The Best Way to do a Maid/Butler Run

HappyHawlucha

When I get used to Fates, my plan is to have a save file where my main team is mostly composed of Maids and Butlers. So, I'm in need of help to help pair and buddy my units in a way to make the most maids and butlers possible. Btw I'm planning this to be on Revelations, if that helps in a by way XD

Revelation doesn't really matter because all of the potential Maids/Butlers are in Conquest (none of the Hoshido-exclusive characters have Troubadour in their class set).

Peri can A+ Felicia to get Maid. Odin can A+ Leo for Butler (Xander and Niles will get Dark Mage). Gunter and Silas can A+ Jakob for Butler. Benny can marry Effie to get Troubadour (other guys get Knight). Lutz can A+ Dwyer to get Butler. Marrying Arthur to Charlotte gives him Troubadour (other guys get Fighter). Felicia, Dwyer, Jakob and Elise can marry anyone of the opposite gender to pass Troubadour.

You've also got Corrin who can pick Rod Knight and pass that on to their spouse.

I think that's all of them.

Revelation doesn't really matter because all of the potential Maids/Butlers are in Conquest (none of the Hoshido-exclusive characters have Troubadour in their class set).

Peri can A+ Felicia to get Maid. Odin can A+ Leo for Butler (Xander and Niles will get Dark Mage). Gunter and Silas can A+ Jakob for Butler. Benny can marry Effie to get Troubadour (other guys get Knight). Lutz can A+ Dwyer to get Butler. Marrying Arthur to Charlotte gives him Troubadour (other guys get Fighter). Felicia, Dwyer, Jakob and Elise can marry anyone of the opposite gender to pass Troubadour.

You've also got Corrin who can pick Rod Knight and pass that on to their spouse.

I think that's all of them.

Foleo is a Troubadour.

Shigure has Troubadour, but I am not sure If he will give it to Matoi.

Some Hoshido characters can A+ Nohr units for Troubadour.

On 11/02/2016 at 8:44 PM, Kativera said:

Not to hijack but can M!/F!Corrin/Kamui be a Maid/Butler? O.o

Yeah. They can have Rod Knight as their secondary or they can get it from an A/S support with a character that has Rod Knight as their main class.

Edited by Matt-hue

yes, just pick it as your secondary class or marry someone who will pass it to you.

If you marry Felicia, Jakob, Flora, Deere, or Elise you get access to maid/butler or if you A support them, depends on your gender.

If you want the most maids/butlers possible though you probably just want to pick it for Corrin so s/he can pass it to their spouse.

Edited by iavasechui

Troubadour as base class: Foleo, Dwyer

Troubadour as secondary: Shigure

Troubadour from A+: Gurei, Kisaragi, Lutz, Siegbert, Ignis. (So Lutz and Ignis don't need Charlotte and Effie as their mother)

Hisame and Shinonome are left. They can be Felicia!Hisame and Elise!Shinonome.

Anyways if anyone is curious for getting all the female children in Revelations as Maids, it's a little trickier:

• Marry Elise and Felicia to any of the following characters: Silas, Odin, Niles, or Laslow (they have Sophie, Ophelia, Nina, and Soleil respectfully)
  • Marry Dwyer to any of the following characters where their mother ISN'T Elise or Felicia: Sophie, Ophelia, Nina, and Soleil (for example, if Nina's mother is Felicia and Ophelia's mother is Elise, Sophie or Soleil are my only options here).
  • Marry male avatar with Troubadour sceondary to the remaining female child I've listed (i.e. if I have Felicia!Nina, Elise!Ophelia, and marry Soleil to Dwyer, then I marry male avatar to Sophie)
  • Get A+ support on Kana with the following characters: Midori, Mitama, Selkie, and Velour
  • Marry Shigure to Caeldori
  • Marry Foleo to Rhajat

The reason the Maid setup is a little harder than the Butler setup is because you'll need to marry Elise or Felicia with the Nohr exclusive characters and marry the male avatar to one of the Nohr female children.

But generally speaking, if you are planning to do an all Maid/Butler run, you need characters that either have good hybrid stats (i.e. Sakura, Odin, Niles, Gurei, and Saizo), characters that benefit from higher luck stats for the Line of Death/Extravagence/Easy Life skill combination (i.e. Midori with the right setup), or good candidates for Explosive Shurikens (Elise and Nyx comes into mind). Someone with well-rounded stats with good strength, speed, and luck growths such as Effie, Mozu, Oboro, Peri and Charlotte are also good candidates as Maids or Butlers.

Edited by Dark Paladin X

• Get A+ support on Kana with the following characters: Midori, Mitama, Selkie, and Velour
  • Marry Shigure to Caeldori

Are you sure that Kana's second class comes from father while Shigure's second class comes from mother?

Are you sure that Kana's second class comes from father while Shigure's second class comes from mother?

Yes, Kana will always get the secondary class from her father (which is depending on what you set), and Caeldori will get Shigure's secondary class since both share the same primary class (Shigure will always get the Butler class as his secondary from his mother, which means Caeldori will get Shigure's secondary class since both are Sky Knights).

Yes, Kana will always get the secondary class from her father (which is depending on what you set), and Caeldori will get Shigure's secondary class since both share the same primary class (Shigure will always get the Butler class as his secondary from his mother, which means Caeldori will get Shigure's secondary class since both are Sky Knights).

What I want to ask is: why Kana gets mother's class as her third class, while Shigure gets mother's class as his second?

Will Caeldori get Wyvern Lord from Jakob!Shigure?

Edited by Tooru

What I want to ask is: why Kana gets mother's class as her third class, while Shigure gets mother's class as his second?

Will Caeldori get Wyvern Lord from Jakob!Shigure?

Well, let me make it easier to you:

Kana's main class is the Nohr/Hoshido Princess. However, since it's a unique class, any A+ or marriage supports will have other characters access her secondary class.

Shigure's mother's secondary class is actually Sky Knight (the Troubadour class is actually a "hidden" teitary class). However, since Shigure cannot inherit the his mother's Singer class, he gets the Troubadour secondary instead.

And Caedori will always get the Trobadour class when marrying to Shigure even if Shigure's father is Jakob. His mother's "hidden" teitary class will take higher priority over others.

Well, let me make it easier to you:

Kana's main class is the Nohr/Hoshido Princess. However, since it's a unique class, any A+ or marriage supports will have other characters access her secondary class.

Shigure's mother's secondary class is actually Sky Knight (the Troubadour class is actually a "hidden" teitary class). However, since Shigure cannot inherit the his mother's Singer class, he gets the Troubadour secondary instead.

And Caedori will always get the Trobadour class when marrying to Shigure even if Shigure's father is Jakob. His mother's "hidden" teitary class will take higher priority over others.

You are still not answering my question.

A child has two secondaries, and that is the problem.

Sophie!Kana has Dark Princess, Troubadour(from father), Cavalier(from mother). As you said she will give Troubadour, which is from her father.

Silas!Shigure has Sky Knight, Cavalier(from father), Troubadour(from mother). As you said he will give Troubadour, which is from his mother.

Jakob!Shigure has Sky Knight, Troubadour(from father), Wyvern Rider(from mother). As you said he will give Troubadour, which is from his father.

Edited by Tooru

You are still not answering my question.

A child has two secondaries, and that is the problem.

Sophie!Kana has Dark Princess, Troubadour(from father), Cavalier(from mother). As you said she will give Troubadour, which is from her father.

Silas!Shigure has Sky Knight, Cavalier(from father), Troubadour(from mother). As you said he will give Troubadour, which is from his mother.

Jakob!Shigure has Sky Knight, Troubadour(from father), Wyvern Rider(from mother). As you said he will give Troubadour, which is from his father.

Well, I'm not good at explaining things clearly well enough, but anyways, you are correct, the child will always have two secondary classes from inheritance (the primary class from mother, the primary from father). But there unusual cases.

Shigure's case is pretty unusual, the Trobadour class is always inherited from his mother. When marrying Azura to Jakob, because Jakob's primary is Troubadour and Shigure already gets this class from his mother, he'll get Wyvern Rider from his father instead.

Well, I'm not good at explaining things clearly well enough, but anyways, you are correct, the child will always have two secondary classes from inheritance (the primary class from mother, the primary from father). But there unusual cases.

Shigure's case is pretty unusual, the Trobadour class is always inherited from his mother. When marrying Azura to Jakob, because Jakob's primary is Troubadour and Shigure already gets this class from his mother, he'll get Wyvern Rider from his father instead.

Jakob's secondary is Cavalier, not Wyvern Rider.

But Shigure gets Wyvern Rider, which can only come from his mother as a mutation of Sky Knight.

If the class from father always becomes the second, while the class from mother becomes the third:

1. Sophie!Kana will give Troubadour, not Cavalier.

2. Silas!Shigure will give Cavalier, not Troubadour.

Edited by Tooru

Jakob's secondary is Cavalier, not Wyvern Rider.

But Shigure gets Wyvern Rider, which can only come from his mother as a mutation of Sky Knight.

If the class from father always becomes the second, while the class from mother becomes the third:

1. Sophie!Kana will give Troubadour, not Cavalier.

2. Silas!Shigure will give Cavalier, not Troubadour.

You STILL don't understand what I'm saying here.

Shigure is a unique case because he gets the Trobadour from his mother as a base secondary. Kana will get the secondary whatever her/his father/mother's base secondary is (in the case with the all Maid/Butler run, it'll be the Troubadour).

The children will get two secondary classes across from their base class, one from their fixed parent (i.e. Shigure will always get the Troubadour class from his mother, Azura, because since his mother's secondary is Sky Knight and he is already a Sky Knight, so he gets the hidden "teitary" class instead of his mother's primary class which the Songstress class from Azura be inherited for gameplay purposes) and another from the variable parent (Silas!Shigure will get the Cavalier as his second secondary from Silas). Kana, Selkie, and Velour will always get their "special" class as their primary and will always get their secondary from their father (or in male Kana's case, his mother).

When marrying or supporting two children characters of the same base class, they'll get the secondary class based from their fixed parent, not their variable parent. In the case when marrying Caeldori to Shigure, Caeldori will get the Trobadour class from Shigure and Shigure will get the Samurai class from Caeldori.

I think this thread will help better understand how the class inheritance system works and it'll help you understand why I set the getting all female children as Maids like this. I try to explain this to you so many times, but you still don't understand how the inheritance system works (and I hope someone in this thread can better explain this to you well). Also, keep in mind that that A+ supports are non-reciprocal, meaning multiple characters can get A+ support on one character, but one character can only get one A+ support with another character.

Edited by Dark Paladin X

You STILL don't understand what I'm saying here.

Shigure is a unique case because he gets the Trobadour from his mother as a base secondary. Kana will get the secondary whatever her/his father/mother's base secondary is (in the case with the all Maid/Butler run, it'll be the Troubadour).

The children will get two secondary classes across from their base class, one from their fixed parent (i.e. Shigure will always get the Troubadour class from his mother, Azura, because since his mother's secondary is Sky Knight and he is already a Sky Knight, so he gets the hidden "teitary" class instead of his mother's primary class which the Songstress class from Azura be inherited for gameplay purposes) and another from the variable parent (Silas!Shigure will get the Cavalier as his second secondary from Silas). Kana, Selkie, and Velour will always get their "special" class as their primary and will always get their secondary from their father (or in male Kana's case, his mother).

When marrying or supporting two children characters of the same base class, they'll get the secondary class based from their fixed parent, not their variable parent. In the case when marrying Caeldori to Shigure, Caeldori will get the Trobadour class from Shigure and Shigure will get the Samurai class from Caeldori.

I think this thread will help better understand how the class inheritance system works and it'll help you understand why I set the getting all female children as Maids like this. I try to explain this to you so many times, but you still don't understand how the inheritance system works (and I hope someone in this thread can better explain this to you well). Also, keep in mind that that A+ supports are non-reciprocal, meaning multiple characters can get A+ support on one character, but one character can only get one A+ support with another character.

Then what does Shigure get from Jakob?

I will never understand that Jakob!Shigure gets Wyvern Rider from Jakob, which is neither Jakob's base class nor secondary.

But Jakob!Shigure does have Wyvern Rider, not Cavalier.

Edited by Tooru

Then what does Shigure get from Jakob?

I will never understand that Jakob!Shigure gets Wyvern Rider from Jakob, which is neither Jakob's base class nor secondary.

But Jakob!Shigure does have Wyvern Rider, not Cavalier.

Technically Jakob!Shigure get's Troubadour from Joker which is why he get's Wyvern RIder from Azura instead of Jakob's Cavalier. I think in the coding Sky Knight is his base, Troubadour is his secondary and his inherited variable class is considered tertiary (Wyvern Rider from Azura in this case).

Shigure is always going to get Troubadour even if its not from his fixed parent Azura, which is probably why its this way. This is only a issue for Jakob!Shigure and class overlap M!Kanna. Its weird but the whole analogue classes is odd without looking at how its apparently coded.

Edited by Frozenkappa

So now we have:

"he'll get Wyvern Rider from his father instead."

Vs

"...which is why he get's Wyvern RIder from Azura instead of Jakob's Cavalier."

"...Wyvern Rider, which can only come from his mother as a mutation of Sky Knight."

"Shigure will always get the Troubadour class from his mother, Azura"

Vs

"Technically Jakob!Shigure get's Troubadour from Joker."

"they'll get the secondary class based from their fixed parent, not their variable parent."

Vs

"Troubadour is his secondary and his inherited variable class is considered tertiary (Wyvern Rider from Azura in this case)."

Edited by Tooru

Jakob can't give Wyvern Rider which is a simple mistake that seems to be causing a communication error

Jakob!Shigure get's Troubadour from Joker is a technicality just because he get's Wyvern from Azura. "Shigure will always get the Troubadour class from his mother, Azura" is technically correct besides coding in this one situation.

They'll get the same secondary class no matter the variable parent anyway but whether its actually from the fixed parent isn't always the case.

To quote myself

Shigure is always going to get Troubadour even if its not from his fixed parent Azura, which is probably why its coded this way. This is only a issue for Jakob!Shigure and class overlap M!Kanna. Its weird but the whole analogue classes is odd without looking at how its apparently coded.

Its a technicality. In rare situations

Edited by Frozenkappa

Jakob!Shigure get's Troubadour from Joker is a technicality just because he get's Wyvern from Azura. "Shigure will always get the Troubadour class from his mother, Azura" is technically correct besides coding in this one situation.

To quote myself

Its a technicality in rare situation

Technicality or not, are you sure that Troubadour is always the second and never becomes the third? This is my question from the beginning.

You are using "I think", so I haven't got an answer.

Edited by Tooru

Technicality or not, are you sure that Troubadour is always the second and never becomes the third? This is my question from the beginning.

I can't actually confirm this, which is why I didn't want to get involved but this has gone on for almost 24 hours; mostly because of communication errors. Dark Paladin X seems to be having trouble answering your question because you're not directly asking it. You're looking for proof that Shigure's secondary is always Troubadour while myself and Dark Paladin X seem to be trying to explain this.