Special Edition Pre-Order Anxiety Thread

dragonlordsd

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was having the worst issue with Best Buy when I tried to change my shipping on Monday. For three days I was on the phone with Best Buy just trying to add the 11$ charge....

Turns out the system was not allowing additional charges to the initial charge, resulting in my order being put in limbo.

After two hours on Wednesday of me giving the Best Buy representative solutions, I told her to change the shipping back and then it updated from "processing" to "preparing for shipping".

So I'm assuming anyone who had issues with their payment method with Best Buy, this is most likely the issue.

I work with developers, and they say that Best Buy's system most likely is having issues with the surplus of orders, and also there may be a "bug" in the code.

I hope all you guys get your orders! Mine is supposed to arrive today.

So all you had to do was call and now your order says it should be here today?

Well i should probably call Best Buy right now. Thank you!

Well, yes and no. If you credit card isn't going through then you should contact them. If it just hasn't arrived yet i'm not sure.

If you changed the shipping method and then started having issues, then absolutely call and change it back to the original shipping method you picked. The issue with my order was the fact I had already paid a transaction originally for the game with free shipping. And by adding that extra charge it screwed up my order. So easiest method is just to keep it at what you originally ordered with.

I hope this helps. Keep me updated on if you get your issue fixed.

I called my local Best Buy just to be certain before I head there, and they said that yes, they do indeed have my copy ready to be picked up whenever I'm ready.

That's reassuring. I can't get there for another 7 hours or so.

...These 7 hours are gonna be a long wait.

Don't count on it fixing everything :( I have spoken to at least 5 different customer service people on twitter, email support, and phone support. They all told me my order being stuck in processing was normal and couldn't do anything to change the awaiting authorization bs. And now my order is delayed until 3/14.

I have no idea what's going on with my Amazon order right now. Yesterday the money was deducted from my account, and I checked today and it's saying "preparing to ship, ok....

So then I find out there's a Best Buy fiasco, I sweat a little but hey, Amazon isn't BB and maybe I'm being paranoid. Time passes, someone says all Amazon orders are delayed to April, wtf??? I call Amazon to confirm and they told me they have no idea when it's coming???? But why did they take my money, they said they don't accept payment until the order is ready???? I have stuff to do today so I won't be able to call back for a few hours or have any internet to check my order but I'm at a loss for what I should do. If it's delayed it's delayed, I just want to know what's going on with my order.

I ordered the SE on Amazon the day they went up, and on Wednesday they told me that it shipped. It still says it's in transit, but I was worried.

I just finished calling them, and they contacted UPS themselves and both places told me it still might come today somehow (although I have no idea how that would be possible), but the item itself is still in transit to UPS... The Amazon rep said I should expect it at the latest by the 23rd of February. First this potential delay thing happened with my Amazon order of SFV, and now FE14. What's going on with Amazon's shipments lately?

For anyone with a Best Buy order in "awaiting authorization" limbo that received a delay email, I think a fix has been found. According to the customer support forums, updating your shipping method or address will force it out of awaiting authorization limbo. I updated my address without actually updating anything and I finally got charged and my order just moved into "preparing for shipment". Several other people on their forums have reported that their item has now shipped. So if you got the delay email try that! It appears to be working for me.

AAAHHHHH!!!! IT JUST CAME!!!!!!!! I HAVE IT IN MY HANDS OMG!!!!!

I swear I had a heart attack when the doorbell rang. I'm sooo happy right now; Amazon came through again! Good luck to everyone else still waiting on theirs!

I'm going under now; will not be back for sometime. So looooooonnnnnggggg!!!!! 8D

My gamestop preorder says open and I don't know if it's just an update error on their part or if it's been canceled. I haven't gotten an email or anything from them. I'm becoming increasingly worried. I know I paid for standard shipping but shouldn't it be shipped on the day if not the day before???

I called my local Best Buy just to be certain before I head there, and they said that yes, they do indeed have my copy ready to be picked up whenever I'm ready.

That's reassuring. I can't get there for another 7 hours or so.

...These 7 hours are gonna be a long wait.

Ahaha awesome! I'm glad you manged to grab one!

So the UPS truck came when my dad and I got back from town, and I was really excited because I finally waited for so long!

...the package was my mom's medicine. Funnily enough, there was another UPS coming through my neighborhood, I was looking forward to my game!

...it passed my house. I swear to Naga if I don't get it, I'm gonna be so sad. :(

I was able to snag one on amazon.ca! It restocked for a few minutes, and it was a good thing I was right next to my phone and computer for the text message alert. They already took out the money and are preparing for shipment today. I should get it next Tuesday!

I cancelled my Walmart order since it wasn't even moving from processing and in pre-order limbo. I would have had to have my parents ship it up to Canada anyways, so this somehow turned into the best scenario possible for me. x_x what a hassle.

Good luck to everyone else!

I was able to snag one on amazon.ca! It restocked for a few minutes, and it was a good thing I was right next to my phone and computer for the text message alert. They already took out the money and are preparing for shipment today. I should get it next Tuesday!

I cancelled my Walmart order since it wasn't even moving from processing and in pre-order limbo. I would have had to have my parents ship it up to Canada anyways, so this somehow turned into the best scenario possible for me. x_x what a hassle.

Good luck to everyone else!

That's great~! This whole thing has been a much bigger ordeal than it should've been. Edited by Zerosabers

I somehow snuck in a SE Pre-order through Gamestop in December. And I was giddy as can be when it arrived! So if you heard a fangirlish squee about an hour ago. . . uhmm. . . it wasn't me, got it?

Honestly I kept expecting it to have a been a glitch and thus was expecting a nice little email. That and I was surprised I got it street day considering I didn't really spring for high end shipping(I usually take the middle road, not free, but not over night either).

I didn't really follow the SE stuff too closely, but it really sounds like someone in charge dropped a zero they shouldn't have.

That's great~! This whole thing has been a much bigger ordeal than it should've been.

Thanks! Yeah it really has been. I feel so bad for people who got cancelled orders and weren't able to get a backup copy. :/