[UPDATED 3/6/16] Spreadsheet for Stat Bonuses/Marriage/Buddy Seals for Gen 1/Gen 2 Characters

HariyaSeki

**[uPDATE AS OF 3/6/16: Added max stat caps based on classes, and weighted growth rates!!]**

Hello! This is my first time posting in SerenesForest, so I'm new to this posting thing (so I hope this is okay), but I've made a spreadsheet that can help you organize, as the title says, Marriage and Buddy Seal (partners) for both Gen 1 and Gen 2 characters in Fire Emblem if/Fates (even though it might be a little too late since it's already coming out in less than two weeks, haha). I tried doing some visual stuff to make the spreadsheet easier to read/make the information easier to understand at a glance, but since I'm not very much on the coding/programming/formula-writing/etc. side, my formulas are a little clumsy/ugly/really bulky/slow, but I promise you that they should work.

Before using it, I recommend that you make a copy of it for your own personal use so that--on the off-chance more than one person uses this--your pairings won't get messed up.

If there are any mistakes/errors/problems/etc., please tell me, and I will fix them as soon as possible. If you have any suggestions/comments/etc., I would also be glad to address them.

Thank you very much for your time, and I hope this spreadsheet helps you, even if it's just a little.

**Note: This spreadsheet works for ALL paths.**

Version using the Japanese names (in English): Here

Revelations version using the localized American names: Here

Localized Hoshido-only version: Here

Localized Nohr-only version: Here

What you can do with it:

- Customize Kamui/Corrin based on the asset/flaw/secondary class you choose.

- View overall stat bonuses for children based on the marriage pairings of Gen 1 characters.

- View marriage/buddy pairings and class inheritances for the Gen 1 characters.

- Organize your class/skill inheritances for Gen 2 characters.

- View marriage/buddy pairings and class inheritance for the Gen 2 characters.

- View growth rates for Gen 2 characters based on marriage pairings of Gen 1 characters.

- View stat caps based on classes for both Gen 1 and Gen 2 characters.

- View weighted growth rates for both Gen 1 and Gen 2 characters.

Edited by HariyaSeki

I apologize to everyone who was viewing this spreadsheet when I was fixing it; it suddenly came to my attention that all the children actually had an extra +1 modifier to all their stats, which I had not put into consideration in the stat bonuses. I have changed it to reflect that bonus now, though.

Thank you for your time, and I am very sorry for all of the trouble.

Wow, this is really interesting. As an amateur with the drop-down boxes, how do they work?

EDIT: Oh, and those table markers (can't think of a better name, the things that list child, parents, stat names, etc.).

Edited by Konnor97

there is no Effie as Mitama's mother option.. and seems you're miscalculating something for 3rd gen Kanna, because 3rd gen Kanna won't get +1 all stat mod

Edited by KamuiSama

Wow, this is really interesting. As an amateur with the drop-down boxes, how do they work?

EDIT: Oh, and those table markers (can't think of a better name, the things that list child, parents, stat names, etc.).

Hello! I was an amateur too when I started this spreadsheet! 8D

(Though I'm still an amateur, haha)

For the drop-down boxes, first you have to make the choices you want on a separate sheet (for organization purposes). I believe you can make the list of choices on the same sheet, but I did it on a separate sheet so I could list other information. Then you right-click the cell you want to make the drop-down box in, and then click "Data Validation". A window should pop up, and when it asks you to pick a range, you click the little cell-looking icon thingy, and then you highlight the range of choices you want, and hit Save/Done. Then a drop-down box should appear!

The table markers are just frozen rows/columns, which can be done from the "View" menu, where it'll say something like "Freeze..." and then it'll offer several options.

Hope this helped! If anything was unclear, please feel free to ask me! ^-^

there is no Effie as Mitama's mother option.. and seems you're miscalculating something for 3rd gen Kanna, because 3rd gen Kanna won't get +1 all stat mod

I'm sorry! I made a mistake when I was fixing the localized version; I have fixed that mistake now. Sorry for the trouble, and thank you for telling me.

Ah, so you mean that Kanna won't get a +1 mod when the other parent is a child? I'm not sure what you mean with your second statement.

Edit: May I ask for a clarification? I'm sorry ^-^;

Edited by HariyaSeki

I'm sorry! I made a mistake when I was fixing the localized version; I have fixed that mistake now. Sorry for the trouble, and thank you for telling me.

Ah, so you mean that Kanna won't get a +1 mod when the other parent is a child? I'm not sure what you mean with your second statement.

Edit: May I ask for a clarification? I'm sorry ^-^;

yes Kanna won't get a +1 mod when the other parent is 2nd gen unit (child),

Hello! I was an amateur too when I started this spreadsheet! 8D

(Though I'm still an amateur, haha)

For the drop-down boxes, first you have to make the choices you want on a separate sheet (for organization purposes). I believe you can make the list of choices on the same sheet, but I did it on a separate sheet so I could list other information. Then you right-click the cell you want to make the drop-down box in, and then click "Data Validation". A window should pop up, and when it asks you to pick a range, you click the little cell-looking icon thingy, and then you highlight the range of choices you want, and hit Save/Done. Then a drop-down box should appear!

The table markers are just frozen rows/columns, which can be done from the "View" menu, where it'll say something like "Freeze..." and then it'll offer several options.

Hope this helped! If anything was unclear, please feel free to ask me! ^-^

Alrighty then, that makes sense, thank you.

Something I noticed though is that the skill Luna says Selena, but it gives accurate information and is even in the spot where Luna should be alphabetically.

Alrighty then, that makes sense, thank you.

Something I noticed though is that the skill Luna says Selena, but it gives accurate information and is even in the spot where Luna should be alphabetically.

Sorry, haha

That was just from me hitting "Find and replace" Luna for the name, but then also the skill, apparently. I've fixed that. Thank you very much. X'D

It has been fixed! (Hopefully!)

And thank you as well X'D

There are some errors regarding Kanna (M) and Shigure (with Jakob as father) class overlap. For example: Kaze x Corrin(F) with Ninja as secondary, because father class takes priority for inheritance, Kanna(M) will get parallel class from Corrin(F) secondary which is Cavalier while in your sheet, Kanna(M) gets Samurai instead. You can use this sheet as reference https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xd0pBZ4oQtk7o3fBXUcCGCXc8tQ3BFSx4CcknOkPKTc/edit#gid=714086933

There are some errors regarding Kanna (M) and Shigure (with Jakob as father) class overlap. For example: Kaze x Corrin(F) with Ninja as secondary, because father class takes priority for inheritance, Kanna(M) will get parallel class from Corrin(F) secondary which is Cavalier while in your sheet, Kanna(M) gets Samurai instead. You can use this sheet as reference https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xd0pBZ4oQtk7o3fBXUcCGCXc8tQ3BFSx4CcknOkPKTc/edit#gid=714086933

Hmm... I see what you mean. (Also, thank you for the link to the spreadsheet for reference.)

I thought it worked where the constant parent got priority for alternate classes? That's the information I got from this post: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55536

Hmm... I see what you mean. (Also, thank you for the link to the spreadsheet for reference.)

I thought it worked where the constant parent got priority for alternate classes? That's the information I got from this post: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55536

yes for other child but for Corrin (F) and Azura, father class gets first priority for inheritance just like mentioned in the link you posted

"The only two exceptions to this rule are Shigure (Azura/Aqua's son) and male Kanna (female Avatar's son)."

Google documents hates me, it just keeps saying "Reconnecting" for me.

But thank you, I was looking for something like this. ^^

Thank you very much! ^^ I'm glad I could help

Though the document is currently still being fixed, so please stay tuned for the corrected version(s)! ^^

yes for other child but for Corrin (F) and Azura, father class gets first priority for inheritance just like mentioned in the link you posted

"The only two exceptions to this rule are Shigure (Azura/Aqua's son) and male Kanna (female Avatar's son)."

Ah, I see I must have read it wrong the first time

Thank you very much! I will get on fixing that right away, and I'm sorry for the trouble

EDIT: I've fixed it! Thank you very much! ^^

EDIT 2: Nevermind, I think I've found them all I'm sorry, haha

Edited by HariyaSeki

Since you JUST got here, TC, this is a reminder that double-posting isn't allowed. Use the Edit button if you want to append something to your last post.

As for the sheet itself, I'm tempted to turn this into something that isn't tied to Sheets. . .but I'm going to wait until after the game is released, since I'm not a fan of spoiling myself (like on the personal skills).

Since you JUST got here, TC, this is a reminder that double-posting isn't allowed. Use the Edit button if you want to append something to your last post.

As for the sheet itself, I'm tempted to turn this into something that isn't tied to Sheets. . .but I'm going to wait until after the game is released, since I'm not a fan of spoiling myself (like on the personal skills).

Oh, thank you very much. I'm so sorry for the trouble, and thank you very much for telling me. I will be sure to keep that in mind for the future!