpg

More enemies...

WuwK9lm.jpg

...More treasure!

oKywaiN.jpg

Looks like we missed a spot here. Gods, this is a stealth mission deep in enemy territory against a vast conspiracy of two countries with the resources of a third ancient mystical civilization, hell-bent on destroying all of reality! WHY IS THIS SO TEDIOUS!?

ufkhba5.jpg

At least the treasure's holding up in quality.

qroCQvK.jpg

Another room... another small batch of enemies...

ydrPnzA.jpg

*Sigh*... Step twelve on my path to greatness...

pwG2ti7.jpg

...I'm noticing that none of these enemies have skills. That's... jarring... I've gotten so used to checking for enemy skills, and now...

...Wait... is that your plan, Garon and Mikoto!?

TO BORE ME TO DEATH AND LULL ME INTO A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY, AND THEN RAM FIVE HUNDRED ENEMIES WITH COUNTER UP MY ASS!?

AHA! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

FUCKING TRY ME!

oiKgzLe.jpg

Right, the treasure continues to hold up in quality...

qwO7Yry.jpg

Gunter!

Yes, I was wondering when he'd show up...

RKv5Z0V.jpg

...He's nowhere near as powerful as he was in timeline two, and I'm betting he has just as little room to grow...

QNA3nY3.jpg

...But he's still a fantastic pair-up partner for me, certainly until I can get my beloved puppy hubby (huppy?) back!

4HKm9RS.jpg

I'll switch Theo over to Rhoda for now and roll with Gunter from here on out. This should give us two reasonably sturdy fighters.

BhiabLU.jpg

krJAGPx.jpg

...This... seems to be the whole map...

ozEQxZ4.jpg

That's not a significant critical rate, but it still... exists...

XzWzIrq.jpg

hn1f0Ww.jpg

GMwgRrK.jpg

...There! Much better!

DIDlGYs.jpg

Step thirteen on my path to greatness.

H7moejH.jpg

Alright, we're ready to secure the-

...Wait a second...

What's that on the walls?

(Click here to open music in a new tab)

(Dakota takes a votive candle out of the convoy bag and holds it up against the walls. The walls of this last room are covered from top to bottom in beautiful paintings.)

Dakota: Holy...

(Dakota looks at the first one. It depicts three dragons, one golden, one black, and one purple, set against what appears to be the night sky. The gold and black dragons seem to be united in battle against the purple one.)

Dakota: Is that... that black dragon... looks exactly like those statues of the Dusk Dragon... the ones that predate known civilization...

Azura: And that gold dragon looks like the Dawn Dragon...

Dakota: But then who's the third one they're fighting?

Azura: And what's that sphere in the picture? The green and blue one, I mean. Those white things look like stars... Is that supposed to be our world?

Dakota: ...If it is, it's a terrible rendering.

Azura: What makes you say that?

Dakota: The landmasses are too big. Look at them. We've measured the curvature of the earth back in Nohr, Azura, and it is huge. You'd barely be able to see Xelbus from that far away.

Azura: Maybe they didn't know?

Dakota: Better question: Why would they be in any position to know what our world really looks like in this place?

Azura: ...But that does bring the question... did the First Dragons... come here from...

Dakota: From where?

Azura: I don't know... somewhere else?

Dakota: ...Is there anywhere else?

(Dakota and Azura move on to the next image. The black and the gold dragons are blasting the purple dragon from either side as the purple dragon falls.)

Dakota: ...Looks like the third dragon lost in the end.

Azura: So... the Dusk Dragon and the Dawn Dragon... were friends?

Dakota: At least the Vallites seemed to think so. Hold on, what's...

(Dakota moves the candle to the next painting. Azura claps her hands to her mouth in horror at what she sees)

Azura: Oh... oh gods...

(The third painting shows the black dragon and the gold dragon looking out upon a scene of utter devastation. Forests are burning, villages are collapsing, and the entire landmass seems to be crumbling into the sea.)

Dakota: ...Wow. That got dark real fast. Figures. Guess that's why you shouldn't base a religion on a bunch of statues.

Azura: No... I don't think they meant to do this. Look at their heads! They... they're hung in shame! I think this might have been an accident. Maybe collateral damage from their battle? Or maybe they didn't realize that people lived here...

(They move on to the next few images. The first shows the two dragons diving into the water and using their great power to tunnel deep into the earth. In the second, together they breathe the center of the earth full of their draconic power. In the third, they each take handfuls of fallen humans and gently breathe their magic into them, causing them to rise again.)

Azura: See? I... I don't think the First Dragons created the earth... I think... I think they just did their best to fix it.

Dakota: ...So they brought some humans back to life with their own power, tunneled into the earth, filled it with their magic...

(They move to the next painting, showing the two dragons using their powers to create a vast new floating landmass in the center of the earth)

Dakota: ...And made a new home for them there.

Azura: I... suppose that would explain why our souls, specifically, are light and dark.

Dakota: More importantly... that sounds an awful lot like here, don't you think? A floating land you get to by going deep beneath the earth?

(They move to the next painting. On the left, the black dragon forges one half of the floating continent into a beautiful twilit landscape of glowing plants, snowy mountains and dark caves, full of bats, owls, wolves, horses and wyverns. On the right, the gold dragon forges the other half into a sunny paradise of wide, grassy plains, beautiful pink trees, bountiful crops and sparkling rivers, full of pegasi, kinshi, cranes, pandas and foxes. Dakota and Azura stare open-mouthed.)

Dakota: No way. But... this is still supposed to be in Valla, isn't it? Those places look like... they look like...

Azura: ...They look like Hoshido and Nohr. But if they were created in here... then how did they get back up to the surface?

Dakota: ...We're assuming any of this is true. But let's keep looking.

(They move to the next painting. The bottom of the painting shows civilization being rebuilt on both halves of the floating continent, while above, on another floating landmass, it shows the two dragons meeting with a small group of humans. The black dragon is bestowing its blood upon a mighty warrior while a scholar, having already received this blessing, appears to use a dragon vein to assist in the construction below. The gold dragon is doing the same thing, bestowing its blood upon a king while what appears to be a priest uses a dragon vein to assist in the light country's construction.)

Dakota: Huh... if this is all true... I suppose that means the religions got that part right. It really is dragon blood that lets the royals use the dragon veins.

(Dakota turns to Gunter)

Dakota: Gunter. You've been awfully quiet.

Gunter: ...To be honest, milady, I'm at a loss for what to say. The two of you have put it better than I could.

Dakota: Fair enough. Let's see what... what...

(Dakota and Azura move to the final painting, but it's almost completely destroyed. All that remains are two sets of hands that appear to be lovingly clasped together in the middle.)

Dakota: ...

Dakota: ...We've been here long enough. Let's get Jakob cleared to come in.

(Dakota, Azura, Gunter, Theo and Rhoda leave the chamber and head towards the cave entrance)

(Stop music)

(A few minutes later, the enemies guarding the canyon exit point have been routed. Dakota, Azura and Gunter are standing around the ledge, while Theo and Rhoda are collapsed in a heap on the floor.)

Dakota: (Into sending stone) Alright, Jakob. You're clear. Jump.

Jakob: (Through sending stone) ...Understood, milady. I will... ergh... Um...

Dakota: We don't have much time, Jakob.

Jakob: (Through sending stone) Ergh... ...TALLY-HOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo

(The cry continues from the stone and grows in real life as Jakob passes into Valla)

Jakob: oooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAH!

(Jakob flies over the ledge and lands on his feet in Valla)

Jakob: ...That was... well... that was... unusual...

Dakota: Welcome to Valla, Jakob.

Jakob: Gunter! You're alive!

Dakota: Just like I said. Everyone, search the soldiers' pockets, take anything of value or interest that you can find. (Turns to Gunter) Alright Gunter, I'll fill you in on the details of what exactly is going on later, but right now we don't have much time. Gather up with the others, I'm taking you all to my base.

Gunter: ...Understood, milady.

It won't be long before reinforcements arrive, War Journal, and then we'll probably have to retreat. I'm going to formulate a plan for searching the area as quickly as we can, and I'll get back to you with the results tomorrow.

Until then, War Journal.

[spoiler=My thoughts on the chapter]

Please, for the love of god, somebody please tell me that was the worst chapter in the entire Revelation path. Please tell me that it is entirely uphill from here. Please. I have never seen FoW implemented in such a hamhanded way in a Fire Emblem game. Fire Emblem maps should not require backtracking, and they should not have decoy tunnels every thirty goddamned feet!

There was basically no challenge at all. I thought that not using Jakob might spice things up, but holy shit.

I hope the added story was enough to make this compelling, because I seriously doubt the actual LP part was.

Edited by Alastor15243

Just like Ignominious Defeat said this is really great, can't remember the last time I got so excited for updates to come out for any sort of documented run!

If you thought that chapter was bad just wait until chapter 10 and chapter 24. Oh and chapter 16 and 17 are very "fun". If you haven't seen them yet you'll see why when you get there. Otherwise the maps are decent at best or the same maps from Conquest and Birthright.

Another excellent part. I wasn't quite expecting you to use my bond units, actually. I thought they were rather... mediocre given the skills, since I can clearly produce better ones, but I suppose not. I know I'm supposed to be making that thing for you, but... I'm sorry, I just can't. It's too damn frustrating to try and train those weak things up in any capacity, and I don't have the patience for Lunatic.

Another excellent part. I wasn't quite expecting you to use my bond units, actually. I thought they were rather... mediocre given the skills, since I can clearly produce better ones, but I suppose not. I know I'm supposed to be making that thing for you, but... I'm sorry, I just can't. It's too damn frustrating to try and train those weak things up in any capacity, and I don't have the patience for Lunatic.

Sorry it turned out to be such a nuisance. If it's that much of a hassle, I can sacrifice aesthetics and let you use bond units for the grunts. Actually that will probably be better in the long run since it'll give you a wider range of skills to use. Also keep in mind that I haven't revealed that fight's full roster yet, so you should leave room for about 3 units, counting Yukimura.

Just like Ignominious Defeat said this is really great, can't remember the last time I got so excited for updates to come out for any sort of documented run!

If you thought that chapter was bad just wait until chapter 10 and chapter 24. Oh and chapter 16 and 17 are very "fun". If you haven't seen them yet you'll see why when you get there. Otherwise the maps are decent at best or the same maps from Conquest and Birthright.

I've heard the big gimmick of chapters 16 and 17. Thankfully since I'm playing ironman, not getting to save between them isn't that big of a nuisance to me. But I dread to think you might be referring to something else...

Also, I just asked around in the fates forum today, and apparently Revelation... doesn't really have skills on any of the generics?

Damn it. I was hoping that Revelation would be like Conquest in terms of gimmick maps and gameplay, but like Birthright in terms of grinding options and such, but it's turned out to basically just be Birthright with all of the characters and with the gimmicks taken up into overdrive.

...And to make matters worse I established the whole skill infusions thing came from "The Purple Ones", so now I have basically no excuse storywise for why it's suddenly easier.

No matter, I'm sure I'll manage somehow.

Edited by Alastor15243

I have a Corrin with Inspiration, if you want it.

My Castle code is 15663-90253-64113-20505 or you can just look up Delta Mac Anu instead.

EDIT: I also really loved this latest update.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

I have a Corrin with Inspiration, if you want it.

My Castle code is 15663-90253-64113-20505 or you can just look up Delta Mac Anu instead.

EDIT: I also really loved this latest update.

Thanks, I appreciate it! Is it an easy-seize?

EDIT: I managed to get the skill, thanks a ton!

Edited by Alastor15243