SSB General Competitive/Tournament Discussion. EVO 2016 ruleset is out

Jedi

What Smash games have you played?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Smash Games you've played before!

Be it for 64, Melee, Brawl, Project M or Smash 4, here is where we can discuss all things competitive, the main thread was kinda talking about how over-saturated it was getting with Competitive talk, so I decided to move it here.

Anyone got any tournaments soon? I have another go at Blackwolf in about 9 days time. I got 17th last month out of 76 people, kinda rusty at the competitive stuff, but then I got first at some local Hastings tourney which was at 1.0.0 lol, Sonic was so fun to use in that setting.

Also doing lolzy polls.

Edited by Jedi

Maybe this time we can keep the thread from dying.

Just went 2-2 at a local, which is better than normal but I lost to dumb things so I'm salty anyways. Could've gone way further. At least I beat an apparently-pretty-good Fox?

Maybe this time we can keep the thread from dying.

Just went 2-2 at a local, which is better than normal but I lost to dumb things so I'm salty anyways. Could've gone way further. At least I beat an apparently-pretty-good Fox?

Oh a Fox huh? I beat a fairly competent Pikachu at the last BW, so I guess we're doing good against those high tiers huh?

I am a bit salty Zerxion slammed me out as Ganondorf lol. He got into my head after I got a good start.

But I went like, loss, win, win, win, win, loss.

Edited by Jedi

Oh a Fox huh? I beat a fairly competent Pikachu at the last BW, so I guess we're doing good against those high tiers huh?

Link has an absolutely shitty Fox MU. I told the TO that I was pretty sure the guy simply didn't know a thing about the MU.

[spoiler=also]BFJSgDc.png

Our Sheiks don't really go to Wombo. We (NorCal) have some (3 on PR, 2 of which are in the top 5), but they don't go to these locals unless there's something special going on.

Recently I've been going to weeklys at a nearby community college every Friday at like 4 PM for Smash 4. I went 3-2 in the last one I went to but won Grand Finals in the other weekly I went to. I'm not sure about the overall Kansas PR but the best player that regularly goes to the weeklys is a Luigi main named Very Freezer.

Edited by Batter the Beast

It's like 65:35 Megaman or something IMO. Lemons beat out fireballs and grab attempts, which is most of Luigi's neutral. Luigi is forced to approach, which the character is already mediocre at, but the character he's forced to approach is Megaman. Next to Diddy, it's Megaman's best relevant matchup in the higher tiers.

Aha, so its kind of like how Samus even has pros vs Luigi, but Megaman has much better projectiles and neutral to mess him up than she does, gotcha.

Wait Megaman is good vs Diddy?

I think so, Banana play is hard when a lemon clanks with it and a lemon, metal blade, or leaf shield ruins diddys up b.

Oh right, I keep forgetting Diddy's up B is very easy to mess with, I guess thats just a mindset I get into when I don't use many characters who have projectiles.

How many events do you guys tend to have a month?

Two every two weeks (every other Sunday, every other Wednesday), unless interrupted by holiday (or Super Bowl)

also I fought a p good Mega Man today in friendlies, I asked him how to play around the lemons, and his best advice was like

"powershield...but more importantly, if you have a lead you don't need to approach"

lemons so good

Oh wow nice I wish I had events that often, also I keep hearing of Toon Link successes recently. I think he's been underestimated for a bit too long, kind of an underdog until Genesis 3, now its just exploding.

And this that you linked me lol http://oddshot.tv/shot/shi-gaming-2016021195959509

Edited by Jedi

Yeah on top of the commonly allowed 7 stages we have:

-Skyloft

-Peach Castle 64

-Halberd

-Delfino

-Umbra

-Castle Siege

Legal. But we have 3 bans.

I'd be down for all of those minus Delfino, but why Peach 64 if I may ask? It seems a bit weird.

Ugh Delfino makes me rage so much, I got taken there by a Yoshi once and he proceeded to curbstomp me, he was better than me too, but I had just taken a game and he took me to delfino because I banned other stages.

I regretted it.