Special Edition Pre-Order Anxiety Thread

dragonlordsd

Got an email saying my pre-order was shipped (pre-ordered from Gamestop). Estimated delivery date is Monday, Feb. 22. Looks like I won't get it tomorrow, but at least it will get here soon. I have college work to pass the time anyway.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got off hte phone with Best Buy. The lady told me that the warehouse has all of them boxed up and are simply waiting for shipping labels to be printed so they can ship them all out tonight. She also told me that I should receive it tomorrow. Here's hoping that's the case!

Just got off hte phone with Best Buy. The lady told me that the warehouse has all of them boxed up and are simply waiting for shipping labels to be printed so they can ship them all out tonight. She also told me that I should receive it tomorrow. Here's hoping that's the case!

Great to hear. I've been charged by BB, but it still says "preparing to ship." Guess we'll see tomorrow.

Update: Just got "order shipped" text! Hopefully that means I'll have it tomorrow.

Edited by dragonlordsd

Got a call from Gamestop, and it turns out that my crusade against them has paid off! I will be getting my copy from them after all. I asked for confirmation a couple of times. I know where I'm going to be at 10AM tomorrow.

special edition seems like a waste of money to me. You can get the other game for a discount as well as revelation for only 20 dollars each and have them all on the same cartridge, you're just paying for an artbook.

If it costs the same as getting all three via download or one physical and two downloads, how can it be a waste of money compared to the complete non-special edition version?

As for the artbook, while it's smaller than I would have liked and doesn't seem to actually have notes about how designs and aesthetics were determined, it's something I hold a lot of interest in.

But really, the main thing I wanted was to get all the games on one cartridge. And no, buying one game and then downloading the other two doesn't give you all the games on the same cartridge. You don't need more than one cartridge to access them, but if you put your cartage in another 3DS (because you decided to lend the game to someone), you won't have all the other stuff you've already paid for. I'm irritated enough about having to put up with that with DLC.

By the way, does anybody know if that new Nintendo Account thing will allow us to have all of our 3DSes and other systems tied to the same account, so that if you can download something you already bought to another system without having to do a system transfer?

special edition seems like a waste of money to me. You can get the other game for a discount as well as revelation for only 20 dollars each and have them all on the same cartridge, you're just paying for an artbook.

Yes, but then you'd have to have all of them on one SD card. And, considering the size, you'd have to buy an entire new SD card just for this game, which means that it DOES cost more. Plus it's hard to loan an SD card to friends. SD cards are a lot smaller and a lot easier to lose.

Further, Revelations won't be available for 3 more weeks if you don't have the special edition.

The art book is also supposed to be 80 pages and hard cover (I believe. Should double check), which does sound pretty tempting.

There are a myriad of other reasons, but I'll let other people chime in.

Edited by dragonlordsd

Best buy says that it is ready to be picked up. I can't go right now but I'll go there in a few hours to see. I guess I might be getting it a few hours early.

I just got the email saying mine is ready for pickup, too. Gonna swing by and see if I can get it.

Update: Nope. The guys at my Best Buy are really professional and didn't break street release date.

Edited by Grimalkenkid

As for me, I was panicking seeing how everyone at Best Buy is getting their orders shipped today, while mine still says processing. So my dad and I called Best Buy and apparently the system is glitched, but other than that, my order should come in by tomorrow at least before 5 pm in my time zone, and the lady was so kind with the information and will refund my shipping money ($15).

If anyone has done the express or expedite shipping, don't do it if it's a preorder. That's my lesson learned from today. XD

As for me, I was panicking seeing how everyone at Best Buy is getting their orders shipped today, while mine still says processing. So my dad and I called Best Buy and apparently the system is glitched, but other than that, my order should come in by tomorrow at least before 5 pm in my time zone, and the lady was so kind with the information and will refund my shipping money ($15).

If anyone has done the express or expedite shipping, don't do it if it's a preorder. That's my lesson learned from today. XD

Eh. Yeah, it would suck if all the panic were for nothing. Still, I've wasted money on dumber things in my life, so we'll see.

Eh. Yeah, it would suck if all the panic were for nothing. Still, I've wasted money on dumber things in my life, so we'll see.

I have too. I bought a 6 month pass for Just Dance All Access and I stopped playing that game in the second month. At least when I'll trade it in for Xbox membership, it's worth the trade.

Called today to confirm my order was still coming in for pickup from Gamestop. They politely said it was, and mentioned something about 'Anime Day' (lol).

They also said that the keychain preorder bonus (Xander, Azura, and Ryouma) was still in tact, despite it not being on their website anymore.

It will be a good day tomorrow :)

So mine is set to expedited shipping. Should I call to have that cancelled if free shipping will get the game to me tomorrow just the same?

I would do what I did and call Best Buy about the shipping. If they say that they'll refund your shipping money, then that's great! What I'm doing is that since my SE copy is scheduled to be here tomorrow, I will call Best Buy to let them know it shipped on the same day as release date. Even if my copy doesn't get here on Friday (which it should), I'll still get a refund on the shipping. Like I said on my previous post, if you preorder in general, don't mess with the shipping speed, because the nice lady told me that preordering is scheduled to be at your doorstep on release day.

Hope this helps!

So I went to best buy and they had it and they even tried to sell it to me. Their system won't let them do it since it is not release date yet so I have to pick it up tomorrow. It is aggravating that it was right in front of me.

I guess it was too much to hope for.

So close, and yet, so far.... :)

Mine still says "waiting for UPS to pick it up"

Edited by dragonlordsd