Special Edition Pre-Order Anxiety Thread

dragonlordsd

It could still get cancelled, so I'm really tense right now; some people are getting cancelled even after getting e-mails from both ebay and Best Buy.

I saw I had a new email, was prepared to scream in anguish to the heavens, until I saw it was a completely unrelated e-mail. :P

By the blazing, delicious embers of Sigurd's corpse, I WILL get this...

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Best Buy certainly had enough copies to put on ebay but not enough copies for us that preordered it when it went up because I just got an email that my order has been delayed to 3/14. Glad that was an extra I got for a friend and my copy is arriving from Amazon tomorrow. Best Buy what the hell?

I'm really sorry to hear that. :(

For my sake, can you tell me if you got an e-mail both from ebay and Best Buy? I got both, dunno if that means it's secure or not...

I was one of the earlier buyers so I THINK I'm safe, but I know I won't be sleeping at all tonight.

Oof...

Around what time did you put your order in? My stock tracker's comments are too big a mess for me to try and sort out any sort of pattern to the cancellations.

Also, there's rumors floating about that Target is going to get some in stock soon- possibly within the next hour, for all I know. I wish you the best luck, and would suggest using a stock tracker or something.

Edited by Anomalocaris

I think Amazon came and went in like a few minutes. But I'd keep an eye on it regardless.

I STILL haven't gotten my cancellation e-mail, so I THINK I'm in the clear...

But I did get an e-mail saying my Best Buy is closed, so maybe it can't send out a cancellation e-mail while closed...

Edited by Anomalocaris

I think Amazon came and went in like a few minutes. But I'd keep an eye on it regardless.

I STILL haven't gotten my cancellation e-mail, so I THINK I'm in the clear...

Neither have I, and it's been an hour and 11 minutes. But I think I ordered after Seifus so I'm not too confident.

Yeah, I'm going to try and see if my local EBgames might get in an extra copy.

I called and they basically said my preorder is in limbo(?) and that if it doesn't ship by the 20th I probably won't end up getting it. I still don't have much of an idea on what's going on since neither the email or the phone convo was very clear, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see at this point. ;_;

Aw, that sucks!. Time to pick a god and pray?

I'll hold out hope that the order is still there when I wake up, but my confidence is shaken.

I won't let it cancel :U I really hope you finally got one!

Edit: GG Best Buy I got delayed

Edited by Zerosabers

This launch is so ridiculous. I remember when I could just wander into a store to buy a new FE game without worrying about lack of stock or preordering special editions. Good luck to everyone still waiting on their orders.

I was having the worst issue with Best Buy when I tried to change my shipping on Monday. For three days I was on the phone with Best Buy just trying to add the 11$ charge....

Turns out the system was not allowing additional charges to the initial charge, resulting in my order being put in limbo.

After two hours on Wednesday of me giving the Best Buy representative solutions, I told her to change the shipping back and then it updated from "processing" to "preparing for shipping".

So I'm assuming anyone who had issues with their payment method with Best Buy, this is most likely the issue.

I work with developers, and they say that Best Buy's system most likely is having issues with the surplus of orders, and also there may be a "bug" in the code.

I hope all you guys get your orders! Mine is supposed to arrive today.

It's the best thing in the world to wake up in the morning, check order status, and see "out for delivery." All the fears just melt away.

I remember that feeling. I had it once when I was getting an order from Amazon. Then they messed up, the order never arrived. I contacted amazons customer service, but they were out of stock. I lost my special edition that day, all I got was a stupid refund. It's never over until the order is in your hands.

It's the best thing in the world to wake up in the morning, check order status, and see "out for delivery." All the fears just melt away.

Exactly. Just woke up and immediately reached for my phone to check; its been out for delivery since 6am. I'm eagerly awaiting it~!