Dai

So, apparently, there's a silhouette for a brand new Pokemon.

corocoro3161.jpg

It's called Magiana, according to Serebii. Gotta say, if this is indeed true, I'm starting to wonder if we're going to get Pokemon Z or whatnot.

Well, if we do get Z or whatever instead of Gen VII, they could be trying to make up for the low number of new mons in XY, and have Z introduce a few new ones. Either way, I've got a feeling that Magiana is just the beginning no matter which route they take.

Edited by Griffonite

Gen VI felt awfully short... But I guess it sorta makes sense as a way to celebrate the 20th anniversary.

RIP Kusaka and Yamamoto, how many arcs are you simultaneously doing again?

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Wait, am I the only one not seeing the silhouette here?

...Also, is Beyblade still a thing?

Edit: oh hey look, there it is. Magiana huh, that sounds like a very unfortunate name in English so it'll probably be changed. It looks a bit too...big to be a starter, right?

Edited by Thane

Here's the actual Pokemon:

http://www.serebii.net/#

My guess is that it is a Fairy/Steel Type.

Gen VI felt awfully short... But I guess it sorta makes sense as a way to celebrate the 20th anniversary.

Actually, if you consider the pattern of previous generations, this reveal is right on scheldule, just a tiny bit earlier. I was expecting a Gen VII reveal by June/July of this year actually.

And Gen VI wasn't really short.

It's just that when you get older, time has this nasty habit of passing more quickly than usual.

EDIT: This could also be Gen VI's cute legendary.

Edited by Water Mage

It's likely to be a Gen VI Pokémon, since it

[spoiler=spoiler I guess?]has a connection to Volcanion. Apparently Volcanion is the only Pokémon that knows Magiana's "secret". The new movie coming out also has Volcanion and Magiana in it

Zygarde and its Formes still need to be implemented into the games also, as well as it's unique moves. Same goes with AZ and his unique Floette. Generation 6 isn't going anywhere for a while. Pokémon's 20th anniversary is on the 27th of this month, so I wouldn't be surprised if something didn't get announced then regarding a new main game

Edited by DodgeDusk

This magazine's cover is so stupidly busy it took me 5 minutes to find it. idk how anyone can find that good design.

Either way, I hope it's just a new legendary gen VI pokemon rather than the beginning if gen VII. Starting Gen VII now would be a bit dumb and anti climatic IMO

Edited by Nobody

It does look like this:

magiana.jpg

Imo, it seems to be still Gen VI, I don't see Gen VII coming in the near future, I might be wrong, though.

My guess is Steel/Fairy, they confirm a connection with Volcanion and as Volcanion has contrary types, I guess Magiana will be under the same or similar rule. Who knows?

Edited by Quintessence

Ooh, that looks like a cute robotic bunny! I like it! Man-made, huh? So like the Porygons, except not virtual. My guess on its typing is Fairy/Steel.

I wonder if this is the legendary hinted about in XY, the one from some far off region that you get an item that's related to it.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm going to guess it has something to do with Pokeballs if that's the case, maybe explaining the origin of the technology. That dress looks so much like a Pokeball.

Edited by Knight

I first thought it was a Bunny BB-8....

It's kind of cute. My bet is on fairy Steel as well, but Steel/Psychic would do too.

But we just got Diancie and Hoopa. Compare it to SInnoh, where we could get Darkrai Shaymin and Arceus (if I don't forget any one) as Pokemon event distribution, it is possible Magiana is Gen VI number-wise.