Special Edition Pre-Order Anxiety Thread

dragonlordsd

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I didn't get an e-mail about my copy shipping but I checked the tracking details and it said THERE it's apparently shipped?

That's really weird.

I don't mind having to wait another week to play it--that's happened before--I just don't want it to be canceled.

My friend picked up his copy earlier today from our local GameStop. I met with him later in the afternoon to get the Birthright copy that was ordered alongside the SE. I notice he didn't get the keychains. Cue us going to his car to get the receipt and THEN back to the store to get the keychains. I'm so exhausted.

Hey so I received my copy (yay). The carton box got damaged in shipping (nooo). Anyways for some reason I was originally charged to my credit card but then the charges disappeared... Anyone had this happen to them? Is this just standard gamestop procedure?

Well, I managed to snag Conquest at my local best buy, along with the Fire Emblem New 3ds. I'll take my victories where I can get them. I so hope that the Amazon backorder for the SE that I did is a sure thing.

Ok, so I was one of the ones that got !@#$ on.

I had pre-ordered the special edition through GameStop in-store along with the Map Pack, and paid it all off right then and there (just so I could pick it up on release day) I don't remember what day that was unfortunately.

Release day comes and they only got sent one. ONE. So unless they get anymore in, I'm not getting my copy :(

They have sent fourteen emails to Nintendo already about customers needing more and if they will ship any. No response yet.

I've already talked to the store manager at my local GS, if they can't get me a copy of the special edition, they've already got both physical copies and the keychains set aside for me, along with a $20 gift card to redeem for the map pack.

Now! I need to know if the DLC works for both versions or not, or if I'm going to have to pay for DLC twice for each game?!

Or should I go the route of only getting one of them and then just buying the other story as DLC and use the DLC for that one?

Edited by wesman2232

It sucks that my order for best buy was delayed until Monday, but they gave me a $20 digital savings code so I'm happy

Now! I need to know if the DLC works for both versions or not, or if I'm going to have to pay for DLC twice for each game?!

Or should I go the route of only getting one of them and then just buying the other story as DLC and use the DLC for that one?

I don't think you would because I believe the DLC is saved to the SD card or system memory and as long as you have that when you play you should be able to use it in any version.

Ok, so I was one of the ones that got !@#$ on.

I had pre-ordered the special edition through GameStop in-store along with the Map Pack, and paid it all off right then and there (just so I could pick it up on release day) I don't remember what day that was unfortunately.

Release day comes and they only got sent one. ONE. So unless they get anymore in, I'm not getting my copy :(

They have sent fourteen emails to Nintendo already about customers needing more and if they will ship any. No response yet.

I've already talked to the store manager at my local GS, if they can't get me a copy of the special edition, they've already got both physical copies and the keychains set aside for me, along with a $20 gift card to redeem for the map pack.

That's awful! I can't believe your GameStop was only sent one. D:

Well my package has just been sitting at a UPS store for 12 hours now. Worst part is that it's only 30 minutes away, and I won't even get it tomorrow because they don't deliver on sundays.

Yep, just one copy and the 14 emails either went out to other customers who ordered the same thing or it was to Nintendo. I don't remember haha.

Here's a problem I'm facing right now.

If I have to settle for the physical games and not the Special Edition, I've already been told I'm getting both copies or whatever I want for the same price and all. (They're going to make it right no matter what)

Now, I could go one route and get Birthright for myself, forgo the extra copy of Conquest and buy it digitally and Revelations later as well, so I can have all 3 on one cartridge. Then all DLC just gets bought for me. (plus i think I'd get all the benefits from the dlc chapters that give you free items right?)

OR I could get both, and give my girlfriend Birthright, and I keep Conquest and just buy the Birthright for a discounted price and go from there with my other plan. She's shown interest in the game before, but I'm not sure if she's going to REALLY like it as much as I do to keep on playing it again and again. I feel like she might play it then put it aside and never play it again.

I'm leaning toward the latter, but that's going to cost me an extra $20 that I don't have right now, and next paycheck is going toward a trip to visit my home state. I know it might sound harsh, its just shes not as much as a huge RPG/Strategy gamer as I am.

Edited by wesman2232

I'm terrified. I pre-ordered Online at GameStop, but the site never seems to update so I have no idea if it has truely shipped out or not. I'm probably gonna call them and see the true status of the order when I wake up.

Having an anxiety disorder does not help this a single bit

I'm going to do something I haven't done in a very long time: Pray.

I'm terrified. I pre-ordered Online at GameStop, but the site never seems to update so I have no idea if it has truely shipped out or not. I'm probably gonna call them and see the true status of the order when I wake up.

Having an anxiety disorder does not help this a single bit

I'm going to do something I haven't done in a very long time: Pray.

MY PANIC WAS WELL JUSTIFIED IT WAS CANCELLED WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE.

So I got my Special Edition on Friday. I bought it via Amazon within 5 minutes of it going up. The box carton was damaged in shipping, which really sucks (I'm super OCD and don't want any blemishes on anything. I collect NIB amiibo since I don't want to damage packaging, etc), but I cant do anything about it since its sold out everywhere. At least I dont ever plan on reselling, so its not too big of a deal... Grrr Amazon recently has been damaging my orders, like bent book covers and stuff.

I got mine from Amazon via UPS 3 days ago. It should have come in on release day like it said, but UPS sucks and Amazon tagged team with them and lied to me. I pre-ordered the damn thing like everyone else on the day it was first announced: November 12th.

Had to speak to several customer service reps asking them where it is.

When it finally came, i didn't get hit with the bubble mailer, but only the lower left hand corner is ripped, but so far nothing. I have been following several forums about this while waiting for mine to get here. I'm still reading them, and heard various horror stories about some who got their copy all destroyed by mostly bubble mailers.

But in the end, those of us who manage to get the Special edition without paying an ass load of money can finally chant: IN YO FACE SCALPERS!! :smug:

But good luck with everyone who has yet got theirs out for delivery, let alone shipped. c:

Yeah, I considered myself lucky my Amazon copy only had 1 small dent on it when it could have been easily crushed in the bubble mailer. The copy I got for my friend from Best Buy finally shipped after going through delay hell for days and Best Buy apparently didn't mess around. It was in a bubble mailer that had my shipping address and stuff, and that was inside of a large box with a million airbags. I guess they got complaints before they shipped it out and tossed it into a box instead?

Pretty much.

Some did got theirs in bubble mailers and surprisingly not a scratch on their SE copies as well.

Amazon can live another day, but fuck UPS. I don't trust them.