Special Edition Pre-Order Anxiety Thread

dragonlordsd

So, we're about a week out now, and I'm really starting to feel the pre-order anxiety. You know, that some how my order's going to get cancelled at the last second, or shipped to the wrong address, or my credit card won't go through.

Anybody else having these fears, or is it just me?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the horror stories, I have been a bit nervous, even though I preordered the first day on Amazon. It's international shipping so that also makes me nervous. For no reason probably because the order seems fine and I've never had problems with Amazon. I also hope it doesn't take long to get here. D:

I'm not worried it will be canceled, I haven't heard of any Best Buy cancels yet.

Definitely. Was able to snag one during that whole Walmart fiasco, so I'm really hoping it pulls through without being cancelled ;_;

I'm rooting for you!

Real happy to see I'm not the only one being paranoid.

I have been checking my order every day for the past week, and I haven't slept well for much longer than that.

Everything's fine, but I feel really nervous since there's a lot of stories about how gamestop orders get cancelled for no reason or something similar. My order is international so I'm doubly nervous.

Mind you, I did get the order in on the 15th, which was pretty early, and the payment is present on my card as not paid yet, but I really can't help being super anxious from my lack of experience with online orders.

It's even worse considering the fact that I don't know WHEN my order will get here. International means I have no faster shipping option, so I have no idea if I'm going to get it on the release date or later, and it's driving me crazy. Some people here say they always get their preorders from gamestop on release day (from experience), but others say it won't get here until a week after. Cue here for anybody who's familiar with gamestop or international shipping as whole to tell me how much time it'll take, to please lay my worries to rest a bit (I want to sleep again dammit)

The only thing I'm worried about is GS deciding to sell my preorder before I get there. Mind you, I've never had an issue with my GS (I know the manager), but paranoia mode has definitely set in. My stress levels will see a significant reduction when I finally get the SE.

Yeah I keep checking my order every day and I plan on being there when they open on the 19th, my big worry is that my GameStop's shipment might be late that happened when I preordered the Last Story and I had to wait 3 extra days for the shipment to come in and then I had to wait while they unpacked the shipment. GameStop ships pretty fast, but you should get a tracking number when they ship your SE to you so you should be able to track it to see when it will get there.

Lmao I'm paranoid of actually missing the opportunity to get my hands on one.

I've already missed over 3 opportunities because of my god awful timing.

I'm clearly not fated for the SE.

IF only.

Edited by carefreejules

I'm not worried it will be canceled, I haven't heard of any Best Buy cancels yet.

I'm rooting for you!

Thanks! :D

Luckily the initial charge seemed to go okay, so I think I might be in the clear. I haven't heard of anyone getting their preorder cancelled yet from there, but I guess we'll know when they start fulfilling orders D:

I will be on pins and needles until I see that charge go through for my Best Buy pre-order. I know I shouldn't have too much to worry about since there hasn't been any news about Best Buy canceling orders, but the worry is still present. Guess it's an irrational fear to have, but I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Yeah I'm also getting nervous... The seller I bought it from (eBay) got the pre-order on Nov. 18 so I'm wondering if it's been cancelled without either of us knowing?

Is it from GameStop? I just confirmed with my friend that he placed his on the 18th, he was in the clear. So if it's from GS you should be good :D

I'm mostly nervous about when I should go grab my in-store preorder at GS. I ordered in the first day so it's supposedly safe. I have class that day from 10:30-12:00 so I can't decide if I should get up early that day and go when GS opens at 9 [see edit] or just wait until after my class (since I can sleep in and also I won't be able to play until that night when my new 3ds xl fates edition ships cause I don't want the save files to get messed up just in case).

But I don't want them to sell mine accidentally or say they only get 2 and 3 people preordered it and I'm the one that misses out. Also for the keychains cause I've heard GS employees like to say they "ran out" of the bonuses so they can keep them themselves.

~~~~~~~~~~

Edit: Actually opens at 10. Shoot. I'll be late if I go before class.

Edited by kisooni

Well, so far I haven't had issues with my GS preorder, and I intend on going there at opening to get it (10 a.m.). Thankfully, I requested off from work to go get it. Though I still worry about the second preorder I have from Best Buy. To be clear, I don't intend on scalping it. Rather, I plan on selling it to a family friend at a reduced price.

I'm hoping that Amazon or BestBuy screw up on my order

by that I mean sombody sleeping on their shift sends it to me early

yes I somehow managed to get atleast 2 copies, 1 for me another was ordered for a friend

but if I get one early IT'S MINE!!!

With all the horror stories, I have been a bit nervous, even though I preordered the first day on Amazon. It's international shipping so that also makes me nervous. For no reason probably because the order seems fine and I've never had problems with Amazon. I also hope it doesn't take long to get here. D:

Yeah, I have never had any issues with Amazon so far, but it hasn't stopped me from obsessively checking on my order every day since to make sure its still there. Another thing that's scaring me is the weather we've been having in the north east US lately that may delay it several days like when Awakening came out (ended up getting it on the 8th instead of the 4th like everyone else). I even payed express shipping so I'd be sure I'd get it on the 19th, so it better not be late. I don't play around when it comes to a new Fire Emblem.

Not super worried, since I was that nerd who refreshed amazon during the nintendo direct when it was announced :P

Same here. As soon as it showed up on screen I immediately paused and started refreshing like crazy for any retailer, and amazon showed up first. I remember shaking the entire time trying to order it, convinced that scalpers would gobble them all in seconds. Kinda surprised pre orders were open for 2 hours afterwards...

Edited by Silver Lightning