Corrin's Price?

Draco

Before Corrin and Bayo came out, I had around $10.60 on my Wii U eShop account. Since I knew Bayo came with a stage, she should cost about $5.99. Corrin, since he does not, should cost $3.99. Should be enough to get both of them.

They come out, I was hyped. Bayo costs $5.99 like I anticipated, so I get her. I like the stage and how it comes with 11 songs (better than Midgar), but Corrin costed a dollar more than I anticipated. Whoch means I'm about 40 cents short from getting them both. Why does Corrin cost this much? I'm not sure. I'm pretty salty though. I'm a teenager without a credit card of my own so I have to rely on my mom for funds on the eShop, but she recently lost her wallet and credit card. Lame. Actually, the only way I'm getting these guys is by buying gift cards for the eShop at Wal-Mart with my allowance.

Also, Bayo isn't very fun, but Corrin looks alright. I probably would've grabbed him instead if I had known.

More importantly: why does all the DLC cost so much? Wii U version of Smash is $60, but the whole package includes all the modes, stages, and characters that are already in the game. A DLC character (without a stage) costs $3.99, which is kind of outrageous, since there's ~50 characters in this game already??????

I get that Nintendo is bad about stuff like DLC but that doesn't make this any less outrageous.

Your thoughts?

It costs that much because Nintendo can get away with it. Simple supply and demand. If the DLC sales started being lackluster, they'd lower the price.

I'll go ahead and guess Corrin's DLC costs a bit more than you expected because Fates is a hot new game, and many people's attention are focused on it, so they will buy the DLC even if it's a bit expensive.

Edited by Nobody

Smash DLC is actually underpriced compared to DLC in most fighters.

Also I'm in Canada and it cost me almost $20 to get just Corrin and Bayonetta.

Corrin's DLC costs $1 because he's a newcomer. Mewtwo, Roy and Lucas all cost the same because they're veterans. Ryu, Cloud and Bayonetta all cost the same because they're newcomers with a stage. Corrin is all on his own.

I believe Corrin cost more because he came with songs. Two songs to be exact. The remix and the original. Normally the stage comes with the songs, but Corrin didnt come with the stage and only the songs.

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, $40 for DLC alone may seem like a lot but for many Smash carries the value of multiple games. Its why I also paid $40 for the trash version which only came out 3 months earlier and soon become a dusty game on my shelf. Genious marketing Nintendo btw.